Clearing names in AutoComplete

I have the AutoComplete feature turned on in Outlook
2002.  However one of the names/address that it resolves
to is incorrect.  Where are these names stored and is
there a way to edit them. (i.e. I type in John Doe and it
enters the emaill address jon.doe@abc.com, but I need to
change the email address to john.doe@abc.com)  These are
not entries that are in contacts they are just names of
people that I have sent emails to in the past.  Any
thoughts?

Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting
the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to
migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of
the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q287623

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Jason" <jason.nies@gpmlaw.com> wrote in message
> I have the AutoComplete feature turned on in Outlook
> 2002.  However one of the names/address that it resolves
> to is incorrect.  Where are these names stored and is
> there a way to edit them. (i.e. I type in John Doe and it
> enters the emaill address jon.doe@abc.com, but I need to
> change the email address to john.doe@abc.com)  These are
> not entries that are in contacts they are just names of
> people that I have sent emails to in the past.  Any
> thoughts?

0
russval (3097)

Is It Possible To Dynamically Name Series?
I was wondering if Excel will allow a series name to be dynamic? For example, ="30-Day Target, (" + sheetname!cell + ")" where sheetname!.cell value is a date to yield a Series Name = 30-Day Target, (mm.dd.yyyy) I hope this question is clear. Thank you in advance for your help. -- MJ First, create that string in a cell. Use the Text function to format your date in that string. Then, in the usual dialog with the chart's Source data, click that cell as the Series name. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "MJ" wrote: >...

Any disk utilities to correct overly long file names/folder paths?
Hello, A company I work with has many folders nested within subfolders, within subfolders with really long folder names that when you go all the way to the end exceed 255 characters. Robocopy, richtools, etc all fail when copying these really long folder paths and file names. Is there any utility I can run to correct these or at least identify all of them? I need to copy a 4TB volume and it keeps failing. I can't have the server offline for too long and I can't wait for it to fail to fix all of them. Thanks Hello boe, Never had problems when using robocop...

Printing emails from Outlook
When I print emails from outlook attachment names do not come out. For example instead of showing the Word icon with 'document1.doc' underneath it (as it appears on screen), the printed page will show the Word icon with a series of random characters (such as squares, arrows, + signs and x's) underneath it Anyone know how to fix this Thanks I have the same question. I submitted an official question to the MSDN site. Hope we get a response. This may have been an oversight; too important a feature to just drop. I figure it will be fixed in next bugfix. John >-----Origin...

Can't clear print queue
How do I clear the print queue? I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. "Herzl Regev" <HerzlRegev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C416F4-BE1D-4CE5-A865-4F5D0FD3EC57@microsoft.com... > How do I clear the print queue? > I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in > /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. > > The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. What happened when you...

Clear
Due to a malformed e-mail message or other malformed item in the information store, the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service may crash periodically. It happens when a staff try to move his mail from exchange mail box to his personal folders. Now I have to restart the services - Microsoft Exchange Information Store every 1 min. I attempt to clean his mail box (not delete) in the exchange server such that to fix this problem. Can you perform an "online backup" of the information store? If this is successful, then the problem is probably related to the structure of ...

Prodcuts Suppliers Name
Was surprised to find that the supplies name field in products wasn't a lookup to accounts. Seemed natural that if you ahd a supplier they would have an account in the CRM? So decided to add a new filed Supplier_N and make it a lookup from accounts but can't seem to see how. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks ...

clear the list og "open other users folder"
Hi When you use the open an other user folder, it could be a calendar, the persons name and folder is put into a list under the menu File/Open. I would like to clear that numbered list of folders, does anyone know how to do that? thanks, Rikke ...

