clean uninstall for Outlook

I have downloaded 2 utility tools from Microsoft's website
to uninstall Outlook  cleanly but after uninstalling all
of office, it brings back the old Outlook profile and
settings.  Does anyone have a good tool to get it to setup
Outlook all over again?

Go into the control panel and find the mail icon. Double
click on it and go to the profile and delete the profile.
You can add a new one here or open Outlook again and when
it sees that there is no profile, it should go through
the wizard again. I hope this helps.
0
anonymous (74721)
9/27/2004 1:47:18 PM
unfortunately, I have already recreated the profile and it
didn't work.

0
anonymous (74721)
9/27/2004 8:38:24 PM

0
anonymous (74721)

Major bug in Outlook 2003?
I recently installed Outlook 2003 and quickly my PST file was full. First I was surprised that there is a limit in size. Then my second surprise was that once my PST file was full a form pops-up showing me different ways to remove emails messages. I closed that form in order to manually delete files, but I noticed that all incoming emails I was receiving were simply lost. Outlook did not stop to get emails from my mailbox and since the PST file was full, the messages were just lost. I lost more than a thousand emails. I believe that this is a major bug. At first I was not sure why all my ema...

outlook 2003 #133
Office 2003 server SBS 2k SP2 AD GPO SUS outlook 2003 with all admin updates user have constant problem with outlook, this is event type: (other users with same config. are ok) Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: (101) Event ID: 1002 Date: 5.4.2004 Time: 13:27:14 User: N/A Computer: XXXXX Description: Hanging application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 11.0.5510.0, hang module OUTLLIB.DLL, version 11.0.5608.0, hang address 0x00018645. Data: 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat 0008: 69 6f 6e 20 48 61 6e 67 ion Hang 0010: 20 20 4f 55 54 4c 4f 4f OUTLOO 0018...

Moving Outlook 2000 pst file to Outlook XP
I have the outlook.pst file from outlook 2000. How do I tell outlook XP that I want to use the above file? Is it the same format? Does it have the same name? And do I simply do it by deleting its current file which seems to be called "Personal folders (1).pst"? Thanks for any help. Shmuel Fisher Rename your current Outlook.pst to .bak. Open Outlook and when it complains, point it to where you have the 2000 Outlook.pst file saved on your hard drive, not a CD. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited m...

Outlook Reading Message problems
I have a question. A France client send message to our outlook 2002 received. When open message , it show " can't open this item", After I try forward message, it show " the messaging interface has returned an unknow error. If the problem persists, retart outlook" . This message cc person can read this message , pls advice how can fix. THx IITITITIT ...

How to update outlook settings?
I have a preconfigured office which automaticly configure outlook with an exchange server. My problem is that we make a new exchange server, and i wanna reconfigure the installed offices, when a new user start the outlook first time, the outlook configure the mailbox the new exchange server, not the previous. Any idea how can i change it? Any registry key or file wich need to change? "Tam�s Csaba" <tamas.csaba@belvarosi.hu> wrote in message news:%23idJOYqdFHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have a preconfigured office which automaticly configure outlook with an >...

Need Help with RAS and Outlook
I have a Mixed-Mode network, with Windows NT 4.0 as my domain controller and Logon Authorizer and Windows 2000 Server as my RAS machine. I have set my IP Address Assignment with 5 static IP address pool. The dial-up works fine, I get dial tone every time and connect. Most of my users are people who use the same laptops (all with Windows 2000 Pro) in the office and remotely. All users have checked the box "Use Windows Logon" in their dialing properties. Since they use the same laptop in both cases, the login domain is always the same. This all seems to work fine for email throug...

How do I save a copy of my emails on the server for Outlook 2007?
When I open Outlook 2007, it synchronizes all of my E-mails from my yahoo server to Outlook 2007. I want to keep a copy of my E-mails on my Yahoo Server, how do I do that in Outlook 2007? alei307 <alei307@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I open Outlook 2007, it synchronizes all of my E-mails from my > yahoo server to Outlook 2007. I want to keep a copy of my E-mails on > my Yahoo Server, how do I do that in Outlook 2007? In your account properties, enable the option to leave copies of messages on the server. It should be on the Advanced tab of the properties. --...

How can I move Outlook 2002. inbox files to Outlook 2007
I just bought a new computer with Windows 7 and outlook 2007. I wishto transfer my files from outlook 2002. can anyone tell me how? The first thing you want to do is let Outlook 2007 create its own PST file because of the new format it's in. Then add the old Outlook 2002 PST file to the Windows 7 PC and add the PST to your Outlook profile. Then simply drag and drop the emails from your old PST into the new one. You don't want to use the old PST because it has a 2 GB size limit on it for one thing. Outlook 2007 doesn't have such a small limit set on it. -- Kathle...

Keep Outlook 2000 toolbar customization
Ok, I need to install an update/patch in Outlook 2000. Here's the pain in the you know where. After I put in the CD as the patch requires then complete the install any customizations to Outlook toolbar are gone and I have to customize the toolbar all over again. How can I install Outlook updates and patches without losing my toolbar customizations? TIA. -- marx404 _________________ Odd, I have never run into this because outcmd.dat doesn't get updated/replaced by any patch that I am aware of. "marx404" <404@404.com> wrote in message news:4813134c$0$4086$4c...

how to set up an outlook 2000 filter rule. Help please
I'm using the outlook 2000 now is because I love the calenda and other functions. But I'm very frustrated that I couldn't set up a same junk mail filter rule as my outlook express. in my outlook express, I set a filter rule to move or incoming emails to a junk mail folder except the incoming emails are from certain domains or some individal account. This filter rule works perfect for me. Unfortunately, I was unable to set up a such rule in my outlook 2000. Any possbile help? thanks a lot! henry In news:1131133021.035942.279190@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, henry <henry.huil...

AOL to Outlook 2003, transfer contacts and favorites, help?
Moving from 7 years of AOL service to a new ISP and using Outlook 2003 now. How do I avoid having to copy/paste hundreds of contacts one at a time from my AOL address book to Outlook. Also have lots of 'favorites' on AOL I would like to keep... Jakfrost "Jakfrost" <Jakfrost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:924061C2-70C6-45DE-BA7D-9533902A9783@microsoft.com... > Moving from 7 years of AOL service to a new ISP and using Outlook 2003 > now. > How do I avoid having to copy/paste hundreds of contacts one at a time > from > my AOL addres...

Outlook intermittently connects
Hi, A bit of background first. I have created a new domain and migrated all users and mailboxes from the old domain using ADMT and Exchange migration wizard. All the accounts seem to be ok, users have access to files and outlook generally works. On each machine i logged on as the user in the new domain, then copied their old profile across (SID's were copied during the migration) If it makes any difference we have a child domain. 2 problems i have found since then, 1 is intermittent but they might be related. 1. if i open mail from control panel and edit the profile, it will tell me th...

Outlook blocking Merge?
I trust that someone else has had to deal with this problem. I have outlook 2002 and Word 2002 otherwise known as XP. Some time ago my computer has completed upgrades or updates. When I try to do a merge to email from word it blocks the emails and brings up a screen that makes me hit the mouse for each email. At times, I must send 7000 emails. this will not due. Please help!!!! I need to get the next email out to our membership. Thanks JMAC out "John MacDonald" <mac1@ica.net> wrote: >I have outlook 2002 and Word 2002 otherwise known as XP. HUH??? Merge to HTML to...

outlook express Spell check not working
I installed MS-office 7.0 on my XP and the icon for the e- mail spell checker came on but the still does not work. I get an error message. Whats up now??? I was told all I needed was office and it would work!! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public....

Do I need to reinstall Outlook?
I have a problem with Outlook. I have a MSN account so I also have Outlook Connector. A week ago I had a problem with my email. All my past email was no longer there just empty folders. I went to Microsoft Discussion Group and ask how to recover my old emails, but never got a reply. If I went to Windows Live and look at the emails they were all still there. After a few days I decided to try something, I removed my MSN account then reinstalled it. All my old emails are now there, but I have messed up my calendar and rules. I set up a rule, but they will not run unless I do...

