CDO throwing Access Denied error in Outlook 2003

Hi,

  Whenever i access the Messages property of the Contact MAPI Folder,
i am getting the following error

  Collaboration Data Objects
  Message	:  [Collaboration Data Objects - [E_ACCESSDENIED(80070005)]]

  What could be the prob?

Thanks
Bala
0
bvenkita (3)

I'm not sure what the problem is, your code works fine here but it
does throw up the address book access security prompt before access to
the contacts folder is allowed.

Are you using the Beta 2 refresh? It's possible that access to
contacts was more severely restricted in earlier beta versions,
although I haven't seen any bugs about that and don't recall any
problems with any of my CDO code when running under earlier beta
versions.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

"Bala" <bvenkita@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ken,
>     Here is the sample code which causes this error
>
>     And i have installed the CDO1.21 library.
>
> ------Code----
>      Set objSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
>
>      'Login - if already outlook runs it uses existing session
>       objSession.Logon , , False, False
>
>      Set objFolder =
> objSession.GetDefaultFolder(CdoDefaultFolderContacts)
>
>       Set objMessages = objFolder.Messages
>
>      Here i am getting Access denied error....
> --------
>
>      One more thing, This error occurs only in Outlook 2003 and it
> works fine    in Outlook XP.
>
> Thanks
> Bala

0
kenslovak (742)
7/10/2003 8:24:37 PM
I am using 2003 Beta(11.4920.4920)BETA version
, Is this one is Beta 2 refresh? if not let me install the newer version.

Thanks
Bala

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" <kenslovak@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<OU2MrEyRDHA.632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> I'm not sure what the problem is, your code works fine here but it
> does throw up the address book access security prompt before access to
> the contacts folder is allowed.
>
> Are you using the Beta 2 refresh? It's possible that access to
> contacts was more severely restricted in earlier beta versions,
> although I haven't seen any bugs about that and don't recall any
> problems with any of my CDO code when running under earlier beta
> versions.
>
> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
> Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press
> Attachment Options
> http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
> Extended Reminders
> http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm
>

> "Bala" <bvenkita@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ken,
> >     Here is the sample code which causes this error
> >
> >     And i have installed the CDO1.21 library.
> >
> > ------Code----
> >      Set objSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
> >
> >      'Login - if already outlook runs it uses existing session
> >       objSession.Logon , , False, False
> >
> >      Set objFolder =
> > objSession.GetDefaultFolder(CdoDefaultFolderContacts)
> >
> >       Set objMessages = objFolder.Messages
> >
> >      Here i am getting Access denied error....
> > --------
> >
> >      One more thing, This error occurs only in Outlook 2003 and it
> > works fine    in Outlook XP.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Bala
0
bvenkita (3)

outlook express #158
I can not get the spell checker to activate (work). I have mSoft works on my machine but not office. Do I need office for it to work? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;n...

email error message
cannot recieve messages using outlook 2010 beta "Ruble" <Ruble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A31CD08-729F-4A70-A8B3-1E2ED95FD7DF@microsoft.com... > cannot recieve messages using outlook 2010 beta > So what is this secret "error" message then? What is the error message? "Ruble" <Ruble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A31CD08-729F-4A70-A8B3-1E2ED95FD7DF@microsoft.com... > cannot recieve messages using outlook 2010 beta > Ruble wrote: > cannot recieve messages using out...

OWA 2003
We have a recurring problem with Outlook Web Access on Exchange 2003. When users try to attach a file to a message, the "browse" box appears normally, allowing them to choose a file to attach, but when the try "attach" it, they get this error: Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable. This happens most of the time. Even from within the office at LAN speed it occurs. I've tried this, and sometimes it will succeeds after multiple attempts (so it's not a permission problem) other tim...

ODBC and Access
Environment is XP, VC7 and Access2000 I get these messages Warning: Driver does not support requested concurrency. Warning: Setting recordset read only. Optional feature not implemented State:S1C00,Native:106,Origin:[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong ? I am working in a very gray= area. TIA i would guess you are trying to open a database that is already open in some combination of reading and writing that the odbc driver can't handle. just what are you trying to do, besides working in a gray area?? "Ian Semmel" <is...

How can you convert a Microsoft database to a Microsoft Access 03
I would like to convert a database made in Microsoft Works to Microsoft Office Access 2003. On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:54:05 -0700, greenbentley<greenbentley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:>I would like to convert a database made in Microsoft Works to Microsoft >Office Access 2003.Oddly enough for two Microsoft products, there is no direct path.You can save the *data* from Works into Excel, or into acomma-separated-values Text file, and then use File.... Get External Data....Import to import it into an Access table.Any reports or layout you've defined in Works will need to be com...

