Changing the name in the from field

I have set up a distribution list and would like to have just the name of my
orgination to show in the From field when items are sent out and not my
personal name and e-mail address.
Is there a way to do this?
Thanks Allen
0
Allen (58)

Thanks Tom, but I do not see what your asking me to look for.  I'm using
Outlook XP and when I look in the e-mail accounts (I think that's what your
asking me to do) I find no 'General tab', no 'Properties' for my mail
profile.  So I'm still at a loss at what to do.
I do want to than you for your help.

"Tom - www.tditcorp.com" wrote:

> Hi Allen,
>
> Under 'Tools' then 'Accounts'.  Click on the mail tab.  From click on
> 'Properties' of your mail profile.  In the 'General' tab you will see
> 'Name' and 'Organization'.  You can change either one or both.
>
> Run a few tests by sending something to yourself until you get what you
> desire.
>

> --
> http://www.tditcorp.com  <-- keep your computer safe and secure the easy
> way!
>
> Allen wrote:
>
> > I have set up a distribution list and would like to have just the name of my
> > orgination to show in the From field when items are sent out and not my
> > personal name and e-mail address.
> > Is there a way to do this?
> > Thanks Allen

0
Allen (58)
3/20/2005 7:49:02 PM

Allen wrote:

> I have set up a distribution list and would like to have just the name of my
> orgination to show in the From field when items are sent out and not my
> personal name and e-mail address.
> Is there a way to do this?
> Thanks Allen

0
tom999 (10)
3/20/2005 10:13:23 PM
"Tools" -> "E-mail Accounts" -> "View or change existing e-ail accounts";
"Next>" -> select the account to modify, then "Change..." -> change "Your
Name:" and/or select "More Settings..." -> change your "Organization:"

- John

"Tom - www.tditcorp.com" wrote:

> Hi Allen,
>
> Under 'Tools' then 'Accounts'.  Click on the mail tab.  From click on
> 'Properties' of your mail profile.  In the 'General' tab you will see
> 'Name' and 'Organization'.  You can change either one or both.
>
> Run a few tests by sending something to yourself until you get what you
> desire.
>

> --
> http://www.tditcorp.com  <-- keep your computer safe and secure the easy
> way!
>
> Allen wrote:
>
> > I have set up a distribution list and would like to have just the name
> > of my
> > orgination to show in the From field when items are sent out and not my
> > personal name and e-mail address.
> > Is there a way to do this?
> > Thanks Allen

legacyExchangeDN
I have a Exchange2K3 server on a Windows2K3. It is an upgrade of Exchange5.5 on WinNT. The lay out was a bit different, and some mailboxes have inherited "unwanted" values in that "legacyExchangeDN" property: recipient containers which no longer exist, mailbox (hidden) names from a different naming policy, etcetera. May I change at will that property for several users? ... without having to reinstall my whole server, of course ;-) -- TIA R� Why? Is it broken? It *could* be changed, although I advise you be careful changing that. Test the heck out of it in your en...

Sending mail when a value of a bit-field has changed
I have a bit-field with the values No and Yes. No is default. When a user changes the value to yes, I want to automatically receive an e-mail about this. I've tried using workflow on Order, but it doesn't seem to work, neither with "Manual" or "Status Change". Could someone please tell me, if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's not that simple at all. Thanks. You could write a callout for this. Callouts in MS CRM can be triggered after an update. So with each update, the callout could check if the field has changed to yes (comparing old value wit...

A get/change first operation on table SY_Resource_Activity(45)
When i try to login to GP 8.0 with a client only installed, it promt me with this erroe msg "A get/change first operation on table SY_Resource_Activity(45)" after the password login and on the 2nd ok that i click. i can login from the server itself. i can login from 1 other client that was installed when the server installed. any new computer with a new fresh installed will result in the same error msg ( tried on 4+ computer already) anyone have any idea whats going on? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C5B43E.DFACC120 Content-Type: text/...

Cannot Change Protection With VBA In Word 2007
With Word 2007, I cannot use VBA to permanently change the type of protection applied to a document. VBA changes the protection while the document is opened but once the document is closed the changes are not written to the OOXML on disk. Steps to reproduce: Step 1 Create a new document in Word 2007. Step 2 From the VBA Immediate Window, execute the following statement. ActiveDocument.Protect Password:="MyPassword", NoReset:=True, Type:=wdAllowOnlyComments, UseIRM:=False, EnforceStyleLock:=False Step 3 Verify that the specified protection has been added to the ...

change recovery model for sql database
My Great Plains database is currently on simple recovery model. We have nightly backups. I would like to do a log back up every 30 minutes so that we can recover to any point in time. What are the steps to make this change? Thank you in advance. Jack, You can follow these steps to change your database recovery model http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189272.aspx, and these steps to backup your transaction logs http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms179478.aspx. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbus...

