Client CPU 100% memory inc 4KB

I have a client running WinXP Pro Outlook 2002 (setup test machine same issue) connecting to Exchange2000.
Symptoms - Open Outlook reminders popup CPU100% forever, Open received meeting request click any response 'tentative, accept, reject' same issue.
PROBLEM DOES NOT OCCUR WHEN USING OWA.....
I noticed that the Outlook.exe process in task manager at 98-100% initial memory level normal, then increases by 10KB after a few minutes memory increases by 4KB every few seconds.
I let it go for several hours memory continued to increased, outlook still appears hung no change in Exchange server performance (I have little access to Exchange server - political).
It appears to be calendar/meeting request related yet no luck on TIDs for this issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Charles
charles_morin@hotmail.com
0
Charles (140)

See if it also happens in safe mode; Start-> Run-> "path to outlook.exe"
/safe
If not you should start troubleshooting by disabling add-ins and enable them
one by one.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a client running WinXP Pro Outlook 2002 (setup test machine same
>issue) connecting to Exchange2000.
> Symptoms - Open Outlook reminders popup CPU100% forever, Open received
> meeting request click any response 'tentative, accept, reject' same issue.
> PROBLEM DOES NOT OCCUR WHEN USING OWA.....
> I noticed that the Outlook.exe process in task manager at 98-100% initial
> memory level normal, then increases by 10KB after a few minutes memory
> increases by 4KB every few seconds.
> I let it go for several hours memory continued to increased, outlook still
> appears hung no change in Exchange server performance (I have little
> access to Exchange server - political).
> It appears to be calendar/meeting request related yet no luck on TIDs for
> this issue.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
> Charles
> charles_morin@hotmail.com

0
Roady

Outlook 2002 Crashes on "Big Memory" System
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C44FDA.12E35650 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've run Outlook 2002 since it came out, but recently encountered an = exasperaing problem when I installed it on my new system (Abit IC7-MAX3 = motherboard, P4-3.0, 1 GB RAM) which has two users (both = administrators). If one user runs Outlook, then when the second user runs it, it crashes = with the error message labelled, "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library", = and stating, "Run...

Soap client
Hello. How could I consume Web services created using c# with soap client written on c++6.0 ? I can't use .net on client app. Thanks in advance. Look for the COM-based SOAP Toolkit on the MSDN download web site [0]. Check out the MSDN Library [1] for some articles on interoperability issues. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor [0] http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/948/msdncompositedoc.xml [1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library "Ulan" <usametov@hotmail.com> wrote in messa...

Installing multiple Sales for Outlook clients
Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or must all clents be installed MANUALLY? jorgen.b Jorgen Many have trid to figure this out but I have not heard of anyone having any success with automating the install of SFO. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 18 Jan 2005 05:08:49 -0800, "jorgen.b" <lunarleaper@yahoo.com> wrote: Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or ...

HQ Client Server over VPN
In the HQ Client configuration, many of you state that the IP address should be entered for the remote server address in stead of server name. Which IP address is that when you are connecting from a laptop(HQ server) to PC inside the store (HQ client) over VPN? I could be accessing from home or Starbucks and the IP on the laptop changes. Also, since I connect to 2 stores, each store network assigns a different DHCP Ip to the laptop when connected via laptop. ...

Block attachment size at Client
hi Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment document which is more than 5MB? thanks "gbkhor" wrote in message news:OfmjM8pVIHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment > document which is more than 5MB? Sure. As the mail admin, you should be able to configure what is the maximum size of your customer's e-mails. gbkhor <gbkhor@time.net.my> wrote: > Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment > document which is more than 5MB? You may be able to ...

Outlook 2003 not default MAPI client
I can't get Outlook 2003 set as my default MAPI client. I have answered "yes" when Outlook asks me if I want it to be the default email program, and I have set Outlook as the email program in Internet Explorer (under Tools|Internet Options|Programs). But still, when I click on a link in a browser windows such as someone@microsoft.com, up pops Outlook Express asking if I want it to be the default program. How can I set things so that when I click an email link, I get Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express? Many thanks for your help! Check the file associations for URL:MailTo Proto...

