change default outlook folder name

can I changed the default outlook folder names?  like
Sent Items, Deleted Items, Junk E-Mail etc.  because I'm
connecting to a IMAP server which has it's own set of
folders for the exact same functionality.  it's very
annoy to have two sets of folders, and I can't seem to
change these on the IMAP end, so how I can change the
Outlook folders to match my IMAP server, if it's
possible.  thanks!

you can't change the default names.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"dj" <shinakuma8@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> can I changed the default outlook folder names?  like
> Sent Items, Deleted Items, Junk E-Mail etc.  because I'm
> connecting to a IMAP server which has it's own set of
> folders for the exact same functionality.  it's very
> annoy to have two sets of folders, and I can't seem to
> change these on the IMAP end, so how I can change the
> Outlook folders to match my IMAP server, if it's
> possible.  thanks!

0
dianenws (1904)

External data link change

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

outlook 2003- cant send to some distribution lists
User was upgraded from office 97. the PST was moved at that time. Fast forward several months... user hit the 2gb limit on her PST file. we created a new OL2003 PST, then imported all info from the old PST. Now whenever she tries to send to certain distribution lists, she gets a "unexpected error has occurred". when she hits send. if she tries to expand the distribution list within the TO field, she gets an error of "The command selected is not valid for this recipient. The operation failed." she can open it in contacts with no errors. We have deleted the list and...

Why does the change change to a number?

outlook 2000 #31
I cannot customize outlook today page now. The capability to do this quit working about six weeks ago. I have re- installed outlook 2000 but that does not help. ...

If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The
If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The specified network name is no longer available." again. how to clean this up? after this the stream writer is stuck connected until i restart my process. ...

Synchronize Desktop Outlook to Outlook Web Access?
Using Outlook 2003 with Win XP SP1, latest updates to both. I just got a new e-mail address from work, which uses Outlook Web Access (Exchange server) for its web mail. Since the folders look similar to the Outlook folders in my desktop Outlook, I wonder if there is a way to synchronize the data between my desktop Outlook, and that on the web. In other words, to import the contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, etc. from my desktop Outlook into the folders on the web. My Inbox as well. (I have several e-mail accounts, all going into one Inbox in my desktop Outlook. Of course, I think I can only a...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

Outlook Unknown Error 0x8004060C
Hi, I have the following error message at the end of downloading new messages. The system stop and shows a popup with "Unknown Error 0x8004060C" I installed Outlook XP again but I got the same problem. Everything was working fine until...it could be an email of around 3Mb who stopped everything. I have no idea. Please help me. Thanks, Olivier I found a solution. This message means that you reach the limit of size of your pst file. You need to backup your pst file and create a new one. Or at least diminish the size of your actual pst file. Hope this will help someone, O...

Microsoft Outlook #22
I am trying to figure out how to receive/sent emails with Microsoft Outlook from a remote site computer (away from office/home computer). Where can I find this information or what are the procedures? I like access my e-mails while traveling. Unless you are talking about an .ost file with Microsoft Exchange or Outlook Web Access, you better HOPE you can't access your local Outlook over the internet as this would mean that your computer is open to anyone on the Internet. However, if you mean can you setup a mail account identical to your one at home, then if you are using the same ISP,...

Automatically move original email to folder on reply
When replying to messages, I want the original email to be automatically moved to a folder within my mailbox. I have played around with the inbox rules however, it appears I can only automatically move a copy of my sent message to a designated folder, and not my original message. Each time I reply to messages I want them moved to folder x. I know I could just create a rule to move them all into folder x before I read them however, I want to leave my unreplied messages in my inbox so I know which messages still need responses. Any help much appreciated!! Thanks. You should be abl...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

Duplicate contact folder
Using Outlook XP (2002). When creating a new email and I click on To:, I get two 'contact' folders. When viewing the Outlook folders list in 'normal' node, there is only one contact folder?! How do I remove the duplicate folder so that it doesn't appear when I click on To:? TIA Maurice Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Maurice Bishop" <Office@NoSpamHerePleaseThankyou.MJBishop.com> wrote in message news:7HADb.1362$tQ6.19788@ward...

outlook express attachments #15
I'm not able to open any attachments that come to my outlook express inbox. They're there ok, but when I click to open them or save them, nothing happens (apart from a small 'freeze'). By accessing the email differently, the note comes up: "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail...". Is there anyway that I can get around this and open attachments that I know should be ok? I'm running Outlook Express 6 and Windows XP. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks so much Go to tools choose options. Click on the security tab and uncheck do not ...

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

How to change newsgroup message font

using IMAP and Outlook to share folders on 5.5 SP4?
I've got a client with 5.5 SP4 who wants to be able to drag an email from his inbox to a shared folder that his assistant can access. The server is outside their network, so can only use IMAP or POP3 I tried opening up port 143 for IMAP and created a new public folder using Outlook. I can see this new folder using Exchange Administrator app. When I drag an email from the Outlook inbox into the new public folder, I get a msg of: Can't move the items. The server responded: REFERRAL imap://userName:AUTH="@server.com/Public/%20Folders/Test] there is no replica for that mailbox o...

Change a formula to an acual number

Outlook 2003 MSKSrver.exe! RUNS ALL TIME HOGS MEMORY!
Outlook 2003 Too Slow! I used the MicroSoft task manager to find-out what all the action in the background is! MSKSrver.exe RUNS ALL the time at 85 to 95 CPU and the CPU total usage is near 100% ALL the time with nothing major running but MSKSrver.exe! Whenever I try to do anything else, the new application takes forever to get going as it must compete with MSKSrver.exe! Why is that database server working all the time? What is it doing? I do not use "Favorite Folders" or "Business Contact Manager" yet, though those are areas show in MAIL, empty. I don'...