Color rule

Hi

I would like to use colors to change an email when
received from 1 of a  group of like 60 people.  (All 60
senders I would like to color their email when recieved)
I am limited by the number of color rules that I am
allowed to put into place.

I am unable to create one rule for the group of users as
well, as I get an error and outlook closes on me.

There is probably a very simple script that can be
written but I am not that familiar with writing those.

I have tried to assign category through a rule on the
list of these people, but it will not allow me to upload
to the exchange server.  (I thought I could change the
category of the email then write a rule to color the
emails)

I am using Outlook XP (SP1) on Exchange 2000
Windows XP with SP1

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

0
anonymous (74717)

CDialog background color
Hello, How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Best regards >How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Handle the WM_CTLCOLORDLG message (OnCtlColor CTLCOLOR_DLG in MFC) and return a brush of the colour you want. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks but it didn't work! here is the code that I wrote: HBRUSH CDialogAppCon::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); // TODO: Change any attributes of the DC here // TODO: Return a different b...

rules import
hi , i took the backup of the file outlook.pst, and reinstalled office XP ,when i imported back the file, all the rules i had created in the old setup is not working. i had diffrent folders which collected different mails. now all the new mails are going to inbox. should i redo all the rules or is there any way we import rules also . anybody plz help me out , thanx in advance regards manish ...

Color
Hi, I'm a new programmer with C++ We are using VC++6 I'd like to know if it's possible to give a backgroung color to a label (static text) from my code. I want to change the background color of a lable (static text) depending on what the user choose from a combo box color Thanks I think you can subclass your "static class" window and write your own WM_ERASEBKGND message handler.... Something like this: ------%<-----------%<--------------- class CMyStaticText: public CStatic { public: afx_msg BOOL OnEraseBkgnd(CDC *); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() } BEGIN_MES...

Color Scheme Disapeared?
Several lines were shaded the standard beige that appears on the color scheme chart when the color chart icon is pressed in Excel 2000. To my surprise ... and for no known reason... all lines shaded with that color changed to a cruddy gray. When I looked at the chart again, where the beige had been is now that crummy gray... as it appears in several other boxes of that chart now. When I place my cursor over those boxes of gray, I get a text reading of "Color Scheme" rather than the name of the color the cursor is on. What the heck happened and how do I get that beige back? Never ...

Change cell color after processes
In this program which works until I added the .cells color - basically I want to color the cell if it existed and was moved or a different color if the file was not found. I keep getting a type mismatch. The code is below. 'Primary program ' Sub RunThroughList() Dim I As Long Dim Destination As String Dim Lastrow As Long Lastrow = Worksheets(1).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For I = 1 To Lastrow MoveFiles Range("A" & I).Value, "P:\Web_ICC\Archive_Test\", I Cells("A", I).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next End Sub 'Sub routin...

Change border color of active cell??
How can i change the border color of the active cell in Ecell 2004 for MAC?? thanks ...

Help formatting text color based on formula
I have searched the forum and find some things that help but not quite enough. I have a table of numbers. In fact there are 300 rows of 5 colums of numbers. What I would like to do is to change the color of the number if it matches one of 5 other numbers. Example Reference #s 2 6 23 43 48 01 02 09 08 14 06 14 23 43 44 03 11 23 24 52 etc etc etc etc The example list is already populated. When the reference numbers are entered I want any number in the example list that matches any number in the reference list to change to a specified color. Any way to...

OL2003 - Rules
I have three POP3 accounts setup in Outlook 2003 each from different providers. So, I created two rules to move the email based on specified account to other folders to separate the email based on account. So, my default account goes into the Inbox and the other accounts go into their own specific folders. When I setup the rules I choose "through the specified account" in the "condition" section then specify the account. Then choose "move it to the specified folder" in the "what to do with the message" section then specify the folder to move it to. ...

Server-Side Rules Storage
I have users who use rules profusely in order to manage mail flow. They are complaining that once they get to about "60" rules, they are told they have no more rom for rules. I have found this article that applies to Exchange 2000. I can't find anything documented in regards to Exchange 2003. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=241325 Any ideas, or can you point me to the documentation where this is defined for 2003? can we change the storage size? Brian On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:28:09 -0600, "Brian Carpenter" <bc@incucomm.com> wrote: >I have users w...

re: Changing subject/conversation text color <20061123223842noreply@takethisout.registrme.sent.com>
Never mind. I changed it with "Other Settings, Shade Group Headings". Couldn't change the color, but the color is now black on gray (my system setting) and is a lot better. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Email Tracking
I have certain issues related to Email Tracking in CRM 3.0 I have one common email id i.e. customercare@mydomain.com, to which all emails get delivered. I have arranged to appear all these emails in a Queue, which is available from Workplace option. Now suppose any one of the user Accepts the Email from Queue, it moves to that user's In-Progress Queue. Upto this the functionality is working. Now suppose that user replies to the message, then the email should goes from user@mydomain.com, whereas I want it as customercare@mydomain.com should be the out email id. The other problem is ther...

color in checkbox?
Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? -- Thanks, Sharon SHARON wrote: > Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or > whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? Not with a genuine form-field checkbox (although with an exit macro you could change the checkbox's font color, that's not "instead of a checkmark"). Using the technique at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm, though, you can make the "checkbox" b...

