Common IMAP inbox

Hello

I'm using Outlook 2007. I have recently gone over to receiving my emails via
IMAP. I have several accounts so effectively I have have several Inbox's. Is
there a way as for instance in Mac Mail to see the sum of these inboxes in a
single folder or inbox.

Thanks a lot

Stephen

No, you need to keep separate folder sets in Outlook and at this time,
the search folders are per folder set, not per profile like it is in Mac.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 7/9/2011 1:00 PM, stephen wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm using Outlook 2007. I have recently gone over to receiving my emails
> via IMAP. I have several accounts so effectively I have have several
> Inbox's. Is there a way as for instance in Mac Mail to see the sum of
> these inboxes in a single folder or inbox.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Stephen
0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/11/2011 2:35:09 PM
On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 18:00:36 +0100, "stephen"
<ravilious.eric@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I'm using Outlook 2007. I have recently gone over to receiving my emails via
>IMAP. I have several accounts so effectively I have have several Inbox's. Is
>there a way as for instance in Mac Mail to see the sum of these inboxes in a
>single folder or inbox.

Possibly with a filer to basically move the messages?
evan1 (39)
7/11/2011 4:09:29 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies.

I've just bought a macbook as a second computer. I really like the mail
handling over PC outlook, Outlook for mac also has this combined inbox so I
guess its a PC thing.

Stephen

"stephen"  wrote in message news:IO%Rp.1527$Z04.1268@newsfe07.ams2...

Hello

I'm using Outlook 2007. I have recently gone over to receiving my emails via
IMAP. I have several accounts so effectively I have have several Inbox's. Is
there a way as for instance in Mac Mail to see the sum of these inboxes in a
single folder or inbox.

Thanks a lot

Stephen

How to change the language of common dialog box?
When I show a common dialog box, such as Open/Save file dialog and choose color dialog, how can I change the language displayed in these dialog boxes? Thanks! You'll have to either run on the OS that has the language you want or install the version of MFC that has the language you need. This article might help you: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235264.aspx Tom "Hooyoo" <zhao_huyong@126.com> wrote in message news:1159508128.489403.150360@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > When I show a common dialog box, such as Open/Save file dialog and > choose c...

Inbox broken?
I'm running Outlook 2002 on Windows 98. Email has worked fine up until Saturday 9/11. Yesterday, I noticed my email not coming into the INBOX... I went online to my email server provider and the emails are there, so the server works. I also have a program on my computer (Vital AgentIT)that shows me that emails are coming across the web from the server. However, the emails aren't going into the Inbox. I get the error: Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C) : 'Unknown Error 0x8004060C' The emails aren't being deleted from my mail server (which is hoste...

Using the Common Feed List in Excel
Is it possible to collect items from the Common Feed List (RSS feeds) generated by IE into Excel? I would like to screen a bunch of feeds from Craigslist and eBay and none of the readers I've tried seem to do it very well. TIA ed I have used the IE application with Excel to read 1000's of webpages. Depending on the Website it can be very simple, not so simple, or very complicated. Not all webpages are the same even though the make look similar. I don't know what you mean by "to do it very well". The code may not be simple. I would have to see the U...

HOWTO localize common dialogs
hi all! I have a core application with no resources. I have a couple of DLLs containing the resources (one for each language i need to support). Now: 1. system is win2k and i develop with visual c++ 6.0 2. the application uses mfc as shared dll 3. the dlls containing the resources use mfc as shared dll too. 4. everything has been built using appwizard. i exactly display the correct GUI for the chosen language. but i'm trying to get the localized mfc resources in order to have the same language also for the common dialogs (es. FileOpen, the buttons of AfxMessageBox, etc). I applied su...

IMAP & SSL
Hi, I posted here a few weeks ago about possibly moving my IMAP user to SSL and was told that it's not configurable per client but only on the virtual server as I expected. However, looking at my production cluster (E2K3 and W2K3) I see that on the properties of the IMAP virtual server that both "Communication" and "Certificate" are grayed out and not able to be put into action. Is there a reason for that? Am I missing something here? Definitely not trying to pass myself off as an IMAP guru but that seems like it should be enabled and configurable. Thanks, ...

How do I set an email received into my inbox as private?
The inbox is shared to another user. The owner would like to flag some of his emails as private. when I click on options I can not change the sensitivity to private on received emails. How can I change this setting? Thanks in Advance Deneen Ask the other user. "Deneen" <Deneen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D4317F9-4A41-407A-961B-D48F1BE208A9@microsoft.com... > The inbox is shared to another user. The owner would like to flag some of > his emails as private. when I click on options I can not change the > sensitivity to private on received em...

Common Change
Hi, I have over a 200 files, where I need to just change my e-mail address within the file. Is there any thing that I can use/run to go automatically through the files individually, open them up, find & replace my e-mail address, then save the files again ? Hope someone can help. Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 deleting original from Inbox after reply
I have a friend using Outlook 2003 with WinXP SP1, and every time they reply to a message in their Inbox, it is then deleted fromt the Inbox. Messages that are read but not replied to are not deleted. They do not show up in deleted items either. Any ideas? Thanks! I had a customer that suggested they had this problem, when in fact the messages were being sorted by "ICON". In outlook 2k3, click the "received" button in the inbox, this will sort mail by date received. When items are sorted by icon, mail that hasn't been replied to has a plain icon and puts itself at...

Common Exchange Deployment on NAS?
Hi, What is the most common way to deploy a large exchange installation... is it common to use NAS? As I understand, Exchange stores all its data in a few very large .edb files... if so, does exchange transfer these large files back and forth over the network in a NAS? Thanks David NAS devices that make the volumes appear as local storage will work and are used with Exchange - NetApp filers being one of them. NetApp uses a software util called "SnapDrive" to make this possible. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ------------------------------...

