categories in Outlook

There must be a way to set a default category for use in
Outlook? But, I cannot find a method. Can anyone help?

Eric
0
eric1043 (1)

Outlook 2007 hangs on opening
Outlook hangs when opening and then I have to end the task and restart in safe mode. Also, searchindexer is running at 50% CPU. Not sure if they are related but both problems started at the same time. None of the other Office products are having a problem. I get the same thing. It wouldn't send/receive (itwould pretent to) and I couldn't open or save any attachments but they previewed just fine. "gailward57@gmail.com" wrote: > Outlook hangs when opening and then I have to end the task and restart > in safe mode. Also, searchindexer is running at 50% CPU. Not sure i...

Calendar invites with Personal Categories
Hi, I am trying to figure out if it is possible for one to send out calendar invites and have the invitee have the color categories that I set on the meeting/appointment shown on their end. It would be a really helpful feature to have access to. I have tried a registry edit shown in another post on the newsgroup, but that did not seem to work for me. Are there any other possible solutions to make this work? Thanks, agdonald The invitee must have the same category with the same color in his master category list. Those categories are stored in the default calendar, there...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...

Outlook shuts down
I have been using Outlook 2000 for at least a year on my coputer with Windows XP. All of a sudden I am encoutering a continual problem. About 1 minute after recieving an e- mail a dialog comes up saying "Outlook has encoutered a problem and must shut down." Can anyone tell me what may be happening. I have not added any new hardware or software, I have reinstalled Office 2 times and I have reinstalled XP once to try and fix the problem. Thank you First, are you using McAfee version 7.x? If yes, then check with McAfee as there is a known problem in the integration with Outlook....

Home Network, sharing Outlook
I have two computers at home networked together. How do I access and share the same outlook .pst file???? Dennis wrote: > I have two computers at home networked together. How do > I access and share the same outlook .pst file???? just point one instance of Outlook at the pst on the other. Hi Dennis, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful tool. -- Thomas Wetzel www.synchpst.com Synchronize and backup Outlook ...

Outlook Express 6 to Outlook?
Is there anyway to upgrade from Outlook Express to Outlook? I was using Outlook at work to sync up to my palm but got laid off...so now I am hoping to get the calendar and tasks functions so my palm can sync. Any advice appreciated The way to upgrade is called *buy* Outlook. There is no upgrade price as OE and Outlook are totally different. You will need to buy the full version. "Jeff" <jeffs75214@aol.com> wrote in message news:261e701c461f1$5acbe120$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to upgrade from Outlook Express to > Outlook? I was using Outlook at work to...

Unresolved item
This well known problem has come back to haunt me. See http://tinyurl.com/4xb5y If an appointment has been made containing an email address that is not in Contacts it will refuse to sync (ActivSycn 3.7.1). One way is to add each contact to the address book - not very sensible if this is one off meeting with people you are never going to meet again. So I'd like to know if there is a way of listing (or searching for) only those appointments that have emails (attendees?) attached to them? -- Brett ...

Dr. Watson Error with Outlook
I have a user that every five minutes or so Dr. Watson comes up and states their is an error every 5 minutes or so. How do I fix this? I have tried everything with no luck... If you want help with a problem, you need to provide details, which you have not. Outlook version? Windows version? Mail support if Outlook 98 or 2000? Mail account type? When does this happen? Do you have any add-ins installed? If you uncheck them, does it still happen? What is the faulting module or .dll? If you start Outlook with the /safe switch, does it still happen? What do you mean that you "have...

Why does money 2005 have multiple categories for the same thing?And why does it keep spliting the food categories apart on me?
Take rent for example they have it in 2 places. On a side not why is food no longer have subcategories. The stupid restore categories breaks the food categories back apart even when explicitly place the subcategories before I do that. Its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it is. I'm not sure what all of the reasons are for this, but trying to eliminate subcategories to support the "Essential" "Less Typing" "Effortless way" seems part of the answer. Why it had to mangle existing data to do this is still a mystery. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q...

Outlook 2003 acting weird
One day I tried to get my email and when I clicked the send receive button it disappeared. after rebooting many time this kept happening so I checked my accounts and I could change the setting but when I tried to set one a default or move them up and down in the list outlook would tell me that the chosen account didn't exist and it may have been deleted. So I tried repairing and reinstalling 3 or 4 times and it still didn't fix it. Then I tried rolling back to office xp and that didn't work. Any suggestions? >-----Original Message----- >One day I tried to get my...

Managing Outlook Windows Powershell
dear scripting guys i am new to windows powershell, and i need your help in creating a windows powershell script that moves all mails from folder A ( and all it's subfolders) to Inbox then delete the folder A thank you in advance ...

accounts category
Hi, I create some new accounts category and link them to range of accounts ,but when I try to use them in frx reports I couldn`t find them ,any help? Hi Bob, First, I presume you are using the FRx report mode that is designed to view quantities. I would rebuild the GL account index in FRx. You can delete any ..g32 files from FRx and the indexes will be rebuilt. Please let us know if this doesn't solve the problem. Kind regards, Leslie "BOB" wrote: > Hi, > I create some new accounts category and link them to range of accounts ,but > when I ...

