Clear/reset the Font dropdown list

Win98se / OfficeXP /Outlook 2002.

When replying to e-mails and wanting to select a given font, I must sort
through about 12 undesired fonts which populate the Font Dropdown list. How
may I clear or reset that list ?

Thanks

0
LS1 (17)

Are these fonts that you previously used or the alphabetical list of fonts?
The MRU list can be deleted - it's somewhere in the registry, probably under
Word keys.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"LuckyStrike" <LS@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com> wrote in
message news:O82S7qkcGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Win98se / OfficeXP /Outlook 2002.
>
> When replying to e-mails and wanting to select a given font, I must sort
> through about 12 undesired fonts which populate the Font Dropdown list.
> How
> may I clear or reset that list ?
>
> Thanks

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/8/2006 3:29:48 PM
 They are fonts I've previously used.
They are not arranged alphabetically, but re-arrange themselves based upon
whichever font is currently be selected.

The list contains (in no order of appearance; as they change as per above)
Verdana
Tahoma
Maiandra GD
Haettenschweiler
MachineTibetanFont
etc.

I realize it's somewhere in the registry (if there's no option within
Outlook/Options/ tools to clear that). The question is where... which key.
Slipstick offered no help.
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm

The version I have is Outlook2002 (10.0)

thanks anyway
--

LuckyStrike
LS@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com
The best Tweak and your ally for IE = **Disable Active Scripting**
http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/surf-safe.html
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Are these fonts that you previously used or the alphabetical list of
fonts?
> The MRU list can be deleted - it's somewhere in the registry, probably
under
> Word keys.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "LuckyStrike" <LS@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com> wrote
in
> message news:O82S7qkcGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Win98se / OfficeXP /Outlook 2002.
> >
> > When replying to e-mails and wanting to select a given font, I must sort
> > through about 12 undesired fonts which populate the Font Dropdown list.
> > How
> > may I clear or reset that list ?
> >
> > Thanks

0
LS1 (17)
5/8/2006 5:46:41 PM
I should add that using the expression "Word" in the Registry returns some
860 keys. Rather a generic term, if I may say so. Rather akin to using the
word "Computer" in a registry search. Bound to return quite a few hits. :-))

--

LuckyStrike
LS@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com
The best Tweak and your ally for IE = **Disable Active Scripting**
http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/surf-safe.html
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Are these fonts that you previously used or the alphabetical list of
fonts?
> The MRU list can be deleted - it's somewhere in the registry, probably
under
> Word keys.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "LuckyStrike" <LS@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com> wrote
in
> message news:O82S7qkcGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Win98se / OfficeXP /Outlook 2002.
> >
> > When replying to e-mails and wanting to select a given font, I must sort
> > through about 12 undesired fonts which populate the Font Dropdown list.
> > How
> > may I clear or reset that list ?
> >
> > Thanks

0
LS1 (17)
5/8/2006 6:05:38 PM
Thank you for your help. :-))

Solution found here:

We may now consider the Dropdown Box Fonts List question closed.

Thank you Diane. :-))
--

LuckyStrike
LS@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com

"LuckyStrike" <LS@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com> wrote in
message news:O82S7qkcGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Win98se / OfficeXP /Outlook 2002.
>
> When replying to e-mails and wanting to select a given font, I must sort
> through about 12 undesired fonts which populate the Font Dropdown list.
How
> may I clear or reset that list ?
>
> Thanks

0
LS1 (17)

Way to change font case all at once like in a word processor?
I did up some titles in mixed cases then realized that they printed out better in all upper case. Can we select all and change globally with a keystroke as in Word, etc.? I ended up doing these all manually as I couldn't find anything in the pulldowns re this or in help. Tx. I don't know very much about this place. I want to have two columns Susan Shane Sharon Ruth Vinnie And at the bottom I want to have '5' or '6' or whatever. Thankyou, my sister is getting married!! "StargateFan" wrote: > I...

Can't clear print queue
How do I clear the print queue? I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. "Herzl Regev" <HerzlRegev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C416F4-BE1D-4CE5-A865-4F5D0FD3EC57@microsoft.com... > How do I clear the print queue? > I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in > /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. > > The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. What happened when you...

Not printing in the correct font size
I am trying to print a spreadsheet in landscape and when it prints, the font is too small even though I have it set to size 14 in the spreadsheet. Have you set "fit to" options in File/Page Setup On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:17:03 -0800, vmluna <vmluna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to print a spreadsheet in landscape and when it prints, the font >is too small even though I have it set to size 14 in the spreadsheet. ...