Sent items to inbox?
Is there a way to have sent emails listed in Outlook go to the inbox instead of (or besides) the Sent Items folder? An automatic BCC to self or something? I like to see full email threads that include what I send out as well as what I receive. All other email clients I know about do this. TIA, Ron "RonTheGuy" wrote in message news:f8qrge$7bu$1@aioe.org... > Is there a way to have sent emails listed in Outlook go to the inbox > instead of (or besides) the Sent Items folder? An automatic BCC to > self or something? I like to see full email threads that include what &g...

How to eliminate flicker of common controls?
i created several common controls( list-view(report), tab, rebar) with "Create(...)" methods of them, and everything goes well except that they all flicker while i resize them. and i think the issue is from the "windows style" i used, so which "window style" is right selection to figure them out. or if it is natural effect( there is no window style for that ), then how to figure them out with any resolvents. very thanks :-) -- Frank F.Han +-----------------------------------------+ | winsays@:-)hotmail:-).com | +------------------------------------...

Outlook 2002
When a Contact name is dragged to the Inbox, the contact is moved to the Inbox instead of a new message being created. Help! ...

Highest Common Factor
Sorry but I can't reply to your message directly because the body of your post is empty. Too calculate HCF use the Excel =GCD() function Mike On May 4, 2:41 pm, Mike H <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Sorry but I can't reply to your message directly because the body of your > post is empty. > > Too calculate HCF use the Excel =GCD() function > > Mike Does GCD function an add-in? I couldnt find it inthe function window. Hi GCD is part of the Analysis Toolpak. Tools>Addins>check Analysis Toolpak -- Regards Roger Govier "Yabi"...

characters ignored in search of inbox
when i search my inbox, if i mix some symbols with characters, the symbols are just ignored. For instance, i put in a search for "#members" and it found matches for just "members". How can i make outlook obey the exact characters that i put into the search box (even if they are not letters). Thanks, tom TomCon <someone@verizon.net> wrote: > when i search my inbox, if i mix some symbols with characters, the > symbols are just ignored. For instance, i put in a search for > "#members" and it found matches for just "members". How ca...

outlook inbox not showing new e-mail
Hi, for some reason, my inbox shows new e-mails but when clicking on it, my new e-mails do not appear ??? Any thoughts? ...

Outlook 2003 IMAP Flags
Hello, Is there any possibility to use flags on the IMAP account in similar way to POP3 account. How to filter marked messages from IMAP folders? -- Regards Danny ...

IMAP access from MAC's to Exchange 2000
Guys a question for you re IMAP. We have a server (Exchange 2000 sp3 August 2004 Post SP3 Roll-UP with mirrored 36.gb disks and 2Gb of ram) in our org in a site with around local 30-40 clients. About 5-10 of these are Mac's. When the mac clients access their email (via IMAP using mail.app) the server performance falls through the floor. If the Mac's access their mail any other way all appears to be fine. I am in the process of trying Entourage 2004 on their machines but as this is a pay for client they are reluctant to spend the cash when they have a free mail client built into...

Architectural decision; deriving classes from a common parent doc and view class or not
Hello, my name is Rainer and I�m currently doing my diploma thesis in a small company in my home town in programming an MDI/Doc-View/MFC-application. To make it short: My task is to design and implement a system, that visualizes (i.e. to draw objects in a coordinate system and show internal information about them in menus, or directly in the co. system ) Data generated by different signal processing approaches programmed in C. For each approach in a differnt window. The signal processing approaches produce all the same basic data, but each one of them delivers special information, that should...

How to find the most common numbers?
I have 300 number groups and each group has 22 different numbers (from 1 to 80). I want to find 5 (or more) numbers that occur together the most. Can I find these numbers by excel, macro, VBA or any program? for example, let us suppose that 4-15-23-36-45 are the most common numbers and these numbers are in 8 groups from 300. Is it possible , I added my file to explain my question in detail, Thanks +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: find common numbers1.zip | |Download: http://www.officefrustration.com/attach...

Common enteries
Good day, I need to manage a databse of student numbers I have a worksheet for each class, about 1200 students I manualy create a student number for each student. The student number has to be unique, so I have created the first sheet in the file to contain all the student numbers. 1) Can I run a check to view / highlight only the duplicated student numbers?? 2) Is there an easier manner of verifying that I have not duplicated the student numbers??, maybe as I am busy creating the student numbers on each new class sheet? Thanx !! -- !ngeniuos (99% Perspiration) Check out a multitude ...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Search Folder for Inbox and unread messages
I am seeking to use rules to presort my incoming emails to folders. I would like to be able to see ALL email in my INBOX AND ALL Unread email in the folders. Is there anyway to accomplish this? I don't see a way to do this using Search Folders, but am willing to be proven wrong. Thanks! phil.whitacre@cox.net <phil.whitacre@cox.net> wrote: > I am seeking to use rules to presort my incoming emails to folders. > > I would like to be able to see ALL email in my INBOX AND ALL Unread > email in the folders. > > Is there anyway to accomplish this? I don't see a...

Setting Gmail IMAP
I previously used Gmail as POP but I have just changed it to IMAP so that I can keep my PC (WLM), my iPhone and my webmail all in sync. Now I need some advice. 1. In addition to my inbox,sent etc folders I also have a folder called All Mail that indeed contains all messages I have ever sent or received. It is therefore very big. How can I stop that folder showing up in WLM? 2. When I delete items in WLM the are not going to the Bin (deleted folder) They just vanish. The deleted folder is a useful facility as at times I may accidently click to delete the wrong message. How c...