changing send/receive to receive/send

According to my host, I need to change the option on my
Outlook 200 to check for new messages before it sends any
messages. The default is the opposite. Who knows how to
change this option?
0
caleb9231 (1)

In your email account settings, on the "outgoing server" tab

"Caleb G" <caleb@sharedlight.com> wrote in message

> According to my host, I need to change the option on my
> Outlook 200 to check for new messages before it sends any
> messages. The default is the opposite. Who knows how to
> change this option?

0
cj6178 (257)
7/9/2003 5:24:43 PM
Could you please be more specific than this. As far as I
can tell, there is no "outgoing server" tab.

If I click 'Tools', then 'Accounts', it gives me the list
of email accounts. When I choose an account and then
his 'Properties' it gives me a dialog box with four tabs.
One of those tabs says 'Servers'.

I click that tab and it shows me 'Server
Information', 'Incoming Mail Server', 'Outgoing Mail
Server' but these are not tabs. Under 'Outgoing Mail
Server' there is a checkbox for 'Server Requires
Authentication'. I have that checked. Next to that is a
button marked 'Settings'. For my settings, I have 'Use
Same Settings As Incoming Server'.

None of this deals with choosing to look for new messages
first, before sending messages. Could you be more specific
with your help? This is Outlook 2000. Thanks.

Sending/Receiving e-mail #2
When I try to send/receive e-mail I get an error message (0X80042108)Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (pop3) e-mail server. I have mail and can access it through web mail. My ISP is Road Runner and virus protection is Tren Micro Internet Security/2004. Hi Steve, please read this article, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318790 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2decd01c46aaa$da7323e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Wh...

not able to send email
When I try to send email i get this message: Please help The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'literacy' Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10013 Has this ever worked for you? If so, what has changed? Yahoo has not recommended that server for several years already. What type of Yahoo account do you have, free (US-based), free (other country than US), paid (Mail Plus), or a partnered account via one of = the=20 big ISPs (AT&T, Verizon, etc.)? Who is your IS...

External data link change

outlook 2003- cant send to some distribution lists
User was upgraded from office 97. the PST was moved at that time. Fast forward several months... user hit the 2gb limit on her PST file. we created a new OL2003 PST, then imported all info from the old PST. Now whenever she tries to send to certain distribution lists, she gets a "unexpected error has occurred". when she hits send. if she tries to expand the distribution list within the TO field, she gets an error of "The command selected is not valid for this recipient. The operation failed." she can open it in contacts with no errors. We have deleted the list and...

Why does the change change to a number?

incoming emails ok but can't send emails
I recently added a ES 2003 to an Exchange 5.5 org. and so far so good. Now I want to decomission 5.5 but when I stopped the services (as a test), I can't send email anymore but receiving works fine. - Telnet on exch2003 server port 25 is responding - nslookup works fine returning the proper MX record in the domain from outside I changed the MX record on the internal DNS server to point to the new ES 2003. I know MX records are related to incoming messages. So what did I miss ? TIA The 5.5 server still has an IMS. Add an SMTP Connector to the Ex2003 server and increase the co...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

Send.Item message when using mapi emailing
Hi, When using the MAPI profile to send mails via Send.Item Outlook stops and shows the Yes, No message for permission to send. I have checked all IE settings and Outlook but cant turn this off? I know its there somewhere, any help locating and turning off this setting would be fantastic! Kind Regards James See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later versions. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, an...

How to change newsgroup message font

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

Cant send emails 06-04-10
I get the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'free movies', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E How do I fix it so I can get emails. ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Problem sending the command to the program
Just recently when trying to open an excel document the message of "problem sending the command to the program" pops up. Any solution? ...

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

Can I send messages from access using outlook?
I thought it was possible to link the address book in Outlook to my Access data base. I'm unsure what to do. ...

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change