Change password on Exchange account

I'm trying to change my Exchange server password from within Outlook 2003,
but cannot find that function anywhere in the user interface. Am I not
observant enough, or is it not possible?

dOinK

0
tvanvik (15)

I also cannot find this.  Don't know where it went but our users rely on it.

Anyone have any idea?

"dOinK" <tvanvik@on_DELETE_line.no> wrote in message
> I'm trying to change my Exchange server password from within Outlook 2003,
> but cannot find that function anywhere in the user interface. Am I not
> observant enough, or is it not possible?
>
> dOinK

SOME ENHANCEMENT that MS gave us on OL2003 - there is NO longer a change
password box!!! To change your password you have to go to TOOLS/OPTIONS - on
the OTHER TAB, then select ADVANCED OPTIONS, then select CUSTOM FORMS, then
select PASSWORD......

MUCH EASIER - HUH??!! If Anyone reads this with MS PULL - PLEASE ADD THE
PASSWORD CHANGE BACK!!!! My users would be SO much more Happier and they'd
stop bugging me so much!!! :--)

goldsboc <cheryl.goldsborough@custserv.com> wrote:

> MUCH EASIER - HUH??!! If Anyone reads this with MS PULL - PLEASE ADD
> THE PASSWORD CHANGE BACK!!!! My users would be SO much more Happier
> and they'd stop bugging me so much!!! :--)

outwish at microsoft dot com is the address to use.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Corporate Contact Lists
Hi, Can someone give me some pointers or a how-to on setting up shared contact lists and making them visible to groups of users. In particular it would be good if I could assign them to the users at the server end rather than having to instruct the users in how to go an open them. TIA Steve "runningdog" <runningdog@reply.to.newsgroup> wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone give me some pointers or a how-to on setting up shared contact >lists and making them visible to groups of users. > >In particular it would be good if I could assign them to the users at the >...

Copy setup tables and changing functional currency
I have a Company database named PRIMARY where the Default currency is USD. The Company has 8 other currencies. I have a brand new Company database named SECONDARY and I want the Default currency to be VEB and not USD. I have read tech articles 872709 and 874208 on using DTS to get the setup data over to the new Company database. This is a 7.5 version of GP. I seem to have an issue with database triggers on the SECONDARY Company database after the DTS. Has anybody been through the process of creating a new Company database along with DTS of the setup tables and changed the functional cu...

Password #7
Will creating password for excel 2003 (97/2000 compatible) at a user account be unable to open at another user account? If the other user knows the password, the file can be opened anywhere by virtually anyone. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:03:52 +0800, "crapit" <biggercrap@yahoo.com> wrote: >Will creating password for excel 2003 (97/2000 compatible) at a user account >be unable to open at another user account? > ...

Close Appointment in CRM changes Outlook appt to Free on sync CRM
I noticed a behavior, and it seems like it should not function this way. If you track an Outlook appointment in CRM, then close the CRM appointment, the next time CRM syncs to Outlook the Outlook appointment's free/busy is changed to free from busy. Granted the CRM appointment is now closed, but I don't think this should change the appointment to Free, which is an inaccurate representation of what the appointment was. If you agree, please post to this comment. Thanks. ...

Import account
Hello Can I import accounts from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2002, I export from Outlook 2000 all accouts (.iaf files) but I'm not able to import them thank you ...

can't change formula toolbar height
Whenever I open either a new sheet or an existing worksheet the formula toolbar/namebox is way to high, the fonts inside the namebox are 20 and the font size in the Normal style is 20. I can change the Normal style to 10pt, but it doesn't change the formula height or the font in the namebox. And it doesn't stay changed. When I close the program and restart it the huge fonts are back. Any ideas? You should change the font name/size specified under Tools, Options, General. Then restart Excel. This will change the definition of the default Normal style for _new_ workbooks only...

changing text to numeric
i have two table. one is PO table and one is DI (delivery instruction) table. i have make a form and using DI table as the control source. then i make a combo box to look up the PO no. that combo box i'm using the PO table. cos i want to look into the PO table to see which PO i want to call in the material from the supplier. after select the PO no from the PO table i will keep the data in the DI table. PO no from the PO table was change from number field to text field when in the DI table. can i make the PO no as number field in DI table? how? cos i need using the PO no which is in ...

