Complete RSS in Outlook?

I would like to use Outlook 2010 as a RSS reader.
Now I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird. The feature that I miss in Outlook is
the automatic complete viewing of the RSS articles. On Thunderbird I can
click on the title of a RSS feed to obtain on the reading window a
complete view of the article. In Outlook this is possible only after a
second click on the HTML link of the article, so that a new window of
the browser opens, containing the complete article; otherwise I can see
only a synthesis. This happens even if the automatic download of artcles
and pictures is enabled in the options of Outlook regarding security and
protection.

Does anybody know a way to view automatically complete RSS in Outlook by
a single click on the title?

unfortunately, you can't change how it works. (It's really not a very
good RSS reader for serious RSS users.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 6/7/2011 12:42 PM, Colui il quale wrote:
> I would like to use Outlook 2010 as a RSS reader.
> Now I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird. The feature that I miss in Outlook is
> the automatic complete viewing of the RSS articles. On Thunderbird I can
> click on the title of a RSS feed to obtain on the reading window a
> complete view of the article. In Outlook this is possible only after a
> second click on the HTML link of the article, so that a new window of
> the browser opens, containing the complete article; otherwise I can see
> only a synthesis. This happens even if the automatic download of artcles
> and pictures is enabled in the options of Outlook regarding security and
> protection.
>
> Does anybody know a way to view automatically complete RSS in Outlook by
> a single click on the title?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting
Hello I have CRM 4 + RU7 on server; CRM 4 + RU5 + Office 2007 SP2 + Win 7; I try to upgrade Outlook Client to RU7 but after success install it do not start in Outlook with error : The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80131534. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=671. How to solve this problem ? B.I. "B.I." wrote: > Hello > > I have CRM 4 + RU7 on server; > CRM 4 + RU5 + Office 2007 SP2 + Win 7; > > I try to upgrade Outlook Client to RU7 but a...

a fatal error has occured in outlook. the data in your envelope has been lost, but your document is still available
a fatal error has occured in outlook. the data in your envelope has been lost, but your document is still available. Ummm WTH? What version of Outlook? What type of email account? Are there any other error messages and/or numbers? Are there any Office-related error entries in the Application Event Viewer? Are you able to send/receive email? Can you open email? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "brianwatson81@gmail.com" wrote: > a fatal error has occured in outlook. the data in your envelope has...

Printing Error for HTML Messages Outlook 2003
Running Outlook 2003 and anytime i try to invoke the Print dialog with an HTML email message, i get a Runtime error (Line 638). Additionally, choosing the Page Setup dialog causes Error 19: Object doesn't support this property or method. I've tried Detect and Repair as well as uninstalling/ reinstalling the software. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks, Shane Go to http://forums.devshed.com/t133545/s.html and look at post no 4. Solved my problem "Shane Hofeldt" wrote: > Running Outlook 2003 and anytime i try to invoke the > Print dialog with a...

Is Outlook better than Outlook Express ?
Is Outlook better than Outlook Express ? A friend told me the above. If I were to switch from OE to Outlook, how can I import all my emails etc. from OE to Outlook ? Can anyone pls. help me. I have a Windows ME machine I am NOT TECHNICAL so pls. explain in detail. Thanks Lynn Lynn Masters wrote: > Is Outlook better than Outlook Express ? Not better, different. Only change if there is a feature in Outlook that you want that is not in OE. > > A friend told me the above. > > If I were to switch from OE to Outlook, how can I import all my emails etc. > from OE to ...

Outlook 2003 and XP weird situation...
Hi, My Outlook 2003 has been working fine. Yesterday I go out for a while and when I came back to the computer on the screen is the " ...encountered a problem and needs to close ..." error box. Computer was fine when I left it. I close it and that's it, my Outlook will not come up anymore without the error and I have to close it. What I have tried: 1) Safe Mode does the same thing. 2) Deleted outcmd.dat and extend.dat. 3) Created a new profile. 4) Created and new profile and did not use my current .pst file. 5) Tried to repair/install from Office disk, but that also tells m...

Upgrading outlook #2
Can you upgrade Outlook 97 to Outlook 2000 and have word 97 remain the editor program? No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Milt asked: | Can you upgrade Outlook 97 to Outlook 2000 and have word | 97 remain the editor program? ...