Outlook 2007 keeps disconnecting
I'm having a strange issue. Here's some configuration info: Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Server 2003 SP1 Computers are running XP Pro SP2. We just changed over a couple of our departments to use Outlook 2007 (previously were using Outlook 2000). Some of the computers have issues when they open up Outlook 2007 where it will show as being disconnected from the exchange server. Clicking on it and telling it to reconnect it will attempt to reconnect and change back to Disconnected or Offline. So far to fix it I've had to either reboot the machine..or if I close Outlook and go to ...

Outlook 2003 via network with proxy
Hi all, I have a configuration in my little home network where one machine is = connected to the internet and another one is using the ICS to get = connected too. The "online machine" has a special configuration using a = local proxy for a satellite connection, which works very well with all = internet connections. The second machine can connect via http by = specifying the first machine as proxy (192.168.0.1, port 8080), which also = works very well. The only problem is Outlook 2003 on the second machine. For http I can = specify a proxy making so the connection work, for Outloo...

Outlook 2007 E-mail Duplication Problem
I recently migrated from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. All went well except for some reason every time I send a message there is a copy of that item in my inbox as well as the sent item folder (and of course to the recipient). I obviously don't want that message back in my inbox. How do I keep this from happening? Do you have any rules set up on outgoing messages? -- Jocelyn Fiorello *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "pd417" wrote: > I recently migrated from Ou...

Outlook 2003 'file as' option
Jusr recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Previously, all contacts were filed as lastname, firstname and sync'd appropriately. After upgrade, new names are listed firstname, lastname (note comma placement). I have verified that lastname, firstname options are all turned on in outlook address books and default 'file as' order. I can force the comma placement, but when I sync, the name still shows Bill, Smith, filed on the palm in the B's. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. WK This is a function of your synchronization software. Check your Contacts...

Outlook to Domino connector; setting default email account
Hi, I'm using the Outlook to Lotus Domino/Notes connector to access our calendar system and contacts. But I use an IMAP account for receiving and sending mail. The problem is that even though I have set the IMAP account to be the default account, all new mail, (when I choose " New Mail message") is sent via the domino server. If I click the "Accounts" drop down button the first name on the list is Outlook Connector for Domino, but the IMAP account is listed as account number 1, and the Outlook connector for Domino is listed as number 2. Any suggestion swould be...

Importing Contacts from Word via Excel, Outlook 2003
I have a list of names and phone numbers in a Word document. I need to get this list into my Contacts but in a new category. I've put the list into an Excel document - is there any formatting I should do first, can I specify the category as the import is done, and what format should I save the file in? Thanks "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:OKrilQ7OHHA.992@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a list of names and phone numbers in a Word document. I need to get >this list into my Contacts but in a new category. > I've put the list...

Outlook 2002 hangs #7
We have a EXCH2K. One of the users ( Outlook 2002) has a PST file configured. The Outlook goes very slow and sometimes hangs for a long time while shifing between folders or while opening an email. It also stops responding at times. When you start outlook again it prompts to open up in safe mode. the user then has to open in Safe mode, Exit and then start in normail mode. The PC has Win XP Pro and Office XP its a PIV with 256 MB RAM. Any suggestions from any one on what could be going wrong How big is the .pst file? And why are you using .pst files when you have Exchange? --� Milly ...

How do I use the Outlook PST Backup tool on second user settings?
I have set up the PST backup tool on my settings but when I try to add it to my husbands settings I get the message that the program is already installed and I have to delete it to download it again for his settings. If I delete it will it make my settings inoperable? How do I make this work? Help!! I have windows XP and I am using Outlook 2003. Thank you for your help. Presumably you have seperate outlook Profiles? In his Profile, within Outlook, add-ins, is the backup addin ticked? "Katie H." <Katie H.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E8A0...

outlook 2003
Why can't I open outlook anymore!!! I keep getting the error, outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. here is the error signiture AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.8217.0 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.5755 Offset: 00036f63 I have no idea what else to do. I've run the debug, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. ...

Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server
Hi I have the problem in Outlook with this dialog box saying "Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server <sever name>" The clients have Win XP with Office XP (Outlook 2002 v 10.4712.4219 SP2). Exchange server is Exchange 2000 SP3. When I rollback to Outlook 2000 everything works fine. The exchange server who outlook is retrieving data from is the same server as the users has there mailboxes on. I have checked a large number of Kb articles without solving this issue. How can I solve this big issue? Please HELP //Regards Lars ...