CLock same-thread double-access problem.
Hello everybody! This is my scenario: My application has one instance of: class CMapDevices : public CMap <long, long&, CDevice*, CDevice*&> Several threads can access this CMap; but they must not access it at the same time. So I added these member variables to CMapDevices: CSemaphore* m_sem; CSingleLock* m_lock; (...) CMapDevices ::CMapDevices () { CString sSemaphoreName; sSemaphoreName.Format("devs-%f",(double)(DATE)COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime()); m_sem = new CSemaphore (1, 1, sSemaphoreName); m_lock = new CSingleLock(m_sem);}So that wherever my code a...

Can't find Outlook
I installed Outlook 2002 from a disk supplied with my Motorola Q. It appears to have installed ok but it doesn't appear in the Start/Programs list and it isn't on the desktop. I'm pretty sure it installed because when I go to the add/remove programs it appears on the list. Where can I look? Thanks, Bill ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Have you done Search yet and checked u...

How do i export excel data to outlook contacts
have no ideai how to do this ..need step by step. I have a list of names with phone numbers and emails and would like to export them to outlook contacts You don't export from Excel, you import from Outlook. Just open Outlook, and try File--Import... and take the steps from there. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Joshna" <Joshna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70DFAA83-DFE4-4444-A7C8-D853EFE359F9@microsoft.com... > have no ideai how to do this ..need step by step. I have a list of names with > phone numbers and emails and wou...

Send email by category
I would like to send an email to all of my contacts in a particular category, but several have multiple email addresses. I filter my contacts by category, highlight the specific one I want to use and use "Action" -> New message to contact. All of the contacts are included, however, only the 1st email address is used. Is it possible to send to all of the email addressed defined for an individual contact? David Frager <frager@nortel.com> wrote: > I would like to send an email to all of my contacts in a particular > category, but several have multiple email add...

How Does One Print Outlook Express 2000 Email List
In Outlook Express 2000, how does one print the list of email messages; not the messages, just the list? Paul <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Outlook Express 2000, how does one print the list of > email messages; not the messages, just the list? There is no such program as Outlook Express 2000. WHat do you really have? Click Help>About and tell us. -- Brian Tillman ...

My Forms (Access XP) do not work under Access 2007?
I have a DB built in access XP. Now, I have installed Office 2007 in my computer and my DB doesn't work properly. When I click any button, nothing happens... Anybody can help me? Thank you very much There is probably a small notice just under the ribbon that tells you that your database contains unsafe expressions. You need to clear all the security roadblocks before your database will work. The easiest way to get around this security is to designate a particular directory as "safe" and move all you databases to that directory or its sub-directories. "Jorge Luis&qu...

POP3SVC Error
Hello, The Exchange 2003 Sp1 mail server shows the following error in the application log, Event Type: Error Event Source: POP3SVC Event Category: General Event ID: 1051 Description: Unexpected error condition: call to function CEncryptCtx::CheckServerCert() resulted in error code 0x800cc801. Microsoft knowledgebase article kb275291 suggests that the client is trying to use SSL. SSL is configured and its working fine. Any idea why this error is getting generated ? Thanks, Elan On 6 Feb 2006 06:07:31 -0800, "Elan" <elangumaran@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, &g...

Not able Install Outlook client via VPN.
In trying to install the CRM Sales Client s/w on a pc attached to my network via vpn, I encounter an issue. During the install you are asked for the location of the CRM server and asked to put in a URL and I enter http://as03-nh which is the URL address used to access the CRM website. When I do this, I get a message that the server running the CRM components could not be found. This same pc doesn’t have any problem finding the CRM web instance from a browser and can run the CRM via web without issue. I have tried to have a drive mapped to the server drive where CRM is installed, I h...

Outlook Express Attachment removed
When someone sends a large attachment, outlook express removes it. Express says that it is an unsafe attachment. Does anyone know how to prevent this, or how I can read the attachment? open outlook express and select tools | options | security tab. you want to uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049201c3d968$80fac490$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When someone sends a large attachm...

CDO scripts
how can i run CDO script files to send an e-mail from an client PC ? this same script that run on exchange server 2003 have no problem of sending e-mail, but when send on client PC, it show following msg: "The transport failed to connect to the server" Thanks! What does your script looks like? Can you upload the content? Ruban "Gengkor Den" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OEmdukANFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > how can i run CDO script files to send an e-mail from an client PC ? > > this same script that run on exchange server 2003 ha...

