Common Contacts List

Hi
Outlook 2003
We have just installed a server in our work. There are 8 computers connected
to it, each with Outlook. What we would really, really like, is to have just
1 Contacts List  which is accessable to all users via Outlook. Preferably,
this list would live on the server.

Thanks - Dave.
0
dave871 (679)

Is the server Exchange server? If not, is it configured for LDAP?  If the
answer to both is No, then you would need a 3rd party program to share
contacts. See http://www.slipstick.com/OUTLOOK/share.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

> Hi
> Outlook 2003
> We have just installed a server in our work. There are 8 computers
> connected
> to it, each with Outlook. What we would really, really like, is to have
> just
> 1 Contacts List  which is accessable to all users via Outlook. Preferably,
> this list would live on the server.
>
> Thanks - Dave.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
4/16/2009 12:51:52 AM
Hi Diane,
Thanks for the prompt reply, and the link. We don't have Exchange, and not
sure about LAPD, oops, LDAP, but I'll find out.
Regards - Dave.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Is the server Exchange server? If not, is it configured for LDAP?  If the
> answer to both is No, then you would need a 3rd party program to share
> contacts. See http://www.slipstick.com/OUTLOOK/share.asp
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > Outlook 2003
> > We have just installed a server in our work. There are 8 computers
> > connected
> > to it, each with Outlook. What we would really, really like, is to have
> > just
> > 1 Contacts List  which is accessable to all users via Outlook. Preferably,
> > this list would live on the server.
> >
> > Thanks - Dave.

0
dave871 (679)
4/16/2009 3:50:01 AM
If the server has active directory installed you can have ldap.

--

> Hi Diane,
> Thanks for the prompt reply, and the link. We don't have Exchange, and not
> sure about LAPD, oops, LDAP, but I'll find out.
> Regards - Dave.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Is the server Exchange server? If not, is it configured for LDAP?  If the
>> answer to both is No, then you would need a 3rd party program to share
>> contacts. See http://www.slipstick.com/OUTLOOK/share.asp
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> your
>> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>

>> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> > Outlook 2003
>> > We have just installed a server in our work. There are 8 computers
>> > connected
>> > to it, each with Outlook. What we would really, really like, is to have
>> > just
>> > 1 Contacts List  which is accessable to all users via Outlook.
>> > Preferably,
>> > this list would live on the server.
>> >
>> > Thanks - Dave.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Sorting a full list into a list of number ranges
Hello everyone I have a number of sheets each containing a list of numbers. Should this be important, each number is always 11 digits in length and they all start with a 0. Many of the numbers are sequential, where the last digit increments by 1. What I would like to do for those numbers that are part of a range is to find the first and last number of that range. Is there a formula that could read through the list one by one and make a separate list of each unique number and the first and last number where the numbers are sequential? As an example, using completely made up numbers: Full...

Contacts and outlook address book!
hi i am using outloo 2003, have all emails in my Contacts, i wish to copy all email addresses from contacts to Outlook address book. How do i do this? -- Hope it Helps! Jim India No you don't. The address book in Outlook is simply a view of your Contacts Folder. All you have to do is configure the Address Book to display your Contacts. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jim" <kunalbhardwaj@msn.com> wrote in message news:e7NwVdAzEHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > hi i am using outloo 2003, have ...

Contacts not synchronizing
An appeal to Peter.R, ...winston and anyone else who knows anything at all about the mechanics of contacts: Could you be bothered to have a look at this thread http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=bf8fb16c-f55d-45ee-b4f8-03f27b3f9a47 and come up with ideas, because I'm about out of them. There's probably something glaringly obvious that I'm missing. We'll all have to get used to meeting over there, I suppose, however unpleasant that prospect might be for many of us... -- Noel Suggest the following(assuming the current version of WLM is installed)...

Use and groups same address list
Hi, I'l like to get users, groups and Query-based groups in same address list, but filter windows I have to chooce only one, is it possible edit LDAP query to include all address types? ...

Formating Comments field in Contacts, Changes often don't stay
I've noticed that I can change the text formatting on words in the comment field in some of my contacts and not others. For example, if I make certain words bold, save and come back. Occasionally changes aren't kept. All I see is plain text. Thanks in advance ...