How to setup internet mail only in outlook 2000
I would like to know how to setup internet email only in outlook 2000? I am not using exchange sever. Thanks Howard add an internet mail account :) go to control panel, mail applet to set up the profile and add an internet account. -- "Howard Campbell" <campbellhoward@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a8101c35dbb$9a243ec0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to know how to setup internet email only in > outlook 2000? I am not using exchange sever. > > Thanks > > Howard ...

Outlook takes eons to start up....
have a win98 pc running outlook2000 that is connected to an exchange 5.5 server, and am having this problem: each time outlook is started, the splash screen displays for about 1 minute, then the hourglass displays for about 1 minute, and then finally outlook displays the exchange 5.5 mailbox. I tried reinstalling the tcp/ip stack, but the problem has continued. Thanks for advice on how to resolve this snafu. wayne Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen ...

Outlook 03 / Custom Forms
Just upgraded to '03. Have used a custom contact form in Outlook 00 and XP successfully. When trying to open a contact based on this form, Outlook 03 says "This custom form could not be opened. Will use an Outlook form instead. Contact system admin." If I go to the forms library and try to open my custom form I get a similar message. But guess what this behavior is inconstant. Other times the custom forms are no problem. What give? Have you tried clearing the forms cache? Are you using the form in an Exchange public folder? There is a bug in Outlook 2003 with public fo...

switching fr Outlook Express to Outlook
How can I switch from Outlook Express to Outlook? Also: How can I receive mail in Outlook? Right now, I'm receiving everything in OE, even though I have Outlook set up as the default. Let me know / Frustrated in Pgh., Tess 1) Make sure Outlook is listed as your default mail program here: Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs tab. 2) Remove all mail accounts from Outlook Express (unless you can't bear to part with them for some reason). 3) Disable automatic checking for new mail in OE. 4) Only open OE if you're going to use it for newsreading (Outlook doesn't h...

CFileDialog -- auto completion issue
I'm using an extended CFileDialog (provides Win2k dialog support) and all is working fine, but I had one minor tweak question. If I have the files: c:\temp\test.xml c:\temp\test.txt And I specify that the dialog is only looking for .xml files, when a user types into the file name field "test", the auto-complete dropdown lists suggests both possibilities. I'd like for it only to suggest the .xml file since that's what the dialog's filter is set to. This works in Office 2000, but with any other app that uses the dialog, you'll get the multiple "incorrect&quo...

Launching Outlook Address Book (GAL) from an external application
I'm using an application, HEAT Call Logging, that allows me to add new buttons and have those buttons launch external applications with associated parameters. For example, I've added a new button in HEAT Call Logging which when clicked opens a new mail message. I accomplish this with the following command-line argument: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe /c ipm.note I'd like to create a similar action which duplicates the exact functionality of clicking the Address Book button from within Outlook. By default, that button brings up our Global Address List. Is...

Deleted messages
Hello, I just installed the Microsoft explorer 6. Running the default installation, it installed automatically Outlook Express 6 and deleted or desactivated Outlook 97. Consecuently, I lost the local outgoing, incoming, etc messages I had for Outlook 97. How do I recover or import those messages to the corresponding folders in Outlook Express 6? Where those folders/messages went? My computer runs Windows 98 as operative system. Thank you, Luis Mira ...

Transfering Outlook info to new PC
Hello, I have a multi issue problem with Microsoft Outlook 2000 (not express). The first problem is that I have a new computer and I am trying to transfer all of my outlook information (inbox, contacts, sent items, etc...) to the new computer. I am using the export using comma seperated values for windows as my export style. When I import them to the machine, they do not retain the dates of the emails, or the attatchments. How do I transfer the outlook information while retaining all of the information. The second part of my problem is that I removed a user from my domain serve...

