Help!

I received an email message that requested a confirmation that it had been
received.  I told it to send confirmation, but it failed when attemtping to
send it and produced an error.

I tried deleting the email message and everything in the draft items and
Outbox, but every time I switch on Outlook the darn thing tries to send this
email confirmation.  It seems there is nothing I can do to stop it, even
though I cannot see it!

I have tried uninstalling Office 2003 and reinstalling it, but all of my
settings are remembered as are all the old emails.  I just cannot seem to
get rid of it!

Does someone know how I can get rid of this confirmation that keeps trying
to be sent but fails every time?  If not, can someone tell me how to
uninstall all of my old emails and settings when I uninstall Office?
Knowing this, I could uninstall the software and reinstall it, hopefully
returning to a nice clean system again.

I would appreciate any help you can give,

Dan

Outlook 2002 keeps opening ISDN line
we have 2 remote office with PCs that connect to head office servers via dial up ISDN using identical routers. The first office runs Outlook 2000. After a period of 1 minute inactivity the ISDN line drops as it should. Our 2nd office uses Win2k PCs running Outlook 2002. If Outlook 2002 is left open again the line drops after 1 minute's inactivity BUT opens again every 2 minutes (discovered after extremely high tel bill!). If Outlook is closed, line drops correctly and doesn't open again. Outlook option to check for email every 5 minutes is not ticked. (I've since ticked the ...

reading confirmation

Another Bug: Splitiing sending tasks
When I send an email with attachment (of over about 500KB) over a slow connection (dialup, CDMA etc) the following happens: Outlook starts sending the email (completed task 0 of 1) One minute later (when the email still isn't sent) it starts another sending task (completed task 0 of 2) Another minute later the same thing occurs, and so on until there are dozens of concurrent tasks running, and the email still doesn't go! At no point in this process is the internet connection lost, and the link is fast and robust enough for web browsing. The problem is not repeated on a DSL con...

Sending outgoing mail through separate SMTP Server
Currently my exchange server is sending the mail directly to the Internet but we need to change that. I would like to have the Exchange server send the mail through a separate SMTP server in our DMZ and have that SMTP server send the mail on its way. What is the easiest way to accomplish this Thanks. It depends on whether you have an SMTP connection out to the Internet or you are just using the default SMTP server. What you need is either on the SMTP connector you have setup or the default SMTP virtual server, tell Exchange the FQDN or IP address that you want outbound mail sent to. If yo...

clearing a cell and keeping the formula
hi Im new to excel I seem to lose my formula's everytime I go back to enter some data that I may enter wrong for example I have put the formula in and go back and put a number in the cell and find it's the wrong # so I backspace or hit delete and I lose my formula and clear the cell what am I doing wrong??:) -- genevieveg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ genevieveg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30333 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499995 A cell can contain ...

deleted folder will not empty-Ive tried everything help
I cant get my deleted folder to empty. I get: Error has been dectected in the file c:\document and settings\Jennifer\localsettings/applicationdata\microsoft\ outlook\outlook.pst I have used the inbox repair tool but it can only get as far as this: c:\programfiles\commonfiles\system\MSMAPI\1033 it ask which file I want to scan and them it cant find anything! PLEASE HELP I have worked on this for weeks and tried every help link i can find JDM Start scanpst.exe and run it against your pst-file. When you search for your pst-file make sure you include hidden files/folders -- ...

Agent Failed to evaluate Installed Rule
I examined the WindowsUpdate.log for the WUAU update process; 1768 b84 Agent ************* 1768 b84 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates] 1768 b84 Agent ********* In examining WindowsUpdate.log I noticed the following WARNING. 1768 b84 Agent WARNING: Failed to evaluate Installed rule, updateId = {F4B9C883-F4DB-4FB5-B204-3343C11FA021}.100, hr = 8024E001 1768 b84 Agent WARNING: Failed to evaluate Installed rule, updateId = {BFE5B177-A086-47A0-B102-097E4FA1F807}.102, hr = 8024E001 Near as I can fig...

