Connect via modem when Outlook is offline does not work Outlook 2002

Hi,

I have recently discovered a problem with Outlook 2002. When I am connected
to a network I would like to be able to send and receive automatically. When
I am not connected to the network I would like the Dial-up dialog to pop up
when I click send/receive. This worked in Outlook 2000 but when I upgraded
to Outlook 2002. All my settings appear correct. This was the same in the
original installation and after updating to SP3. I have also made sure that
IE6 is not in offline mode.

I have each email account set to Connect via modem when Outlook is offline -
as I have for IE6.
When I click Send/Receive I get the following error message for each
account:

Task 'mail.domain - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0D) :
'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information in
your account properties.'

This is driving me nuts so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nigel

0
newsmail (10)

You need to understand that Outlook does not know your Internet connection
status unless you tell it. So Outlook will poll any time you tell it to
unless you have set Outlook to "Work Offline.".

You need to examine your Send/Receive Group settings and set them
accordingly. Outlook 2002 provides far more options than Outlook 2000 did.
Examine those options. Post back if you can't figure them out. Remember that
whether your dial up connection prompts you is an OS setting, not an Outlook
setting.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Nigel Freeney" <newsmail@n-sign-international.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have recently discovered a problem with Outlook 2002. When I am
connected
> to a network I would like to be able to send and receive automatically.
When
> I am not connected to the network I would like the Dial-up dialog to pop
up
> when I click send/receive. This worked in Outlook 2000 but when I upgraded
> to Outlook 2002. All my settings appear correct. This was the same in the
> original installation and after updating to SP3. I have also made sure
that
> IE6 is not in offline mode.
>
> I have each email account set to Connect via modem when Outlook is
offline -
> as I have for IE6.
> When I click Send/Receive I get the following error message for each
> account:
>
> Task 'mail.domain - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0D) :
> 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information in
> your account properties.'
>
> This is driving me nuts so any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nigel

0
russval (3097)
7/7/2004 7:34:18 PM
Hi Russ,

Thanks for the rapid reply.

I'm not sure I have made myself clear from your response. I have set each
account to dial the ISP using the default Dial-up connection when the laptop
is not connected to a network. This is in Tools | email accounts | view or
change existing accounts | change | more settings.... button | Connection
tab

When I click on Send/Receive Outlook should identify that I am not connected
to the network and then bring up the dial-up dialog so I can connect,
send/receive, then disconnect if I have the disconnect after send and
receive option clicked.

The problem is that the dial-up dialogue is not appearing. If I was to try
and open IE6 and link to a site the Dial-up dialogue does pop up as
expected.

Thanks,

Nigel
> You need to understand that Outlook does not know your Internet connection
> status unless you tell it. So Outlook will poll any time you tell it to
> unless you have set Outlook to "Work Offline.".
>
> You need to examine your Send/Receive Group settings and set them
> accordingly. Outlook 2002 provides far more options than Outlook 2000 did.
> Examine those options. Post back if you can't figure them out. Remember
that
> whether your dial up connection prompts you is an OS setting, not an
Outlook
> setting.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Nigel Freeney" <newsmail@n-sign-international.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have recently discovered a problem with Outlook 2002. When I am
> connected
> > to a network I would like to be able to send and receive automatically.
> When
> > I am not connected to the network I would like the Dial-up dialog to pop
> up
> > when I click send/receive. This worked in Outlook 2000 but when I
upgraded
> > to Outlook 2002. All my settings appear correct. This was the same in
the
> > original installation and after updating to SP3. I have also made sure
> that
> > IE6 is not in offline mode.
> >
> > I have each email account set to Connect via modem when Outlook is
> offline -
> > as I have for IE6.
> > When I click Send/Receive I get the following error message for each
> > account:
> >
> > Task 'mail.domain - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0D) :
> > 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information
in
> > your account properties.'
> >
> > This is driving me nuts so any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Nigel

0
newsmail (10)
7/7/2004 8:39:27 PM
Are you connecting to the domain using Exchange?  If yes, what happens if
you set your Exchange properties to "manually detect connection status"?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nigel Freeney
asked:

| Hi,
|
| I have recently discovered a problem with Outlook 2002. When I am
| connected to a network I would like to be able to send and receive
| automatically. When I am not connected to the network I would like
| the Dial-up dialog to pop up when I click send/receive. This worked
| in Outlook 2000 but when I upgraded to Outlook 2002. All my settings
| appear correct. This was the same in the original installation and
| after updating to SP3. I have also made sure that IE6 is not in
| offline mode.
|
| I have each email account set to Connect via modem when Outlook is
| offline - as I have for IE6.
| When I click Send/Receive I get the following error message for each
| account:
|
| Task 'mail.domain - Sending and Receiving' reported error
| (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the
| server information in your account properties.'
|
| This is driving me nuts so any help would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Nigel

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
7/7/2004 10:50:33 PM
Outlook invokes dial up connections differently than IE and will not follow
the preferences you set for IE unless you select the "IE or third party
dialer" option. Have you set your Dialing Preferences at the Operating
system level to "Always ask before me before autodialing?"
--

:
> > > 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server
information
> in
> > > your account properties.'
> > >
> > > This is driving me nuts so any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Nigel

0
russval (3097)
7/7/2004 11:10:00 PM
Hi Milly,

No I am not using exchange.

Thanks,

Nigel
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:O3WrQTHZEHA.2388@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Are you connecting to the domain using Exchange?  If yes, what happens if
> you set your Exchange properties to "manually detect connection status"?
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nigel Freeney
> asked:
>
> | Hi,
> |
> | I have recently discovered a problem with Outlook 2002. When I am
> | connected to a network I would like to be able to send and receive
> | automatically. When I am not connected to the network I would like
> | the Dial-up dialog to pop up when I click send/receive. This worked
> | in Outlook 2000 but when I upgraded to Outlook 2002. All my settings
> | appear correct. This was the same in the original installation and
> | after updating to SP3. I have also made sure that IE6 is not in
> | offline mode.
> |
> | I have each email account set to Connect via modem when Outlook is
> | offline - as I have for IE6.
> | When I click Send/Receive I get the following error message for each
> | account:
> |
> | Task 'mail.domain - Sending and Receiving' reported error
> | (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the
> | server information in your account properties.'
> |
> | This is driving me nuts so any help would be greatly appreciated.
> |
> | Thanks,
> |
> | Nigel

0
newsmail (10)
7/7/2004 11:42:52 PM
Hi Russ,

I included the information about IE to pre-empt likely questions from anyone
kind enough to help. Unfortunately I missed out the final line from the
settings for each email account
Tools | email accounts | view or change existing accounts | change | more
settings.... button | Connection tab | Connect via modem when Outlook is
offline.

Thanks,

Nigel

0
newsmail (10)
7/8/2004 12:02:27 AM
So, do you still have a question?
--
> Hi Russ,
>
> I included the information about IE to pre-empt likely questions from
anyone
> kind enough to help. Unfortunately I missed out the final line from the
> settings for each email account
> Tools | email accounts | view or change existing accounts | change | more
> settings.... button | Connection tab | Connect via modem when Outlook is
> offline.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nigel
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Outlook invokes dial up connections differently than IE and will not
> follow
> > the preferences you set for IE unless you select the "IE or third party
> > dialer" option. Have you set your Dialing Preferences at the Operating
> > system level to "Always ask before me before autodialing?"
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "Nigel Freeney" <newsmail@n-sign-international.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Russ,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the rapid reply.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure I have made myself clear from your response. I have set
> each
> > > account to dial the ISP using the default Dial-up connection when the
> > laptop
> > > is not connected to a network. This is in Tools | email accounts |
view
> or
> > > change existing accounts | change | more settings.... button |
> Connection
> > > tab
> > >
> > > When I click on Send/Receive Outlook should identify that I am not
> > connected
> > > to the network and then bring up the dial-up dialog so I can connect,
> > > send/receive, then disconnect if I have the disconnect after send and
> > > receive option clicked.
> > >
> > > The problem is that the dial-up dialogue is not appearing. If I was to
> try
> > > and open IE6 and link to a site the Dial-up dialogue does pop up as
> > > expected.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Nigel
> > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > connection

