Clicking on a hyperlink in outlook results in both IE and Mozilla opening the page...

This just recently started happening...anyone else experiencing this or
know what the solution is?
0
Pegleg (19)

Outlook Views Disappear
I have setup a number of custom views in Outlook at work. They are always there when I first start Outlook but after a while, they disappear. Strange part is that maybe 1 or two of my custom views will show but the rest are gone. I have to close outlook and restart to get them back. Vicious circle. Anyone else seen this type of behavior. If so please respond to thulj@express-scripts.com Thanks Joe ...

unable to open hyperlinks in email messages
For the past 2 months, whenever I get an email message which contains a link, I am unable to open the link - instead I get the message "this request was cancelled due to restrictions on this computer - please contact your system administrator." Since this is my home computer and I AM the system administrator and the only user, I don't know what has changed to prevent me from clicking on hyperlinks and having them open. Can anyone offer any suggestions? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm hobo wrote: > For the past 2 months, whenever I ge...

Synchronizing phone with Outlook
Hello all, I'm going to get a phone from Verizon, and want one that will allow me to synchronize my MS Outlook (2002) calendar with the phone's calendar. Do I need Bluetooth? ($$$) Is there free software out there that can do this? I've seen a free program called BitPim, but it doesn't seem to work through Outlook, and it doesn't support a lot of phones. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Rex In article <1121903248.630422.110770@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, rex.eastbourne@gmail.com wrote: > I'm going to get a phone from Verizon, and want one that will allow...

Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac

Outlook 2000 allowed FIRST LAST;FIST LAST Outlook 2003 does not?
In Outlook 2000 I used to be able to enter names first name then last name separated by semicolons. In Outlook 2003 I can only enter names last, first;last, first. I don't think this way. How do I re-enable the old behavior? ...

Saving a Two Page Document as a Web Page
I am a teacher who does my parent newsletters using Publisher. If I have a two page document and try to save it as a web page, it will only save the first page and not the second. How can I save it as a web page so that it saves both pages? I would like to be able to put my parent newsletters on my web page using FrontPage but have been unable to do so. Use the FAQ page at http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 - Q.5 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "S.Lichtenberger" <S.Lichtenberger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

outlook express to outlook
How do you install microsoft and get it working after you have been using outlook express for some time now if anyone has anuy idea please let me know ...

Outlook 2003 Command Line Switches
Hello, I was trying to use some command line switches when starting Outlook to create a new message and I received an error when combining a few switches. This worked in opening a new message with an attachment: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.Exe" /c IPM.Note /a "Foo.Pdf" /NoPollMail This worked in opening a new mail message with the TO name filled in: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.Exe" /c IPM.Note /m john@abc.com /NoPollMail However, when I tried to combine the /a and /m, I received an error about Command Line ...

Microsoft Office Notification app never opens
Right now my office's install of Office 2004 does not come with Entourage (because we want to encourage our users to use another email program) but when you try to save something in word, you never get an audible response to know that it saved sucessfully. Some of our more protective users would really love to get their *DING* back. When I try to open up the Office Notification app it never seems to open, it just bounces up and down, but it never fully opens. Any ideas? I've gone through the normal steps of trying to delete preferences, re-install Office, etc. etc. etc. What you&...

How to distinguish right click from left click forNIN_BALLOONUSERC
Hi, In OnTrayIconNotify, my program process NIN_BALLOONUSERCLICK. According to msdn, NIN_BALLOONUSERCLICK was sent when the balloon is dismissed because of a mouse click. Is it possible to distinguish right mouse click from left mouse click for this message? I want my program to open a new window when user left click on the balloontip but pop up the context menu when user right click on the trayicon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Richard -- Nothing impossible, Nothing easy If you handle it fast enough you could just look at the state of the mouse button when you get the me...

Afraid to Close Outlook!!
Recently switched from Outlook Express to Outlook (Office 2003) I have my email settings to "leave a copy on the server" for 6 days (so I can access via webmail while on the road). Everytime I close Outlook and re-launch it re-downloads all the emails still on the server. How do I change settings so it only downloads each message once and never again? Thanks in advance!!! MZ MZ wrote: > Recently switched from Outlook Express to Outlook (Office 2003) > > I have my email settings to "leave a copy on the server" for 6 days (so > I can access via webmail...

Count and Reset Button Clicks
Hello Experts. I have a Yahtzee game with 2 buttons/2 macros. One button (Roll Dice) rolls the dice (Calculate) and the second button (Next Player) clears all checkboxes on the sheet. However, I'd like to know if there's a way to disable the first button after it's been clicked 3 times, then re-enable it once the second button is clicked and start the count over... Please advise. I thank you for your time. We can use a Global variable to communicate between the two macros: Dim IAmTheCount As Integer Sub FirstButton() If IsEmpty(IAmTheCount) Then I...

Outlook 2003 Junk Rules
I've been running Outlook 2003 with pop since it was released. About a week ago, for no apparent reason, the junk filter stopped working. Now all the junk goes into my inbox. I checked the NG's, and see others are experiencing the same problem, yet there doesn't seem to be a solution. I also checked the net, and Microsoft's site. Nothing found. I've ran Repair, reinstalled, changed the rules from No to Low, back to High. I've got the Service packs and hotfixes installed. In other words, I've tried all of the microwave solutions. Nothing has worked. Does anyo...