Event ID:8230
Is there any updated TechNet Articles or what do I need to do for these? After my upgrade I seem to be getting a lot of them. Windows 2003 Enterprise, Exchange 2003 Enterprise Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8230 Date: date Time: time User: N/A Computer: Servername Description: An inconsistency was detected in username@domain.com: /Calendar/Appointment.EML. The calendar is being repaired. If other errors occur with this calendar, please view the calendar using Microsoft Outlook Web Access. If a problem persists, please recreate the calendar or the containing mailbox. Ad...

Exchange 5.5 Administrator for XP
I need to install the Exchange Administrator (for 5.5) onto a Windows XP Pro machine. We are installing a Blackberry Enterprise Server. The Backoffice Server 4.5 disks we have will not run on an XP machine. Where can I get the Exchange 5.5 Administrator for XP? ...

Multiple Email Accounts #2
I have users that have multiple email accounts. I know that I can have all three email accounts dump into one mailbox using alias accounts. However, how can I send from different accounts in outlook? Does Exchange 2007 slove this problem. On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:39:02 -0800, Shannon <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have users that have multiple email accounts. I know that I can have all >three email accounts dump into one mailbox using alias accounts. However, >how can I send from different accounts in outlook? Does Exchange 2007 slove >this problem. ...

Outlook 2003 won't save password in pop3 account settings
I am trying to set my email account settings to remember my password and it still prompts me everytime I send or receive email for the password. If I type it in, I have no trouble connecting and getting mail though. I am working through a citrix terminal to connect to outlook 2003 running on our company server. Is this a known bug? Is there a patch? Help! Sean Cartwright ...

Exchange Internet Mail Wizard
Good Morning, I tried running the Internet mail wizard and recieved the following error message, Exchange System Manager Facility: LDAP Provider ID NO: 80071392 Exchange System Manager Thanks in advance for you help. Donta ...

Outlook has problems connecting to Exchange server when I use remote desktop
Hi, all I've noticed a strange problem recently: when I connect to my PC at the office from my home PC, using remote desktop, Outlook running on the office PC frequently has problems connecting to the company Exchange server. I get the following error message: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040115) : 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.' The problem does go away after a while, and seems to go away if I close & re-open Outlook. I haven't noticed t...

Exchange 2003 Problem #3
Early this morning, I had to reboot our Exchange 2003 server. Unfortunately, it didn't come back up, instead stopping at the window stating "applying computer settings." Despite a couple of reboots, the server locks up at that point. A moment ago, we were able to get into the system, by accessing the registry remotely, and setting some Exchange services to start manually. As a result, we're back into the system. However, we're still at a loss to explain why the server is locking up, and are facing mounting pressure from upper management to get it fixed. Do yo...

multiple email accounts #3
is there a way to have and manage more than one email account in outlook 2000 similar to what can be done in outlook express? thanks In article <007d01c3c4d4$2d7b9310$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |is there a way to have and manage more than one email |account in outlook 2000 similar to what can be done in |outlook express? thanks | Certainly is. If you're running in Internet Mail Only Mode, no. If you're in Corporate or Workgroup mode, yes, there is. You can check your mode by selecting About Microsoft Outlook from the Help menu. If you&#...

treeview item's icon changed to dark when it was cutted
// clear cut state TreeView_SetItemState( hwnd, hItemCut, 0, TVIS_CUT ) ; // set cut state TreeView_SetItemState( hwnd, hItemCut, TVIS_CUT,TVIS_CUT ) ; When I cutted the item,its icon changed to dark.I hope it changes to a little vague,just like windows explorer.I can change item's icon by myself without setting TVIS_CUT state,but does it mean TVIS_CUT is useless if I do that? Also I tried to use overlay image to get the effect but failed. I haven't had much luck with that one either. You could try to use custom draw to change your fonts on selected items: http://msdn2.microsoft...

change CBrush's color
Hi, I have a CBrush member in a class. At the beginning, I call CBrush::CreateSolidBrush() to initialize the brush with a color. My question is, how to change the brush color later? Can I just call CBrush::CreateSolidBrush() again with the new color? Thanks for your help. Tony "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FD53482.70204@srac.com... > Hi, > > I have a CBrush member in a class. At the beginning, I call > CBrush::CreateSolidBrush() to initialize the brush with a color. My > question is, how to change the brush color later? Can I ju...