Clear data from pivot table
Hello all. Usually when building a pivot table report I throw the data sets in the pivot table a few times to find the best way to show data. So I wonder - is there a way to quickly erase all the data sets so the pivot table is again empty as just being created (so I do not have to select each data set and remove it? Macro or some other trick? The closest I got to the answer was the idea to just create another pivot table from the original data=85but it would be so much easier to click a button and all the data is cleared from the pivot table. Thank you as always people! In Excel 2007 ther...

inserts <name> into edited reply/fwd
Outlook inserts a <name> into the text I am trying to edit in a reply or forward. Sometimes, it will just add the text in a new font/color. Others, it is very doggone determined to insert <myname> in those brackets every place I put the cursor to change/add text and will not erase it. I'm not certain which name it is picking or why; nor is it clear why it happens sporadically. I am using Outlook 2000 with Win 2000 at work and Win 98SE at home. Others in my office experiencing same problem are using Win XP and Office XP Pro. How can I make it stop this behavior, ...

Clear outlook and reset for new user
I'm at a new job. I got the fired guy's work station. How do I clear everything out of MS Outlook and reset it for my own use? Start with a new mail profile; Control Panel-> Mail-> Show Profiles For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm Starting with a new user account would also clear the rest of his settings for the entire Windows environment and configured applications. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

clear 1099 history
any one have any scripts to clear 1099 history by vendor or vendor class? Current Year UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99AYTD = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' Life to Date UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99ALIF = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' UPDATE PM00202 SET TEN99ALIF = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' Last Year UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99ALYR = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' PM00201 is the PM Vendor Master Summary, PM00202 is the PM Vendor Master Period Summary. Life to Date amounts are stored in both tables. Current Year and Last Ye...

auto display name in shared calendar
We have set up a shared calendar in the Excahnge public folder area on which each employee will begin to record when they are in/out - on vacation etc... This will enable staff to determine who is available and who is not when phone calls come in for them etc... It seems to work fine except that when you create a calendar entry, you always have to enter your name - so that others will know who the entry is for. Is there any way to set it up so that when you create a calendar entry, your name is automatically displayed as the creator of the item on the calendar entry?? Thanks, Brad ...

Clear a worksheet without clearing formulas?
Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i need a blank worksheet with the formulas still intact. doodah, try this, Edit, go to, special, constants, OK, delete -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "doodah" <doodah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:938DD5AB-A704-4C9C-93EE-772ADA2BD872@microsoft.com... > Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i...

To clear the Open Other User's Folder list & To clear the Find a Contact list
What registry key would apply for Outlook 2007 for each catagory? To clear the Open Other User's Folder list ... The first article explains how to get to the right point in the registry. The second article explains what value to look for (101e0390) once you get to the right key in the right profile. It was written for Outlook 2000, but applies to Outlook 2002 as well (Outlook 2002 being version 10.0 instead of 9.0). To clear the Open Other Users folders MRU in Outlook 2003, follow the steps for Outlook 2000 but look for the binary value101f0390 To clear the Find a Contact list .....

Security
Hi, I updated the Salesperson role to have the following Core Records capabilities for Account: Create= User level Read= Organization level Write= User level Delete= None Append= User Append To= User Assign= User Share= User The changes were made a couple weeks ago, and there have been a few iisresets since then. However, each sales guy can still change info on other sales guys' records (Account Name, etc.). Any tips on where to troubleshoot? Are you seeing this issue with existing records or new ones? Changes to roles take a while to propogate to existing records. There are also...

new mail rule: Clear Categories on mail (recommended)
I use OL 2003 and I have lots of rules to sort email into folders. I use this facility to keep all my messages from different lists and groups separate from each other. The other day I was editing this list and noticed a new rule at the very top of the window: Clear categories on mail (recommended) I KNOW I never added this rule. Nor can I edit/ modify / delete it. Can anyone tell me what this rule does? When I tried to uncheck the checkbox, that operation failed. This rule no text in the Rule Description window, so I have no idea what it is doing. When I select this rule, the X-Dele...