Installing RMS SP2 on W2K domain controller & clients
Just wanted to know in advance if this is ok. The RMS SP2 directions are very general re: computers, so I assume it doesnt matter, but our server install of RMS is running on a W2Ksp4 DC, with SQL ServerSP2. Dont want to break anything, so any insights are appreciated. The desktops are either XPsp1A or W2K sp3 /sp4. XPsp2 still is causing others hedaches, and really dont want to deal with it right now, have not installed it yet. Thanks Also, our server install is in a data path E:\PROG FILES\MSFT RMS\ETC, not on the C: partition. Is this an issue? I have read the post below re: 10 st...

Out of memory
I can't expand folders in Outlook. Any fixes? It says out of memory. Not enough details to work with. Please provide the following: Outlook version Type of mail account O/S RAM What else is running at the time you see the error What troubleshooting you've done "Mikereno" <Mikereno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D47BF34-E098-46C0-B399-A98B091160D4@microsoft.com... > I can't expand folders in Outlook. Any fixes? It says out of memory. ...

4.0 Client Config error
The Client config returns an error with this in the server log; Exception information: Exception type: HttpParseException Exception message: Could not create type 'Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Crm2007.CrmDiscoveryServiceAD'. Request information: Request URL: http://toshiba2002:5555/MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx Request path: /MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx The web client works OK, and I also get this same error when I try to connect the DMManager. The Server is SBE. Any ideas? -- Thanx Grizz Dear see this http://support.micros...

Outlook Client: Syncronise other peoples calendars
Hi, Is it possible to let the Outlook client bring in other peoples appointments in CRM. We want all our sales team to see all appointments in Outlook, We this to happen by default rather than having to add attendees each time. -- Thanks in advance Chris ...

MSCRM 3.0 Emails Not Sent from Laptop Client.. Works from Web Client
I'm attempting to chase down an issue with e-mail here. For some reason, our users using the Laptop client are experiencing an issue where after sending an e-mail through the E-Mail Activity, the e-mail appears properly in the History window, but the recipients never receive the message. >From the web client, this works without issue. I tested using both clients sending an e-mail activity to myself at both my internal corporate e-mail address and to my Gmail address. Both the e-mails from the web client arrived in their respective inboxes, the 2 sent from the laptop client did not. ...

Client Server using TCP/IP
Hi there... I want to write a small utility. It should be front- and backend running on different machines. I don't want to handle error correction or timeouts by myself. Communication is TCP/IP. How could I easyly do the communication? CSocket or something else. Thanks in advance Stefan "Stefan Kittel" <stefan.doofnase.kittel.NoSpam@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OFsMb9ijFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi there... > > I want to write a small utility. > It should be front- and backend running on different machines. > > I don't want to...

Outlook Laptop Client not functioning while other client working f
I have a new CRM3.0 Professional installation. Single server on win2k3 with sql 2000 with all service packs and patches. Multiple Windows XP Professional domain PCs also up to date on SP and patches. Runs under the Network Service account All of them are exhibiting the same behavior: The Web Client works flawlessly The Outlook Desktop (online) client works flawlessly The Outlook Laptop (offline/online) client doesnt. What happens is that when you start outlook with the laptop client you get a CRM login prompt. At that login prompt, I have tried SHORTDOMAIN\user user and user@DOMAIN.COM .....

Add a REAL Outlook Client (rich client)
I believe MSFT is missing the boat on the implmenting a web only CRM solution. With the richness and market share of MS Outlook, using this product is slow, cumbersome, an frustrating compared to using Outlook applications. I know that if Microsoft could offer a rich/smart client version of CRM that has the rich UI like the rest of Outlook there would be no stopping it. The current product requires many clicks to accomplish a single task, let alone a series of task such as acting on a scheduled call activity, you need to: 1. Look up activity 2. click on the activity to view it 3. ...