> > did.
> Remember
> > > that
> > > Outlook

> > automatically.
> > pop
> > > upgraded
> in
> > > the
> sure

> (0x800CCC0D)
> > :
> > information
> > > in

0
russval (3097)
7/8/2004 2:26:17 AM
Hi Russ,

Yes =)

I still cannot get Outlook 2002 to bring up the dial-up dialog box when I am
not connected to  anetwork and click on Send/Receive despite having the
"Connect via modem when Outlook is offline" option ticked in the individual
email account settings. In Outlook 2000 it could tell that Outlook was
offline if their was no active connection. A work around for this appears to
manually clicking on

File | Work Offline

Is this a new feature (!!?) or a bug?

Thanks,

Nigel

> So, do you still have a question?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Nigel Freeney" <newsmail@n-sign-international.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Russ,
> >
> > I included the information about IE to pre-empt likely questions from
> anyone
> > kind enough to help. Unfortunately I missed out the final line from the
> > settings for each email account
> > Tools | email accounts | view or change existing accounts | change |
more
> > settings.... button | Connection tab | Connect via modem when Outlook is
> > offline.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Nigel
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > Outlook invokes dial up connections differently than IE and will not
> > follow
> > > the preferences you set for IE unless you select the "IE or third
party
> > > dialer" option. Have you set your Dialing Preferences at the Operating
> > > system level to "Always ask before me before autodialing?"
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "Nigel Freeney" <newsmail@n-sign-international.com> wrote in message

> > each
> > > laptop
> view
> > or
> > Connection

> > > connected

> > try

> > > connection

> 2000
> > > did.
> > Remember

> > > automatically.
> > > pop
> > in
> > sure

> each

> > (0x800CCC0D)
> > > :
> > > information

0
newsmail (10)
7/8/2004 4:23:46 PM
Outlook 2002 changed the way it invokes dial up connections. It is not
optimized for dial up connections. It has been years since I tested it, but
I seem to recall that forcing a prompt for all dial up connections at the OS
level would work. I have no way to confirm that any longer.
Did you try it?
--
> Hi Russ,
>
> Yes =)
>
> I still cannot get Outlook 2002 to bring up the dial-up dialog box when I
am
> not connected to  anetwork and click on Send/Receive despite having the
> "Connect via modem when Outlook is offline" option ticked in the
individual
> email account settings. In Outlook 2000 it could tell that Outlook was
> offline if their was no active connection. A work around for this appears
> manually clicking on
>
> File | Work Offline
>
> Is this a new feature (!!?) or a bug?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nigel
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > So, do you still have a question?
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "Nigel Freeney" <newsmail@n-sign-international.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Russ,
> > >
> > > I included the information about IE to pre-empt likely questions from
> > anyone
> > > kind enough to help. Unfortunately I missed out the final line from
the
> > > settings for each email account
> > > Tools | email accounts | view or change existing accounts | change |
> more
> > > settings.... button | Connection tab | Connect via modem when Outlook
is
> > > offline.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Nigel
> > >
> > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > follow
> party
Operating

> > > each
> the
> > view
> > > or
> > > Connection

> connect,
> and

> > > try

> it

> > 2000
> > > Remember
> an
> message

> am
> dialog
> same
> > > in
> made
> > > sure

Outlook
> is
> > each

> > > (0x800CCC0D)

> appreciated.

0
russval (3097)
7/8/2004 5:44:10 PM
Hi Russ,

How would I do that at the OS level aside from setting it IE 6 and Outlook?

Thanks,

Nigel

> Outlook 2002 changed the way it invokes dial up connections. It is not
> optimized for dial up connections. It has been years since I tested it,
but
> I seem to recall that forcing a prompt for all dial up connections at the
OS
> level would work. I have no way to confirm that any longer.
> Did you try it?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Nigel Freeney" <newsmail@n-sign-international.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Russ,
> >
> > Yes =)
> >
> > I still cannot get Outlook 2002 to bring up the dial-up dialog box when
> am
> > not connected to  anetwork and click on Send/Receive despite having the
> > "Connect via modem when Outlook is offline" option ticked in the
> individual
> > email account settings. In Outlook 2000 it could tell that Outlook was
> > offline if their was no active connection. A work around for this
appears
> > manually clicking on
> >
> > File | Work Offline
> >
> > Is this a new feature (!!?) or a bug?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Nigel
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > So, do you still have a question?
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "Nigel Freeney" <newsmail@n-sign-international.com> wrote in message

