clearing Automatic Naming in the 'To' field

In Outlook, when you click on the 'To' field and start
typing the email address, a drop-down list appears to
choose a name or email to complete the address (if the
address has been used before) or the line will
automatically complete if only one matching name has been
used before. Sometimes email addresses change, so an
option being presented on the line or in the drop-down
list may no longer be valid.  How do I clear the list of
old names or email addresses that are no longer valid
addresses.  I know I can turn off automatic naming in the
advanced e-mail options but I don't want to do that -
just clear the ones that aren't good any more.

Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting
the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to
migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of
the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q287623

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Dan" <Dan.Finnegan@Halliburton.com> wrote in message
> In Outlook, when you click on the 'To' field and start
> typing the email address, a drop-down list appears to
> choose a name or email to complete the address (if the
> address has been used before) or the line will
> automatically complete if only one matching name has been
> used before. Sometimes email addresses change, so an
> option being presented on the line or in the drop-down
> list may no longer be valid.  How do I clear the list of
> old names or email addresses that are no longer valid
> addresses.  I know I can turn off automatic naming in the
> advanced e-mail options but I don't want to do that -
> just clear the ones that aren't good any more.

0
russval (3097)

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

modify fields
Hi - just started using CRM and have several questions. 1. How do I modify the COUNTRY field? I want a user to be able to type in the name of the country and return and display the 2-letter country abbreviation? Do I have to build a new table for that or can I modify the country field as it is now? 2. How do I apply or change field rules such as case- convert, etc. for either existing fields or fields I create? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me. Cheers Ruthie I think the existing country field is a simple text field. You cannot out any logic behind these fields. One op...

automatic copy cells into other worksheet??
i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it automatically inserted in another worksheet. is this possible?? if so how?? cheers. Hiiiiiiii dear hope u are ok go the sheet2 cell A1 and type =Sheet1!A1 and Drag it and now go to sheet1 and type something in Cell A1 and A2 and A3 and then check them in sheet2 Colum u will find what u have written hope it may work for uuuuu good luck "Matt Hall" wrote: > i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it > automatically inserted in another worksheet. > is this possible?...

Chart update automatically
Sometimes I start a data list to chart, create a chart then add data and the chart automatically updates as I add to the data list. The X axis grows with each entry. Other times, I do what I think is the same thing but the chart lays dormant. I actually have to manually update the series range. Nothing I do seems to make it "automatic". Is there a way to make any chart (new or existing) update automatically when dynamic data is involved? Hi, The chart will update automatically if, - you based the chart on a List (Table in xl2007) - created and used a dynamic named range - i...

Name could not be resolved error.....
Hi Have a strange problem, where I can set up mail accounts, and use these fine, but if I try to add a mailbox in the Open These Additional Mailboxes field, I immediately get an error "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed" This is before ive even tried to resolve a name, its as I click Add, the error just appears, so you dont even get a chance to put a name in there. Any ideas what could have caused this? it seems to be after we ran the move server wizard and moved the server with these accounts on into a new site. Thanks Graham ...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

retrieving directory names
Dear group! Apparently it's a simple question: How do I retrieve the directory name that my program's running in? Background: My applications reads and writes its' configurations from an xml file which is supposed to be stored in the same directory with the executable. Relative pathnames like ".\myconfig.xml" appear to work at startup but as soon as I invoke some file dialogs during runtime the ".\" expression is resolved to the last directory I opened something from. The followup-question to this would be: How do I retrieve directory names like "my pictur...

How to get device name?
Hello all: I want to know all the name of devices in my PC, because I want to open them using API CreateFile and test it, how to do?thanks. Hi, what you want do by meanin "test it"? You cant open all devices with the API CreateFile (for several reasons). Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue Kerem G�mr�kc� Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de ----------------------- "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#vVH#JkqKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Restrickting from field
Hi, When you create new email, you can click option and tick FROM field. It will be add FROM field and you can use address book to pick up any name. Are their any options or policy to restrict this function? Thanks Using Exchange server? This should not be possible by default - someone has changed the permissions. What version of Exchange? Follow the KB 262054 to see where permissions might be set - and remove groups that shouldn't be there. wschoi wrote: > Hi, > > When you create new email, you can click option and tick > FROM field. > > It will be add FROM f...

Sort highest by name
I have 55 teams in A1 to A55. I have their scores in B1 to B55. Is there a way to list the scores (highest to lowest) but giving their team names instead of all the numbers in order of the highest to the lowest? Help Obe 1 Why don't you just sort this data by column B in descending order? Select the range starting from cell B1 then just click the sort descending button on the toolbar. If you don't want to sort the data then you could use a formula. Are there any tie scores? What type of values are the scores? Are they whole numbers? Decimals? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP &qu...

#Name? problem that has been stumping Everyone
I have been posting this message for about 5 days now and no one has been able to help. I have a macro that fills down the formula =IF(AT2 = 500,MROUND(AI2,500),IF(AT2 = 5,MROUND(AI2,5),IF(AT2 = 10,MROUND(AI2,10),IF(AT2 = 25,MROUND(AI2,25),IF(AT2 = 100,MROUND(AI2,100),IF(AT2 = 200,MROUND(AI2,200),IF(AT2 = 364,MROUND(AI2,364),ROUNDDOWN(AI2,0)))))))) Each time I fill down the range using the macro I get a #name? error. As I have posted before there is no error in the function because when I go into the status bar at the end of the formula and MANUALLY hit enter the formula calculates correctl...