Can i run VB code when a user changes Worksheets within an Excel Workbook
I have a Excel Spreadsheet with 6 worksheets in it The first sheet contains all the data and the other sheets do various things with the data (graphs etc) On the first sheet i have buttons above some of the table colums which sort the data by that colums. The buttons run VB code Now what i would be able to accomplish is if a user clicks on one of the other sheets, firstly I want to sort the data in Sheet 1 by the first column to get the data back in the correct order, otherwise the graphs are all wrong on the other sheets I need some kind of way to enable the following code to run when the...

DSScopeScan
I'm about to begin the Exchange 2003 (standard) deployment using the deployment tools on the CD and the only bug I get is in the orgnamecheck.log complaining about illegal characters in the organization name. says I should upgrade to Exchange 2000 first???? (not an option) also references Q281456, which doesn't help much and also found Q277844 which simply says to rename the display name of the organization prior to running the upgrade, and has been changed. But re-running DSScopeScan still returns the same complaint on the org name, even with Exchange restarted. And I know you ...

using a name label within an index function
I have defined a name label which contains a path to an external lookup workbook. If I put the path in each formula in each cell the formula looks like this: INDEX('c:\directory to workbook\workbook.xls'!MYDEFINEDRANGE;10, 12) I want to use it like this: INDEX(NameLabelThatContainsThePathToWorkbook!MYDEFINEDRANGE;10, 12) But this doesn't work. I'm using Excel 2002. Please help me. Thank you... Hi not possible with Excel's build in functions. Have a look at: http://tinyurl.com/2c62u -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Floran Stuyt" <nospam@nospa...

The File As field is empty, do you want to save this file. Outlo.
I created a contact folder with my own field names. After entering the data I want when I move to the next row of data I get this error message, "The File As field is empty. You may have not entered a name or company. Do you want to save this contact with an empty File As field?" How do I correct this error? Thanks -- Terry It's a warning, not an error. Sounds like you need to set up your data entry view so you can enter the Full Name or Company, which Outlook will automatically use to generate a File As name. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Out...

XML 2005 Late-Breaking and Product Presentation Deadline
XML 2005 Late-Breaking and Product Presentation Deadline - Tutorials Added/ changed XML 2005, November 14-18, Atlanta Hilton Hotel, Atlanta, GA http://www.xmlconference.org The deadline for late-breaking, product presentations, and town hall submissions is Friday, September 16. http://2005.xmlconference.org/node/31 The late-breaking presentations are intended to be filled with late- breaking news; however good presentations on other topics that don't duplicate material already on the program will also be considered for these slots. Submissions on fresh topics such as Ajax, alternatives ...

Change colors in Outlook calendar
In the Calendar screen of Outlook 2002 SP-2, Day/Week/Month view, my Appointments pane used to have a white background. With Windows 2000 Professional SP-4 newly reinstalled, the background is yellow. I know how to change the color of entered appointments, but how do I set the starting color for the entire pane of appointments? Tools | Options | Calendar Options should have a dropdown for the background color. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In n...

How to extract just the Column Name of the active cell
Hello, Does anyone know how to extract only the Column Name of an active cell in another cell. e.g. If active cell is D4 then I want the "D" to be extract and displayed in another cell say A1. Let me know. Regards, Fred Debug.Print ColumnLetter(activecell.Column) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Function ColumnLetter(Col As Long) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Dim sColumn As String On Error Resume Next sColumn = Split(Columns(Col).Address(, False), ":")(1) On Error GoTo 0...

Change text color in report
Is it possible to change the text color of a report field if an option button is checked in a form. Form Printlabels has option2 = red option4 = blue option6 = white is it possible to change the forcolor of txtbox(text1)in report( rptlabels ) depending which option is chosen in form Printlabels any help is appreciated stumpy wrote: >Is it possible to change the text color of a report field if an option button >is checked >in a form. >Form Printlabels has >option2 = red >option4 = blue >option6 = white > >is it possible to change the forcolor of txtbox(text1)in...

VBA: ByRef not returning changes to passed arguments
Small question: Excel macro: public myfunction(byref data as variant) as boolean do some stuff that modifies data myfunction=true end function sub mycode() dim xx as variant, x as variant xx = some value 05 myfunction (xx) 10 stop 15 x = myfunction(xx) 20 stop end sub In the locals window at line 10, xx still contains some value but at line 20 xx has been changed. I've done some digging through the installed documentation (Office 2003) and see nothing that explains why. Can someone point me towards relevant documentation? It seems that I...

