Connection error?

I haven't been able to get on my Outlook Express email for weeks.
This keeps popping up in the "send/recieve" bar.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'shawmail', Server:
'127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 5101, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Please help.

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office
family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one
of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress
for OE 5.5x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
for OE 6.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.internet.mail.mac
for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Vincent asked:

| I haven't been able to get on my Outlook Express email for weeks.
| This keeps popping up in the "send/recieve" bar.
|
| The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'shawmail', Server:
| '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 5101, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
| Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
|

| Please help.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

XmlSerializer & Signed Assemblies : CS0647 Compilation Error
Hi, I am having problems using the XmlSerializer from within a signed assembly. I have narrowed down the problem to a compilation error (CS0647) occuring when .NET tries to compile code generated by the XmlSerializer. The JIT compiler gives an error when trying to process the following attribute: - [System.Security.Permissions.PermissionSet(System.Security.Permissions.SecurityAction.LinkDemand, Name="FullTrust")]. To make matters worse, this problem is intermittent. I have seen various postings around the web which seem to indicate that other people have experienced this same ...

Concatenate error/problem
Hi All, Who can help me with this problem>>?? I have to concatenate 5 items (and between all items an ", " (comma)), which I let lookup from a list containing 24 rows. This is what I'm using: =CONCATENATE((VLOOKUP(B28,I30:N54,6,0)),", ",(VLOOKUP(B32,I30:N54,6,0)),", ",(VLOOKUP(B36,I30:N54,6,0)),", ",(VLOOKUP(B40,I30:N54,6,0)),", ",(VLOOKUP(B44,I30:N54,6,0)),".") In some cases my lookup value is empty... Now I get a #N/A error How can I do this right. Example: If all my lookup value are filled I get this: 1000, 2000, 3000, ...

SqlDbType enumeration error
Hi, When the sub below here is called on my visual studio localhost, there is not a single problem. When I run my website with this sub on my IIS server I get the following error which doesn't make sence at all: The SqlDbType enumeration value, 31, is invalid. Parameter name: SqlDbType Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The SqlDbType enumeration value,...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Hide error messages?
I have error messages in a spreadsheet that show because I have not entered data in another cell. How do I keep this from showing until I enter a value in another cell that is part of the formula? =IF(Needed_Cell = "","",Formula) -- Best Regards, Luke M "Steve A" <SteveA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:951A0D56-5C06-43BE-A39F-2D9D58309A40@microsoft.com... >I have error messages in a spreadsheet that show because I have not entered > data in another cell. How do I keep this from showing until I enter a > value ...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

RMA Transfer Error
Several times, we get the error on RMA inventory transfers that "transfer document for this RMA is being edited by another user". This happens when I am the only person in the system. This is Great Plains 8. Is this a bug? Is there a specific tables that stores this field service records. I looked Dex_Lock and the table is empty. ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

Publisher2003 Certificate Template "Missing Clip Art" Error
Installed, removed, and re-installed Office 2003 Professional (Enterprise Edition) in Windows XP Pro (new & fresh build). Applied all Windows & Office updates. When picking Certificate "Appreciation 3" (in Print Publication view, Publication Designs\Apply a Design) this error is displayed: "The wizard cannot find clip art needed for this design. Your publication may not look as it was intended to look. Run setup again to reinstall the missing clip art file. For more information on running Setup press F1 now." We tried reinstalling, and removing/installing to ...

Getting an error message when I try to open an archive
I have some large archives that I used to have on my old home computer, and I upgraded to a Windows Vista laptop. I wanted to move these archives so I could view them in my new version of Outlook. I was able to put them in the correct Outlook folder and open them within Outlook, but when I go to expand folders under one of them I get and error message that says there is not enough memory to view the folders. How do I fix this???...any help would be great. Thanks! Tried scanning those pst-files for errors already with scanpst.exe? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77 ...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

Vertical Bar error
I have had issue with the vertical bar when building from the expression builder. The expression builder uses vertical bars but errors when I run the code. If I change it to commas different error but same implied reason. I am not using my commas correctly. Here is code that works (someone else built this, I am trying to reuse)but if I try to add the same code to a new text box the vertical bar error occurs. Is the some sort of reference that I should use to fix this? Help? =IIf(([Request Decision]="Approved")|([CountOfRequest Decision])|"") Try: =I...

corrupt dbEvent id 478: priv.stm read operation failed with error
Hello everyone, Came in this morning after a weekend, and found that out of the 3 stores that we have. One of the stores was not getting backed up and we are receiving event id 478, .the streaming page read from e:\mdbdata\level2.stm falied due to a page checksum mismatch.The read operation will fail with error -613(0xfffffd9b). If this condition persists restore the database from a previous backup. The last good backup that we have is of Friday 12pm. The good thing is that so far no one who has a mail box on that store has complained. They can access their mailboxes and also sucessf...

Maintain network connectivity on shutdown?
Hello, we have added a script to run at Windows shutdown and in testing it seems to at least run, but the problem is part of the script process that needs to access a server on our network fails because it appears that network connectivity has been dropped at this point in the shutdown process. Is there any way to set it so that network connectivity is retained on shutdown? For example, if there is still at least IP connectivity (but the WINS service has been shutdown), then could we run something on a command line to invoke the network resource? Any help would be greatly appreci...

No Internet connections in Network connections!!!
Hi im new to this forum and really need help. Yesterday I decided to set up my computer again (It had been in the garage because I wasn't using it for a while). Anyways, when I first started it up it worked fine and the internet connection worked as well. Later on it began to shut off unexpectedly if i tried to remove a program through task manager that wasn't working, so since it didn't have any important data, I decided to reformat my hardrive and reinstall microsoft xp. When I started up my cpu again, I noticed that there were no connections, even though I had not unp...

Remotely connect to SBS 2003
I'm a little new here. Trying to remotely connect to a SBS2003 server. However, the ISP uses DHCP to assign addresses so every 2 days the external IP changes. How can I connect to the server without asking someone at the office to give me the new external IP all the time? I've already assigned a static IP to the server in the range of 192.168.1.XXX and allowed port 3389 to that address in the router. I can connect fine when I have the correct external IP. Thanks in advance! R. Hi Remi: Welcome..... You should have a static IP address, or a dynamic to static t...

Error 929
Hi I have noticed recently that we keep getting this message and it concerns me. I have recently installed Exchange 2003 onto a Windows 2003 DC, as our Exchange 2000 server died, and now these annoying messages are appearing every so often. The new Exchange server did appear to pick up some settings via AD, if thats any help? Can anyone help get rid of these errors?? Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 1636 Process location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe ConnectorDN: CN=No External E-mail,CN=Connections,CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing Groups,CN=First Adm...