> > > anyone
> the
> > more
Outlook
> is

> > party
> Operating

> set
> > the
|
> > > view

> > connect,
> > and

> was
> as

Internet
> tell
> > it

> them
Outlook
> > > 2000
> not
> > an
> > message

> > am
> > dialog
> when
> > same
> > made

> Outlook
> > is
> for
> > > each

> > appreciated.

0
newsmail (10)
7/8/2004 7:46:07 PM
Assuming your OS is Windows XP:
Control Panel > Network Connections > Advanced > Dial up Preferences...>
Autodial > "Always ask me before Autodialing
--
> [...]
> OS
> > level would work. I have no way to confirm that any longer.
> > Did you try it?
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "Nigel Freeney" <newsmail@n-sign-international.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Russ,
> > >
> > > Yes =)
> > >
> > > I still cannot get Outlook 2002 to bring up the dial-up dialog box
when
> > am
> > > not connected to  anetwork and click on Send/Receive despite having
the
> > > "Connect via modem when Outlook is offline" option ticked in the
> > individual
> > > email account settings. In Outlook 2000 it could tell that Outlook was
> > > offline if their was no active connection. A work around for this

0
russval (3097)
7/8/2004 10:53:55 PM
Hi Russ,

That still doesn't solve the problem because it makes no attempt to dial
without manually making outlook Work Offline unlike Outlook 2000 which was
able to detect whether the machine was online or offline when Send/Receive
was used.

Thanks anyway,

Nigel

 automatically
> Assuming your OS is Windows XP:
> Control Panel > Network Connections > Advanced > Dial up Preferences...>
> Autodial > "Always ask me before Autodialing
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Nigel Freeney" <newsmail@n-sign-international.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Russ,
> >
> > How would I do that at the OS level aside from setting it IE 6 and
> Outlook?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Nigel
> >

> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > Outlook 2002 changed the way it invokes dial up connections. It is not
> > > optimized for dial up connections. It has been years since I tested
it,
> > but
> > > I seem to recall that forcing a prompt for all dial up connections at
> the
> > OS
> > > level would work. I have no way to confirm that any longer.
> > > Did you try it?
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "Nigel Freeney" <newsmail@n-sign-international.com> wrote in message

> when
> > > am
> the
> > > individual
> > appears

> > from
> from
> > > the

> > Outlook
> > > is

> > not
> third
> > > Operating
> > message

> have
> > > set
> > when
> accounts

> > not
> > send

If
> > > was
> up
> > > as

> > message
> > Internet
> > > tell

> > > them
> > Outlook
> out.
> setting,
> > > not

> When
Dial-up
> > > when
> > the
> also

> > > Outlook
> message
> > > for

> server

0
newsmail (10)
7/9/2004 1:38:12 PM
Actually, no version of Outlook is able to detect Internet Connection
status.
This makes no sense. You claim Outlook will only try to dial when you make
it Work Offline? That is the opposite of the behavior I've seen.
--
> Hi Russ,
>
> That still doesn't solve the problem because it makes no attempt to dial
> without manually making outlook Work Offline unlike Outlook 2000 which was
> able to detect whether the machine was online or offline when Send/Receive
> was used.
>
> Thanks anyway,
>
> Nigel
>
>  automatically
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Assuming your OS is Windows XP:
> > Control Panel > Network Connections > Advanced > Dial up Preferences...>
> > Autodial > "Always ask me before Autodialing
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "Nigel Freeney" <newsmail@n-sign-international.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Russ,
> > >
> > > How would I do that at the OS level aside from setting it IE 6 and
> > Outlook?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Nigel
> > >

> > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> it,
> > > but
> > the
> > > OS

