Check names in Outlook 2003 Calendar

Recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003.
Before, when I created an appointment in Calendar it would
automagically check the name against Contacts.  It is no
longer doing this.  Is there an option to change this?
How do I link up my Contacts so Calendar checks the
names?  Thanks for any help.
0
oac3 (1)

What do you mean that it would check the names against contacts?  Do you
mean auto-resolve/complete?

If yes, then you need to build your auto-complete cache for it to start
working again.  It does not use the Contacts folder or Address Book to build
this cache but builds it based on typed names.  The more you type, the
larger the cache becomes and the more effective it is.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Cooleyo asked:

| Recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003.
| Before, when I created an appointment in Calendar it would
| automagically check the name against Contacts.  It is no
| longer doing this.  Is there an option to change this?
| How do I link up my Contacts so Calendar checks the
| names?  Thanks for any help.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Problems with Outlook 2002 after downgrade
I had Office 2000 installed without Outlook. I installed a copy of Outlook 2003. I then un-installed Outlook 2003, and upgraded Office 2000 to Office 2002 to include Outlook 2002. I have three pop accounts set up. After doing this, I cannot use the "Send and Receive" button, I just get a message which says "The Operation failed" and nothing else. If I go to Tools-Send and Receive and choose any of the options there, they all work, i.e. I can get mail for all accounts or each account individually. Also the only option under Tools-Send and Receive settings that works is "...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Launching outlook #2
why do I get a message box "Microsoft LDAP Directory" when I launch Outlook 2003? Email is a pop3 account. I can cancel out of it fine, but I would prefer that it not come up at all. Please tell me how to "disable" it. Remove the LDAP service from your profile; Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> View or change existing directories or address books -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Authorizing checks with RMS

Outlook (and Excel) stops working after MSXML installation
I installed MSXML 4.0 as per the "critical updates" message on my W98 today. After re-boot, when I try to open Outlook I get message "Unable to open your defauilt mail folder - the information store could not be opened" and then "Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" - this is no good and I can't find anything. I can't open Excel either, I get messages about Visual Basic and when I close it, I get message "This process will stop the debugger". I now have a shortcut on my desktop "Microsoft MXL 4.0 parser&...

How do I create Check list

Outlook would not open...
I am running Outlook 2002. As soon as It opens , I get a message: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime Error! c:\program files\microsoft office\office10\outlook.exe When I click OK, outlook shuts down. Thanks ...

Outlook Web Access #41
I am unable to view anything when opening Outlook Web Access. The page is set up as it should be, but i receive the message that there are no items to show in this view. Try posting this in an Exchange group - microsoft.public.exchange.admin is probably a good one. Outlook Web Access is actually a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com an...

FrontPage 2003 Themes Chooser
I have created 5 themes by FrontPage 2003. How can I add a Theme Chooser Bar or List of each theme in my main website ? 1. Dropdown Menu of Themes. OR 2. List of links to select desired theme. Thanks ALL If you are using FP's themes the website can only have one theme unless you're using subwebs. or are you using your own home-rolled CSS ??? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "MoonLight" <MoonLight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A015FE8-164E-4155-84F3-0109CA718A5D@microsoft.com... ...

Printing Checks

Envelope Address Font using Microsoft Offic Word 2003
Using the Tools Envelopes Label menu, I highlight the address of a letter and choose Size 10 envelope. On preview screen everything looks great, when I print out the address is in a huge font. I checked all the defaults and it is set to a 10 font. The return address prints fine. Any ideas Thank ...

local named references in a sheet
Hello! (this may be a repitition of a message I think I succeeded in seding previously, but cant retrieve, so Im trying again. Appologize!) I am trying to copy a sheet with many named references into a new sheet (same workbook), but I want the new sheet to have the references local to it, so I can experiment with different data on the same calculations. The references hold intermediary values. When I try to copy the original sheet, the named references in the copy point to the original sheet. How do I copy it "correctly"? Thanks Hi Michael, > When I try to copy the orig...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Outlook 2003 RTM/SP1: What happens at midnight and why?
Like something out of "Dark City," at midnight, Outlook changes. If your Inbox is arranged by Groups, Outlook opens every single one of them for you. Why? It still happens in SP1, so it must be intentional. For what purpose? There's apparently a way to keep all the Groups collapsed, but I haven't tried that because I wouldn't want that. I have some open (the newer ones), some closed (the older ones), and I want them to stay that way until I say so. Too bad. ...

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

File name list in the open dialog box.
In the open dialog box, how to delete the list of files appearing in the file name drag down menu in excel 2007? Not sure where you are finding this list. Do you mean the Recent Documents you see when you click on the Button? You can clear that by setting your MRU list to 0 under Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display. If you mean the list you see when you go to Button>Open then you will have to set a new default file path to a folder that is empty. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:10:01 -0800, Acs <Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Office 2003/2007
Ok, all of you high tech users are going to scream when you read this question so turn on your flame throwers and get set: On both the Office 2003 and the new beta for 2007 it requires a server to use two features SharePoint and Out of Office assistant- I want to use those features but it seems to indicate a lot of cost and work to set up a server- If I “load” Virtual Server” will that allow those features to activate? That is, will I be able to use the virtual server to manage them? Thanks! from a Operationally astute but Technologically challenged user you can do it in a virtual s...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

Outlook Express #130
I have outlook on my computer but i guess when you install windows you get outlook express with it... is there any need for it if i have outlook? how do i take it out? please help jorgepreble@hotmail.com "Jorge Preble" <jorgepreble@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0d6601c3deff$15b0f050$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have outlook on my computer but i guess when you install > windows you get outlook express with it... is there any > need for it if i have outlook? how do i take it out? > > please help > jorgepreble@hotmail.com If you have XP you can't and in ...

Name Change
I did a search for this and found a couple of things but I couldn't seem to find anything definitive. We need to change a users name in AD and CRM. Is this possible? What is the procedure for doing this? Please help. Thanks Greg The way to do that in CRM would be to create a new CRM user with the changed ad account name. Than open the old users detail record and select Reassign Records in the action menu to move all the old records. Than you should be able to disable/delete the old user. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "gstat" ...

Outlook 2003 #110
Have 340 contacts. I have set them by various categories.I arranged them the Category field. When I sort the "File As" field in any order, all my categories disappear and now every contact is sorted as "file as". Is there a way to arrange by a fields, like Owner, Tester, Employee,Company1,Company2,etc. Then I want to sort within each categories such as File As or Last Name,etc. And still maintain my separate categories. I am stumped on this on. Thanks Jeff Are you using the Customize Current View for the "By Category" view? Works here. -- Russ Valentine [...