Changing a record from active to inactive issue
Hi I've got a set of CRM training courses and the status of the course progresses through various stages. However I noticed that when we make the course inactive (i.e. after it's delivered or cancelled) the status changes to cancelled. I've found in the attribute for the record that the inactive state only had cancelled so I've added delivered as the other option but assumed this would copy across from the active state of the record. But it doesn't the record just defaults to what ever option I chose as the default. How can I get the inactive status to reflect the acti...

Exchange in seperate domains
I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Our hospital and another (parent) hospital have merged. The two hospitals are connected via T1. The other hospital has a Windows 2003 AD domain with Exchange 2003 (them.com). We also have a Windows 2003 AD domain but it's completely seperate from them (us.com). We don't want to join their domain but rather keep things as seperated as possible. These mergers come and go all the time. We have to be able to access data on some of their servers so we plan on seting up an externa...

changing text case
Is there a way to change the text case in Excel? Ex. from all caps to Sentence case, etc. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/change_the_case_of_text_in_cells_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Linda B" <LindaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0BCD63F-3E4F-4F18-9FFD-8310E5840C8A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the text case in Excel? > > Ex. from all caps to Sentence case, etc. Excel supports conversion to upper, lower or proper case, but it has no sentence case. I created this ...

Drag and drop without changing the format of the cell left behind
I would like to move text from one cell to another without losing the format of the cell I draged it from, or have the format auto revert back after I drop the cell. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I don't know of a way to do this. Why not CTRL-Drag (copy/drag)? It'll keep the original contents in the originating cell along with the formatting. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I would like to move text from one cell to another without losing the >format of the cell I draged it from, or have the format auto revert >back after I drop the cell. >...

Exchange 2003 EVENTID 9188
I keep getting this error message every 20 minutesEvent Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 9188 Date: 8/28/2006 Time: 12:41:35 PM User: N/A Computer: SVR-EXC01 Description: Microsoft Exchange System Attendant failed to read the membership of group 'cn=Exchange Domain Servers,cn=Users,dc=PortofWilmingtonDE,dc=int'. Error code '80072020'. Please check whether the local computer is a member of the group. If it is not, stop all the Microsoft Exchange services, add the local computer into the group manually and restart all the services. For...

Payee change
Not sure how it happened but my version of Money changed the name of my mortgage payee to another. This affected all my loan payments dating back 5+ years. This entry is generated by a auto bill viewable in bill summary. I fixed the future transaction by editing the bill but all the prior payments are wrong. Is there any way to change this as a batch instead of each transaction? This is very time consuming. Thanks... & Happy New year In microsoft.public.money, SCOTT wrote: >Not sure how it happened but my version of Money changed the name of my >mortgage payee to...

Uninstalling and completely removing Exchange 2003?
Hi, We are in the process of working on uninstalling and completely removing our Exchange 2003 from our environment and our Active Directory domain. We are not moving to another email program we are just following our corporate policy and have started to use the corporate Exchange 2003 server instead of our own local Exchange 2003 server. My question is does anyone know how or where to find the documents to properly remove Exchange 2003 with out affecting the Active Directory domain and also to not leave any trace of it. To my understanding it is not good to have any trace of a previou...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise Capabilities
Hi guys, can anyone tell me if Enterprise Exchange sitting on Enterprise Server 2003 is capable of emailing 20 million users on a daily basis? The system would be running on a dual g3 Dell server, maybe a 1750 with a couple of Gb of ram and some NAS storage as a back-end. If not, do you know Microsofts recommended solution? Any help gratefully received. Not to take away from Exchange, but you can try Ironport as a gateway device to do the mass emailings. Just don't send me spam please. They do have really good MTAs for outbound mail. They also use Exchange as the back-end. A ...