Logical naming policy for distribution lists in the GAL?
Hello, We're migrating about 50 public distribution-lists from another mail- system to Exchange and need to make them (1) easy to find and (2) obvious that they are lists. The number could increase to several hundred in future. We are considering prefixing the lists with "DL" to group them all together, or removing them from the GAL by and putting them in a new, dedicated custom section. Can anyone offer some practical advice or suggestions based on their experience? Thanks, - Alan. On 10 Apr 2007 02:54:15 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello,...

How do I clear a column of data without clearing the formulas?
I want to zero out a column of data, but not the subtotal formulas. How can I do that easily without going to every cell? Hi Select your column then choose edit / goto / special - constants - ok this will just select the non-formula cells then press the delete key cheers JulieD "EllenSwarts" <EllenSwarts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD518142-47BC-438D-BE23-8DF1E9F72042@microsoft.com... >I want to zero out a column of data, but not the subtotal formulas. How >can > I do that easily without going to every cell? qlso look at: http://www...

How do I use varibale field names
I have a table which has a current month info and carries a 12 month rolling history. At the end of each month i must copy the current month's data to the relevant history field (ie. Jan for january, feb for february, etc). How do i do this with a macro or with VBA. I am new to VBA. I currently edit an update query at the end of each month, and manually type in the relevant month in the field selection. Greg wrote: > I have a table which has a current month info and carries a 12 month > rolling history. At the end of each month i must copy the current > month&#...

Cannot resolve names to new users
Situation: EX2k on W2k svr. There is a DC svr, a file/app svr and the EX svr. I replaced the old EX server(1 Oct) and kept name the same per Q297289. Mail is flowing. Now the Domain Administrator mail account does not resolve. New user account names do not resolve either. I noticed in license manager that a second instance of Exchange2k is showing and transferred the licenses to it. The original instance is: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server the newly installed instance is MSExchangeIS 6.4417 All updates and sp's were applied before bringing the new server online. Today I ra...

Money 2005 Cannot clear transactions while balancing
Trying to balance an invesment account in Money 2005. Selected the associated cash account and begin the balance process. Can click and clear deposit transactions, but software is not allowing any debit transactions to be cleared. Does anyone know why these transactions cannot be cleared so the account can be balanced? TIA Rick ...

View style name
At work my computer is set so that I can view in print layout (in a single box on my toolbar) only the name of the style I'm currently using (as opposed to having the Styles and Formatting pane in my way). I know I achieved this somehow but I can't remember how I did it. I realize that if I work in Normal view they'd be alongside. But for some reason I still prefer working in Print Layout view. How can I get the original box back on my toolbar? I'm lost without it. Thanks for the many times you've come to my rescue! The Style dropdown is on the Format...

Worksheet name in cell
Hi, Is it possible to set the worksheet name for a cell. Eg. In cell A1, how to set A1="Sheet1" if Sheet1 is the worksheet name. If the worksheet name changes to "abc" then A1 should reflect "abc". Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thank You. Regards, Giri Giri, Try =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Giri" <giri_here@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0...

read a column of names and place a number in the next cell
I want to automatically read a column of suburb names and add a column of matching street directory map numbers. I have to do this monthly on several different worksheets. Judy If you have a table with the suburbs and matching map numbers you could use the VLOOKUP Function. Assume on sheet2 you have column A with suburbs, column B with matching numbers. On sheet1 you have suburbs names in Colimn A. In B1 enter a VLOOKUP formula =VLOOKUP(A1,SHEET2!$A$1:$B$200,2,FALSE) Double-click on the fill handle to copy down. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:43:03 -0800, "Judy ...

POP3 Server is changed to Localhost and the login name changed to username\POP3server!
I am using trendmicro office scan with PC with Windows XP. The PC and AV are updated. I have this problem: POP3 mail settings were properly changed (POP3 Server is changed to Localhost and the login name changed to username\POP3server). Any idea? Thanks Have you checked Trend's site to troubleshoot? I know that PC-Cillin used to change the POP3 server name from what it should be to Localhost, and there was a fix for it. Please check: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are the crack''d, for it is they who let in the ligh...