Configure email account to send only

Hi

I have intentionally setup one of my email addresses in OL 2010 for sending
only.

However to achieve this I have had to garble the incoming server details.
This generates a send/receive error in the status bar every time I
send/receive.

Is there anyway to prevent the error notification? As I have set it up this
way intentionally there is no fault but it wont allow me to leave the
incoming server details empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

I R

0
sorry (37)

Ian R wrote:

> I have intentionally setup one of my email addresses in OL 2010 for sending
> only.
>
> However to achieve this I have had to garble the incoming server details.

This is separate of creating a send-only account.  "Garbling" the
headers, whatever that means, has nothing to do with the accounts
defined within Outlook.

You'll have to explain why you have to mangle the e-mail in order to
make a "send-only account" because none of that is required in Outlook.

> This generates a send/receive error in the status bar every time I
> send/receive.

So is it during a send or during a receive when the error appears?  And
just WHAT does the error say?

> Is there anyway to prevent the error notification? As I have set it up this
> way intentionally there is no fault but it wont allow me to leave the
> incoming server details empty.

Don't know what version of Outlook you are using since you never
mentioned it.  If using Outlook 2002/2003, did you setup a send-only
account by using the following procedure?

- Tools->Send/Receive->Send/Receive Settings->Define Send/Receive Groups
- Select the send/receive group under which the account is included.
  o If you have never rearranged your accounts into separate groups,
    you'll only have the All Accounts group to select.
  o If you have defined more groups, it is possible an account may
    appear in more than one group.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the account under that group.
- You can separately configure whether that account will:
  o Be disabled (both send and receive are deselected).
  o Send only.    <-- THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT FOR SEND-ONLY ACCOUNT
  o Receive only.
  o Both send and receive.
0
V4521 (722)
8/21/2011 5:05:01 PM

"VanguardLH"  wrote in message news:j2rdqp$iha$1@news.albasani.net...

Ian R wrote:

> I have intentionally setup one of my email addresses in OL 2010 for
> sending
> only.
>
> However to achieve this I have had to garble the incoming server details.

This is separate of creating a send-only account.  "Garbling" the
headers, whatever that means, has nothing to do with the accounts
defined within Outlook.

You'll have to explain why you have to mangle the e-mail in order to
make a "send-only account" because none of that is required in Outlook.

> This generates a send/receive error in the status bar every time I
> send/receive.

So is it during a send or during a receive when the error appears?  And
just WHAT does the error say?

> Is there anyway to prevent the error notification? As I have set it up
> this
> way intentionally there is no fault but it wont allow me to leave the
> incoming server details empty.

Don't know what version of Outlook you are using since you never
mentioned it.  If using Outlook 2002/2003, did you setup a send-only
account by using the following procedure?

- Tools->Send/Receive->Send/Receive Settings->Define Send/Receive Groups
- Select the send/receive group under which the account is included.
  o If you have never rearranged your accounts into separate groups,
    you'll only have the All Accounts group to select.
  o If you have defined more groups, it is possible an account may
    appear in more than one group.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the account under that group.
- You can separately configure whether that account will:
  o Be disabled (both send and receive are deselected).
  o Send only.    <-- THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT FOR SEND-ONLY ACCOUNT
  o Receive only.
  o Both send and receive.

Hi Vanguard

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm using Outlook 2010 which you might have missed in the first line of my
message.

I cant seem to find any of the options you have referred to (for OL 2003).
This would make it easy to do and obvious but things have changed so much in
OL 2010 that I don't know if the same thing is possible.

To work around it I have simply left the "m" off the .com for the incoming
server so it cant login and this is what generates the "send/receive error"
notification with an exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle in the status
bar.  There is no option to leave the incoming server field blank

Maybe someone here knows how to set up a send only account in Outlook 2010.

Cheers

Ian

0
sorry (37)
8/21/2011 6:49:41 PM
After some extensive Googling I found the options I needed for Outlook 2010
here:

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/308

Hope this might be of use to someone.

Cheers.