Need to create an automatic hyperlink
I'm using Excel 2003, Windows XP. Okay I have a workbook with a main spreadsheet and about 150 other spreadsheets with images in them. I have the names of the other spreadsheets in cell b2. How do I create a hyperlink that will concantenate the name in cell b2 to a hyperlink and point it to the spreadsheet with that name? I know I can do it by manually selecting each cell and hyperlinking manually, but with over 150 it's taking a while. Thanks. I tried =HYPERLINK("file:////"&b2,"Click me!") and it fails (can't find specified file)...

Automatic .Doc Mail merge
Hi All, is there any way or Method of the proxy dll, that allows to execute the mail merge of am Offer / Quote / Order template generating a .Doc document ? Thx Gianluca ...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

Charting depending on criteria & data series name as a column val
I want to chart some prices as I want to take a look at price trends. My problems, and I can not figure out how to solve them, are: 1. Is it possible to dynamically change the chart depending on certain criteria (product family & selected customers) 2. As the number of customers is variable and they are in one of the columns. Is it possible to plot a series (customer name), depending on the name of a column? 3. I want to chart the data based on the date, but just include the dates available, to prevent periods of time showing no change (e.g. I don't want monthly ticks for the x a...

Data missing from enterprise custom task fields after migrating
We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed in files migrated from Project Server 2003 to 2007. Any ideas? -- michael Michael: What process did you follow for migration? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "michaelj" <notreallyme.com> wrote in message news:4BD612D9-D1AD-4FF8-B103-699AB1B54D06@microsoft.com... > We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed > in > fil...

Pulling information from three sheets into a fourth automatically?
I don't know if this can be done but I enter details of payments made on three sheetst. Sheets called 3A 3B and 3C the information on each sheet is different but the payments received are the same so I enter the date and amount under separate columns for cheques and cash The columns I have on these three sheets are: surname first name date cheque cash and I need to details of the names and banking on sheet four on a daily basis. So if I am enter four entries onto sheet 3A with todays date I would like them to appear on sheet four automatically for banking but only if the entry in co...

Automatically updating cells on other worksheets when data typed into primary sheet
I'm trying to create a workbook that will allow me to enter data on the first sheet and it will then append the data to a second sheet by automatically starting a new line. Example: I enter "This is a test" into A1 on sheet 1 First available line on sheet2 automatically updates with "This is a test" When it comes to enter something new in A1 on sheet1, same function above goes into action, accept it should be on the next available line which will be A2 on sheet2, as A1 is already used by previous data entry. Can this be done? I would appreciate any help with this. ...

Automatic settling of EDC Batch #2
Is there a way to stelle an EDC batch automatically in RMS, or an add-on that accomplishes this? This would be very handy. Thank you in advance. ...

Customized picklist fields are not showing up in the preview
hi, can you please help me out in the following situation: i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as wanted. note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview... tia -- Fritz Theiss Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset? After those actions your changes should be visible. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Fritz" wrote: > hi,...

Column names
Is there any code to convert column(number) to column(letters), and V.V. e.g. 27 for AA, AB for 28 Thanks =COLUMN(AA:AA) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "daniel chen" <danchen@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:eRRce.675942$w62.535613@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Is there any code to convert column(number) to column(letters), and V.V. > e.g. 27 for AA, AB for 28 > Thanks > Hi, Peo Great! Thanks. How about the other way? i.e. 27 for AA "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23MpiXScTFHA.2560@TK2MSFTNG...

Removing the : in the coment field
When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears. I know this is meant for the user name to appear but I don't want that. In fact, I don't want the colon to appear. Currently I manually delete it from each comment I insert...is there a way to turn that feature off so I merely type in text without having that colon appear?...I am using Excel 2000 Thanks! Kathy You can use programming to insert comments with no user name. There is sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html Kathy wrote: > When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears. I know...

Name AutoCorrect 09-26-03
I am running Access2000 and working on an existing database (I believe it was converted from FoxPro). I have turned on the Name AutoCorrect options (in Tools > Options > General), however, Name AutoCorrect does not work. I searched KnowlegeBase and found a report 230616 which explained that for a "converted database", I need to save each control that I plan to change, in order to generate the Name Map. I have done that, but Name AutoCorrect still does not work. Any help? Not 100% sure but... 1. Can you create a new .mdb, set the NameAutoCorrect, and import the objec...

Automatic date/time aquisition for graphs
Ok, I collect particle count data for a cleanroom which looks like th following: "LASAIR110","04/05/19","15:47:41",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,433,486,236,113,294,196,103,328,4.993,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,"22de" "LASAIR110","04/05/19","16:33:15",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,458,432,163,55,107,55,46,139,5.007,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,2299 "LASAIR110","04/05/19","17:18:49",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,305,286,76,29,14,1,0,0,5.017,1.0000,0.000...

automatically get an alert when someone adds an event to public Calendar?
Is there a way to automatically get an alert when someone adds an event to a public Calendar? Having the person who added the event send me an invite is not an option, because they will not do this. (I am required to check the calendar to see if any events have been added.) I can't see a way to quickly see what new events have been added so I have to check the whole calendar. (Or is there a way to view events by the date they were added, not the date of the event?) TJ There should be some solutions for this at = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook...