Configuration Problem

I have set up a new e-mail account, and I keep getting a pop up message that
says enter name and password. I have entered, and re-entered, the
information, but it is  not responding, and I cannot receive emails. Help!!
0
Error (10)

Password error, you  wrote on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:19:01 -0800:

> I have set up a new e-mail account, and I keep getting a pop up message that
> says enter name and password. I have entered, and re-entered, the
> information, but it is  not responding, and I cannot receive emails. Help!!

Outlook and Windows version? See, if following does help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684/en

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MVP - MS Outlook
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
cg2706 (163)

strange delivery problem
hello, here following my scenario: - exchange organization with different sites in mixed mode - server exch2k3 with sp2 in DMZ zone (it acts as front-end server and collects external messages to deliver to the internal exchange server) - server exch2k2 with sp3 in TRUSTED zone (it acts as backup-server and keeps user mailboxes) problem: by enabling the journal option "archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" on the exchange server in the TRUSTED zone, the front-end server in DMZ zone can't deliver any message to the mailbox users and they ...

Exchange problems, problems to restart services
or close services. Have problems to use IE on server, it does correct address resoulution, but no page are displayed in the browser. I have following errors in the application log: Source: EXOLEDB Event ID; 114 Microsoft Exchange OLEDB has disabled the event binding due to the problems in the event sink. Binding ID = {C468C779-D07E-47B7-9E94- 938B17E8DCD6} You may need to contact the event sink author and get a fixed or updated copy. Source: EXOLEDB EventID: 108 Microsoft Exchange OLEDB was unable to either create an event sink object or get necessary interface(s) drom the sink cla...

Matching problem, trying again
I have this worksheet where I have items in the third column that match up with items from the second column corresponding to the tenth increment decimal numbers in the first column. In the example below, the first 3 numbers in the third column match up with numbers in the second column and the rest of the numbers are "0" up until you get to the next set of tenth decimal numbers starting with 2 in the first column. I need the fourth column to first list the matching numbers from both the second and third columns and then list the rest of the non-matching numbers from the second col...

attachement problem
When i drag and drop files to an email I am replying, outlook inserts the files inside the text window. I want outlook to attach them but show the attachments in the line below the receipint adress as usual. How to do this? I use outlook 07 exciter wrote: > When i drag and drop files to an email I am replying, outlook inserts > the files inside the text window. > I want outlook to attach them but show the attachments in the line below > the receipint adress as usual. > > How to do this? > > I use outlook 07 > Looks like you are using RTF format in those e...

OUTLOOK PROBLEMS #13
When I have outlook opened I right click on my calendar or another folder and choose the option to "Open in a new window" the window pops up very small. Need Help!!!!!!!! Paris Underwood wrote: > When I have outlook opened I right click on my calendar or another folder > and choose the option to "Open in a new window" the window pops up very > small. Need Help!!!!!!!! Have you tried dragging the window to the correct size? (Do NOT use the "maximise" function....) -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co....

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

Dcount problem
I need a Dcount total. =DCount("LastName","[tblPositions]","LastName") Gives me the total records but it counts the nulls too. I read on google that Dcount does not count nulls. However, my Dcount is counting nulls. How do I count only the Is not Null records? =DCount("LastName","[tblPositions]","LastName = is not null") This gives me error. Jay wrote: > I need a Dcount total. > > > =DCount("LastName","[tblPositions]","LastName") > Gives me the total records but it counts the nulls...

XmlReader problem with XML Fragment

Problem automating outlook
Hi I am using the following code to automate outlook from within MS Access; Dim O As Object O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") The problem is that I am getting the following error on the second line; Automation error The specified module can not be found What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Dim O As Object Set O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Regards Mark Dormer "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:eFs9QqIUGHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using the following code to...

No Fix as yet to password problem in outlook 2003
I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has come up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying that they are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to do. Now, as you know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and still have had no joy, so what do I do? Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would reset everything or is it more complicated? I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open my outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and password to be saved (befo...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

Access 97 to Access 2000 and Switchboard Problems
I inherited a databse that was originally an Access 97 databse. Recently oit was converted to Access 2000. No one here is an Access program and my primary function is a hardware person, not a programmer. The databse has a piece under forms called Switchboard. Reportedly, it was a functioning menu unfer the previous version. Now, when we run the form, we are getting an error that says "Compile error: User-defined type not defined". In debug, this is the appicable portion of code it stops on: .. .. Private Sub FillOptions() ' Fill in the options for this switchboard page. &#...

Problem with Word^
Hi, I am working on an iBook 800 and have a problem with the visibility of the signs that show you there is a blank between the words. This signs that show you a carriage return for example. I am talking about that thing that looks like a mirrored p. When you activate it, it shows you all the things that go together with the text, not the content in article 1g137o1.wpb73j1ozft8eN%einie@mac.com, Alexander Weidemann at einie@mac.com wrote on 9/10/03 2:40 PM: > Hi, I am working on an iBook 800 and have a problem with the visibility > of the signs that show you there is a blank between th...