Outlook Problem?
I file exit from outlook, but it doesn't totally exit. The inbox is still active and accepting mail at my work station. It used to shut down, so then I would get my mail at home. Any ideas. I have MS2000 workstation as the operating system on that computer ...

Outlook brings up unexpanded window when started.
I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 7 OS. Ever since, Outlook brings up unexpanded window when started or even only after being put down. It even does not expand the folders in the folder list so I both need to resize the window and expand the folders with subfolders, which is very annoying. What could be the reason and how can I solve this problem? ...

adding my school MS exchange account to Outlook 2010
Okay, my school has set up a Student email account for me. According to the info page to access it I am supposed to access it thru MS Exchange Lab. Is there a way to add that account to Outlook 2010 or must I access it only via online. It's only a pain because I already have a regular windows live login so I'm always having to log out of one to log into the other. It would be nice if there was a way I could access, download and keep my school account/folders/emails seperate from my regular account, using Outlook. Thanks in advance for any help in this JLMJR JLMJR wr...

Problems opening Outlook 2003
YHi all, I have very recently upgraded office from 2000 to 2003, student and teacher edition. All but Outlook 2003 is working fine, when I open Outlook it says "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" - Retry, Work offline or Cancel. I have tried choosing work offline but it then comes up with "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Your profile is not configured." It then closes :-( Any help much appreciated. Thanks Alex Do you connect to an Exchange Server or are you connecting to an ISP POP3 mail server? "AlexG" <AlexG@discussions.micros...

Uninstall Outlook
I have just installed MS CRM 1.2 on out network everythign appears ok. I have a new machine for our telesales person who was starting. Before I knew his name I thought that I would get his PC ready for him. I installed the 1.2 outlook client when I was logged on as the Domain Administrator and the client looked fine. However I need to add teh client to the users profile now that they have started work. When I logon as the user I can not install the client for them. I get an error saying that I should unistall it from the other user first. I wouold do this but when I logon as the admini...

Incoming mail on Outlook 2003 just quit working.
Outlook 2003 just stopped receiving POP3 email. I can still send email. Error msg reads: Receiving reported error (0x80042108): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) email server, etc.. I can receive my mail thru 3rd party (squirrel mail). No settings were changed that I know of. Can anyone help me?? Thanks, Mike Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For...

Outlook gets stuck while sending mail
Hi, For the last few days, users in our organisation have been experiencing problems where outlook gets stuck while sending mails. Kindly help us resolve this issue. ...

Outlook CRM Plug-in and service manager
I am not sure how to do this, but I would assume it can be accomplished...I would like for the user installs of MSCRM Outlook plug-in for the SQL Service Manager to default to the SQL server upon logging onto that machine. Right now the the service manager waits for user intervention for what SQL server to connect to. Anyone know of how to "save" this connection for each user? ...

Category and Subcategory in the same field ><
In M2004 Register Category and Subcategory can have different field, but in M2005 Category and Subcategory , they in the same field. Where can I comfig it to split Category and subcategory in different fields. thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q161 -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifica...

Outlook Express
Using Outlook Express and I want to save my address book and mail folders to CD. Does anyone know the name and extension of these two files. Thanks Michael ...

Highlighting tasks with specific Category and grouping by Category
Hi, I am having troubles highlighting tasks that contain a specific Category in Tasks view that groups tasks by Category, for tasks that have multiple categories. HERE IS THE IDEA: I am organizing my tasks by category. Tasks can have multiple categories. I separate them by @Context type tags and Project type tasks, such that my task can have Category="@Work, ProjectX". In the view view window I sort tasks by category. So, tags that have > 1, will appear in multiple categories. Each project will have a number of tasks, but only a few will have @ type of context cate...

Outlook 98 W2K
Hi.. We are running office 97 with outlook 98 on Windows 2000 If the user is configured as a power user for the PC they have all of the options visible on the actions menu. If they are a normal user then the actions menu options with one blank line and nothing else. We have given the users full access to the Office directories off program files and also full access to HKLM\Software\micosoft\office areas in the registry. As an organisation we have a policy of not making users power users. Does any one have any suggestions? Hello, We had this same exact promblem at our work. Yo...

synchronize outlook with BlackBerry 9700
HELP!!!OS Windows7... 2007 Outlook Calendar & Contacts... Blackberry 9700... Does anyone know how to make this work nice together?? I get a 'Runtime Error" 'Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder could not be found. I've re-re-re-reloaded th BB desktop software and even tried deleting and resetting all calendar settings, NO JOY!! What type of email account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto...