Completed Tasks in Task View

In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by
Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted
by due date, even the completed tasks.  However, I don't
want the completed tasks to show in this screen.  How can
I hide them?

Thanks,

Terry B.
0
anonymous (74727)

Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you
can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In news:069601c3a5ae$10ac84a0$a401280a@phx.gbl,
Terry B. wrote:

> In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by
> Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted
> by due date, even the completed tasks.  However, I don't
> want the completed tasks to show in this screen.  How can
> I hide them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terry B.

CFileDialog -- auto completion issue
I'm using an extended CFileDialog (provides Win2k dialog support) and all is working fine, but I had one minor tweak question. If I have the files: c:\temp\test.xml c:\temp\test.txt And I specify that the dialog is only looking for .xml files, when a user types into the file name field "test", the auto-complete dropdown lists suggests both possibilities. I'd like for it only to suggest the .xml file since that's what the dialog's filter is set to. This works in Office 2000, but with any other app that uses the dialog, you'll get the multiple "incorrect&quo...

Doc/View background
Hi, I'm working with Visual Studio, SDI doc/View Architecture. I would like the client area to appears as if were the background of a dialog box, beeig the same color as the toolbar, so if you open the program for the first time, one could not note the difference between the tool bar and the client area. I tried to change the background color of the client area to the default RGB(192,192,192), but it looks different from the toolbar. Changing the architecture to a Dialog Based application is not an option. Any ideas? thanks in advance Martin wrote: > Hi, I'm working with Visual S...

Auto Complete
I have a user that has the auto complete flag set but when he restarts his machine he has to start all over. Nothing is retained from the day before. I've looked everywhere I know to look. Any ideas? Steve You have? Search this group then. This problem has been posted countless times. It usually means a corrupt Outlook profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "GSP@DCS" <info@dcs.com> wrote in message news:2d836$45184a6c$d1a8fa82$5760@EDELTACOM.COM... >I have a user that has the auto complete flag set but when he restarts his >machine he has to start all ove...

Multiple dialogs in a view
Hi, VCC+ 6.0 I desire to create a small dialog and then populate a view with an array of this dialog. If array of dialogs extended outside of the view, I wanted scroll bars to appear. I thought that CFormView with a splitter window was somehow the way to go on this but I am having trouble. Any one know the most efficient way to accomplish this. I'm just looking for a general direction, not any details, I can dig that up. Thanks so much in advance. On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:59:42 -0500, Bob wrote: > Hi, > > VCC+ 6.0 > > I desire to create a small dialog and then ...

RMS 3.0 Sales by month in form view
I would like to see a 13 or 24 month history of sales broken out by month, JAN, FEB, MARCH etc as a tab on the item properties screen. That way I can easily view the movment of an items sales w/o running a report. Then it would be great to be able to run a report that would list an item in a row w/ the sales qty for each month as columns across the page. There are many systems that do this. Mark Richter Stony Creek Computer Services www.stonycreekcomputerservices.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes...

Completely Stumped
Some kind souls help is requested to make my worksheet more user friendly: 1) When data is filled in across cell range B14 � R14 and I then press �enter�.... a new row is automatically inserted either above or below. 2) The new row would retain the formulas in the cells just copied, but none of the calculations or text. I am using using the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Dim lastrow As Long lastrow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row Rows(lastrow).AutoFill Rows(lastrow).Resize(2), xlFillDefault Rows...

Calendar two-column weekly view not present in Outlook 2007?
I read posts here that the two column weekly view of the calendar is gone as of Outlook 2007. Can anyone confirm? Why can I have the same view if I go to File - Print and select weekly, but not view on the screen? Makes me think it's in there somewhere and I'm missing it. Thanks. It's gone. The new overlay format did it in. If you need a view with large cells, see http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/2wk_cal/2wk_cal.htm If a week view comes back in the next version it will be something like the view in the video above. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself ...

Auto Complete list has been deleted somehow anyone know how to fix??
I have hundreds of emails in auto complete and today when I tried to use it they were all gone. This happened to me about 3 years ago and I never was able to find out why. Can anyone help me please.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com mike long wrote: > I have hundreds of emails in auto complete and today when I tried to ... <gatewayed post was truncated to illustrate lack of proper line wrap> The autocomplete cache is in the nickname file (.nk2). Do you still have a ..nk2 file? If it is gone or corrupted, restore it from your backups. http://support.mi...

RE: Understanding Project's Percent Complete vs. Percent Work Complete
Brian Kennemer wrote the subject-line article several years ago and was very informative/enlightening on how % Complete is computed, etc. However, in this article he showed a Microsoft Project view (Figure A) that had both "Work" and "Actual Work" rows in the detail lines for each resources on a specific task. Where can I find this view. I do need to enter actual hours worked per resource per day on their respective task thanks, David Hamil MaxVision 256-652-4322 David@MaxVision.com Perhaps what you seek is on the resource view or task usage view. Bot...

Auto Complete Category
Hi All. I'm having an issue with Money Plus. When I download my statement, the information that come is: MEMO (i believe this should be the payee and it is going to the wrong place) date and amount. As the information is saved as MEMO and not PAyee, Money doesn't learn to auto complete thye categories according to previous transactions. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? In microsoft.public.money, Mozinha wrote: >Hi All. I'm having an issue with Money Plus. When I download my >statement, the information that come is: MEMO (i believe this should >be the payee and i...

outlook contact view
Normally while viewing inbox window in the left hand lower area I have a contacts list. Somehow it got deleted from view and I cannot find where to open it again. thanks for the help You must be using Outlook Express, as Outlook does not have this option. In Outlook Express, go to View | Layout and check the Contacts box. For future reference, please note that this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as...

Uninstall Mendeley completely
Dear Folks, I have accidentally installed Mendeley, which turned out to be a big mistake. I uninstalled it several times after closing all other programs, but now it still appears as "Add-Ins" in office 2007 (including word, excel, etc). It also interferes with Endnote x2. This is a huge problem for me now and please help. -CW -- restlessHK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ restlessHK's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162019.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1279777.htm ht...

IE error when viewing reports
Hello. I recently fixed out Reporting Services configuration so that the Reports are now available within CRM, but now when I try to run one, I get one of 2 the Internet Explorer errors of: 1 - Line: 412 Char: 2 Error: 'ClientControllerReportViewerControl' is null or not an object 2 - Line: 262 Char:1 Error: 'HoverImageReportViewerControl_ctl01_ctl01_ctl01_ctl01' is null or not an object Any ideas on how to fix this so I can actually run reports? Any help is appreciated. Both of the controls mentioned are part of the SQL Reporting Services Report Viewer control. F...

"too many crosstab column headers" error
running access 2k; I have a query that uses a crosstab query as one of the tables in this query. I cannot even open this query in DESIGN view without getting the too many xtab header error!?!?! how the bloody you know what could I possibly get an error like this while trying to open a query in design mode?!?!? FORGET the fact, that the xtab query absolutely does NOT exceed 255 columns!!!! TIA - Bob Bob, it sounds like something has gone wrong with this query, so here's a way to try to rescue it: 1. Uncheck the boxes under: Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect In Access ...

Folder view #2
In Outlook 2003 whenever you click on contacts you have to hit Ctrl 6 to get an expanded folder view. Is there any way to get Outlook to always show the folder view expanded? John -- Note New Main Email address: John@DiscoveryOffice.com mailto:John@DiscoveryOffice.com ------- Sender: John P. Chambers Business: Discovery Center, Inc. Hm. Ph. (713) 465-4209 Bus. Ph.: (713) 963-0043 Texas Licenses: Fax Ph.: 713-465- 6069 LCSW, LMFT, 7505 Highmeadow LPC Houston, Texas 77063 http://www.DiscoveryOffice.co...

Excel won't completely open
When I click on an Excel document it will start to open but stops at a grey screen. Only a few toolbar commands are selectable, all others are grey and not accesible. I need to go to file to open the correct document. This is frustating as I have several document in Excel and this is also confusing when I email it to someone else. Please help if you think you can. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows...

