Change Default Email Layout

In a new email in Outlook if you click View you get a drop down menu with
Normal, Web Layout & Print Layout. The default is Web Layout. I know that
you can just select a different layout for the current message but how do
you change the default to one of the other layouts for all new messages? I
can't seem to find the setting. Thanks for any ideas

Patrick

0
phoban (3)

This is with Word as the e-mail editor, correct?  What version of
Word/Outlook are you using?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:eNC1hF5rDHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Patrick Hoban wrote:

> In a new email in Outlook if you click View you get a drop down menu
> with Normal, Web Layout & Print Layout. The default is Web Layout. I
> know that you can just select a different layout for the current
> message but how do you change the default to one of the other layouts
> for all new messages? I can't seem to find the setting. Thanks for
> any ideas
>
> Patrick

External data link change

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

Why does the change change to a number?

incoming emails ok but can't send emails
I recently added a ES 2003 to an Exchange 5.5 org. and so far so good. Now I want to decomission 5.5 but when I stopped the services (as a test), I can't send email anymore but receiving works fine. - Telnet on exch2003 server port 25 is responding - nslookup works fine returning the proper MX record in the domain from outside I changed the MX record on the internal DNS server to point to the new ES 2003. I know MX records are related to incoming messages. So what did I miss ? TIA The 5.5 server still has an IMS. Add an SMTP Connector to the Ex2003 server and increase the co...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Automatically move original email to folder on reply
When replying to messages, I want the original email to be automatically moved to a folder within my mailbox. I have played around with the inbox rules however, it appears I can only automatically move a copy of my sent message to a designated folder, and not my original message. Each time I reply to messages I want them moved to folder x. I know I could just create a rule to move them all into folder x before I read them however, I want to leave my unreplied messages in my inbox so I know which messages still need responses. Any help much appreciated!! Thanks. You should be abl...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

Updating Contacts via Email
Can anyone recommend software that will send info update requests to everyone in my contacts folder and integrate their replies automatically? I found a program called Contacts Clinic, but I can't find any sort of review of it. Does it work? Is there a better alternative? I'm not looking forward to the prospect of calling every number in there to update manually. ...

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

How to change newsgroup message font

Cant send emails 06-04-10
I get the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'free movies', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E How do I fix it so I can get emails. ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to permanently redirect an exchange smtp email account to third party address.
I have been successful with creating a server side outlook rule that will redirect all inbound email and also delete it. This is fine but the email ends up in the profiles sent folder and deleted items. Attempting to add the "delete permanetly" rule does not work because the rule is client based, and we dont want the outlook client to be running permanetly. This account is not managed and I do not want to have to manually log in and clean it out eventually. In the UNIX world Its a simple creation of an alias... Again how would I create an email redirect within Exchange without t...

some replies come from default account
Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email was sent and others come from my default address. For example if I reply to a message that came to kozmo@thisaddress.com, the reply comes from kozmo@defaultaddress.com. I can change it manually for each reply but that's a pain and if I forget to it's a problem. Not all messages behave this way. Some come from the correct "reply from" address. I can't figure out what the difference is for those that come from the correct address. I'm using OL2000 on XP, Internet Mail Only. Any ideas what'...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Moving exchange2k3 server machine account from default OU to another...
Hi all. I have an win2k3 std sp1 server with exchange2k3 std sp2 on it. The computer account of the server sits in the default Computers OU, and i want to move it to another computer OU for policy purposes. I have a 2k AD. I understand that this move should go without a problem, maybe a restart of the services afterwards? I'm not going to move any of the objects in the Microsoft Exchange System Objects OU, just the computer account. Any problems that might occur, and would those potential problems be ok if i just move it back to the default OU? -- Gripe On Fri, 19 May 2006 ...

2007 Outlook Creating folder when saving a HTML email with attachm
In Outlook 2007, when you open an email that is in HTML format with an attachment and want to save the email and attachment (specifically to a network drive), you click on File, Save As (not Save Attachments), it creates the email message as a HTML document, but there is no attachment in that document. It also creates a new folder in the same network folder the HTML document is in with the same name. The new folder contains 3 files, colorschememapping, file list which show as XML document and a file themedata which shows as Microsoft Office Theme. Is there any way to change t...