Block some users from sending/receiving Internet email
We have just set up a new 2003 server with Exchange 2003 and imported mailboxes using exmerge. We want to limit which users can send and receive internet email. There are about 100 email accounts, but only 40 need to have Internet email access. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Create a group and add the users that shouldn't get internet email to the group. Add the group to your internet connector restrictions. Then read this http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/e2b98dfa-b919-4766-9724-19eb7f19d7cd.mspx?mfr=true "RogerL" <RogerL@discuss...

Commissions/Receipts query
Hi Everyone, I have a database that is storing commission structures (between these two dates, pay x % of revenue between y and z dollars to abc sales person), receipts from clients, client information, sales manager information, and sales division information. Currently tables are linked as follows: sales division to client (linked by sales division id) sales divisionn to sales manager (linked by sales division id) client to commission (linked by client id) client to receipts (linked by client id) commission to sales manager (linked by client id) ** note that sales managers can move betw...

Confirm before sending?
I have a client that accidentally sends e-mails before completing them on a regular basis. They would actually like confirmation before sending any e-mail. I found this reference for VB code but I don't know how to edit or apply it as I know NOTHING about VB - Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim intRes As Integer Dim strMsg As String strMsg = "Do you really want to send this message?" intRes = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, "Confirm Send ") If intRes = vbNo Then Cancel = True End If End Sub ...

Excel formula fails to execute; remains text
For some reason I have a cell that when I enter a formula, it does no give the result of the formula but just continues to show the equatio as if it were text. I'm careful to make sure the equal sign is i front of the equation. For example, in the attached jpeg screen capture I simply entered formula of "=D424" (no quotes) to show the contents of cell D424. Instead of giving me the value "23.00", it shows "=D424". The cel below performs just fine. Any insight as to what's causing the problem would be appreciated. Thanks, Cor -- Message posted from h...

Outlook Read Receipt cannot be sent and cannot be deleted
I replied to a read receipt request on an email account without an outgoing server. Now every time I check my email I get an error message. The read receipt is not in my outbox so I cannot delete it? Do you have any other means of accessing your mailbox besides Outlook (id est Outlook Web Access for Exchange Server, Web-mail access)? Most ISPs provide an alternate means of access ing your mailbox. You may be able to delete the errant message from there. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Ple...

Problem sending mail from 5.5 to 2003
Hi we have E2K3 and 5.5 in two different domains. We have configured the ADC and have migrated 1 mailbox from the 5.5 to the E2K3 box, this worked fine. We noticed that the mailbox was still listed in the 5.5 admin program, so we deleted it from there and then opened outlook 2003, thinking that it would be redirected to the mailbox on the new E2K3 server. This was not the case as Outlook was still looking to the 5.5 box. We then manually setup Outlook to the new E2K3 box and opened the mailbox OK. Now we cannot send mail to the 5.5 mailboxes from the E2K3 mailbox and the same from 5.5 t...

Sending mail problem
Hi there, when i try to send a mail from CRM gives me an error "Unspecified error" i installed Exchange server on the same machine and it's working ...

Immediate Outlook Help-Sending messages
Hello Everyone, My outlook was working fine until about 3 weeks ago when it decided to stop allowing me to send messages out. This actually happened before and I had to uninstall my operating system and re install to get it to work. Well, I really don't want to go through that again. Something appears to be blocking it's access. I can receive messages but, can not respond. I receive the following error message: Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact ...

Parameters keep repeating
I have created a graph report . When I ask for the report from the switchboard, I have to enter the date parameter associated with the query more than once. I have to also enter the day again before I print. And if I cancel. it prints a blank report. Is there a way I can view the report, enter the dates, and print without repeated requests. I have battle with this for months. I did try creating a form to associate with it and this still happens -- Thanks, Linda IMHO, parameter prompts in queries are not good user interface http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=6763. Consider creating...

