color code meetings by subject

If someone sends me a meeting announcement, can I have outlook read the text
and make it lue in my calendar if a specific string appears, green for
another string, etc.?

0
ab8149 (57)

If you let Outlook accept the meetings automatically or you accept them
manually, you can use Automatic Formatting to color the label by subject in
Outlook 2002 or 2003.

Otherwise, it would require custom VBA code, not a simple automatic
formatting rule.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Brandi" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message
> If someone sends me a meeting announcement, can I have outlook read the
text
> and make it lue in my calendar if a specific string appears, green for
> another string, etc.?

0
suemvp (4038)

CDialog background color
Hello, How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Best regards >How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Handle the WM_CTLCOLORDLG message (OnCtlColor CTLCOLOR_DLG in MFC) and return a brush of the colour you want. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks but it didn't work! here is the code that I wrote: HBRUSH CDialogAppCon::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); // TODO: Change any attributes of the DC here // TODO: Return a different b...

Color
Hi, I'm a new programmer with C++ We are using VC++6 I'd like to know if it's possible to give a backgroung color to a label (static text) from my code. I want to change the background color of a lable (static text) depending on what the user choose from a combo box color Thanks I think you can subclass your "static class" window and write your own WM_ERASEBKGND message handler.... Something like this: ------%<-----------%<--------------- class CMyStaticText: public CStatic { public: afx_msg BOOL OnEraseBkgnd(CDC *); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() } BEGIN_MES...

Create dynamic code by using Reflection
Hi! I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to create the code dynamically ? Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? It's much much easier to create the code in the normal way. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:OZ4CzBO9KHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to > create the code dynamically ? > Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? > It's much much ea...

Change cell color after processes
In this program which works until I added the .cells color - basically I want to color the cell if it existed and was moved or a different color if the file was not found. I keep getting a type mismatch. The code is below. 'Primary program ' Sub RunThroughList() Dim I As Long Dim Destination As String Dim Lastrow As Long Lastrow = Worksheets(1).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For I = 1 To Lastrow MoveFiles Range("A" & I).Value, "P:\Web_ICC\Archive_Test\", I Cells("A", I).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next End Sub 'Sub routin...

Color Scheme Disapeared?
Several lines were shaded the standard beige that appears on the color scheme chart when the color chart icon is pressed in Excel 2000. To my surprise ... and for no known reason... all lines shaded with that color changed to a cruddy gray. When I looked at the chart again, where the beige had been is now that crummy gray... as it appears in several other boxes of that chart now. When I place my cursor over those boxes of gray, I get a text reading of "Color Scheme" rather than the name of the color the cursor is on. What the heck happened and how do I get that beige back? Never ...

"hidden"codes "paragraph" symbol, etc, showing in doc-how delete?
have normally "hidden" codes, such as "paragraph" symbols, "arrow head pointers" and "indentation markers" showing up in MS wWord document previously typed WITHOUT SUCH SYMBOLS SHOWING. How do I get rid of them. They do not show when documetn is printed. But code symbols make editing document a real headache. I know there is some simple key to depress which will send them back into "hiding." But which key ? And how to prevent reoccurences of same 'hidden codes' "popping up" in document. Thanks any help. ...

Code to delete rows excluding Header if not = to
Good morning I have the following code to delete all rows that do not contain the following two variables, in column P, "cw" and "ea". Set ws = ActiveSheet For p = ws.Range("P65536").End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1 If ws.Cells(p, 16) <> "cw" Then If ws.Cells(p, 16) <> "ea" Then ws.Rows(p).Delete End If End If Next It works very well apart from the fact that it deletes the Header row. Please can someone assist me in modifying this code so it does not delete Row 1 (the header row). T...

Help formatting text color based on formula
I have searched the forum and find some things that help but not quite enough. I have a table of numbers. In fact there are 300 rows of 5 colums of numbers. What I would like to do is to change the color of the number if it matches one of 5 other numbers. Example Reference #s 2 6 23 43 48 01 02 09 08 14 06 14 23 43 44 03 11 23 24 52 etc etc etc etc The example list is already populated. When the reference numbers are entered I want any number in the example list that matches any number in the reference list to change to a specified color. Any way to...

Change border color of active cell??
How can i change the border color of the active cell in Ecell 2004 for MAC?? thanks ...

re: Changing subject/conversation text color <20061123223842noreply@takethisout.registrme.sent.com>
Never mind. I changed it with "Other Settings, Shade Group Headings". Couldn't change the color, but the color is now black on gray (my system setting) and is a lot better. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Excel 2007 Change Standard Colors How?
Greetings, I just started Excel 2007. My spreadsheets typically have a lot of cells that are color filled. When I work on a old or new one, I find the light bright color fills of 2003 aren't there as defaults or easy to find without multiple clicks. Is there a way to change the standard colors presented when you click on the paint bucket? Thanks for your help! ...

error code 800705B4
I am running Windows 7 RC on my desktop and I keep getting an error code when trying to install a definition update to Windows Defender. The update won't install sucessfully. -- GIL "GIL" <GIL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FA9B800-2D21-4E18-8513-92AA289BFAD9@microsoft.com... > I am running Windows 7 RC on my desktop and I keep getting an error code > when > trying to install a definition update to Windows Defender. The update > won't > install sucessfully. > -- > GIL Jesus! Drop the RC and buy a copy! Th...

