checking names not checking

When setting up an appointment in Outlook 2000, in the "Attendee
Availability", it is usually possible to type the first part of a name
and press enter to have that name completed and the calendar displayed
for that person.  I have one user that has lost this capability.  The
only setting I have found is "Automatic Name checking" in Email
options(Advanced Options).  But that is checked.  Something in his
profile is set to disable this feature but I can't find it.

-mjm
0
montagne (5)

did you disable, apply, and reenable the setting you found? Does Ctrl+K
force it to resolve?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"michael montagne" <montagne@walkermacy.com> wrote in message
> When setting up an appointment in Outlook 2000, in the "Attendee
> Availability", it is usually possible to type the first part of a name and
> press enter to have that name completed and the calendar displayed for
> that person.  I have one user that has lost this capability.  The only
> setting I have found is "Automatic Name checking" in Email
> options(Advanced Options).  But that is checked.  Something in his profile
> is set to disable this feature but I can't find it.
>
> -mjm

0
dianenws (1904)
8/3/2004 10:48:45 PM
I mispoke, it is Outlook 2002.  I unchecked the box.  Tried it again.
Then rechecked the box.  I didn't restart the program however.  And
ctrl+K does resolve the names properly.

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> did you disable, apply, and reenable the setting you found? Does Ctrl+K
> force it to resolve?

0
montagne (5)
8/4/2004 12:02:53 AM
find and rename *.nk2 and see if it helps. (C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. You can easily access
it by pasting %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook in the
Address bar of your browser or Windows Explorer.)

if not, try a new profile. control panel, mail.

--

>I mispoke, it is Outlook 2002.  I unchecked the box.  Tried it again. Then
>rechecked the box.  I didn't restart the program however.  And ctrl+K does
>resolve the names properly.
>

> Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
>> did you disable, apply, and reenable the setting you found? Does Ctrl+K
>> force it to resolve?

0
dianenws (1904)
8/4/2004 2:49:23 AM
Bingo.  The .nk2 file idea was not effective, but I created a new
profile and it worked correctly.  Thank you.

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> find and rename *.nk2 and see if it helps. (C:\Documents and
> Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. You can easily access
> it by pasting %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook in the
> Address bar of your browser or Windows Explorer.)
>
> if not, try a new profile. control panel, mail.

0
montagne (5)
8/4/2004 8:37:24 PM
That did fix the name resolution issue but "Check Names" does not run
without pressing CTRL-K.

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

> find and rename *.nk2 and see if it helps. (C:\Documents and
> Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. You can easily access
> it by pasting %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook in the
> Address bar of your browser or Windows Explorer.)
>
> if not, try a new profile. control panel, mail.

0
montagne (5)
8/10/2004 7:32:21 PM
go to tools, options, email options, advanced and disable, apply, then
re-enable automatic name checking.

--

> That did fix the name resolution issue but "Check Names" does not run
> without pressing CTRL-K.
>
> Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
>
>> find and rename *.nk2 and see if it helps. (C:\Documents and
>> Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. You can easily
>> access it by pasting %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook in
>> the Address bar of your browser or Windows Explorer.)
>>
>> if not, try a new profile. control panel, mail.

0
dianenws (1904)
8/10/2004 11:47:47 PM
Great.  Works great! Thanks again.

-mjm

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

> go to tools, options, email options, advanced and disable, apply, then
> re-enable automatic name checking.

0
montagne (5)

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Authorizing checks with RMS

How do I create Check list

Printing Checks

Employee Check Format-Graphical

local named references in a sheet
Hello! (this may be a repitition of a message I think I succeeded in seding previously, but cant retrieve, so Im trying again. Appologize!) I am trying to copy a sheet with many named references into a new sheet (same workbook), but I want the new sheet to have the references local to it, so I can experiment with different data on the same calculations. The references hold intermediary values. When I try to copy the original sheet, the named references in the copy point to the original sheet. How do I copy it "correctly"? Thanks Hi Michael, > When I try to copy the orig...