Keep email on server after downloading to exchange
We have an exchange server Our email comes in via our web site host. It is automatiucally erased from our host when it comes through to our server. We want to leave the messages on the web host server for 7 - 14 days but cannot find out how to adjust this setting on our server. Please help! Hugh which version of exchange do you have "Hugh Janus" wrote: > We have an exchange server > > Our email comes in via our web site host. > It is automatiucally erased from our host when it comes through to our server. > > We want to leave the messages on the web host s...

Move confirm
How do I get Vista to not move file without confirmtion??? Have moved files by mistake! -- palm32 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ palm32's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/59496.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1336786.htm http://forums.techarena.in On Thu, 13 May 2010 13:15:03 -0500, palm32 <palm32.4awypb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote: > >How do I get Vista to not move file without confirmtion??? >Have moved files by mistake! How did you manage " by mistake " ? ...

CEICW FAILS
I need some help i have SBS2003 Exchange sp2 running and using smtp. It have work for several month but now all the incoming e-mail message are stuck in the Message waiting to be routed queue in a Active state. After one to three hours the email are delivered to the users inbox. outgoing mail are ok. And I have try to run CEICW and it fails at the email configuration. And I cant see any error in the icwlog.txt What can I do to fix this. Please help. Any ideas would be appreciated. /Thanks A lot ...

Help
Hello, I use Outlook 2007 and Windows XP sp3 in the last 2 months I have had to rebuild my Outlook Index 3 times. When the search function stopped working yet again... I did the following: 1. Delete unnecessary emails 2. Archive 3. Compact pst 4. Scan pst 5. Repair pst There was only 1 minor error about a file that was not in a folder - so a folder was created. So it doesn't appear my pst is corrupted. Why does this keep happening? I am in the process (yet again) of rebuilding) but want to know why this keeps happening? Many thanks! Hello, did you fin...

Not able to send email directly from CRM...
Using MS CRM 3.0 on SQL 2005. Email Router is installed on Exchange Server 2003. When I send an email from CRM, it goes to History record with Email ID however it is not actually transmitted to the recipient. We can however send the email through Outlook and track the email to CRM. Can anyone give a clue why we are not able to send email directly from CRM interface. We must be missing something. Can someone please help me in resolving this issue? We are not able to send email from CRM. Tia did you configure your SMTP settings when you did the crm install? Has email never worked or has...

Trying to move email from inbox to personal folder
In Outlook 2007, I am trying to move e-mails from my inbox to a personal folder. I get the error message, �Can�t move the items. The items could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied.� I have done this successfully before. Any suggestions? -- Stevevh1 "Stevevh1" <Stevevh1.42ab33e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Stevevh1.42ab33e@outlookbanter.com... > In Outlook 2007, I am trying to move e-mails from my inbox to a personal > folder. I get the error message, Cant move the items. The items could > not be moved. It w...

Recycle Bin confirm message
I have several W98SE machines. One of them operates normally but has been used for trial installs, and therefore had "moderate" registry cleaning. On this machine, Recycle Bin/Properties, the "show confirmation on delete" message is *unchecked*. But on this machine, I still get the confirm message. I want to stop the confirm message. Is there an area of the Registry to be examined for this? Or, how else to stop it? ms check Display delete Confirmation dialog box.... Apply ....Ok>>> Restart Now unchecked....... Apply..... Ok.......Restart it s...

Sending music in an Outlook 2000 or 2002 email
Is it possible to embed a music file in a message so that when the user opens the email, the music starts to play? Thanks ...

General guide to modifying receipts?
I am new to RMS and have just completed the upgrade from Quicksell. Everything has gone smoothly except for successfully modifying the receipt templates. I am having multiple issues regarding too much space between duplicate receipts and the last line of the footer printing on the first line of the header on the next receipt. I'm picking up tips here and there online regarding modifying receipt templates but does anyone know where a general and complete guide to modifying receipts is located? Thx for any suggestions you can throw my way. Michi, There are a number of receipts that ...