Organization name change #2
I am trying to migrate from 5.5 to 2003. While running Connection Agreement Wizard it fails at the last operation due to the fact that each server have a different Organization Name. The preferable (to me) solution would be to rename the organization name in Exchange 5.5 Any idea? Thanks you can only change the "display name" of the Org... "J Braz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2115f01c45ac8$37b05ac0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to migrate from 5.5 to 2003. > While running Connection Agreement Wizard it fails at the ...

Registry change after upgrade to 2007?
I had changed my Publsiher registry to allow printing of the entire mail merge file when I had Publisher 2003. We have upgraded to 2007. Must the registry be changed again? If so, does the same fix apply? Thank you! ...

JScript to Chance Value of Drop Down Fields
Hi, to set the value of a Drop Down Field with an OnChange Event I have to write: crmForm.DropDownFieldName.value = "A"; crmForm.DropDownFieldName.returnValue = "1"; // the according returnValue to the Value "A" crmForm.DropDownFieldName.click(); //without this, the value will not be saved But how can I delete the selection of the Drop Down Field to have an empty Field??? I tried .value = "" and .returnValue = 0 or .returnValue = "" to clear the Field, but nothing worked. Any idea? Does your drop down...

auto name caching
> I move from using Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. > > In Express, when I type the first few letters of a recipients name in the > To... field, the whole e-mail address will show up. THe problem is this does > not happen in Outlook 2003. What do I have to do to have the recipients names > automatically come up just by typing the first few letters of there name, > like in express. Please advise. Thanks! That should happen in OL2003 also as long as the "Suggest names...." box is checked here: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced. "Rob D."...

How to change the start of the week to Monday (instead of Sunday)
Hi all I want to change the filter of Summary Sales report (daily sales by register) in a way that "Week to date" actually starts from Monday, instead of Sunday. Kenny There is no way to change the built in Date ranges. The only way you can accomplish what you want would be to do a Custom Date Range and manually set the starting range to Monday and the end to todays date. Rob "Planted" <Planted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1D909AB-59E0-4026-8399-68D3CAF1F90D@microsoft.com... > Hi all > > I want to change the filter of Summary Sa...

Attempting to re-create PWA site gives error "....name already exi
Hi, I am attempting to move a PWA instance from one WSS 3 farm to another. I moved the databases on an initial test OK, but when I come to try to create the PWA site again I am given the following error: "The Project Web Access site specified can not be created because a site by that name already exists." and "The database specified is already used by another project server. Enter a different server or database name and try again." These are the steps that I went through 1) Installed WSS 3.0 SP1 and confirmed functionality 2) Installed Project Server 2007 ...

Change Query Object's Criteria via code
Let me try again: TIA very much: Is it possible to change and existing Query Object's criteria via VB code?? If so how might it be done? Thanks again, Joel ...

List of localized standard field names
I'm looking for a list of standard field names available in Outlook for specific languages. Does such a list exist? In the "Microsoft Outlook VB Reference" I found a list of English names (under the topic "Outlook fields and equivalent properties") however since Outlook standard field names are localized, I need to update bindings in a custom form based on language. I'm after a list looking something like this: English | Danish | Croatian | ... ---------------------------------------- Start | Start | Pocetka | End | Slut | Dovrs...

Suggested Name option
basically I am a big Outlook guy, and I have set the defaut on the rule wizard and on the autocomplete/suggest names. and everytime I shut down/start my computer I have to type in a full email address before it can recognize it for the next time, and many times the rule wizard need to be reset. What can you advise??? thanks, if you need to email me, my email is On 10/22/2003 4:43 PM, Meir wrote: > basically I am a big Outlook guy, and I have set the > defaut on the rule wizard and on the autocomplete/suggest What Outlook version are you running and have you installed the lat...

create table with schema name
How do i create a table name which has schema name eg: shcema1.table1 Access knows nothing about the concept of schemas. You would be better to ask this question in the SQL Server 2005 newsgroups. Regards, Graham R Seach Microsoft Access MVP Sydney, Australia "Shiva" <Shiva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D1E400F-65BF-49FE-913A-1E957B1F17F1@microsoft.com... > How do i create a table name which has schema name eg: shcema1.table1 ...

Combining multiple columns into single column based one another field
What query would I need to convert this two field table - Test1 121 Test2 121 Test2 244 Test3 121 Test4 121 Test4 224 Test4 566 Test5 566 Test5 566 to this one - Test1 121 Test2 121, 244 Test3 121 Test4 121, 224, 566 Test5 566 Test5 566 Thanks in advance, Aine Answered under Reports... -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II <aine_canby@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1189783028.600190.194270@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > What query would I need to convert this two field table ...