Changing the way Contacts are displayed on a shared contact list

I have two users sharing a contacts list on our exchange
server.  One user sees the contacts filed as First Name,
Last Name while the other one sees them as Company, First
Name, Last Name.  I wish to force both users to view the
contacts list in the same manner.  I'm assuming it's a
setting on their computers as the contact list is stored
in a public folder on the Exchange server.  Both users are
running Outlook 2002 and Windows XP Pro.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BC
0
peabody1 (1)

Correct way for getting a DIB from DDB
Hi to all of you, I'm little confused about something regarding the usage of a DIB and the word alignment. I have a CBitmap ( DDB ) already initialized and I want to create from that a DIB. Here's the code: /----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/ CClientDC dc(this); CDC memdc; memdc.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc); CBitmap Bmp; Bmp.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc,width, height); CBitmap* old=(CBitmap*)memdc.SelectObject(&Bmp); BYTE *pbuf; BITMAPINFO bitInfo; bitInfo.bmiHeader.biSize=sizeof(BITMAPINFOHEADER); bitInfo.bmiHeader....

External data link change

Is there a way to get the list command on the data toolbar?
I don't have list on my data toolbar. Is there a download for that or do I have to pay for it? I need it for a homework assignment. Thanks You need to use xl2003. That means you need to buy the newer version (or explain it to the instructor). Maybe he or she will let you slide on this section. cbuskirk20 wrote: > > I don't have list on my data toolbar. Is there a download for that or do I > have to pay for it? I need it for a homework assignment. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

how to display a activex control to toolbar?
i want to display a mfc activex control on toolbar, how to do? thanks The articel below shows how to add any control in a toolbar. THat will be a good start: http://www.codeguru.com/article.php/c2547 Another easy option might be to use a CDialogBar, which is based on a dialog template. It might be easy to add ActiveX to a dialog instead. --- Ajay ...

outlook 2003- cant send to some distribution lists
User was upgraded from office 97. the PST was moved at that time. Fast forward several months... user hit the 2gb limit on her PST file. we created a new OL2003 PST, then imported all info from the old PST. Now whenever she tries to send to certain distribution lists, she gets a "unexpected error has occurred". when she hits send. if she tries to expand the distribution list within the TO field, she gets an error of "The command selected is not valid for this recipient. The operation failed." she can open it in contacts with no errors. We have deleted the list and...

Why does the change change to a number?

Is there a way to sort a column without invoking a macro?
I am trying to get a feel for some probabilistic properties. For example, I am trying to look at the statistics of the intervals between randomly occurring pulses. I have no problem getting a column of uniformly distributed pulse times, but they are unsorted, Every time I recalculate with cmd-=, I get a new unsorted set of pulse times because of the use of the RAND function. Is there a way of taking this unsorted column and pasting it into another colun that would be sorted without invoking a macro? To simplify and be more specific consider the following. 1. In A1:A100 I have a set...

SP2 Issue on Sharing a Money 2005 File
One of the features I was interesting in with Money 2005 was the ability to share the file with another .NET Passport. I can't make this work. First Microsoft Technical support confirmed that having Windows XP SP2 installed causes a problem - I would just get the rotating arrow and no box to enter the 2nd .NET Passport. I then installed Money on 2 different machines with Windows XP SP1, and tried again, even starting with a brand new Money file and new .NET Passports. I was able to go further, but after inputing the 2nd .NET Passport, then being asked to sign in, I got that s...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

Filter contact records by customer type code in views
In version 1.2 I had set up several views of contact records by customer type code. In 3.0 this field cannot be selected as filtering criteria. While the views I had set up in 1.2 work, that cannot be changed. Is there a reason this field is no longer avialable under 3.0? This field is listed attribute. Is there a way to may it appear? Thanks for any help you can give. Brand Microsoft CRM Support maybe of help with this one, try submiting a incident for this. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Brand" wrote: > In version 1.2 I had set up several v...

How to change icon for my application

Duplicate contact folder
Using Outlook XP (2002). When creating a new email and I click on To:, I get two 'contact' folders. When viewing the Outlook folders list in 'normal' node, there is only one contact folder?! How do I remove the duplicate folder so that it doesn't appear when I click on To:? TIA Maurice Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Maurice Bishop" <Office@NoSpamHerePleaseThankyou.MJBishop.com> wrote in message news:7HADb.1362$tQ6.19788@ward...

Updating Contacts via Email
Can anyone recommend software that will send info update requests to everyone in my contacts folder and integrate their replies automatically? I found a program called Contacts Clinic, but I can't find any sort of review of it. Does it work? Is there a better alternative? I'm not looking forward to the prospect of calling every number in there to update manually. ...

Newgroups Reseting List
When I try to reset my news group list it goes to almost 30,000 and then the program stops responding. Must shut down and restart explorer. Any suggestions? Thanks, Gordon Outlook doesn't provide NNTP (network news transfer protocol) support. Neither does Explorer. Neither does *Internet* Explorer, which is maybe what you meant. You use Outlook Express for that (Outlook and IE can call it or you can load OE yourself). [Internet] Explorer is not an NNTP client so I don't know why you are restarting it. If you are using Outlook Express, repost your question in a newsgroup that d...

How to change newsgroup message font

using IMAP and Outlook to share folders on 5.5 SP4?
I've got a client with 5.5 SP4 who wants to be able to drag an email from his inbox to a shared folder that his assistant can access. The server is outside their network, so can only use IMAP or POP3 I tried opening up port 143 for IMAP and created a new public folder using Outlook. I can see this new folder using Exchange Administrator app. When I drag an email from the Outlook inbox into the new public folder, I get a msg of: Can't move the items. The server responded: REFERRAL imap://userName:AUTH="@server.com/Public/%20Folders/Test] there is no replica for that mailbox o...

Change a formula to an acual number

Sharing outlook contacts between several workstations
Hi all ! We've got a problem sharing our outlook contacts amongst about 2 workers. We've got Office 2000 on Windows 2000- resp. Windows XP-Workstations We've used so far NetFolders, but they don't seem to work anymore sinc I tried to add some users and it won't let me add more then 20 users. Anyway, in later versions of Office than Office 2000 NetFolders aren' supported anymore, so we were looking for other solutions. At the moment we've got a central .pst-File containing the contact which is copied locally to each workstation by a batch-file once a wee started by ...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?