Clear
Due to a malformed e-mail message or other malformed item in the information store, the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service may crash periodically. It happens when a staff try to move his mail from exchange mail box to his personal folders. Now I have to restart the services - Microsoft Exchange Information Store every 1 min. I attempt to clean his mail box (not delete) in the exchange server such that to fix this problem. Can you perform an "online backup" of the information store? If this is successful, then the problem is probably related to the structure of ...

Can you enable auto complete from a custom list in Excel?
No. Autocomplete or "Pick from list" gets its information from cells above and below the point in the same column that you are entering new data. A custom list entered in Tools>Options>Custom Lists is used for autofilling and when sorting. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:27:01 -0800, "poaq" <poaq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

clear the list og "open other users folder"
Hi When you use the open an other user folder, it could be a calendar, the persons name and folder is put into a list under the menu File/Open. I would like to clear that numbered list of folders, does anyone know how to do that? thanks, Rikke ...

Embed Fonts in Powerpoint 2007
I had previously made presentations in PP 2003 and embedded fonts to be sure that things would look right on someone else's computer. I have recently spent a lot of time trying this in PP 2007 and cannot find out how to do it. "Help" is helpless! Please don't tell me that the only way is to take and use my own computer which is what I had to do yesterday. Can someone give me a clue please? Paul Further to this one - We seem to have found answers to some of this problem. As we were away from home and not near an internet connection we were not onli...

Clear data from pivot table
Hello all. Usually when building a pivot table report I throw the data sets in the pivot table a few times to find the best way to show data. So I wonder - is there a way to quickly erase all the data sets so the pivot table is again empty as just being created (so I do not have to select each data set and remove it? Macro or some other trick? The closest I got to the answer was the idea to just create another pivot table from the original data=85but it would be so much easier to click a button and all the data is cleared from the pivot table. Thank you as always people! In Excel 2007 ther...

font size refuses to change in a text box
I am having a problem changing font size in a text box. The font and size is available and also used on the same page! I am having a problem with the line spacing as well Could you send me that file? I have some ideas but....... Also, which version are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Linda Burkhart" <Linda Burkhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B198D27-A41B-4742-9281-88F33754DEF9@microsoft.com... >I am having a problem changing font size in a text box. The font and size >is > available and also used on the same p...

Distribution Lists issue
Some Exchange users not receiving emails sent to the ALL_USERS distribution list. Particularly one site (Site C) is complaining this issue a lot. The ALL_USERS distribution list is the highest level and contains multiple levels of distribution lists within it. Each site has an OU and its own distribution list. Site C's distribution list is a member of the ALL_USERS. Another sub question, can a Universal DL be part of another Universal DL.? I am looking for some clues to figure out this issue. Any help will be highly appreciated. Use Message Tracking in Exchange System Manager - ...

How to change newsgroup message font

Newgroups Reseting List
When I try to reset my news group list it goes to almost 30,000 and then the program stops responding. Must shut down and restart explorer. Any suggestions? Thanks, Gordon Outlook doesn't provide NNTP (network news transfer protocol) support. Neither does Explorer. Neither does *Internet* Explorer, which is maybe what you meant. You use Outlook Express for that (Outlook and IE can call it or you can load OE yourself). [Internet] Explorer is not an NNTP client so I don't know why you are restarting it. If you are using Outlook Express, repost your question in a newsgroup that d...

Clear outlook and reset for new user
I'm at a new job. I got the fired guy's work station. How do I clear everything out of MS Outlook and reset it for my own use? Start with a new mail profile; Control Panel-> Mail-> Show Profiles For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm Starting with a new user account would also clear the rest of his settings for the entire Windows environment and configured applications. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

clear 1099 history
any one have any scripts to clear 1099 history by vendor or vendor class? Current Year UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99AYTD = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' Life to Date UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99ALIF = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' UPDATE PM00202 SET TEN99ALIF = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' Last Year UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99ALYR = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' PM00201 is the PM Vendor Master Summary, PM00202 is the PM Vendor Master Period Summary. Life to Date amounts are stored in both tables. Current Year and Last Ye...

Clear a worksheet without clearing formulas?
Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i need a blank worksheet with the formulas still intact. doodah, try this, Edit, go to, special, constants, OK, delete -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "doodah" <doodah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:938DD5AB-A704-4C9C-93EE-772ADA2BD872@microsoft.com... > Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i...

