College research project - survey of MS Office users

Hi All!

I'm conducting a survey for my college research project and need responses.
It's for
MS office users and I need as much of a response as possible.

Under the name question, just put your first name and your last initial. I
just need it as a separate identifier. if you have a handle that you use in
the newsgroup, feel free to use that, too.  There is no personal information
asked for.

Here's the link: http://www.summitcadd.com/ms_word_survey.htm
  Thanks,

  John

0
jprovetto (3)

From: "John" <jprovetto@earthlink.net>

| Hi All!
|
| I'm conducting a survey for my college research project and need responses.
| It's for
| MS office users and I need as much of a response as possible.
|
| Under the name question, just put your first name and your last initial. I
| just need it as a separate identifier. if you have a handle that you use in
| the newsgroup, feel free to use that, too.  There is no personal information
| asked for.
|
| Here's the link: http://www.summitcadd.com/ms_word_survey.htm
|   Thanks,
|
|   John

Worthless !

I can skew the survey answers easily and make you look like a real idiot !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

0
David
11/19/2006 2:28:55 AM
but why would you want to?
> From: "John" <jprovetto@earthlink.net>
>
> | Hi All!
> |
> | I'm conducting a survey for my college research project and need
> | It's for
> | MS office users and I need as much of a response as possible.
> |
> | Under the name question, just put your first name and your last initial.
> | just need it as a separate identifier. if you have a handle that you use
> in
> | the newsgroup, feel free to use that, too.  There is no personal
> information
> | asked for.
> |
> | Here's the link: http://www.summitcadd.com/ms_word_survey.htm
> |   Thanks,
> |
> |   John
> |

> Worthless !
>
> I can skew the survey answers easily and make you look like a real idiot !
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

0
jprovetto (3)
11/19/2006 2:43:07 AM
And will you please stop spamming the news groups!!!

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, John asked:

| Hi All!
|=20
| I'm conducting a survey for my college research project and need
| MS office users and I need as much of a response as possible.
|=20
| Under the name question, just put your first name and your last
| initial. I just need it as a separate identifier. if you have a
| handle that you use in the newsgroup, feel free to use that, too.=20
| There is no personal information asked for.
|=20
| Here's the link: http://www.summitcadd.com/ms_word_survey.htm
|  Thanks,
|=20
|  John
0
MillyS (3228)
11/19/2006 3:18:35 AM
Outlook is an Office product. Isn't it?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
And will you please stop spamming the news groups!!!

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, John asked:

| Hi All!
|
| I'm conducting a survey for my college research project and need
| MS office users and I need as much of a response as possible.
|
| Under the name question, just put your first name and your last
| initial. I just need it as a separate identifier. if you have a
| handle that you use in the newsgroup, feel free to use that, too.
| There is no personal information asked for.
|
| Here's the link: http://www.summitcadd.com/ms_word_survey.htm
|  Thanks,
|
|  John

0
jprovetto (3)
11/19/2006 3:50:52 AM
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:20:47 -0500, "John" <jprovetto@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Hi All!
>
>I'm conducting a survey for my college research project and need responses.
>It's for
>MS office users and I need as much of a response as possible.
>
>Under the name question, just put your first name and your last initial. I
>just need it as a separate identifier. if you have a handle that you use in
>the newsgroup, feel free to use that, too.  There is no personal information
>asked for.
>
>Here's the link: http://www.summitcadd.com/ms_word_survey.htm
>  Thanks,

The first "Choose one" option is not a valid selection - the survey is flawed.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/stevesig.htm
From: "John" <jprovetto@earthlink.net>

| but why would you want to?

Because EVERYONE lies in surveys and your survey makes it so easy.  Thus your results will
be skewed.

Didn't you have a statistics course yet ?

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

0
David

Out of Office #8
We have a Windows 2000 Small Business Server. The problem is when we set the Out-of-office Assistant (oooa) on a client computer, the message in the 'Auto Reply' field isn't retained, however the oooa remains active? We are using Outlook 2002 (XP) as the default email program, and Symantec Multi-Tier Protection if this helps. This behaviour is consistent on all the client pc's we have tried. There seems to be nothing available to support this problem? Can anyone please help? Thank you, Dean Spencer ...

Project Queue
My users have today reported that they cannot access \pwa, they get the really helpful message "An unexpected error has occurred." Ive looked in the event viewer and see the 2 following events that keep appearing,(note that queue service is running and has not stopped) Cannot start queue. SSP: 0d5a81f7-545d-48c2-836b-17734ff769fc SiteUID: fc6a5a81-933f-4f77-9448-adf152c774d2 Url: Queue: ProjectQ - Event 7626 Cannot start queue. SSP: 0d5a81f7-545d-48c2-836b-17734ff769fc SiteUID: fc6a5a81-933f-4f77-9448-adf152c774d2 Url: Queue: TimesheetQ - Event 7626 any ideas h...