Ian

0
sorry (37)
8/21/2011 6:57:26 PM
Ian R wrote:

> After some extensive Googling I found the options I needed for Outlook 2010
> here:
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/308
>
> Hope this might be of use to someone.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Ian

"You can open the Send/Receive Groups dialog by pressing the CTRL+ALT+S"

This is the keyboard shortcut (which I don't use and didn't check for
before replying).  This opens the "Send/Receive Groups" dialog that I
mention but without going through the menu navigation.  Yep, OL2010
changed the menus and became more wizard-like making it more difficult
to figure out where to find anything.  Somewhere in OL2010 there should
be a menu or wizard navigation to get to that same dialog as does the
shortcut.

http://www.addictivetips.com/microsoft-office/outlook-2010-sendreceive-overview/
(found in a Google search)

From the above, you start on the Send/Receive tab and then click on
Send/Receive Groups and select Define Send/Receive Groups.  So instead
of walking down through a menu, you click your way through the ribbon
bar.
0
V4521 (722)

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

what does the "send" button look like for sending emails?
what does the "send button look like for sending emails? I've created my document in publisher, now I want to email it. I get to the email create page and ready to send, but can't find the "send" button... What version of Publisher, Outlook and Outlook Express are you using? Which email client is set as your default email client? You can find out your default email client by going to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs Tab. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" ...

Error Massage of send & receive mail & calender
Hi, I`m a new user of Office outlook 2007. At first i add a live account but it can`t sign in my account, later i install outlook connector for live accoun but now when i push send & receive mail it show error. Server status : mail error & calender error. Please help me . What can i do now ? ...

Why email is double spaced
I just started using Outlook 2002 as my email client and MS Word as m text editor. When I compose and send email, it gets to the destinatio double spaced. Why is that? I'd apreciate some help in correcting this. Thank you ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is the message format set to HTML? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to m...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

Online searches for account info
I once had a trial version of MONEY that, as I installed the software, the program would go online and retreive account information for my utilities and credit cards, etc. I now have a MONEY 07 Plus but I don't seem to find that "retreive" command. Available on my 2007 PLUS? In microsoft.public.money, dcmy wrote: >I once had a trial version of MONEY that, as I installed the software, the >program would go online and retreive account information for my utilities and >credit cards, etc. I now have a MONEY 07 Plus but I don't seem to find that >"retre...

Sending group emails
I have been trying to send a group email of 50 and I cannot find where to click so all 50 email address don't show on each of the emails. I just want only one email to appear and the rest to be hidden. Please can someone help. Thank you "Adele" <Adele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC917291-8BFA-429E-8C23-BBFB8B252B22@microsoft.com... >I have been trying to send a group email of 50 and I cannot find where to > click so all 50 email address don't show on each of the emails. I just > want > only one email to appear and the rest to be ...

Can't send Yahoo email via Outlook 2003
Hi, for some reason my outgoing Yahoo email has not been going out. This just started in the last week. I installed Office 2003 about 10 days ago and the Yahoo acct was working fine. I do have the outgoing server set correctly according to the support page on Yahoo (http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-05.html)-- "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" is checked. Anyone have any ideas? -- ------------------------------- remove "smooth" from my address. hmc <ciaochou2.smooth@yahoo.smooth.com> wrote: > Hi, for some reason my outgoing Yahoo ...

Emailing Quotes, Orders and Invoices in Microsoft CRM 3.0
Currently, there is no way to send out Quotes, Orders and Invoices to customers through the Microsoft CRM 3.0 interface. This is a primary requirement for many customers as Sales persons need to email quotes to their leads and accounts. Is there a way this can be achieved? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

Trouble sending and deleting files every day!
I currently am using Outook Express with Windows ME and symantec anti-virus installed yet consistenly have problems when attempting to send or delete emails. I receive alot of spam emails which are deleted, then I find I cannot send emails (error indicates no socket problem) and/or cannot delete emails received...I have to shut down my system and reboot in order to send/delete. But this continues again. Anyone have any idea what might be the problem and how to correct it? Your help would be greatly appreciated as this drive me nuts, every day the same thing.....no viruses or worms show...

limit the size of imbound/outbound emails
We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and going outbound? Thanks AW Yes. See article Q322679: How to set limits for messages in Exchange Server. "SW" wrote: > We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and > going outbound? > > Thanks > > AW ...

Redirect an account
Hi I have a user who uses exchange only for the calendar so I need to make all the mail that gets to that account go to another address The first thing I tryed was to create a contact just like the other users I have in the same case However with this partiular user the contact does not work I have checked the email adresses he has and ht has an smtp address that does not exist He has a contact and the contact has the correct address does not seem to work because exchange keeps "intercepting" the mail I have tried this configuration may times and has always worked except with t...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

Email from Access
Hi I am trying to email from Microsoft Access. I email successfully but since the code loops I must press a yes button because Outlook is warning me that I am sending email from Access. Is there a way to shut this off? I would like to bulk email to many addresses and pressing the button each time is painful Thank Ray You cannot be to lazy and consider that your daily exercise. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Ray Searles <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am trying to email from Microsoft Access. I email successfully ...

