Changed out mobo, can I retrieve mail from old drive

I recently had a motherboard fail.  With the new motherboard I am unable to
boot into the old install of XP I had.  After I tried it not properly find
all the chipset/devices and rendered that XP install corrupt.  With another
drive I re-installed XP.  Is there a way, since I cant boot into the old
drive, to retrieve my Outlook XP stuff (mail specifically) such as mail,
contacts, accounts.  I am sure this has been brought up before, but I havnt
found an answer yet.

Thanks.

0
anon1 (58)

Mount the old drive as slave and do a search for *.pst
inport into the fresh install outlook

0
anonymous (74717)
4/15/2004 2:27:14 PM
Does this hold true if in the previous install of Outlook XP I didnt do an
export? (as I didnt expect the mobo to die).

> Mount the old drive as slave and do a search for *.pst
> inport into the fresh install outlook

0
anon1 (58)
4/15/2004 4:42:37 PM
The .pst file holds all of your Outlook items.  No need for Exporting - for
what reason?  Export to what format?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Scott asked:

| Does this hold true if in the previous install of Outlook XP I didnt
| do an export? (as I didnt expect the mobo to die).
|
| <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|| Mount the old drive as slave and do a search for *.pst
|| inport into the fresh install outlook

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
4/15/2004 6:09:45 PM
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Mount the old drive as slave and do a search for *.pst
> inport into the fresh install outlook

No, don't import into the reinstalled Outlook.  Use File>Open>Outlook Data
File and then move the items from the old PST to the new.  You can also just
copy the old PST to your new drive somewhere, open it, and make it the
default delivery location.  Close the new PST and delete it and you're back
to where you were on the old setup.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
4/15/2004 6:57:18 PM
I searched the drive and it did not find a .pst

I made sure to be able to view hidden and system files
just in case.  I know Outlook (from Office XP not
Express) was working when the mobo went down, as I used
it the night before.  When I woke up the some fans had
dfied and fired the board.  The drive was fine and I have
been pulling stuff off of it.  Copies though, not moving.

Any suggestions?  That is why I ask whether the pst had
to be exported first from the old install to get the pst,
as my search hadnt come up with anything?  Is there a
default location I can look for it manually?

0
anonymous (74717)
4/15/2004 10:46:45 PM
Scott <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I searched the drive and it did not find a .pst
....snip...
> Is there a default location I can look for it manually?

x:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Local Settings\Application
data\Microsoft\Outlook or
x:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Application data\Microsoft\Outlook
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

incoming emails ok but can't send emails
I recently added a ES 2003 to an Exchange 5.5 org. and so far so good. Now I want to decomission 5.5 but when I stopped the services (as a test), I can't send email anymore but receiving works fine. - Telnet on exch2003 server port 25 is responding - nslookup works fine returning the proper MX record in the domain from outside I changed the MX record on the internal DNS server to point to the new ES 2003. I know MX records are related to incoming messages. So what did I miss ? TIA The 5.5 server still has an IMS. Add an SMTP Connector to the Ex2003 server and increase the co...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

Why can I suddenly not see toolbar options when I'm working on a d
Suddenly when I'm working on a document I have to click on "home" or "view" or "review" etc. EACH TIME I want to use a feature like bullet or indent paragraph etc. Until today when I clicked on "home" all the home tools stayed visible at the top of the document until I moved to "view" or "review" etc. Now as soon as I type on my document, the "home" (or whatever) tools disappear and I have to click "home" (or whatever) each time to see them. How did this happen and how do I fix it??? You have &...

VLOOKUP: Retrieving Values
Vlookup: I am trying to lookup a value ( SCOTLAND ) on a spreadsheet called ( Data ) in order to populate ceratin cells on my other spreadsheet ( Spreadone ). If the value (SCOTLAND) is located in (Data) I want it to copy the values of specific cells (not all of them ) from the same row into ( Spreadone ). So : CHECK COLUMN N (CLASS) IN SPREADSHEET (DATA) FOR STRING (SCOTLAND) IF THE STRING = SCOTLAND THEN IN SPREADSHEET (Spreadone) POPULATE CELL A7:A25 = ACCOUNT NO (from Data) CELL B7:B25 = CLIENT (from Data) CELL C7:C25 = CUSIP (from Data) CELL D7:D25 = QTY (from Data) CELL E7:E25...

I don't have MS Publisher, how can I view a .pub file?
Someone sent me a .pub file and I don't have Publisher. How can I view the ..pub file? Thanks, Mike Archangel Get the sender to re-send it in .pdf format, go and buy Publisher for yourself.. there is no viewer available.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User "Archangel" <Archangel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4CF3827-F640-4ECD-AB52-F93CA89934A5@microsoft.com... > Someone sent me a .pub file and I don't have Publisher. How can I view > the > .pub file? > > Thanks, > > Mike ...

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

where can I find the database schema?
and further info about what happens when a transaction occurs? I downloaded the sdk but didnt' see much in there regarding this. Anyone know? Thanks Hi Not sure you can, w/o the customisation guide - which is a closely guarded secret. If you are a strong database person the best thing to do is to run SQL Profiler that comes with SQL Server 2000. It will log pretty well everything that happens. You still will have to figure out the schema yourself but you will see what is going into what tables. JPH On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 04:59:39 -0700, D <Dave@nothing.net> wrote: ...

Mail Merge Publications as E-mails in Publishher 2003
I don't know what I'm missing but I'm sure someone can set me straight. 1) I want to send a Publisher e-mail template to people in my Outlook contacts. I'm familiar with mail merging in Word. 2) When I go through the mail merging process in Publisher, I see no option to actually send it as an e-mail. 3) I end up with a merge that has individual publications but no option to send these as e-mails. 4) If I do a similiar process in Word, at some point after I select that I want an e-mail, I get an option following through with the e-mail procedure. 5) I have read several post...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it?
Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it? Puneet Arora -- puneetarora_12 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ puneetarora_12's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389664 you can hide a sheet on the format> sheet menu.Dont know about the password thng tho sorry -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "puneetarora_12" wrote: > > Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it? > > > Puneet...

Can't login after 20 minutes online
When i'm using my computer for about 20 minutes and want to login messenger it doesnt login. Only when i reset my ethernet card (simply turn off with rightclick on network icon) and turn it on again (the same way) then it wil login. I dont know witch settings i need to change so it will always login when i want it ? "Maurice Konings" <MauriceKonings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2B34F57-2C5C-44F6-B43B-5F09391E18AC@microsoft.com... > When i'm using my computer for about 20 minutes and want to login > messenger it doesnt logi...

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Can I send messages from access using outlook?
I thought it was possible to link the address book in Outlook to my Access data base. I'm unsure what to do. ...

Can't install update KB9532957...see below message for particulars
I STILL can't install: Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows XP (etc) and Windows Server 2008 R2 ( KB953297 ) More and more system blocks and failures are occuring... PLEASE HELP !!! Many thanks in advance! See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953297 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support c...