Outlook 2000 rules and Contacts
Am I right in saying that there is no way I can write a rule in Outlook 2000 which says: If the sender is not in my contacts, move the message to a certain folder"? If not, are there any third-party add-ins that will do the job? (Apart from buying Outlook 2002 that is.....) Thanks -- (I may be wrong...I usually am....) Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: www.gbpcomputing.co.uk You're correct, and it won't work in OL2002 either. If you're trying to get rid of spam, try www.cloudmark.com for one nice app. There are plenty out there. rifl...

Pick List Attirbutes populating other attributes
Is there a way to have the value in one attribute limit the values available in another attribute? For example, if I have an attribute named make and Honda is selected, I would like my picklist attribute labeled model to only display Civic and Accord. The picklist attribute labeled model would include various models (cavalier, focus, 325i, etc), howver I would like to narrow the selection based on the make that is selected. I have seen the same type of structure related to the way opportunities are setup. Based upon the value (Open, Won, or Lost) in the statuscode field the status reason...

cannot view contacts
I imported contacts as a comma seperated file for windows into my profile, if I click on the tab 'Contacts' I can view them but if I use the 'To' tab with the address book icon beside it, there is nothing in it. How do I get my contacts to show when I use the 'To' button Post your Outlook version. Ensure that the Contacts you imported have valid, resolved email addresses and that the folder into which you imported them has been designated as an email address book in its properties. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.c...

Get Computer Listing
I don't know if this is the correct forum, but I'm creating a remote installation program using VB.NET 2005 and am looking for a really fast way to scan the computers in my domain and create a listing them in a treeview. Is there a way to grab the computer information in the domain and display it quickly from a central workstation programmatically in VB.net? Thanks On Feb 1, 4:29=A0pm, Sean Winfield <swinfi...@cinci.rr.com> wrote: > I don't know if this is the correct forum, but I'm creating a remote > installation program using VB.NET 2005 and am looki...

Import Contacts from Outlook 04-22-05
Hi, we imported all contacts from Outlook via SFO. He saw that it worked. After that, we deleted those contacts from CRM. Then he wanted to import them again wich is not possible because when the import was started, he saw that there were 0 contacts to import, while in the Outlook contacts are still 260 items. How can we import the Outlook contacts for the 2nd time? Tnx, Erik ...

HOWTO localize common dialogs
hi all! I have a core application with no resources. I have a couple of DLLs containing the resources (one for each language i need to support). Now: 1. system is win2k and i develop with visual c++ 6.0 2. the application uses mfc as shared dll 3. the dlls containing the resources use mfc as shared dll too. 4. everything has been built using appwizard. i exactly display the correct GUI for the chosen language. but i'm trying to get the localized mfc resources in order to have the same language also for the common dialogs (es. FileOpen, the buttons of AfxMessageBox, etc). I applied su...

Value list
i need help with making value lists in excel so that i can make my data base consistant with the data i am entering That's not much to go on. What is a value list? And what constitutes making your database consistent with the data you are entering? Post back and explain in detail what you have, what you want to do, and what you want to happen. Some examples are always good. HTH Otto "Maint Girl" <Maint Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EDE3701-B704-4BE8-B449-58662FDCB495@microsoft.com... > i need help with making value lists in ...

OL2000 disabling inplace editing for contact lists and task lists, etc #2
hi Can someone please help me with this one: I manage a small SBS2000 instalation (20 users) running outlook 2000 with exchange 2000. Outlook 2000 has the annoying feature that whenever you click on an item in a task list or contact list and start typing, you modify the contens of the item (without noticing). This happens often in the company and has recently resulted in inadvertedly destructing critical information contained in public contacts and tasks folders. I would like to know if there is a way to disable this in place editing feature, making changes to items only possible if yo...

how to set list control scroll bar position?
When more item added to list control, the HScroll bar appeared. How to make VScroll bar appeared instead of HScroll bar ? ...

Query Personal Address book -v- Contact list
If I have understood what others are saying about Outlook 2000, Personal Addresses are .pab files and Contacts are .pst. I was not aware of the .pab files. I have recently changed from Outlook Express to MS Outlook (2000) I am running XP Pro and Office 2000. When I upgraded from OE I seem to have the majority of my previously used contacts (some are missing for some reason - especially the group contacts). I though I should be using Personal Address so followed the following MS instructions:- .. 1.On the Tools menu, click Address Book. 2.Click New Entry . 3.Under Put this entry, click Pe...