color in checkbox?
Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? -- Thanks, Sharon SHARON wrote: > Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or > whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? Not with a genuine form-field checkbox (although with an exit macro you could change the checkbox's font color, that's not "instead of a checkmark"). Using the technique at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm, though, you can make the "checkbox" b...

color code
I have trying to do this, but to no avail. I want cells to change color like: more than 60 days before certain date - they're green 1 - 60 days - they're yellow 0 days and days after - they're red Format | Conditional Format | Cell Value is < A1-60 where the date to check against is in cell A1. Define your Format. Same for the other formats -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Shihachi" wrote: > I have trying to do this, but to no avail. > I want cells to change color like: > more than 60 days before certain date - they're green > 1 - ...

color tab on spreadsheet
hi I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it thanks for hel Benjamin Is only possible in Excel 2002 and 2003 Ben -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Ben.c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C7D4B9-F271-45AF-A618-66680BF33EDE@microsoft.com... > hi, > I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it ? > thanks for help > Benjamin Only way is to get Office XP (excel 2002)...

Squeaky clean code: Trapping & passing on WM_SYSCOMMAND
I've written custom code to minimize my app by overriding WindowProc(), trappping WM_SYSCOMMAND, and checking to see if the message is SC_MINIMIZE. Pretty standard stuff, but my question is: What is the absolutely correct way to pass on other (non-SC_MINIMIZE) messages? I'm assuming I don't want to pass on the message I'm looking for after I've processed it myself(?) I need to return something that resolves to a successful LRESULT, but I don't know if that's simply the boolean TRUE or not. Thanks, Rick Lee Here's my code to illustrate: LRESULT CMainFrame::Win...

how do i increase the font size for the Subject line in an Outlook
The font is too small on the To:, Cc: and Subject: lines of my Outlook email (I used to use Outlook Express and it was fine there). How can I increase the font size? Thanks. when you are composing messages or viewing them in the message list? to change it on a message form, you need to change the windows defaults; you can change it for the message list by editing the automatic formatting settings for the view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search E...

Result changes cell color
Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? Basically, I want the following: If cell = 1 Fill cell with Red If cell = 2 Fill cell with Yellow If cell = 3 Fill cell with Green Thanks for any help. format>conditional format>easy from there -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "GSBohn" <genie@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:uDoqd.47388$Oc.10064@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? > > Basically, I want the following: > > If cell = 1 Fill cell with ...

changing font color in multiple textboxes
Hello, I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 textboxes so going and changing each text box is quite annoying. Any help is appreciated. kahlan715 wrote: > I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of > multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need > all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 > textboxe...

Button calling aother button's code
I'm just getting started. How does one call another button's code? In Button2's code, I want to call Button1's click event. I guess I need to pass parameters. The Button1_Click() statement is incorrect. So how does one call code contained in another button? Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click MsgBox("I pressed a button") End Sub Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Clic...

printing in color paper
Hi, I'm trying to print in blue and red paper but the text always appear black no matter which font color I choose. Does any one have tried to print non black font in non white paper? Thanks a lot for your help Neither Word nor your printer has any way of knowing what color paper you are putting into your printer. If you try to print (for instance) with red ink on green paper, of course it will look black! On Feb 1, 11:41=A0am, MVR <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to print in blue and red paper but the text always appear > black no m...

Code Generator that writes code to generate an XML doc structure?
Hello, Has anyone ever seen or created such a code generator? I'm looking for a sample of a code generator that will generate code (preferably one that uses C# and the XMLTextWriter) to create an XML document structure based on an XML file as input. I have to build some classes that allow me to generate some very complex/large/nasty XML documents for use in B2B exchange of data (like invoices, orders, etc.). A third party has dictated the structure and provided example XML documents. Instead of hand coding these classes, I'd like to be able to automatically generate them by using ...

Colors in Outlook Today
Is there any way I can add additional styles to Outlook Today to give me more color schemes besides Summer and Winter? -Mike Not natively from Outlook. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Mike D. asked this group: | Is there any way I can add additional styles to Outlook Today to give | me more color schemes besides Summer and Winter? | | -Mike ...

How do I change cell color in excel based on text input?
I want the cell format (meaning color of the cell) to change based upon the text entered. I have used up the conditioal formatting. It only allows three formats, and i require more. I am inquiring if this can be made into a formula for a cell to have the color change upon certain text phrases? Try this event code. Option Compare Text Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Set r = Range("A1:A20") If Intersect(Target, r) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub End If On Error GoTo Endit Application.EnableEvents = False vals = Array("Cat", "Dog", "Gopher&...

sp3 install fails with error code 0x800710D9(unable to read from o
HP pavillion A1430N Xp version 5.1.2600 sp2 build 2600 X86 based AMD Athlon 64xdual Install goes well until right after a restore point is set. Get "unable to read from or write to database"Does anyone haave any ideas?- Thanks,- gship http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915169 is applicable to SP3 WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron/archive/2008/05/08/windows-xp-sp3-read-all-prerequisites-for-a-successful-installation.aspx -=- 02/09/1004:59:13 pm "gship" wrote: > HP pavillion A1430N &...