A problem about CHtmlView::Navigate2
I found if I call the CHtmlView::Navigate2 very quickly, it will hang the process. I made a tiny MDI application to verify this problem. The CTestHVViewis derived from CHtmlView. In the application, I created a timer on CTestHVView::OnInitialUpdate, and call Navigate2 to a xml file in the OnTimer function. The application will will hang. From the call stack, it is hanged in msxml3.dll. Here is some codes for reference: class CTestHVView : public CHtmlView { .... protected: vector<CString> m_vctFullPath; vector<CString>::iterator m_curIter; .... }; void CTestHVView::OnI...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

problem with ftp in publisher
since downloading office 2003 updates the ftp add/modify locations has been disabled. sole user, so no security issues. cannot upload website directly from publisher. how do I enable this feature again? ...

Many Problems...
I don't know what else to do... First: >>I've installed Microsoft CRM 3 on a server and the Web Client works fine. But, while installing the laptop client, it can't connect to the server!!! I've already added the site to the Trusted Sites List, but the problem still remains... Second: >>I can't use the Workflow Manager 'cause the same reason before. It doesn't connect. Third: >>When I go install Desktop client, it doesn't detect that my Outlook version is 2003 SP1!!!! It doesn't install either!! So many problems, I would like an answer ...

Merged Cells and Copying Problems
Hi, Has anyone got a way of finding merged cells in a spreadsheet and restoring them to normal cells? When I try to copy part of the spreadsheet into another spreadsheet I get an error message about merged cells and the destination being the same shape. Tried running the cursor down the columns to find merged cells (they show up as a different width) but with no result. Maybe some formula that looks for merged cells? Thanks for your help. Paul Hi one (lazy) way: - select the entire spreadsheet / or the rows/columns of interest - goto 'Format - Cells - alignment' and uncheck &#...

CTE with XML problem
Hi there, I'm using SQL Server 2008 and I have a Patient table with name, address and Zipcode column that have 5 digints 10 digits and null value so I wrote somting like that WITH cte1 AS ( select uid, (Left(ufname,1)+' '+Left(ulname,1)) as FullName, zipcode, (case when len(zipcode)=5 then zipcode end) as zip5, (case when len(zipcode)=10 then zipcode end) as zip10, (case zipcode when '' then null else '' end) as zipNull from dbo.Patient_Registration ),zip5 AS ( sel...

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

How to create Release mode configure
Hi all, i am building a project, but i removed default Release configure, and now i try to use Debug config to copy to Release and then change something NDEBUG, Debug info is none, uncheck Generate Debug info any one can help me do this so that i dn't need to create new project again? Turn on optimizations. Do NOT turn off "Generate debug info"; it was a fundamental design error in VS to turn this off. You will need it to read crash dumps coming back from the field. Turn off the various runtime checks. Select the libraries to be the MultiThreaded DLL or for static lin...

Problem after setting up account
I have set up my account in Outlook with the same settings that I use with OE6. When I did the test for the settings it came back with 'it could not connect to the Internet or Network'. Any ideas where I have gone wrong. I am on broadband with a wireless router, I am trying to connect via my laptop which is using the wireless card. Thanks. Lynn "Lynn W" <lynn.williamson@btForeverRedinternet.com> wrote in message news:%23kPeQTn%23GHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have set up my account in Outlook with the same settings that I >use with OE6. When I d...

problem with a formula
good day all, i have this formual in cell a1 =sumif(r2:r25,"steve",x2:x25) cells r2:r25 have a data drop down list that i choose the names from.i have to remove the validation to make the formual work.is there a way to make this work using the validation list? any input is appreciated. thx wynb -- wynb Hi! That should work. There has to be a problem with your list source. Is the source a range of cells? Check those cells for unseen characters like extra spaces. Try this: Select "steve" from the drop down. Then enter this formula somewhere: =LEN(A1) Should ret...

migration problem #2
Hi all I recently migrated from Exchagne 2000 to 2003. The exchagne 2003 server is a new server. I know i replicated all the systems fodlers from the 2000 server to the 2003 server, and things have been running fine for about a month. Now when i create a new user in AD, and mailbox, I cant see thsi user in the global address list, but i can see the user in the all users list. When looking at the systems fodlers in the exchagne 2003 server, I still see folders that point to the old server, and when creating a new mailbox in AD the server still points to the old server, that i took down. Exampl...

configuration
Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure Publisher - how do I stop this? What version Publisher? You receive a "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Pro" error message when you upgrade to Office 2003 or Office 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825941/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BG" <BG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81BB44C-05D4-4435-BCED-9DA45DACCB96@microsoft.com... > Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure...