Composing Messages

Everytime you compose a new message, Outlook defaults on
Web Layout View.  Is there any way to make it so it will
default to Normal View.

With Web Layout view the lines go until the end of the
page.  I'm trying to type emails the same way as it will
print.  I'm open to any trying anything you guys
suggest.  Using Outlook 2003 with Word as Email Editor.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Renato
0
reni2000 (2)

Data Validation Input message position
A workbook I've created has quite a few Data Validations. By accident I found out that when the input message is showing, you can use the mouse to shift it to wherever you want on the sheet. Once that is done, all other data validation messages will appear in that same spot (which is not always a bad thing) BUT..... The messages will no longer be shown in their default position (next to or near the active cell that causes the validation input to appear). Is there a way to restore that default setting? Rob AFAIK, once the input message has been moved, you can't reset it to its ori...

messages are not being sent out
Just got this working and messages are coming in fine, but are not going out (They are held in the Outbox without ever leaving....) What do I need to do? Simple terms please :) ---Barb Did you check your ISP website to verify you had the outgoing (SMTP) mail server settings correctly configured? Incoming mail = POP3. Outgoing mail = SMTP. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "new2this" wrote: > Just got this working and messages are coming in fine, but are not going out > (They are held in the Outbox wit...

message scheduled to retry categorization
windows server 2003 sp1 exchanger 2003 sp2 i have an exchange server setup to receive internet mail and then forward it to my backend servers. this setup has been in place for several years. today i received a complaint that a message had been delayed by half a day. when i used message tracking if found that my front end box received the message at 12:07pm but it did not reach the recipient's mailbox until 7:02pm. in message tracking each hour the message was "scheduled to retry categorization" which finally succeeded at 7. i believe that my next step is to crank up ...

Set Recurring Message?
Is there a way to set up an automatically recurring message? We'd like to send a reminder every two weeks to all supervisors that timesheets are due. I tried using a recurring Task, but that does not send out a recurring reminder. Thank you. You can do this with an add-in From Sperry Software http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Schedule-Recurring-Email.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount From MAPILab http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/email_scheduler/ If you decide to order use "4PM76A8" to get a discount -- Robert Sparnaaij [...

Removing mail recived confirmation message
how to remove a recived mail confirmation message to outside incoming e-mail ...

help on composing an aging report for transactions
hello all, I am new to SSRS. I need some help on how to create an aging report in ssrs. This is what my report should look like: Month identify $ $closed $Recovered $Open 0-30day 31-60day Jan 2009 $$$ $$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ I am having trouble on the days column. My user want these fields to contains the total $$ amt that was recovered in 0 - 30days and 31 - 60 days. how to do that? Please help.... Sherry From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_0_0_0_0_0/sql-...

Make messages email or word auto go to a contact when created from a contact
When I type a message to a contact using contacts how do I make the message apprear in notes or part of the contact with out copy paste Select the "Activities" tab of the Contact. Specify your issue if this is not what you mean. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my ...

error message messaging inerface has returned an unknown error
how do i remove the error message "messaging interface has t=returned an unknown error" from oganinze window. restatring outlook does not help. ...

"Resend this Message" troubles
Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003 Hello, I have a user that runs into this error ONLY when trying to use Outlooks "Resend this message" function under the Actions menu (while viewing a SENT message). He has no problems at all sending an e-mail to the same people if he creates a new message and enters the same recipients. ONLY when trying to resend an existing message. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Various easements Sent: 5/6/2005 12:13 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxx@xyz-partners.com on 5/6/2...

Warning Message #3
I just recently upgraded my Outlook XP to SP3. Now no matter what I do I get this warning window which tells me " A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'NO'" If I choose no I can continue with what I was doing, If I choose yes, them I am prompted to tell Outlook for how long I want to allow access for. Once I select a time I am able to continue with what I was doing See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for informatio...

Closedown message
When closing down Money I get message "Operation cannot be performed". I've tried uninstalling and re-installing as suggested by Microsoft - but it's still there. Why? Help!! I'd be inclined to think it is a problem with your file, rather than the installation of Money. So, try a repair on it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;182608 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.mi...

How display show FROM address when composing EMAIL?
How can I display the FROM address when COMPOSING an email? I have several accounts from which to send and rather not use profiles. I know I can click on the ACCOUNT tab and select the account but wonder if there is another way to show/change the FROM address with a drop down box or so in Outlook 2003. Thanks Patty <pattyjamas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1172506127.050614.303410@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > How can I display the FROM address when COMPOSING an email? I have > several accounts from which to send and rather not use profiles. I > know I can click on ...

Composing emails
Sometimes, when composing an email the screen goes blank, and I lose what I have written. What can I do to prevent this from happening? "jacarole" <jacarole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:754D4926-6A07-47E3-97A8-C72F6A2A8F74@microsoft.com... > [X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000] > Sometimes, when composing an email the screen goes blank, and I lose what > I > have written. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Turn off your screensaver? Type faster? BTW why do you lose what you have written? Do a pe...

Disturbing security message on a website
Win XP Home SP3 IE6 I was looking for some info on the web about display screens and on one of the sites I visited a small box appeared showing my IP address, ISP name and what browser I was using. Beneath the box was a web address for danasoft.com. I have run quick scans with Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware and nothing was reported. but should I be worried about a security breach? Kate Hi Kate, No. Every site you visit will know that information about your computer and which browser it is using, and your ISP. (There are exceptions.. All AOL users have the same IP add...

Slow to retrieve messages
Windows mail is very slow to retrieve messages and sometimes I am unable to get mail because it times out. I do not have a memory or space problem. Message could not be displayed Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Mail -- Patty Dallaire pattydallaire@gmail.com Your antivirus software could be interfering. See point 3 here: = www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 ...

mcrosoft exchange servier error message
Outlook 2004 Windows 2000 OS Sends regular emails without problem, but when sending an attachment gets message "accessing Microsoft Exchange server" - keeps trying to access and then won't send attachment. I have refomatted hard drive, reinstalled all software, checked nic card, checked cabling. Only does it at this point of connection, other computers with her account work fine. This computer sends attachments without a problem at other points. Other accounts on her computer do the same thing. WEIRD - HELP ...

New Message
When I'm typing a new message it just keeps going and going to the right unless I press enter for a new line. When it is received they have to scroll to see these long lines. How do I get it to break naturally. There must be an option that I can't locate. -- lj "lj" <lj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C76198D5-E5FF-4497-AAC5-AB5034A51452@microsoft.com... > > When I'm typing a new message it just keeps going and going to the right > unless I press enter for a new line. When it is received they have to > scroll >...

How can my program scan all email messages?
My (C++ MFC) program needs to be able to scan all email messages found in Outlook and/or Outlook Express and provide the user with information about them. I need to know, for each email message, basic information like date/time, sender, text, subject, and then I need access to any attachments. I will not be sending any messages, receiving any messages, scanning the contact list, etc. I've seen a lot of different ways for programs to communicate with Outlook and Outlook Express (MAPI, Extended MAPI, etc.) but nothing that really summarizes which approaches work for which versions o...

Disabling the "Track in CRM" feature when composing E-mails.
I installed the CRM3.0 client on my machine yesterday to work with our corporate version of CRM. However, every time I compose, reply, forward, respond to e-mails, it is automatically getting "tracked in CRM". I do NOT want this for every e-mail, so how do I turn it off??? I looked everywhere, and I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! In the web client click tools > options, then select the tab activities. At the bottom you can select which message to track all or only those with a tracking token. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer A...

Intelligent Message Filte archive
HI, I have turned on the Intelligent message filter to archive Spam messages. Is there an easier way to read the contents that having to open each archived message one at a time. It is cathing a lot of the spamed message but since this is new to me, I wanted to be able to check the messages to make sure no "Real: Messages are being caught. I guess I wish there was a quick preview or something like that. Thankls David On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:02:17 -0500, David wrote: > HI, I have turned on the Intelligent message filter to archive Spam > messages. Is there an easier way to rea...

How can I display a message when opening an Excel File?
I would like to have a disclaimer message pop up when someone opens one of my spreadsheets. Is that possible? If so, how? Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'your code here End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'select View Code from the menu, and paste the code -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "PeterM" <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEE7773D-A5F2-4AC6-BF32-9607D2...

Messaging #2
Hi, I am getting used to this messaging. I have been doing processing in the Dialog, which I have found to be a bad idea. I am changing things around a bit. I don't know if I am doing messaging correctly, or if there is a better way. // In Some Dialog, if I want to send a message to a View to do some processing, // I post a Message to the MainFrame. void SomePage::OnBtnDoSomething() { GetTopLevelFrame()->PostMessage(MSG_CMAINFRAME, MSG_CSOMEVIEW, ID_DOSOMETHING); } // Currently, in the Main Frame, I have a generic Message Handler // That relays the messages to the Children by &...

Outlook 2002 "Not responding" while creating a new message
I have MSOffice xp on MS xp Home version. I am having Outlook 2002 go into the "Not responding". When I go to Crash Analysis It states/suggests that I update. When I check updates there are none because I am up to date already. I am on a POP3 dial up account with a.net ISP popping my mail to Outlook 2002 from a mail.xxxx.com which is supported by a mail hosting company. I would like to add that the .net is still active when this occurs. When it occurs I am in Outlook opening various folders, some with attachments for reference while creating/composing a new message. I am w...

Error Message Required
Hi Product Team, when a user with no role or with a role which has access just to the settings area is trying to load the outlook client, outlook hangs. I believe there should be an error message stating that the user has no required persmissions to access rather than crashing the outlook. also the role which has jsut access to the system settings was customized from an existing role - but still it fails to load. Is this a bug or a feature missing? -- Kamala Ramesh Dynamics CRM Consultant ...

How to change the default view of an e-mail message to "web layout" when I reply to messages? The default view is Normal now. The text uses left one third of the screen only.
Hello How to change the default view of an e-mail message to "web layout" when I reply to messages? The default view is Normal now. The text uses left one third of the screen only. ...