View Sent / Recieved Emails
Hi, I'm wondering is its possible to view a users incomming and outgoing emails... I know its possible with monitoring to show how many emails were sent and received but not who they were to... I know you can view received emails by adding another user to the "Deliver To" section, but is there any way else? Thanks you could enable journalling on their message store, but this will capture all messages sent by users on that store. you could also enable message tracking on all of your exchange servers and then you could query the message tracking logs to see who they sen...

a rather odd problem with the tasks folder
We're running a combination mail/terminal server running exchange 2k. All of the clients are outlook 2k. If you create a new task and insert an item (Insert->Item in outlook) from a puiblic list of contacts then wait untill monday, the link to the contact has polymorphed into a *.bmp file which looks like the icon as it was on friday. I realy haven't got a clue wether this is the server or the client, but it is annoying. Any help would be appreciated. -Royce ...

List of application like Task Manager
Hi, I need to have list of application like Task Manager have. I have tried enumWindows function but it gives every window available. is there any way to eliminate the unnecessary windows. or there is another way to do this? Thanks Anup >I need to have list of application like Task Manager have. > >I have tried enumWindows function but it gives every window available. > >is there any way to eliminate the unnecessary windows. or there is >another way to do this? Anup, Filter the results by eliminating windows that aren't visible (use IsWindowVisible). Dave Hi d...

2007 Structured Reference auto-completion not working completely?
In Excel 2007, when I: 1) Select a cell 2) Type "=" in the formula bar 3) Click a cell in a Table I thought Excel would add a Structured Reference to the formula. Instead, it just inserts an old-style, "A1" reference. The "Formula AutoComplete" and "Use table names in formulas" options are both turned on. When I click the cell in step 3, the TableTools tab appears so Excel agrees that the cell is in a Table. Isn't Excel supposed to insert a Structured Reference when you click a cell in a Table? Is there another setup/configuration switc...

View formulas after applying Digital Signature.
I have a colleague that needs to add a digital signature to an excel document. However, after applying the logic for the formulas is no longer visible. How can we show them, but still add a signature? Thanks, Dave I don't understand what you are saying. A digital signature is added to a workbook in order to suppress any macro warnings. How this would affect viewing formulas is not clear. Can you be a bit more precise with your description? Excel version, sample formulas that cannot be viewed and where are they located. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:45:09 ...

Forms completion
Here is a question for you, we have a pretty simple database to gather comments and suggestions from users for improvement on things around our office, It is a form entry, a suggestion that was given is when users want to enter multiple suggestions they are having to re-enter the header section of the form (Basics of name and contact information) repeatedly, is there a code or work around where that will replicate for the user if they click the add new record after they enter the first entry? Are you storing this information in every row of the table? The way it should work is, when the...

Viewing all contents of a Task
Outlook 2003 If I have a Task open, where is the menu item which would allow me to view the contents of all the task fields as a list. For messages, there is an All Fields tab (All Contact Fields), but when you are looking at an open Task, there does not appear to be a way to view all the task contents. Thank you for the feedback. A better way to do this would be to look at a table view of your Tasks folder, such as By Category, then use the Field Chooser and choose "All Task Fields" to see the full list of fields available. Of course, even if you add one of the fields ...

Outlook 2003 folder / view settings
Does anyone know of a way to copy the formatting & display features of a given folder to another existing folder? For example - let's assume that I have a folder with a given number of fields displayed such as... * Importance * Attachment * From * Subject * Received * Size * Flag Status Lest's also assume that I have taken the time to alter the column formats such as width, alignment, etc. Is there any way to essentially copy these settings to another existing folder? Thanks for your assistance... Rich Gory <rgory@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a w...

Windows update is not completely successful Error Code: 0x64C
Cannot find a solution anywhere. No such error code in any of the help screens. It is now showing Error Code: 0x8007064C. Still cannot find this discussed anywhere. "John with RadioWorks" wrote: > Cannot find a solution anywhere. No such error code in any of the help screens. "John with RadioWorks" <JohnwithRadioWorks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016D3C6E-B2BE-49CC-8678-580B6E169903@microsoft.com... > It is now showing Error Code: 0x8007064C. Still cannot find this discussed > anywhere. > > "John with RadioWo...