Horizontal scroll bar stopped working in an Access form
Hi, I am working on a enhancement of a Access application (backend sql server). This mainly includes a status form that has nnumerous fields. The design of this form shows both scroll bar. However, after writing some code (which works) I am not seeing the horizontal scroll bar of this form. This is a problem as without it I cannot update some of the updateable fields as the pointer to a record is missing to let me know which record I am updating. This was working till morning. I really appreciate if somebody can tell me the issue and the resolution. Thanks in advance ...

help about outlook storage
hi i have problem with the storage amount on the server i am working on : its only 300 Mb and i am receiving more than 300 mb sure then i have to remove some of the mails to make it able to receive more mails so there is another way to transfer this incoming mails to another folder on the hard disk and not into another folder in the outlook ?? or even another program to save incoming msgs from out look to another place on the hard disk.??. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Is this an Exchange mailbox? You don't mention what type of account you have. If you are connecting...

Vista and Access
I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. I have Office 2003 w/ SP3 installed. I am running into an error. Please consider the following scenario. Sometimes when I shut down Access 2003 then try to reopen Access the system simply sits there and nothing happens. I go to Task Manager and see MSACCESS.EXE *32 is still running. I can terminate the program by selecting MSACCESS.EXE *32 and selecting End Process. Then I retry opening Access and everything works fine. Is there a fix for this issue? -- Robert J H You might try a hotfix which is offered by Microsoft, post SP3: http://support.m...

Publisher and Access
Through trial and error, I can get our newsletter mail merge done. However there must be some simple instructions out there somewhere. My basic problem is I do not understand the various types of data sources. I browse for a data source and come up with six or eight technical names. I find that clicking on jet 4 lets me get into the access data base, but that was just a lucky guess. Is there any basic information that could help me? Publisher lists are Access databases, in Office 2002-03 they are stored in "My Documents", "My Data Sources" with a .mdb extension. E...

Download Free Church Information System , built in MS Access
Download Free Church Information System , built in MS Access , its in the ATTACHMENTS , after registering it will appear : http://access-forum.com/plus/viewtopic.php?t=189 Enjoyt ... ...

check outlook accounts severally
When using multiple accounts on Outlook 2007 ; outlook checking (send and receives) all accounts same time. I want check accounts severally , like outlook express. is it possible? cm wrote: > When using multiple accounts on Outlook 2007 ; outlook checking (send and > receives) all accounts same time. I want check accounts severally , like > outlook express. is it possible? No, except as noted below in the next paragraph. The user gets no control over the order and concurrency of mail polls for accounts all in the same send/receive group (the default is to put al...

outlook e mail
I cannot send e maim because my send option is not showing I'm also having a problem. Suddenly, yesterday morning when I tried to send/receive email I got this error "Unable to connect to server -- Error 0x800ccc0e". I am using XP and have 2 profiles where there are 2 differnet email addresses with the same company. My other profile is working just fine. But this particular one continues to be a problem. I'm using a cable modem and was told to reset everything including the modem and router, both together and then separately. I still have this problem. I've checked all t...

Annoying syntax error (missing operator)
Anyone know why I'm getting this syntax error?Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'DateSerial(Year(Date(), Month([DOB]), Day([DOB])) AS BirthdayFROM ClientsWHERE DateSerial(Year(Date(), Month([DOB]), Day([DOB]) = Between Date() And Date() + 7;The idea is to display people who have birthdays in the next 7 days. I just can't see whats wrong with it.Full code:SELECT Clients.FirstName, Clients, Surname, DateSerial(Year(Date(), Month([DOB]), Day([DOB])) AS BirthdayFROM ClientsWHERE DateSerial(Year(Date(), Month([DOB]), Day([DOB]) = Between Date() And Date() + 7;Cheers,P...

Outlook 2003 not sending emails for one account #2
Hi All, I have two accounts setup under outlook 2003 which i just started using on a brand new dell computer. My sbcglobal Home account works fine but Work account will not send emails. I receive this error message: "Task 'Work - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).', "when trying to check my email. Also, if I use the test settings buttons under the account setup screen, I ge...

eConnect in Microsoft Access
Has anyone used eConnect from within Microsoft Access to populate transactions into Microsoft Dynamics GP? VJ The link below will take you to an article that demonstrates using the econnect COM object. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa973891.aspx This is a deprecated feature; yu won't be able to use it in newer versions - unless you create your own COM callable Wrapper - see artile below for some guidance... http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-22-1045146.html but if you re gong to go through all that troublw, you might as well upgrade your code. HS "VJ"...