Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.

When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I
was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the
new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got
the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found."

Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution?
0
fixit (2)

What version of Outlook?  Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like
yours is corrupt.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head-scratching, fixit asked this group:

| When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders"
| folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and
| right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and
| when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed.
| An object could not be found."
|
| Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution?

0
MillyS (3228)
1/22/2005 8:36:12 AM
I'm using Outlook 2003. I tried your suggestion. All is working as expected
not.
Thanks for your assistance.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> What version of Outlook?  Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like
> yours is corrupt.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head-scratching, fixit asked this group:
>
> | When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders"
> | folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and
> | right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and
> | when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed.
> | An object could not be found."
> |
> | Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution?

0
Leonard (22)

Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.
When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution? What version of Outlook? Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like yours is corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

clearing old stuff on calendar
Hello, I have a hand held device which I sync with outlook. The syncing process takes forever because my calendar goes back to 2000. I would like to fix this by clearing the old calendar events but I don't know how. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks Bill Change the properties on your handhelp to only synch the last few weeks and all future weeks instead. Otherwise, you can try archiving your calandar prior to a specific date. Use F1 help for initial assistance and post back if you have any specific question about the process. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] P...