Changing mail Form

I would like to change the new mail form permanently on my outlook 2003
client. I have created the form template I wish to use and saved it and can
use it if I choose it, but do not know how to set as the permanent default
for when opening the send new message button.
Thanks in advance.

Why do you want to do this? Using a custom form as your message form will
make it difficult to send attachments to non-Outlook recipients.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"demon" <mark1.smith@virgin.net> wrote in message
>I would like to change the new mail form permanently on my outlook 2003
>client. I have created the form template I wish to use and saved it and can
>use it if I choose it, but do not know how to set as the permanent default
>for when opening the send new message button.
> Thanks in advance.

0
suemvp (4040)
2/20/2005 2:43:52 PM
Right click on the in-box, select properties, then use the dropdown to
select the form to use when posting to this folder.  Browse to your form and
select it.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head-scratching, demon asked this group:

| I would like to change the new mail form permanently on my outlook
| 2003 client. I have created the form template I wish to use and saved
| it and can use it if I choose it, but do not know how to set as the
| permanent default for when opening the send new message button.
| Thanks in advance.

0
MillyS (3228)
2/20/2005 5:48:20 PM
This does not work, whatever i try when i click to create a new message it
still picks up default form.
Any help with this one would be good.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<millys@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> Right click on the in-box, select properties, then use the dropdown to
> select the form to use when posting to this folder.  Browse to your form
> and
> select it.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head-scratching, demon asked this group:
>
> | I would like to change the new mail form permanently on my outlook
> | 2003 client. I have created the form template I wish to use and saved
> | it and can use it if I choose it, but do not know how to set as the
> | permanent default for when opening the send new message button.
> | Thanks in advance.

Is this only a problem with outlook 2003 or is this an issue with all
versions of outlook.

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> Why do you want to do this? Using a custom form as your message form will
> make it difficult to send attachments to non-Outlook recipients.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>     Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "demon" <mark1.smith@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>I would like to change the new mail form permanently on my outlook 2003
>>client. I have created the form template I wish to use and saved it and
>>can use it if I choose it, but do not know how to set as the permanent
>>default for when opening the send new message button.
>> Thanks in advance.

Outlook 2002 and 2003. You still didn't say why you want to use a custom
form.

--

> Is this only a problem with outlook 2003 or is this an issue with all
> versions of outlook.
>

> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>> Why do you want to do this? Using a custom form as your message form will
>> make it difficult to send attachments to non-Outlook recipients.

>> "demon" <mark1.smith@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>>I would like to change the new mail form permanently on my outlook 2003
>>>client. I have created the form template I wish to use and saved it and
>>>can use it if I choose it, but do not know how to set as the permanent
>>>default for when opening the send new message button.
>>> Thanks in advance.

0
suemvp (4040)
2/20/2005 11:28:09 PM
For the same reason most people customize windows when they know how to "i
used a custom form on 98 until i upgraded to 2003" its an annoyance when you
think something can be done and you dont know how to, however i will have to
accept it looks like its not worth pursuing this one though.
Thanks for your help.
> Outlook 2002 and 2003. You still didn't say why you want to use a custom
> form.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>     Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "demon" <mark1.smith@virgin.net> wrote in message
>> Is this only a problem with outlook 2003 or is this an issue with all
>> versions of outlook.
>>

>> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>>> Why do you want to do this? Using a custom form as your message form
>>> will make it difficult to send attachments to non-Outlook recipients.
>

>>> "demon" <mark1.smith@virgin.net> wrote in message

If you explain what functionality you are trying to add by using a custom
form, we can perhaps suggest ways to accomplish that goal without running
into undesired side effects.

--

> For the same reason most people customize windows when they know how to "i
> used a custom form on 98 until i upgraded to 2003" its an annoyance when
> you think something can be done and you dont know how to, however i will
> have to accept it looks like its not worth pursuing this one though.
> Thanks for your help.
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>> Outlook 2002 and 2003. You still didn't say why you want to use a custom
>> form.
>>
>> "demon" <mark1.smith@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>> Is this only a problem with outlook 2003 or is this an issue with all
>>> versions of outlook.
>>>

>>> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message

0
suemvp (4040)

how create sum function in form field
I'm trying to utilize the sum function in a field on an Outlook 2002 form. I want the form field to sum up the other form fields. Sum is not a function listed in the value tab. Please advise. ...

External data link change

e-mail notification
I cannot get outlook to notify me when I receive e-mail in a shared inbox. I get notification when I receive e- mail into personal inbox. Would prefer to receive notification for shared inbox if I can't get notification for both. Thanks Hi, I just posted a similar message about outlook 2003. What version are you using? >-----Original Message----- >I cannot get outlook to notify me when I receive e-mail >in a shared inbox. I get notification when I receive e- >mail into personal inbox. Would prefer to receive >notification for shared inbox if I can't get noti...

Why does the change change to a number?

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Mail Merge Publications as E-mails in Publishher 2003
I don't know what I'm missing but I'm sure someone can set me straight. 1) I want to send a Publisher e-mail template to people in my Outlook contacts. I'm familiar with mail merging in Word. 2) When I go through the mail merging process in Publisher, I see no option to actually send it as an e-mail. 3) I end up with a merge that has individual publications but no option to send these as e-mails. 4) If I do a similiar process in Word, at some point after I select that I want an e-mail, I get an option following through with the e-mail procedure. 5) I have read several post...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Table in Access Form
Hello, I want to put a table in ACCESS form. And the numbers or the text will be used in querries and coding. How can i do this? Thanks... Regards, Create a form with a datasheet view of your table: 1. Select the table you want to use 2. Use the form wizard to create the Datasheet View. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "SupperDuck" <SupperDuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BB96B3-879A-4AB0-9CC4-39173D6C54D0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I want to put a table in ACCES...

Tracking Changes

Adding tabs to a form
Hi all! What happens if I add a lot of new tabs to a form, say the Incident form? Will there be a kind of slide bar or something when I deploy the customization, in order to reach the tabs at the most right? Is there a limit in the number of tabs we can add to a form? Thanks in advance! Mathieu. Mathieu, There is a limit of 8 tabs. During my testing, I did not see a scroll bar for the tabs appear. Looks like you need some brevity with tab names... HTH, Dave ------------------------------------------------- David L. Carr, President Visionary Software Consulting, Inc. Main #: 971-3...

Save Changes? #2

colour change of dated box

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...