Adding multiple contact relationships to an account
I am having no success in my attempts to add two fields to the account form. Both are Many to 1 relationship attributes, on is a technical contact, the other is a billing contact. These two fields should appear on the account form in the same manner as the primary contact field that is on the form by default. My problem is that whenever I attempt to create a new Many to 1 relationship in the account entity, the primary entity drop down list only shows my custom entities, the contact entity is not displayed. This seems to be a trivial change, but appears to not be allowed by CRM. Can a...

lost contacts #4
Running Windows XP pro. Installed the 2003 upgrade to Outlook (previous version probably 2002, or maybe earlier). Client had hit the 2gb file limit. :-( We used the Office 2003 suite, but only selected Outlook (and PowerPoint) at this time. For some reason, the upgrade did NOT convert from the '02 file format to the '03 format, nor did the install ask if I wanted to convert, that would allow much larger file size. So, I created a new 'personal folders' folder and told it to use the '03 format. That gave me TWO 'Personal Folders' in Outlook. Then, I moved the...

How to change the language of common dialog box?
When I show a common dialog box, such as Open/Save file dialog and choose color dialog, how can I change the language displayed in these dialog boxes? Thanks! You'll have to either run on the OS that has the language you want or install the version of MFC that has the language you need. This article might help you: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235264.aspx Tom "Hooyoo" <zhao_huyong@126.com> wrote in message news:1159508128.489403.150360@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > When I show a common dialog box, such as Open/Save file dialog and > choose c...

is contact manager for outlook 2003 good for shared contacts and distributionlist?
how about shared calendars? Your experience and expertise is well appreciated. oops , did not see the other posting. "learner" <learner@nomail.nil> wrote in message news:usethUgQFHA.648@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > how about shared calendars? > > Your experience and expertise is well appreciated. > ...

Using the Common Feed List in Excel
Is it possible to collect items from the Common Feed List (RSS feeds) generated by IE into Excel? I would like to screen a bunch of feeds from Craigslist and eBay and none of the readers I've tried seem to do it very well. TIA ed I have used the IE application with Excel to read 1000's of webpages. Depending on the Website it can be very simple, not so simple, or very complicated. Not all webpages are the same even though the make look similar. I don't know what you mean by "to do it very well". The code may not be simple. I would have to see the U...

OL2003: Quirky function of contacts under "Other Contacts"
I am getting a strange error to which I have found temporary work-aroun solutions but don't have any idea how to really resolve the problem. Problem: After establishing an email account with "Download Public Folde Favorites" Checked, I "Add to Favorites" a Public Folder Contact List. I click the "Contacts" shortcut and after clicking the contact lis under "Other Contacts", I receive an error message "Operation Failed immediately. Clicking on the OK button results in normal operation an the contact list is completely functional. Work-Around: ...

Common Change
Hi, I have over a 200 files, where I need to just change my e-mail address within the file. Is there any thing that I can use/run to go automatically through the files individually, open them up, find & replace my e-mail address, then save the files again ? Hope someone can help. Thanks ...

can I have a multiselect option for a list box in excel 2003
I am working with Excel 2003, I created different list boxes for different fields but I wanted to know if I could select more then one answer by using CTRL command? Is that only available for later versions? thanks Yes, you can. Depending on what type of listbox it is and where it's located, the instructions to modify the settings would be different. If it's a listbox from the Forms toobar placed on the sheet, then rightclick on it and choose Format Control, then Control tab and choose Multi. If it's a listbox from the Control toolbox toolbar placed on a workshee...

Possible to Promote Outlook Contacts to CRM Contacts?
Is there a way to promote Outlook Contacts to CRM Contacts? Further, if Contacts are loaded into CRM, and the CRM for Outlook Client is sync'd with Outlook, all the CRM Contacts come down to Outlook. That is great except for duplicates coming from CRM to Outlook. Any way to merge duplicate Contact records then in Outlook? Thanks, Boolean1 Boolean1 wrote: > Is there a way to promote Outlook Contacts to CRM Contacts? > > Further, if Contacts are loaded into CRM, and the CRM for Outlook > Client is sync'd with Outlook, all the CRM Contacts come down to > Outlo...

Excel Address list
I have a list of names and addresses that are listed in rows vs. columns, is there a way to convert the information to columns so I can do a mail merge for address labels? Transpose? -- David Biddulph kcurland wrote: > I have a list of names and addresses that are listed in rows vs. > columns, is there a way to convert the information to columns so I > can do a mail merge for address labels? You can try using Copy, followed by Edit Paste Special with the 'Transpose' option selected. But this is going to require you to select each address group separat...