Can not send emails between crm users with the website email activity
I can send emails to other domains, there are no problems. But, if I want to send emails to other CRM users I cant do this. They get no error message or other. This is only with the Website email activity. Has anybody an idea? "If I want to send emails to other CRM users I cant do this"...does other CRM mean, as in Goldmine etc etc or other MS CRM users... If its the latter (MS CRM users), do check if the contacts have a primary email address. If thats there, then while selecting the contacts and sending the mail...click the TO button and verify if the email ID's are proper...

A college transcript template in Excel
Does anyone know of a college transcipt template in Excel to use for small colleges. We are a small college and can not afford some big dollar program. I have found a excel transcipt for high school, but no luck with college yet. Can anyone help? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&...

MS CRM security 06-29-07
hi, Can Employees access to the system can temporarily deactivated? 2. How the security is setup when crossing multiple organisation? and mulitple hierarchy level? yes you can disable users temporarily. Open up their CRM user profile, and on the Actions menu you will see an option to disable the user. When you are ready to re-activate the user, the steps are the same. you cannot cross multiple organizations. the organization is the top-most level in the CRM security structure; under the Organization, you can have an unlimited number of business units. I suggest you read the implemen...

MS money 98
Could anyone please tell me whether I can install my old Money 98 lin MS Windows xp with Office xp? -- briang57nospam@hotmail.com Yes, you can. "BrianG" <briang57nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:m_zpb.4092$lm1.22651@wards.force9.net... > Could anyone please tell me whether I can install my old Money 98 lin MS > Windows xp with Office xp? > -- > briang57nospam@hotmail.com > > ...

Project Accounting: Project Closing
I created a Time & Material Project and set Accounting Method to When billed but when I bill the project it does not perform any "Revenue Recognition" transaction. What could be the possible problem?? please call hassan bukhari (expert in project accounting) "GP_GuY" wrote: > I created a Time & Material Project and set Accounting Method to When billed > but when I bill the project it does not perform any "Revenue Recognition" > transaction. What could be the possible problem?? > > > Why not Sajid Bhai ;) "qurat&qu...

Linking projects
I have copied 5 tasks from a project and linked them in a consolidated project using the 'Paste Special' command. This almost works well because any changes I make to the tasks in the original project are reflected in the consolidated project except the % complete shown in the indicators column. For some reason, when I make any changes to the % complete in the original project, the changes arent reflected in the consolidated project (and vice versa). I'm presuming that % complete should be updated like any other field therefore any help would be appreciated. -- sho...

Want to know if there is a canned project summary format that I can use/customize #2
Hi Debra, Thanks for the tip. I found some very interesting templates there However, I didn't find any that suits my needs. I will continue t search for that -- ssaiba ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ssaibal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1493 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26567 ...

i bought a college book and the key that came with it and also vi.
i had to buy a book set for college and it came with this Visio pro 2003 and the key... but the professor said it was the full version and its a trial version... i thought the key would activate the trial version but it dosn't work???? i dont know if its ment to be a trial or not... but i need the programe for more then 60 Days!! for the class The professor should be able to point you to a local resource at the college where you can buy Visio, perhaps at great discount. Otherwise, buy it where you normally buy software. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Louis S wro...

Remove ActiveX from project
Hi, It's possible to add an ActiveX control in an MFC Exe project via: Project/Add to Project.../Components and Controls But there isn't a 'remove' menu item: Project/REMOVE FROM Project.../Components and Controls How do I remove an ActiveX from my app project? TIA. ...

How can I give another users rights in a mailbox
I am an administrator on Exchange 2003. Can I give on the server another users rights in another mailbox. For example a helpdesk mailbox. Thanks I guess what you are asking is can you give these rights without logging in as the user...Yep.Open the users properties and click on Exch advanced...mailbox rights...add the account you want to access the mailbox and click full mailbox access rights. If this person is a domain admin you will have to give the send as and receive as rights which is available on the security tab of the same user. To access the mailbox, the user given the rights has...

Office Outlook #2
when i close Microsoft Office Outlook freeze and stay in task Ichuka-- I'm not sure what you mean by freeze--do you mean it's frozen on the screen and you can't move it and your CPU maxes out, or that you can go on and use your computer efficiently, but when you open up Task Manager, Outlook is still running in the background. Also what version do you have? I have noticed that often when someone has a PDA docked, that Outlook will continue some of the time but not always to run in the background (show up on Task Manager but not visibly on the desktop or minimized to th...

