Clearing Temporary Files

We are having a problem opening an email attachment that is sent daily
using the same name. When opening the attachment the user receives the
following error:

"Can't create file: %filename% Right-click the folder you want to
create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to
check your permissions for the folder."

I know the default location for opening up an email attachment in
Outlook 2002 is "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKxxx". After checking this folder
I verified the attachment was being stored with the name
"%filename%xx". When the numeric appended to the end of the file name
reaches 99 this error message occurs. Because this folder is a
subdirectory of the Temporary Internet files I assumed that by
clearing the Temporary Internet Files using the Internet Options
properties box it would clear these folders also. However, after using
the "Delete Files´┐Ż" button and specifying the "Delete all offline
content" check box the files still remain.

As the user can not drill down in Explorer to this folder even with
Administrative privileges, and the Folder View options changed to Show
Hidden Files and Folders and Hide Protected Operating System Files
turned off I am looking for an easy way for her to clear these
temporary files.

I thought to create a batch file that would clear the OLKxxx
directory, however I can not be certain that this directory will
always have the same name. I could also create a batch file that would
clear her Temporary Internet Files directory, but this seems like
overkill.

Anyone have suggestions on an easy way to clear this folder?

Thanks,
Gabe
0
gjohanns (6)

Gabe <gjohanns@hotmail.com> wrote:

> We are having a problem opening an email attachment that is sent daily
> using the same name. When opening the attachment the user receives the
> following error:

No need to post more than once.  See my response to your first post.
--
Brian Tillman
0

OFX Files
Having problems with automatic import of OFX files from my Credit Union. I can manually import the file, however, there use to be a time whenever I downloaded the OFX file, MS Money would start or if already open, import the downloaded file automatically. Now I have to save it then import it. Also, whenever I download my VISA statement I am prompted to insert MS Money 2001 installation disk to look for a "MSI" file. I no longer have that disk because I am currently using Money 2003. YES >-----Original Message----- >Having problems with automatic import of OFX files from ...

Can't clear print queue
How do I clear the print queue? I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. "Herzl Regev" <HerzlRegev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C416F4-BE1D-4CE5-A865-4F5D0FD3EC57@microsoft.com... > How do I clear the print queue? > I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in > /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. > > The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. What happened when you...

repair of excel file
Hi everyone can direct me about repair an excel file. I can't afford to pay the program that download from the internet. Does anyone know any freeware that can repair my excel file thank you my email is tandrew@bigpond.net.au What error messages are you getting and what have you tried already? "Andrew Tan" <tandrew@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:scNZa.28549$bo1.27838@news-server.bigpond.net.au... : Hi everyone can direct me about repair an excel file. : I can't afford to pay the program that download from the internet. : : Does anyone know any freeware th...

Is .TXF File format possible in Excel or ?
Turbo tax can read data directly in from a .txf file. I don't see this format as a save to in Excel. Is it possible or is there another program that reads excel files and will convert ot .txf ? I think MS money may? It would simplify data entry into TurboTax considerabley. thanks to all! ...

Clear
Due to a malformed e-mail message or other malformed item in the information store, the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service may crash periodically. It happens when a staff try to move his mail from exchange mail box to his personal folders. Now I have to restart the services - Microsoft Exchange Information Store every 1 min. I attempt to clean his mail box (not delete) in the exchange server such that to fix this problem. Can you perform an "online backup" of the information store? If this is successful, then the problem is probably related to the structure of ...

clear the list og "open other users folder"
Hi When you use the open an other user folder, it could be a calendar, the persons name and folder is put into a list under the menu File/Open. I would like to clear that numbered list of folders, does anyone know how to do that? thanks, Rikke ...

Re: Where should be the best place to stored Applcation Data Files?
"Giovanni Dicanio" <gdicanio@_NOSPAM_email_DOT_it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:... > BTW: this post by John Robbins is very interesting reading: > http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/default.aspx copy-and-pasto - the correct link is this: http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2008/07/10/in-defense-of-vista-and-the-challenges-facing-windows-7.aspx Giovanni And then there's this Vista security discussion from last Friday (cool date, 8/8/8): http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/08/1155208 -GB On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:50:23 +0200, ...

delete log files
have a filled up drive- no need for logfiles in this instance circumstance would allow circular logging for next few months, before setting though, need to reclaim space on hdd. how to tell which logfiles I can delete and not hose the db? In news:14ABD827-B264-4626-8970-20E5578A4053@microsoft.com, AlexandrDiogenes@hotmail.com <AlexandrDiogeneshotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > have a filled up drive- no need for logfiles in this instance > circumstance would allow circular logging for next few months, before > setting though, need to reclaim space on hdd. how ...

Clear data from pivot table
Hello all. Usually when building a pivot table report I throw the data sets in the pivot table a few times to find the best way to show data. So I wonder - is there a way to quickly erase all the data sets so the pivot table is again empty as just being created (so I do not have to select each data set and remove it? Macro or some other trick? The closest I got to the answer was the idea to just create another pivot table from the original data=85but it would be so much easier to click a button and all the data is cleared from the pivot table. Thank you as always people! In Excel 2007 ther...

How to send a Publisher file via e-mail
I would like to be able to send flyers (made with Publisher 2000) via e-mail to our clients but many recipients do not have publisher in order to open the attachment. does anyone have any suggestions? PDF is the way to do it. No other satisfactory method. -- Might be the simplistic answer but.... Convert then to PDF first. ther's no reader available for Publisher but Adobe Acrobat is free everywhere. -- Best Regards, Bill Frost. Liverpool. U.K. (Outgoing mail Virus checked by Norton AV 2002) "Cathy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21...

Clear outlook and reset for new user
I'm at a new job. I got the fired guy's work station. How do I clear everything out of MS Outlook and reset it for my own use? Start with a new mail profile; Control Panel-> Mail-> Show Profiles For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm Starting with a new user account would also clear the rest of his settings for the entire Windows environment and configured applications. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

"Personal file could not be found"
I've been using Outlook 2000 for a couple of years. After downloading a set of Microsoft updates, including one for Outlook, I am now recieving an error message stating that my personal file can not be found. I have done a search for .pst file but have not found any associated files. Any ideas on where the old files might be? Any ideas on how to avoid this in the future? Thanks in advance! Rachel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've been using Outlook 2000 for a couple of years. > After downloading a set of Microsoft updates, including > o...

clear 1099 history
any one have any scripts to clear 1099 history by vendor or vendor class? Current Year UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99AYTD = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' Life to Date UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99ALIF = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' UPDATE PM00202 SET TEN99ALIF = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' Last Year UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99ALYR = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' PM00201 is the PM Vendor Master Summary, PM00202 is the PM Vendor Master Period Summary. Life to Date amounts are stored in both tables. Current Year and Last Ye...

Clear a worksheet without clearing formulas?
Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i need a blank worksheet with the formulas still intact. doodah, try this, Edit, go to, special, constants, OK, delete -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "doodah" <doodah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:938DD5AB-A704-4C9C-93EE-772ADA2BD872@microsoft.com... > Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i...

To clear the Open Other User's Folder list & To clear the Find a Contact list
What registry key would apply for Outlook 2007 for each catagory? To clear the Open Other User's Folder list ... The first article explains how to get to the right point in the registry. The second article explains what value to look for (101e0390) once you get to the right key in the right profile. It was written for Outlook 2000, but applies to Outlook 2002 as well (Outlook 2002 being version 10.0 instead of 9.0). To clear the Open Other Users folders MRU in Outlook 2003, follow the steps for Outlook 2000 but look for the binary value101f0390 To clear the Find a Contact list .....

rules file
Does anyone know a method to change the default path where outlook saves the rules? Outlook creates a file "Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings.RWZ" in "C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook". I need to change that path. Is there any method to do that? Thanks any help would be extremely grateful I don't believe you can change that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Michela Bon...