Outlook 2002 #48
I uninstalled something in my reg, my fault. Cannot restore system. I get this error message listed below. Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Outlook requires Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01 or greater. You can install Outlook Express by running IE5Setup.exe from the IE5 folder located on your CD or through the Windows Update website. Using Windows XP OS Help ...

outlook send/recieve
how do I stop outlook receiving the same messages each time I click send/recieve?, this has been happening since I set up outlook. Does the send/receive cycle complete without errors? Also, which version of Outlook are you using? "thetman" <thetman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5675274A-EC69-425D-9E83-FC5554457E0C@microsoft.com... > how do I stop outlook receiving the same messages each time I click > send/recieve?, this has been happening since I set up outlook. ...

How to Modifiy Outlook Synchronize
Hi there, My Outlook 2000 is configured with Synchronize. Two questions: 1. How to disable it? 2. If I keep the Synchronize setting, could I change the Synchronize file (.ost file) to different location? Thanks in advance, Ross Ross <Ross@nospam.com> wrote: > My Outlook 2000 is configured with Synchronize. > Two questions: > 1. How to disable it? Click Tools>Services. Select your Exchange server and click "Properties". Click the "Advanced" tab. Click "Offline Folder File Settings", then "Disable Offline Use". > 2. If I keep ...

Out of Office in Outlook 2000
Is there a way of only sending the out of Office Auto- Reply to certain emails? I'm looking for a way to stop Out of Office messages being sent to a newsgroup - they are a real pain! If there were a way of sending the Auto- Reply to all emails EXCEPT to those from certain addresses it would be a great help. Many thanks in advance. Chris ...

Auto Complete
I have a user that has the auto complete flag set but when he restarts his machine he has to start all over. Nothing is retained from the day before. I've looked everywhere I know to look. Any ideas? Steve You have? Search this group then. This problem has been posted countless times. It usually means a corrupt Outlook profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "GSP@DCS" <info@dcs.com> wrote in message news:2d836$45184a6c$d1a8fa82$5760@EDELTACOM.COM... >I have a user that has the auto complete flag set but when he restarts his >machine he has to start all ove...

Completely Stumped
Some kind souls help is requested to make my worksheet more user friendly: 1) When data is filled in across cell range B14 � R14 and I then press �enter�.... a new row is automatically inserted either above or below. 2) The new row would retain the formulas in the cells just copied, but none of the calculations or text. I am using using the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Dim lastrow As Long lastrow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row Rows(lastrow).AutoFill Rows(lastrow).Resize(2), xlFillDefault Rows...

Outlook 2002 hanging when started
I am having an odd problem with Outlook 2002 hanging when started. It makes it to right to the point where it tries to check for new mail, then hangs. When I close it and do the end program deal, then try to reopen it, it seems to work fine. This happens everytime I use Outlook. Any ideas anyone??? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2007 Signature Changes on Recipient's Computer
Hello, I have my email email signature set to Palace Script MT @ size 36, which in that font is not that big. But directly under my signature I have my job title, phone, etc. which is in Palatino Linotype @ size 10. When I send messages, it looks the way it is supposed to look on my computer....and some recipient's computers it also looks the way it should. On a few other's computers, However, it changes the signature from Palace Script to Palatino Linotype but keeps it at the size 36 font. The result is that it looks abnoxiously big and as though I set it up that...

outlook password #14
how can I put a password on my outlook account Outlook is not an account You can password protect your Personal Folder, the data file, check Properties>Advanced "mhesson" <mhesson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E9B57BF-ADFA-432B-A0FD-A73FBCE8CC47@microsoft.com... > how can I put a password on my outlook account ...

Outlook 2003 sending email
I have recently installed MS Office 2003 Professional. I am having the following problem with MS Outlook 2003 that I was not having with MS Outlook 2002. When sending external email thru exchange (locally), I have to choose the account (Internet or Exchange) otherwise I get an error message that my mail did not get delivered. So to explain further, if I am sending email externally (email is sent thru Internet server not Exch) and my default mail setup is thru the POP3 server, then the there is no problem. If I am sending email locally, then I have to choose Exchange account. As ...

Archiving Outlook Express email from Outlook
Having upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook I imported my Outlook Express email in to Outlook. I set up the archiving to move any files over 2 months old onto the server but although Outlook archives files that it created/ received it will not archive the Outlook Express files. Any suggestions as to archiving the Outlook Express files? Rog Outlook uses the modified date for archiving. If you imported your items sooner than your default archive settings state, then your items will not be archived. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the dis...