> > when
> > the
> was
> > > appears

> message

> > > from
> > from
> change

> > > Outlook

> message
> will
> > > not
> > third
> > > message

> > have
> > > when
> > accounts

button

> am
> > > not
> > > send

> If
> pop
> > up

> > > message
> > > Internet
> you

> set
> > > Outlook
> > out.
> > setting,
> in

> > When
> Dial-up
> but
> was
> > > the
> > also

> > message

> error
> > server

0
russval (3097)

Image files suddenly don't work
I have an existing database, which links to .jpg image files for particular records. It's been working fine for years. Suddenly, today, every record with an associated image gives the following error message when the record is opened: "Microsoft Access doesn't support the format of the file 'C:\Pathname\Filename.jpg,' or file is too large. Try converting the file to BMP or GIF format." Any ideas, before I go for a serious search of the Micro$oft KB? TIA, Rob PS. It also does not appear that the file association for .jpg files has been kidnapped by a new...

OWA Front end doesnt work after SP2
After a little testing it was determined that if you try to access you OWA account through the Front End server it does not work properly. If you log in to Servername/exchange then all is fine. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Heith wrote: > After a little testing it was determined that if you try to access you OWA > account through the Front End server it does not work properly. If you log > in to Servername/exchange then all is fine. > > Any ideas would be great. > > Thanks > Heith, It doesn't help if you keep repeating your question with a differe...

How can Outlook be reinstalled on XP
Working with XP Pro. User was using only Outlook Express and deleted every file relating to Outlook. Now they want to install Outlook and there is nothing to be found. How can Outlook be reinstalled? Thanks Outlook or Outlook Express? For Outlook; insert the Office CD For Outlook Express; reinstall Internet Explorer 6 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Robert" <Robert@donotspam.com> wrote in message news:u4ckZYyfEHA.904@TK2MSFTN...

How do I uninstall Outlook 2007
I downloaded and installed Office 2007 SBA and it installed everything, but I didn't want Outlook as I use Windows Live Mail. I went into Control Panel and thinking there would be a "repair" option, but was just presented with the dialog "are you sure you want to uninstall Microsoft Office 2007?" and was afraid to click Yes because I only want to uninstall Outlook, not the whole thing. Can someone tell me how to uninstall just Outlook? Thanks. I posted this same message on 03/31/2010 but cannot find it and no one has posted any followup. Thanks in a...

Outlook express rules into outlook
Hi, I'm a long term user of Outlook Express, mainly for its ability to handle news as well as mail. Its message store as little flaky, to say the least, so I'm attempting to migrate back to Outlook for mail, I'm intending to try to use Windows Live Mail for news, since it seems to have a more robust message store. I've imported my Outlook Express accounts, messages and rules, after a fashion. The rules do not seem to have survived the import unscathed. I have many rules of the form: If 'from' contains 'address' OR If 'to or cc' contains 'addr...

Outlook 2002 DRAGGING!
I am running windows xp and outlook xp (2002) on a dell inspiron laptop. I use the information store on the exchange server and SYNC before leaving for the deay. Over the last 24 hours I have run into extremely slow sluggish message reading, clicking between messages, etc. I have restarted our exchange server but that didnt seem to cure it. What issues should I look at in outlook to see if my information store is up to snuff? chaz ...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

Money 2007 Delux stops working when updating
I've been using Money 2007 Deluxe since its release with no problems. Suddenly last week it stops working whenever I request it to update my accounts. If I do not force an update to the accounts - it works perfectly fine and will download transactions every 24 or so hours. I've read a number of posts with people having issues when the program opens - I don't know if it's the same issue. Still, I've reinstalled the software, closed modules, changed my start page and removed online services for ING Direct (an issue in and of itself). Is there a fix out ...

