Checking a TASK to complete

When checking a task to complete is there anyway that I can have it ask for
a confirmation that the task is complete?

Thank you.

Richard

0
do.not.use (18)

No.  Don't check it unless it's complete.

Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook]
Acorn Training and Consulting
www.acorntraining.com.au

Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field
Chooser and Group by Box!!

"Richard Edwards" <do.not.use@do.not.use.com> wrote in message
> When checking a task to complete is there anyway that I can have it ask
> for a confirmation that the task is complete?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Richard

0
gleeson_judy (321)
2/28/2006 10:17:36 AM
Thanks for that pearl of wisdom.

"Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook" <gleeson_judy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> No.  Don't check it unless it's complete.
>
> Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook]
> Acorn Training and Consulting
> www.acorntraining.com.au
>
> Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field
> Chooser and Group by Box!!
>

> "Richard Edwards" <do.not.use@do.not.use.com> wrote in message
>> When checking a task to complete is there anyway that I can have it ask
>> for a confirmation that the task is complete?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Richard

0
do.not.use (18)

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Authorizing checks with RMS

How do I create Check list

Printing Checks

Size of Task Subject Line
I would like to display and print all the tasks in a given category. The default is to display only one subject line per task item. Is there a way I could display more than one line? Or, would it be possible for me to display/print the details associated with the subject line in all my tasks? I am using Outlook 2003. Have you considered turning on either the "Autopreview" or "Reading Pane" form the "View" menu? "Al" <anonymous@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e6eyhZonFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I would like to display...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Backup or Copy the auto-complete list
How would I backup or copy the Outlook auto-complete list so I can move it to another pc? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-outlook/201005/1 You need to copy the contents of this folder: <C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook> In particular the file outlook.NK2 is very important. Also, make sure you put it in the same path as above if you are using Windows XP professional. In vista, I believe you have the folder USERS instead of Documents and Settings but you need to find this and sort t...

Calenders and Task's suddenly shown twice
Suddenly my Calenders and task's are listed twice in the same mailbox. All my new appointments is in the newly created once, but reminders from the old ones are now disabled, or they dont work anymore... is there any easy way to solve this problem, fx copy the contents from one calender to the other, and then deleted the "old" Best regards Jens Nygaard Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch. If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 Once you've done that, yo...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

tristate check box #2
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. Well, for Win32, you can always SendMessage the button a BM_GETSTATE. I'm sure with MFC there's a function that will permit this; it could be as simple as button_name.GetState(). Well, for the event OnClick for that button, you can get the state of the button and then either run it through some if-...

Check scanning and Check readers
Has any group successfully integrated a check reader or scanner into a MSFT RMS-POS solution? Our small business processes alot of checks from contracts and cash from customers. So, we need to integrate credit card, debit card, cash, and checks processing. I've been wanting to implement RMS but have been unsuccessful in locating info on any check readers and compatibility with RMS. Anyone with a solution to reading, scanning, and electronically verifying checks at the POS? Rms only supports check verification using PC Charge. Also, RMS only supports MICR (Magnetic Ink Character...

Check Void in Error
Our beloved cash admin voided SEVERAL checks in error. Is there a way to un-void them? They were historical checks, ie. not in the current period. Our bank isn't effected, but our ledger is. I'm pretty adept at Sql, what tables would I need to hit if I have to manually do this?? Thanks! ...

How to check settings for Outlook 97
My Outlook is not working. The error message states, "Mapisp32 has caused an error in MINET32.DLL. Mapisp32 will now close." Secondly, whenever I attempt to check for "new mail" I get another error message, "messaging interface has returned to an error." Any help would be greatly appreciated. First thing to try would be to create a fresh profile here: Control Panel > Mail applet. Also, have you ever installed the Internet Mail Enhancement Patch for OL97? "Alex O. Stone" <aistone@comcast.net> wrote in message news:005501c368bf$eaa638...

Check box change colour once checked
Hi can anyone please help me? I've created a check box in my form which shows what information is valid and what's not, if it's checked then it's not valid and if it's not checked then it's valid....I would like the one's that are checked to show all the information in a different colour not the check box label but rest of the information For example: In a form which shows the category and skills and then the sub form shows list of volunteers (Name and contact details) who may still do voluntary work or not. there is a check box on the sub form next to each volun...

Check all check boxes in a continuous form
Hello Everyone, I need help checking all check boxes in a continuous form. This form has filtered data from its table. I want to be able to set all check boxes within the form to TRUE but only for the records reflected on the form, not the whole table. Please help!!! Danny Danny Records (rows of data) in Access are stored in tables, not forms. If you are saying you need to update all the rows in a table (by checking one/more checkboxes), use an update query. CAUTION: save a backup copy before performing the update! Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Danny Moral...

Allow users to change completed Service Activities
It would really be nice to allow a user to update completed service activities as they sometimes forget to add data or provide incorrect data. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

slow e-mail small envelopes showing up on task bar
Just started having problems with send and receive of my e-mails. When connecting now I get small white envelopes in the task bar that expand and contract for each e-mail. It now takes forever to receive my mail. Somebody help please!!!!! ...

Sync Services check boxes won't stay checked
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Several computers in the office, running either 10.5.8 or 10.6.3, MS Office 2008, using Entourage sync services to sync with iCal. <br><br>Frequently, for no apparent reason, the top 2 sync services boxes come unchecked. Although we have on occasion run Onyx (like Cocktail), these events happen even when we haven't run Onyx in days or weeks. Sometimes it happens right after setting them, sometimes it works okay for a few hours or a day or two, but on these three computers, ev...