Client Protection Path selection
I've just started using the RC of DPM 2010 and I am really impressed.. I looked at the first release of DPM years ago and found it took more management time than our old Backup solution, but so far this week I have been able to backup all my servers with only a few teething problems (read my lack of reading the manual)... One question I have relates to Client Protection... in the dialog asking for what directories to include/exclude there is a list of common directories, is there a list of what physically directories are included in each of these groups... I could of cours...

Outlook 2002 client #3
I have a 2002 pop client that receives a server time out error when trying to send an original email. All the account tests come back as completed and I receive the test email. It will forward and reply with no problem. Any suggestions? ...

ActiveX custom properties not browsed by clients
Hi All, I've an ActiveX control in ATL which has a few properties; one stock and two custom. I host the control into MS Excel and then from the context menu [on the control] hit Properties option, Excel's Properties browser opens. My problem is that for some reason the custom properties are not listed in that window but the stock property is. Do you know how to make a custom property appear in such a browser. [Note that the Property Pages are working OK; the problem is in Excel's own Properties browser.] The property map looks like this; BEGIN_PROP_MAP(CMyControl) .... PRO...

Outlook Client Cannot Authenticate to Exchange Server 2000
Hi All, I'm having a connection problem to my exchange server from my outlook. I have noticed, someone else got this same issue on one of the forum, but without a solution. Here's my problem in detail. I (user1) have Windows XP pro with SP1, I can authenticated to my domain without any problem. When Outlook XP is launched, the system prompts for the user id. I key the username and password, and the system responds that the logon information is incorrect, check the username, password or domain. This occurs on any id entered, including the administrator. I have not found anything that...

Outlook client missing some browser client functions
Is anyone missing some functions between outlook client and the browser client. For example I can manage members to marketing lists from the browser client but not the outlook client and there are some minor issues with other features that I can use with the browser and not the outlook client, is there an issue here or is there a solution (or is this supposed to work this was?) T.I.A Hey Seand, There are a few features that the outlook client does not have. They are best outlined in the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide. The best example I have seen is you can only manage setting...

100% removal of Office 2008 Home and Student to allow Business Edition upgrade?

Rollup 6 Server and Client can be installed at different times, ri
It's my understanding that I can install Rollup 6 server, then later (days? weeks?) I can install the client version. I've been looking through KB 970148 to confirm this understanding but don't see anything. Have you installed the server and client rollups and different times? You can install rollups in any order. We have lots of workstation without any rollup and different rollup levels all around the world even server is updated already to Rollup6 level. br Jukka M "Avogadro" wrote: > It's my understanding that I can install Rollup 6 server, then later...

Outlook Anywhere Client Settings
Is there any way to auto populate these settings in outlook? I have it currently configured and running on our Exchange 2007 envirnoment 100%. SSL cert is installed with SAN as well. Do you have autodiscover published to DNS? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What...

the client computer wmi datastore might be corrupted
in the SBS Console I recieve security errors for some of my computers. going to the security tab and selecting "view summary of virus protection for file system" the error next to the computers in question is: the client computer wmi datastore might be corrupted. information for virus protection for the file system cannot be collected from the security center the client machines in question are Windows XP Professional, but does not affect all of them. the Anti Virus software installed on all clients is Sophos. How can I fix this problem? thanks ...

Outlook client and web client on same machine
Is it possible to use both on the same computer, I have heard from a crm consultant that if both web and outlook are installed on the same computer that you may have issues, can anyone confirm? Thank you We have been using both the Outlook client and Web client of CRM for several years, and have not experienced any problems. They are mutually exclusive of one another. The Outlook client is necessary if you want to do Mail Merges, but the Web client runs a little faster and smoother. "abagnoud" wrote: > Is it possible to use both on the same computer, I have heard from a ...

Domain Trusts and the SFO Client
Hi; Does anyone have a definitive answer on the types of trust required when installing the SFO Client into a domain other than the CRM domain? Does it require a trust at all, and if so can it be a one-way (the CRM domain trusting the non-CRM domain) or must it be a two-way? I've read a lot of conflicting posts and have my own opinion, but just wondering if there is an 'official' stance on this? Thanks very much, Dave Ireland Salentica Systems Inc. ------=_NextPart_0001_5AD4E092 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Dave~ You should be able to s...