Microsoft Outlook Express #3
I am having a weird program with Outlook Express. I use Roadrunner. I have two computers networked. When I try to read my e-mail I have different e-mail on each computer. For some reason all of my e-mail does not appear on both of the computers. It is frustrating to have to open Outlook Express on both to see all of the e-mail. This problem started occurring after I had to have the hard drive reformated on one of my computers. I have Internet Explorer 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2) on both computers. Can some one tell how to fix this problem. I have installed all the updates on both compu...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

Outlook 2000, doesnt get email unless you *open* an email
Weird issue, Only happening on one machine. Outlook 2000 in a windows 2000 domain, exchange server etc. Mail works, send recv button doesnt seem to do anything, tools send / recv does nothing as well it will sit like that for hours, if I open an email or an attachment, the new mail comes right in. It then goes back to not getting any mail I played with settings, uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted mail profile, created new one, rebooted etc I'm at a loss, any ideas? Thanks in advance -Ron iasonn@gmail.com <iasonn@gmail.com> wrote: > Only happening on one machine. O...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Problem working offline, 2 GB limit.
Hi. I,ve got a problem working offline from my Exchange 2000 server. The problem is that I�ve got more than 2 GB of email and my offline store cant be bigger than that. Is there something I can do to be able to take my entire mailbox with offline?, or is it a limit in outlook? My outlook has been upgraded from 97->2000->xp->2003, but I have removew the ..ost and created a new one with Outlook 2003. /Erik Erik, I do not believe that you can go over 2GB for offline storage (.ost). More importantly I would not suggest you do it that way even if you could. That is a lot of d...

adding contact in outlook 2003
Hello, i want outlook to add a contact information of a person who wrote an email to me when i reply his message. In 2002 there was it possible, but i can't find it in 2003. regards Marcel, Germany I can not add contact information of people who write email to me when I reply their messages. Luis F Giraldo There is no such feature in either Outlook 2002 or 2003. This feature only existed in IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000. You can replicate this feature with code if you want: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Marcel Balasus" <...

kan niet meer antwoorden op mail via outlook 2000
Wij maken gebruik van een exchange server 2003 en outlook 2000 als client. 1 gebruiker heeft volgend probleem : Als hij wenst te antwoorden op een ontvangen mail, dan kan hij slechts 1 teken invoeren. Dit teken wordt vervangen door een tilde (~) teken. Daarna kan niets meer worden ingetikt. Ontvangen van mail = geen probleem. Versturen van nieuwe mail = geen probleem. Die gebruiker werkt wel steeds via een terminal server sessie. Heeft iemand dit al voorgehad ? Hi mrt Wie kan de net helpen, du must de frage in de dutch newsgroup fragen: news:microsoft.public.nl.office.outlook This is ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

Excel 2002 configuration
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E6_01C3ECD1.C34FE920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there any way to disable the little green corner marker in the top = left of cell for all cases where the formula references empty cells?=20 Thanks, Alan ------=_NextPart_000_00E6_01C3ECD1.C34FE920 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Outlook client sync problem
We have been running CRM 1.2 for over a year now and I have a new problem suddenly crop up. A remote outlook client that has been successfully syncing over VPN for a year or more now gets an error when he tries to go off-line. The message is: Cannot open user default database, login failed. What is more curious is data that he recently put in shows up on the main CRM server but no longer shows up in his copy while off-line. When he goes back on-line, the data is there. Goes back off-line, error message appears and recent data dissapears again. Behind the message, it appears to be ...

Outlook freeze by starting a LDAP search
Hello, I have a Problem with the qcslapd sample or Outlook 2002\2003. In Outlook I configured the qcslapd server as a directory-server. And when I open my Outlook address book now, it build a connection to my qcslapd server and starting a search with filter (objectclass=*). And a fiew seconds later, I see in my debug log that all entries are sending successfully (about 10 Entries). But Outlook hang on and shows nothing. A Timeout or a error message doesent apeear! This phenomen is ONLY occurs in outlook! It works fine with all other LDAP-Clients eg. Mozilla-addressbook, LDAP-Browser or the mic...

CRM 3.0 via web browser
Hello I have installed CRM server3.0 on SBS 2003 + sp1 and it is working properly. SBS is installed in the environment of WMWARE and my company has also AD "Falkon" with windows server 2003. I want to use CRM from web browser after logging on the AD "Falkon" i can use and make changes in sharepoint portal by using 162.9.134.132:8081 and with 162.9.134.132 i can see welcome page from SBS 2003 but when i try to connect CRM via web browser using IP 162.9.134.132:5555 it ask me username and passowrd and after accpeting username and password but Internet Explorer closed ...