chime when Outlook gets mail

Is there a way up change the sound?
I'm on Outlook 2000 SP-3 9.0 with an XP machine and the
sound is so subtle that I miss it sometimes.  When i was
on 98, it was a fairly clear two-pitch tone.
0
rarely (7)

Can Excel trigger Outlook reminder?
I hope I'm asking this question in the right forum. I would like to know if it is possible to create a basic spreadsheet where one of the columns is for due date and when that due date comes up a reminder is generated from Outlook? I think I understood correctly from a Google search that it can be done in Visual Basic but I have no idea how to do it. I'm also hoping it would not be complicated b/c I have not used VB. If that can't be done, how could I work it that the cell would change to red with due date comes? Thanks. A little more info on the spreadsheet I...

MS Outlook & Outlook Express Synchronization
Could some one please help me in the following inquiry: How can I synchronize my contacts between Outlook Express and MS Outlook? Thanx. Ahmed There really isnt a way to synchronize the contacts in Outlook with the contacts in Outlook Express. The only way to do something similar would be to import from Outlook Express to Outlook and import from Outlook to Outlook Express but this would have to be done any time there was a change and you may have some issues with duplicates being created. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Se...

outlook calendar #8
Problem with deletions of meetings. upon deletion, attendees don't receive cancellation or cancellation was never removed and the meeting still appears to be active. This problem is on going... I went to the MSN support site, no answers close to the problem... can someone assist... IT Intern No wonder no answers are close to the problem, you have given us bare information upon which to troubleshoot. What version of Outlook are you using? Is Exchange in this equation? If yes, what version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion i...

Sync Gmail contacts to Outlook 2007?
I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for the calender, is there also another program to sync the contacts? -- endoftheline Do not multipost. -- Russ Valentine "endoftheline" <endoftheline.551688f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:endoftheline.551688f@outlookbanter.com... > > I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There > is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for > the calender, is th...

Free Voice Email for Outlook
WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages to be recorded directly into email messages as MP3 attachments. WaxMail is available as a free download from http://www.waxmail.biz Not a very good way to spam --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <paul.andrews@netralia.com> wrote in message = news:1131619526.283980.218080@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages > to be recorded directly into email...

Outlook Programming
I'm using Exchange 2000(SP3) and outlook 2002. I have a custom form published in Organizational Forms Library. In that form there is a user-defined filed name called RefNo. All the users use this form to send memos & letters internally. I would like to introduce a serial number, which should be a part of the RefNo, so that when a user sends a memo it takes the next available serial number and adds to the RefNo avoiding duplicate serial numbers. Can somebody help me please. Your help is highly appreciated. ...

Outlook Connector with Windows 7
I attempted to install MS Outlook Connector in order to view my hotmail email accounts on my Outlook 2007. I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and no matter what I do the Connector executable will not run. I've tried running as administrator and I've tried compatibility mode as Win XP and no matter what I do, when I double click on the exe it comes back with an error about 1-2 seconds later saying the installation has failed. What is the exact error message? Please repeat it in its entirety, including any error numbers. "Topgun505" <Topgun505@discussion...

Outlook Will Not Startup
Have used Outlook 2003 without issue on this PC for several years. Auto Updates is on. Outlook now will not open. The Outlook desktop appears, then the message "Business Contact Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close..." After getting past this Error Reporting message, the next box offers to "Start in Safe Mode to isolate the problem..." This only results in a repeating circuit of these same two messages (see above) over and over as I click through them. I tried to troubleshoot by reinstalling Outlook and Business Contact Manager with no effect. N...

Outlook 2000 doesn't close
I'm running outlook 2000 with SP1a on XP Home and when I close Outlook it doesn't really close, the window just goes away. I still get new e-mail notifications and it's still taking up precious memory. If I want it to close completely I have to clobber it in the task list or reboot... and that's ugly. I've heard that this is a "feature" for enterprise users but I'm not one and I like having COMPLETE control of my system. Does anyone know how to make outlook go away when I close it? Thanks ...

Save chime
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel We updated from an older version of word which had a chime sound when saving a file. My wife got to depend on this to confirm that she really had saved. This version does not seem to have that feature, or is it hidden somewhere? Not exactly "hidden" :-) Go to Word> Preferences> General, in the 'Authoring & Proofing Tools' check the box for "Provide feedback with sound". HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/21/10 12:32 PM, in article 59bb3343.-1@webcross...

Outlook 98 e-mails not going to sent items.
This is a weird problem from my behalf, when i send an e-mial no matter to who, the e-mail does not go to the sent items folder. Can anyone help out, thank you. Marcel. ...

Printing Email in Outlook from Publisher
We are sending a publisher document as an email message. When it arrives in Outlook and we try to print the email, it elects to become hundreds of pages except it is only 5. Thank you. ...

restoring outlook after rebuild
I need to reload windows xp and all applications including MS Outlook. ie clean build. Once installed I need to configure Outlook with inbox, sent items, user accounts etc as prior to rebuild so I don't loose anything. The PC is used by four Windows accounts so I will need to restore data for all of these. However I'm struggling to identify the correct procedure for this, does Outlook contain the various export/import or backup/restore facilities to enable this? Is it better to use a third party product? Please could someone advise. TIA I used the XP File & Settings Tra...