Create an "alias" address to send from, for a user's mailbox
We have an Exchange 2003 server One of the users address is: admin@domain.com The problem is that some SPAM engines, don't like the "admin" part. We need to create an alias, let say "response" and use this as the REPLY address. Mail will then be send from admin@domain, and will be received, as it was sent from admin@domain. ONLY the reply address should be "response@domain" I know Outlook with normal POP3 mail can do this. Anyway in Exchange to set this up? On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:28:02 -0800, Rupert <Rupert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

College Info
In Lifetime Planner there is an option to select a State College. In 2004D, I got a "missing/corrupt" file msg. In 2005 Deluxe, no error msg, and no info of colleges. any thoughts thanks, Scott ...

Experiences with MSCRM for project management?
Anyone find that this is possible in a good way? How do you organize projects in MSCRM? Can you have projects within projects? For instance: A software development project with smaller sub-projects organized within. A hierarchy. Any views? -- ________________________ Rolf Barbakken @ Questus ans Technical Supervisor Web: http://www.questus.no Out of the box this is difficult to achieve - as you will need to create a new database table (or several depending upon the complexity) in which to store Project information. Ideally you really want a new button on the list of account side ta...

HELP! ReInstalling Installing Office X
Haven't run Office X since my big crash and switchover 2 years ago. (Now I usually run Office 2003 on a PC). Trying to Install my old Office X Upgrade on my G5; it asks where the original (Office 98) is, then when I show it the folder, it won't recognize it. Tried this several ways. OS 10.3.9 here. Any help greatly appreciated! ...

enforce user change their password every 30 days
Hi we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30 days? Thanks Set this in the user setup window against the advanced sql server options. You need to have a Windows Server 2003 domain for this to work - if you don't have this, then the option will be grayed out. I believe SQL Server just enforces the Windows domain password policy, so I think you would need to set that to password change every 30 days. "mecn" wrote: > Hi > > we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30 > days? > > Than...

MS/ Publication- 6x9 postcard template?
I have a supplier who gave me a 6x9 post card. One side it has advertising and on its back side its ready to print, on local printer. I can't seem to find a postcard template with those dimensions. Can anyone direct me to a template with those dimensions? Thank Setup your printer first, input 9" wide, 6" high, landscape. Most printers accept custom settings. Once your printer is setup click custom in the page setup, Publisher should reflect the printer setup settings. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft...

Unable to create mailbox for new users
Hi there, I have a problem on mailbox enable a user on Active Directory. We are running Exchange 5.5/2003 in Mixed Mode. Me, as a domain admin, can create mailbox or move mailbox for a user and assign it to and Exchange 5.5 or 2003. However, our Helpdesk staff do not have the option. When they check the "Create an Exchange mailbox" option, the Server field is empty and the Next button is gray out. I can't figure out what permissions we need to give to the Helpdesk staff for this operation. Right now, they have to create the user account on AD and create the mailbox ...

Task Based Reports across Project Server projects/resources
Trying to figure out the easiest way to build a report that shows all tasks that are coming up due within a time period (say 2 weeks) across the server. We have at least 100 active projects, so the report could likely have 500+ tasks. Thanks. -- John Loader You probably want to post this to the Server group....that being said, SSRS is probably your answer. Check out the two Reporting Packs that have been released to see if they provide a template for you. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Trying to figure out the easiest way to build ...

Struggling with MS Query...
I am learning about MS Query from a book. I am falling at the first hurdle... I have an Excel file on my desktop that I want to be able to query. It contains list of numbers with column headers (i.e. your standard table layout) As I understand it, I need to specify that Excel file as a data source. So I select <New Database Query> and get the <Choose Data Source> dialog box. Now I get confused... I have tried using <New Data Source>. Here I get a list of 'drivers' to select from. I selected 'Excel Driver'as the most obvious (as I want to query an Exc...

outgoing Alias different from user name
I want to create an email account for a temporary user with the email different to the user name. I created a new (primary) email for the user with the alias that I wanted to use which is fine for incoming emials, but not for outgoing. The outgoing emails still show the User name not the Alias. Is there a way to create an email alias that shows up in the outbound emails? Thanks, Merc On 13 Jul 2006 03:57:26 -0700, MERCUTIO_16@HOTMAIL.COM wrote: >I want to create an email account for a temporary user with the email >different to the user name. >I created a new (primary) email for ...

MS Word Mail Merge Wizard and Excel
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3A7AA.C2BC11D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using Office 2002. I am using the Mail Merge Wizard in MS Word = (Tools/Letters & Mailing/Mail Merge Wizard) to create a bunch of = letters. I have all the text data in an Excel worksheet. It is very = easy to use Word to merge the two together. My problem is that some of = cells have multiple line spaces between paragraphs. The word document = does not pick up the line spaces. An examp...

509k college plan
Can somebody tell me what is the best way to set up a 509k college plan in Money? I somewhat have an idea but am unsure. ...