How do I organize my drop-down font list? Most-used first.
I hate going through the whole font list each time I design (or update) a page. Any way to organize the drop-down font list with my "favorites" at the top of the list? Thank you!! Not an option. Besides, with only a handful of web-safe fonts you really shouldn't need to. http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B633D68-8C98-4DAA-A024-4B240CDE4650@microsoft.com... > I hate going throu...

To clear the Open Other User's Folder list & To clear the Find a Contact list
What registry key would apply for Outlook 2007 for each catagory? To clear the Open Other User's Folder list ... The first article explains how to get to the right point in the registry. The second article explains what value to look for (101e0390) once you get to the right key in the right profile. It was written for Outlook 2000, but applies to Outlook 2002 as well (Outlook 2002 being version 10.0 instead of 9.0). To clear the Open Other Users folders MRU in Outlook 2003, follow the steps for Outlook 2000 but look for the binary value101f0390 To clear the Find a Contact list .....

new mail rule: Clear Categories on mail (recommended)
I use OL 2003 and I have lots of rules to sort email into folders. I use this facility to keep all my messages from different lists and groups separate from each other. The other day I was editing this list and noticed a new rule at the very top of the window: Clear categories on mail (recommended) I KNOW I never added this rule. Nor can I edit/ modify / delete it. Can anyone tell me what this rule does? When I tried to uncheck the checkbox, that operation failed. This rule no text in the Rule Description window, so I have no idea what it is doing. When I select this rule, the X-Dele...

How do I clear a column of data without clearing the formulas?
I want to zero out a column of data, but not the subtotal formulas. How can I do that easily without going to every cell? Hi Select your column then choose edit / goto / special - constants - ok this will just select the non-formula cells then press the delete key cheers JulieD "EllenSwarts" <EllenSwarts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD518142-47BC-438D-BE23-8DF1E9F72042@microsoft.com... >I want to zero out a column of data, but not the subtotal formulas. How >can > I do that easily without going to every cell? qlso look at: http://www...

Multi-select list box
Hi, [Excel 2003] I was wondering if there is a way to put the results of a multi-select list box into cells without using VBA. The single-select list box returns the selected value to a cell, I was ideally hoping to have some sort of list returned to a predefined range of cells. The format really doesn't matter as long as it ends up in cells. The other option I've used before was to have a bunch of check boxes, but the list boxes are in general easier to work with -- thus the question. (Specifics to either better illustrate or confuse: Users need to select a set of plants (from u...

Money 2005 Cannot clear transactions while balancing
Trying to balance an invesment account in Money 2005. Selected the associated cash account and begin the balance process. Can click and clear deposit transactions, but software is not allowing any debit transactions to be cleared. Does anyone know why these transactions cannot be cleared so the account can be balanced? TIA Rick ...

New Column in Sharepoint list doesn't show up in Outlook
Does anyone know how to make a new added column in Sharepoint list to be shown in Outlook? I am using Outlook 2003. Thanks. Outlook doesn't support that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Edwin" <edwincwong@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1151100257.135014.74400@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know ...

How do I clear an existing database and start from scratch?
I have been sent an Access database that will be usueful to me, but I can't start using it until I have cleared the existing data from it. Any suggestions? Open up the Relationships window. In an ideal world all the tables are joined with Referiential Integrity enabled. In that case deleting records with the 1 on the line next to them will also delete the matching records in the Many tables with the infinity symbol below them. You may need to check some tables that aren't in a relationship and delete those records manually. Then there is the real world where the R...

Spell Checker Is Failing To Catch Misspelled Words...How To Fix or Reset??
For no apparent reason the spell checker isn't working properly and misses my misspelled words in my replies. I can highlight the text and it will then catch the misspellings but otherwise it skips them. I think the checker is working okay in email I generate. I have the option turned off to reply to a message in the format it was sent in. This means that a portion of my reply might come between original text lines starting off with '>>>'. Would turning off ignoring spelling errors in the original text fix this? Any other ideas? Thank you. > Wo...

Birthday List
I am running HQ w/ 2 SO's 1.3. I own a pet related biz, and (in additional information) I collect customers' dogs' names and birthdays (up to 4 dogs per customer). Each month I would like to mail customers birthday cards/promos based on their pet's birthday. My problem is that my report criteria is quite lengthy. I have to set each "Birthday" field with a range "06/01/1996 to 06/30/1996" "06/01/1997 to 06/30/1997" etc. Then I have to do the same multiple entries for 3 more "Birthday" fields. Is there a way to just use a Fi...