Strange Outlook behavior
Exchange 2003 Server/Outlook 2003 I have several users who have a resource mailbox added to their Outlook profile. They have no problem opening emails in the additional Inbox, but if they search the Inbox using the 'Find' button on the OL toolbar and enter their criteria in "Look for: - Search In - Find now", they can view the results of the search from the results screen, but cannot open the items. They must go back to the actual mailbox where these items are located, track them down (the old fashioned way), and then they CAN open these same items. That kind of de...

Missing e-mails #5
All of me received e-mail messages from 5/9/09 through 5/25/09 are missing. Where did they go, and how do I get them back? -- Regards, George Stubbs "George Stubbs" <GeorgeStubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF408F50-C8AC-4A9B-A2D3-AF8B9D4765AD@microsoft.com... > All of me received e-mail messages from 5/9/09 through 5/25/09 are missing. > Where did they go, and how do I get them back? Since we have no idea what you did to lose them, it would be nearly impossible for us to tell you how to get them back. The usual answers apply: look in Deleted...

convert outlook 98 to outlook 2000
I have put outlook 2000 on a new computer and want to bring my saved email folders, etc. from outlook 98 on my old computer. I have copied the .pst files over but outlook 2000 doesn't recognize them. Is there a special way of doing this? Help! Thanks Make sure the .PST file isn't marked read-only. If it's on a CD, move it to your hard drive and remove the read-only attribute. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06b701c398...

IMC mail slow to different site
Internal and external mail is flowing find, but emails to our Los Angeles office is very slow. I had just installed these four hotfixes MS04-011 KB83573 MS04-012 KB82874 MS04-013 KB83700 MS04-014 KB83700 So I've uninstalled them, but my emails to LA is still slow My exchange server is 5. Could use some help Slow in what way? What about small messages? Bill Mah wrote: > Internal and external mail is flowing find, but emails to our Los > Angeles office is very slow. I had just installed these four > hotfixes: > > MS04-011 KB835732 MS04-012 KB828741...

Getting to an attribute.
I have a service that I call that returns back a XmlNode type. I need to get to an attribute value and would like to use the GetAttribute method (because it takes a string). However, XmlNode (or XmlElement) does not have that method. They have the attributes collection with the item method that takes an number value performing an ordinal lookup. I can declare an Xml document, load the returning Xml stream, and then use the method but I do not want reload the document again. Is there a way to take the current document typed as an XmlNode and get to the document element that has this met...

Getting files with BrowseForFolder method
I have a script function that I used successfully in Windows 2000, but does not work fully in Windows 7 (x64). The test script below works fine at returning folder paths and file paths for files with .htm/.html extensions. It fails for files with any other extension (.txt, .hta, ..vbs tried). As configured, the function returns an error number of 424 when it malfunctions. If "On Error Resume Next" is removed, the malfunction generates a popup specifiying an unknown error number 80004000 for the line containing the BrowseForFolder method. I'd sure like to use this or a s...

outlook signature #3
Hi, i am using outlook 2003 with an exchange server behind it. i want to add several different signatures to the outlook and then insert them according to my needs. i found the solution in a lot of sites: create the signatures, and then in the new message window go to insert > signature and select your signature. the problem is that i dont have the signature under my insert menu and there is no option to add it. any ideas ? tnx Uri WordMail does not include an Insert | Signature command like the regular = Outlook editor. If you want to be able to insert a signature into a = WordMail mess...

how do i insert a note onto my calender in outlook
DHIBBS <DHIBBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Ask your question in the BODY, not the subject. Why not create a calendar item and drag the note to it? -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook Ignoring a Reply Address
I was on the Yahoo Mail internet site replying to an email I received on one of my Yahoo accounts. When I clicked Reply (not Reply-All), an extra address that I didn't recognize popped up in the To field. It's likely this was the intention of the sender, since the additional address also incorporated the sender's company name. But when I downloaded the original message to Outlook 98 via POP3 and clicked Reply there, the extra address *didn't* appear in the To field. If clicking Reply on the Yahoo Mail site produced an extra "To" address, why didn't the same th...

margin settings in Outlook 2007
Please advise me how set the Indents in new message in Outlook 2007 Paragraph pull down on the Format Text tab. Sajid wrote: > Please advise me how set the Indents in new message in Outlook 2007 Email doesn't really use indents... but if you show the rule icon (click the little ruler icon on the right), you'll be able to set the tabs. Screenshot: http://slipstick.me/jing/2010-04-28_1802.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mai...

setting up outlook for mail
Hi I do need help. I would like to know, step by step, procedures for setting up Outlook to receive my email. my server is juno. Can someone help? Yes, Juno can help you. Contact them for the information - no one out here would know their settings, your username and password. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: muse-dwr <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Hi I do need help. | I would like to know, step by step, procedures for setting | up Outlook to r...

Outlook 2000 not shutting down.
Can anyone tell me where I can find the "Outlook 2000 Post- Service Pack 3 Hotfix Package: January 13, 2004" Outlook 2000 does not shut down when exiting normally. This happened when Outlook 2003 was installed in error. Thanks... Terry Terry Barr <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me where I can find the "Outlook 2000 Post- > Service Pack 3 Hotfix Package: January 13, 2004" The article describing that hotfix will contain instructions on how to contact Microsoft to request it. -- Brian Tillman ...