Curious Email behavior
Hi all, I've got a question about how email sent from within CRM (version 1.2) should behave. If a CRM user, sends an email to a contact from within CRM, the email goes out and thats fine. The contact also gets the email, so thats good to. Know, when the contact replies to the email, the email is getting delivered to CRM user's Outlook inbox. Is this correct ? Should the reply end up in the CRM system somehow ? Or once an email is started, it all happens outside of CRM. I've been doing some digging in my configuration and the only thing I could find that seemed out of the o...

Problems migrating accounts between domains
Dear all, I'm trying to migrate mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 server to an Exchange 2003 server using the Exchange Server Migration Wizard. The machines are both domain controllers for different domains, but on the same network. There is a two-way trust established between the domains which I have verified. I've got to the stage where you select the mailboxes you wish to transfer, but the list is empty. I think I must be logged in properly because if I enter a false username/password I don't get to this stage. There are definitely accounts on the other machine as this is o...

disable an email address
Hi i have a user that will be out for the next 6 months. I disable his account in AD. How can i configure his account so he will not receive any email for the next 6 months thanks jac On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:38:46 -0400, "Jac" <support@ville.blainville.qc.ca> wrote: >Hi i have a user that will be out for the next 6 months. I disable his >account in AD. How can i configure his account so he will not receive any >email for the next 6 months > >thanks > >jac > Depends really. Disabling his account will mean that he can't actually receive a...

Outlook XP Doesn't Run Scheduled Send/Recieve
Hi! Running Outlook XP and for some reason the only way I can pull email is to manually hit the send/receive button. The option to check automatically is set for every 5 minutes, but nothing happens. Is there another setting somewhere I am missing? Thanks! Do you have "Send immediately when connected" active? What are your send/receive settings for each account? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading...

Email DomainA/Email DomainB
I have a recipent policy now (Default) that allows everyone to get a email addres user@abc.com and user@efg.com. I want to add another domain; xyz.com but only allow specific users to get those email addresses. The number of users is small enough that I could manually add the email to each user. According to a previous post, I could create a new policy for the new domain (so exchange allows the reciept of the email) and leave it blank, but I wonder if I leave the policy filter "blank", will it create email addresses for all the users automatically, or can I pick and choose b...

payroll posting Account setup in GP 7.5
WHich table contains the information displayed on 'payroll posting Account setup'? ...

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

How do I center an email being sent from Publisher?
I am trying to get the message to appear in the middle of the email message. It would be great if I could learn how to do a color border too. Why not compose your email as a publication? Center your message, draw a rectangle around the creation, give the line a color and send it to the back. Save the whole message as a .jpg and send. It will be an attachment. You also can convert the publication to a web page and send. If your recipient has HTML enabled in their mail program, the message will remain centered. A PDF will work too, like the .jpg option, it will arrive as an attachment. ...

Move emails to a folder rule (Time based)
Hi. I have a rule that moves some emails to a folder based on the senders email. I would like to have outlook move all emails form the folder to a second one that are older than seven days. Any ideas? Thanks. PS, how do you create a custom rule? Rules act on messages when they are received in the in-box or sent. Outlook has no way of going back to move items after they have been received. You could probably write a little VBA routine to do what you want - see http://www.outlookcode.com for some samples or repost in an Outlook programming group for some potential help. --...

Blank emails #6
well, i am running WinXP SP1a with Outlook Express 6. i've got all these emails in my inbox. and when i try to read them, they appear blank. i try forwarding them to another email account (hotmail). and when i view them on hotmails website. they appear blank as well. if i put my mouse over the area where the text of the email should be, the mouse has an "arrow with a stationery hourglass". the only way i was possibly able to fix this was to run this command in the start>run box i typed in "regsvr32 inetcomm.dll". this works, but if i turn the computer off...

Duplicate Account in Contacts
All of a sudden, I have duplicate accounts. One says "Contacts" & the other says "Contacts in Personal Folders". I'm not sure how this came about. How can I delete the latter, without using the former. -- Thank you in advance. Phil Depends on your Outlook version and in what view you see this. You provided no information. -- Russ Valentine "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message news:e7XzVg$7KHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > All of a sudden, I have duplicate accounts. One says "Contacts" & the > o...