Outlook XP Freezes Upon Opening as a Result of a Large Inbox File
I tried downloading a 17MB file from my email server and it just caused Outlook XP to freeze up. Now whenever I start Outlook it just freezes. What should I do? Thanks, McClint Downing mcclint_downing@yahoo.com Can you access your ISP's web mail interface and delete that message? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, McClint asked: | I tried downloading a 17MB file from my email server and it just | caused Outlook XP to freeze u...

SOME .docx files open in compatibility mode
Can anyone point me to where I can determine what elements may be causing some DOCX files to open in compatibility mode in word 2007 and word 2010 Beta? What seems strange is that if I open the document, make a change to it and resave it, when re-opened, it will STILL be in compatibility mode. However, if I open the document, do NOT change anything, and then re-save it under a new name and re-open it, then it does NOT open in compatibility mode. All functions and features I use seem to work fine either way including embedded XL spreadsheets. OS: win7Pro32 1.5 GB RAM All fil...

Excel XP: Page Setup Issue
How can I create different page setup options for each worksheet in a workbook? As I change the page setup within one worksheet it changes all of them. Is there a way to do this? Am I missing something obvious Thanks in advance Joe Mathis "Joe Mathis" <jmathis@designworkshop.com> wrote in message news:845FBE98-1D78-49BD-865A-6B3A397A41B9@microsoft.com... > How can I create different page setup options for each worksheet in a workbook? As I change the page setup within one worksheet it changes all of them. Is there a way to do this? Am I missing something obvious? > >...

How to Enable Synchronization when Outlook is offline?
Please set the option "Enable Synchronization when Outlook is offline" in UI inorder to synchronize in Offline mode I was trying to Hot Sync my palm trio 755p with outlook 2003 ...

Creating a form that can be dragged from any click within the 'Detail' section
Hi all, I'm trying to create a dashboard and I want the form to be moveable, however I have removed the control box and I don't want the form to have a border (hence no title row that can be used to drag the form). How do I allow a click from either a control or the detail section to enable the form to be dragged? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers, Bob Phil I agree with your suggestions to stick with the standard Window UI. But if the OP really must have this interface it is possible using the Form's MouseMove etc. events. I and others have posted code how to do this ov...

Outlook and POP 3 Server Not Responding
I have a new Dell desktop with XP Prof, Outlook 2002, Modem BCM V.92 56K, IE 6. Received PC on Aug 19, 2003 and initially was able to receive and send successfuly a couple of messages. Proceeded to install updates to XP and I have not been able to receive nor send ANY messages. I get an error report (0x800421A)and sometimes 0800CCC19: ..."the operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server"...The Outlook "progress report" states that network connection was established, the outgoing mail server was found as well as the incoming mail se...

Email hyperlinks
When I type an email address into a cell, Excel automagically turns i into a mailto: hyperlink. When I copy the email address text fro elsewhere and then paste it into a cell, Excel does not. I know how to make the pasted email address strings into hyperlinks on at a time. The problem is that I have have columns of 150 or so emai addresses that I paste in. (Actually, they are being written in via an ODBC connection - same problem.) The only think I have come up with is devote a second column, say B with B1 having =HYPERLINK(A1), etc. and then paste into (hidden) colum A. Anyone know a wa...

Right mouse click not working
I seem to have turned off my ability to use my right mouse click in Excel. My right mouse button works fine in all other apps (Word, Windows, etc). Any suggestions - I am lost without it. Thanks, Rita See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Rita" <heidkampr@alyeska-pipeline.com> wrote in message news:0e8701c49c1d$cd1c5ff0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I seem to have turned off my ability to use my right > mouse click in Excel. My right mouse button works fine > in all other apps (Word, Windows, etc). > > Any suggestions - I am l...

IMAP and Outlook 2003 #3
Microsoft claims you can configuring Microsoft Outlook to connect to an Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP4) server. I have set up the account in Outlook, but it works poorly. Articles in the knowledge base seem to admit that it works poorly. Is Microsoft attempting to force the use of Exchange? Has anyone had sucess with IMAP and Outlook? If so, how? Which server did you use? Darren <delafieldpc@verizon.net> wrote: > Has anyone had sucess with IMAP and Outlook? Outlook 2003. in my opinion, a poor IMAP client. It works, but it's not really production quality. I unde...

Double Click To Calculate
I have a field where I sometimes need to manually enter an amount but sometimes I need it to calculate an amount based on 2 other fields. I know this is not normalized data but this is how we need to run this particular field. I would like to setup the field to allow me to manually enter data most of the time, but then calculate when I double click. The calculation would be [totalpartsCost]/0.8. I just don't know how to create the code it in the event procedure. In the double click event of the textbox, add the code: me.[yourtextboxname]= [totalpartsCost]/0.8 This assumes totalpartsc...

Why do hyperlinks stop working in Outlook 2000 emails?
Hyperlinks in the messages I receive no longer access their targets on the web. Clicking them fails to work as it used to. I suspect there is some configuration that has chnaged, but I'm aware of doing that and I have been unable find any solution. What happens when you try? Any error message? See if the following solves your issue; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/242 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Que...

Outlook 2003 Additional Mailboxes
I have added an additional mailbox to my profile in OULTOOK. When and email comes in to that account, I open the email then move it to a subfolder of the Inbox for archiving purposes. I want the opened email to remain open but minimized so that I can go back to it when I get a chance. However, in this version of OUTLOOK, it automatically closes the email when I move it over to the subfolder. It did not do this in previous versions of OUTLOOK, and it does not do this with my primary email account in this version. It only does it with the added email account. Is there a setting t...