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

File name list in the open dialog box.
In the open dialog box, how to delete the list of files appearing in the file name drag down menu in excel 2007? Not sure where you are finding this list. Do you mean the Recent Documents you see when you click on the Button? You can clear that by setting your MRU list to 0 under Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display. If you mean the list you see when you go to Button>Open then you will have to set a new default file path to a folder that is empty. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:10:01 -0800, Acs <Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

Name Change
I did a search for this and found a couple of things but I couldn't seem to find anything definitive. We need to change a users name in AD and CRM. Is this possible? What is the procedure for doing this? Please help. Thanks Greg The way to do that in CRM would be to create a new CRM user with the changed ad account name. Than open the old users detail record and select Reassign Records in the action menu to move all the old records. Than you should be able to disable/delete the old user. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "gstat" ...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Pop up for user name and password
This is message I keep getting I do have McAfee security and I have already turned off email scanning what else can I do completely uninstall anti-virus? Account: 'pop.hollandpaving.net', Server: 'pop.hollandpaving.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Logon Failure', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 did you ever get an answer to your question? "Holland" wrote: > This is message I keep getting I do have McAfee security and I have already > turned off email scanning what else can I...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

tristate check box #2
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. Well, for Win32, you can always SendMessage the button a BM_GETSTATE. I'm sure with MFC there's a function that will permit this; it could be as simple as button_name.GetState(). Well, for the event OnClick for that button, you can get the state of the button and then either run it through some if-...

Rules Wizard not filtering messages w/out my name in "to" box
I have a rule set up to permanently delete messages that arrive without my name in the "to" box. It is still putting them in my "in" box as if the rule is not even set. I made sure the box was checked to activate the rule so that's not the problem. I get these spam messages daily and I would prefer not to even see them at all. Any suggestions? Thank you ...

Check scanning and Check readers
Has any group successfully integrated a check reader or scanner into a MSFT RMS-POS solution? Our small business processes alot of checks from contracts and cash from customers. So, we need to integrate credit card, debit card, cash, and checks processing. I've been wanting to implement RMS but have been unsuccessful in locating info on any check readers and compatibility with RMS. Anyone with a solution to reading, scanning, and electronically verifying checks at the POS? Rms only supports check verification using PC Charge. Also, RMS only supports MICR (Magnetic Ink Character...

Check Void in Error
Our beloved cash admin voided SEVERAL checks in error. Is there a way to un-void them? They were historical checks, ie. not in the current period. Our bank isn't effected, but our ledger is. I'm pretty adept at Sql, what tables would I need to hit if I have to manually do this?? Thanks! ...

How to check settings for Outlook 97
My Outlook is not working. The error message states, "Mapisp32 has caused an error in MINET32.DLL. Mapisp32 will now close." Secondly, whenever I attempt to check for "new mail" I get another error message, "messaging interface has returned to an error." Any help would be greatly appreciated. First thing to try would be to create a fresh profile here: Control Panel > Mail applet. Also, have you ever installed the Internet Mail Enhancement Patch for OL97? "Alex O. Stone" <aistone@comcast.net> wrote in message news:005501c368bf$eaa638...

How do you name a chart?
How do change the name of a chart (Chart1, Chart2, ...). I had some VBA code that activated a chart. I deleted and rebuilt the chart a few times, and then had problems deterimining the new chart name. I ended up recording a macro, selecting the chart, and examining the macro code to determine what the new chart name was. Is there an easier way to name a chart, or find out what it's name is? Thanks. Press Ctrl, and then click the chart (this selects it as an object). Then, type the new name in the Name box (to the left of the formula bar) and press Enter. John Walkenbach For Excel ...

My Domain Name Question?
Hello I installed my copy of sbs before i bought my domain name service and need a way to rename the domain name. Can this be do? I haven't join any clients and found a service at dyndns. Any direction will be much appreciated! jturner5569 --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- The domain name you chose for your network cannot be easily changed. With that said, however, the public domain name your company uses does not need to be (and in fact I recommend it SHOULD not be) the same as your private AD domain. You can have, for e...

Exporting Names and Addresses to Outlook
Hey there. From Outlook, I have tried to import data from Excel into a Contacts list...but when I go to do so, an error message in the Outlook Import/Export Wizard pops up telling me to name the range of data in Excel I'd like to import. When I go to Excel and search the help menu, nothing works.... Help help! Cindy > Hey there. Hello. > > From Outlook, I have tried to import data from Excel into > a Contacts list...but when I go to do so, an error message > in the Outlook Import/Export Wizard pops up telling me to > name the range of data in Excel I'd like...