The Tracking Database File is Corruped c1032750
Hi When I use the message tracking centre I get the error c1032750 I suspect this is due to our server crashing earlier this week. How can I get my message tracking back online? Thanks B On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:49:46 +0100, "Ben" <Ben@Newsgroups.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >When I use the message tracking centre I get the error c1032750 > >I suspect this is due to our server crashing earlier this week. > >How can I get my message tracking back online? > >Thanks >B > Can you move the log files to another spot? If you run chkdsk, does it r...

Error when sending a MDE file??
I am trying to send an MDE file via email or using a website like "YOU SEnd IT". I have tried both zipped and unzipped. My issue is that when I run it on the new pc, I get an error "expression on click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: there was a problem accessing a property or method of the OLE object" I am novice access user and would jsut like others to be able to use this application, can someone please help. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! I'd first check all of the options on the new PC trying to run the MDE file and ensure tha...

Conversion of .mny files to ,qif files for accountant
My CPA ( not too bright) says he needs qui files for his tax programe. i have downloaded triaof Quicken but the converter program does not work. suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, camberry wrote: >My CPA ( not too bright) says he needs qui files for his tax programe. >i have downloaded triaof Quicken but the converter program does not work. >suggestions? Microsoft Money can make QIF files. File->Export.... "camberry" <camberry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6DEE30C-D316-46C6-8A57-2CB479ABD451@microsoft.com... > My CPA ( not too brigh...

Opening Microsoft works files with excel
I recently recieved a microsoft works (.wks) file from a client and could not get it to open using excel. How should I tell him to save the file so that excel will recognize his spread sheet? He can save it as an Excel file, which you'll be able to open. Or, he can save it in Works for Windows 2.0 format. Don wrote: > I recently recieved a microsoft works (.wks) file from a > client and could not get it to open using excel. > How should I tell him to save the file so that excel will > recognize his spread sheet? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List htt...

combining files to common template
Hi Guys & Gals Customer Supplied .pub2k (2)files in business card format. would like to copy and paste to a 4-out each layout on 8.5 x 11 sheet. copied & pasted ok on first item, second item as well. selected all to group, copy & paste to step-and repeat and all personal info reverted to second item's.. such that i now have 4 identical cards. any suggestions? -- "Display tolerance & kindness to those with less knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS someone with more" You need to get rid of the personal info links. They are nice for "personal"...

Recover Excel file
Hi Can anybody help me recover an Excel document that was corrupted by a HDD crash? If you ever stop posting this problem long enough to check proposed solutions, you could post a link to the file. Perhaps someone would have a look at it. DO NOT post to the ng. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Peter Downes" <pjtdownes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bmkdjg$1csr$1@newsreader02.ops.uunet.co.za... > Hi Can anybody help me recover an Excel document that was corrupted by a HDD > crash? > > ...

How to select multiple files in a folder
I'd like to be able to select multiple files like I used to without using the check boxes. Please tell me how? PeoplesChoice@Chicago.net wrote: > I'd like to be able to select multiple files like I used to without > using the check boxes. Please tell me how? Hold down CTRL (for selecting throughout a list in no particular order) or SHIFT (sequential selection.) -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html From: <PeoplesChoice@Chicago.net> | I'd like to be able to ...

new mail rule: Clear Categories on mail (recommended)
I use OL 2003 and I have lots of rules to sort email into folders. I use this facility to keep all my messages from different lists and groups separate from each other. The other day I was editing this list and noticed a new rule at the very top of the window: Clear categories on mail (recommended) I KNOW I never added this rule. Nor can I edit/ modify / delete it. Can anyone tell me what this rule does? When I tried to uncheck the checkbox, that operation failed. This rule no text in the Rule Description window, so I have no idea what it is doing. When I select this rule, the X-Dele...

Huge file size
I have a excel file that has all of a sudden grown to a huge size 19,278,336 . It is stock market data with a worksheet for each year of data (1968 to 2004). So 35 worksheets. For years it has always run about 1.8 meg. Just this year it has all of a sudden grown with no real difference in the data I add each day. Each row has 9 columns of data advances, declines, etc. There are 21 columns that make calculations based on the preceding 9 columns. But years 1968 - 2003 just have data, not formulas. I converted the cells to numbers from formulas. And I had several charts, but I de...