Excel 2007 Change Standard Colors How?
Greetings, I just started Excel 2007. My spreadsheets typically have a lot of cells that are color filled. When I work on a old or new one, I find the light bright color fills of 2003 aren't there as defaults or easy to find without multiple clicks. Is there a way to change the standard colors presented when you click on the paint bucket? Thanks for your help! ...

color code
I have trying to do this, but to no avail. I want cells to change color like: more than 60 days before certain date - they're green 1 - 60 days - they're yellow 0 days and days after - they're red Format | Conditional Format | Cell Value is < A1-60 where the date to check against is in cell A1. Define your Format. Same for the other formats -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Shihachi" wrote: > I have trying to do this, but to no avail. > I want cells to change color like: > more than 60 days before certain date - they're green > 1 - ...

How to add text to Reply message in a rule?
I'm setting up a Rule to be used to Reply to every sender with my new email address. In the Rules Wizard, I selected "reply using a specific template" and the system pointed to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\MAIL.OFT. But that is an empty template; how do I configure it to include the message text? I tried copying it and adding the Subject and text but it did not save the changes. Thx, Create a message template of your own; Set Outlook as your email editor (since you are using Outlook 2003), create a message with only a subject and a body an...

color tab on spreadsheet
hi I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it thanks for hel Benjamin Is only possible in Excel 2002 and 2003 Ben -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Ben.c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C7D4B9-F271-45AF-A618-66680BF33EDE@microsoft.com... > hi, > I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it ? > thanks for help > Benjamin Only way is to get Office XP (excel 2002)...

changing font color in multiple textboxes
Hello, I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 textboxes so going and changing each text box is quite annoying. Any help is appreciated. kahlan715 wrote: > I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of > multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need > all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 > textboxe...

Result changes cell color
Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? Basically, I want the following: If cell = 1 Fill cell with Red If cell = 2 Fill cell with Yellow If cell = 3 Fill cell with Green Thanks for any help. format>conditional format>easy from there -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "GSBohn" <genie@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:uDoqd.47388$Oc.10064@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? > > Basically, I want the following: > > If cell = 1 Fill cell with ...

printing in color paper
Hi, I'm trying to print in blue and red paper but the text always appear black no matter which font color I choose. Does any one have tried to print non black font in non white paper? Thanks a lot for your help Neither Word nor your printer has any way of knowing what color paper you are putting into your printer. If you try to print (for instance) with red ink on green paper, of course it will look black! On Feb 1, 11:41=A0am, MVR <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to print in blue and red paper but the text always appear > black no m...

How do I change cell color in excel based on text input?
I want the cell format (meaning color of the cell) to change based upon the text entered. I have used up the conditioal formatting. It only allows three formats, and i require more. I am inquiring if this can be made into a formula for a cell to have the color change upon certain text phrases? Try this event code. Option Compare Text Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Set r = Range("A1:A20") If Intersect(Target, r) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub End If On Error GoTo Endit Application.EnableEvents = False vals = Array("Cat", "Dog", "Gopher&...

Colors in Outlook Today
Is there any way I can add additional styles to Outlook Today to give me more color schemes besides Summer and Winter? -Mike Not natively from Outlook. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Mike D. asked this group: | Is there any way I can add additional styles to Outlook Today to give | me more color schemes besides Summer and Winter? | | -Mike ...

How to Paste Link a cell with color and maintain the color

Change color of Track Changes Highlighting
How do I change the color of the highlighting when track changes is enabled? A colleague reviewed my work and entered changes but the highlighting is a light green color and is almost invisible. In MS word there is an option button on the "Highlight Changes" dialog. Where is the similar control in Excel (2000)?? Thanks for your help. Bob Julian ...

Color & CListCtrl
Hi folks, Does someone know and to give to a particular cell of my CListCtrl a background color and a color text? Is it possible? Thanks for any help Regards, Salim Here's a link to an article on using OnCustomDraw(); http://www.codeguru.com/listview/LVHighlight.shtml Tom "Salim GOMRI" <salim.gomri@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bg7sh9$s2v$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr... > Hi folks, > > Does someone know and to give to a particular cell of my CListCtrl a > background color and a color text? > > Is it possible? > > Thanks for any help > &...

color formatting of partial text of a cell in excel in bulk
i want to make a cell with multicolor text......... how to do it in bulk(e.g as we do it in replace all) If the text displayed in the cell is the result of a formula in that cell, you cannot have more than one color. If your data is a pure text entry, you can have multi-colored text, but you will need to use a macro to do more than one cell at a time. If your cell entries are second condition (pure text), then give us more information about what you want to do. Rick "chetan" <nishuu.chetan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8c6b5711-0808-4f53-8462-94b08d180d91@z16g2000...