Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??

After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are
gone.

I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with
working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to
Office 2k7?

Any help in this area would be completely appreciated.

Thx

0
NewsReader2k

NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote:
> After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories
> are
> gone.
>
> I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with
> working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories
> Office 2k7?
>
> Any help in this area would be completely appreciated.

Did you upgrade to color categories?  See this:
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/228

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Brian
1/18/2010 3:00:57 PM
Worked Like A Charm!!   :)

Thx

"Brian Tillman" <Brian.Tillman.44zpma@invalid> wrote in message

> NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote:
>> After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories
>> are
>> gone.
>>
>> I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with
>> working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories
>> Office 2k7?
>>
>> Any help in this area would be completely appreciated.
>
> Did you upgrade to color categories?  See this:
> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/228
>

> --
> Brian Tillman
>
> [MVP-Outlook]
> http://forums.slipstick.com

0
NewsReader2k

Calendar invites with Personal Categories
Hi, I am trying to figure out if it is possible for one to send out calendar invites and have the invitee have the color categories that I set on the meeting/appointment shown on their end. It would be a really helpful feature to have access to. I have tried a registry edit shown in another post on the newsgroup, but that did not seem to work for me. Are there any other possible solutions to make this work? Thanks, agdonald The invitee must have the same category with the same color in his master category list. Those categories are stored in the default calendar, there...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...

Advice needed on Ex2000/Win2000 upgrade to Ex2003/Win2003
Hi all. I need some advice on upgrading an Ex2000/Win2000 box. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. The server hardware is robust enough to not need replacing so we will reuse it. The server has been upgraded before, from 5.5 to 2000. I would however like to reinstall both Windows and Exchange from scratch as opposed to just upgrading. Historically, I have always had less problems with full installs than upgrades and I have been told that the previous upgrade (5.5 to 2000) had issues. I inherited the box from previous sysadmins with little documentation. I do not have th...

I have a problem using MS Office wirelessly
We should have enough licenses for the macs, but when one group tries to get on it says something to the affect that there are two many Microsoft products open on the network and it won't open anything. Could this be an issue with the apple base station, or am I going to need to buy a few more licenses? Thanks in advance for any help in this matter. DukeTech <tech@dukeschool.org> wrote: > Could this be an issue with the apple base station, or am I going to > need to buy a few more licenses? It lokos like a license issue to me. Regular license allow you to run Office on *e...

2003 out of office assistant problem
Outlook shows out of office assistant active for the particular user but senders don't get the reply...? Works for all other users in the domain. Ideas anyone? Thanks! ...

Why does money 2005 have multiple categories for the same thing?And why does it keep spliting the food categories apart on me?
Take rent for example they have it in 2 places. On a side not why is food no longer have subcategories. The stupid restore categories breaks the food categories back apart even when explicitly place the subcategories before I do that. Its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it is. I'm not sure what all of the reasons are for this, but trying to eliminate subcategories to support the "Essential" "Less Typing" "Effortless way" seems part of the answer. Why it had to mangle existing data to do this is still a mystery. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q...

Upgrade from 2004 to 2005
Hi! I'm trying to upgrade from version 2004 to version 2005 but always apear the message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version" Please someone can help me about this -- Clemente Ferreira Aveiro - Portugal In microsoft.public.money, Jo�o Rat�o wrote: > >I'm trying to upgrade from version 2004 to version 2005 but always apear the >message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an >incompatible version" Money cannot open a version localized for another country. http://support.microsoft....

accounts category
Hi, I create some new accounts category and link them to range of accounts ,but when I try to use them in frx reports I couldn`t find them ,any help? Hi Bob, First, I presume you are using the FRx report mode that is designed to view quantities. I would rebuild the GL account index in FRx. You can delete any ..g32 files from FRx and the indexes will be rebuilt. Please let us know if this doesn't solve the problem. Kind regards, Leslie "BOB" wrote: > Hi, > I create some new accounts category and link them to range of accounts ,but > when I ...

Category and Subcategory in the same field ><
In M2004 Register Category and Subcategory can have different field, but in M2005 Category and Subcategory , they in the same field. Where can I comfig it to split Category and subcategory in different fields. thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q161 -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifica...

EXCEL 2002 upgrade installation
I am trying to install an upgrade for Excel. The existing version on this computer is version 4.0. I have successfully installed the upgrade on the computer before. However, the computer has two operating systems. Windows me and windows xp. If I open Windows ME, I was able to install the upgrade. I like using XP, but when I boot with XP and try to install the upgrade, it does not find the prior version of EXCEL even though it exists. How can I resolve this? thanks, Pete I would check the upgrade path on microsoft.com. I believe later upgrade versions of Excel will only upgrade...

Microsoft Office Conversion filter 2003
Does anyone know how to download the technology onto your computer? ...

Spreadsheet Disappears when opening a new sheet
When attempting to open a spreadsheet I find at certain times that th sheet cannot be viewed unless I choose the Full Screen option. Also when I open multiple sheets the previously opened sheets seem t disappear. It as if the new sheet overlaps the current sheet that ha been minimized. The previously opened sheets are still there and opened, but in orde to view them I must 'close' the sheets I justed opened becaus minimizing doesn't seem to work. When I 'minimize' the newly opene sheets there is no indication that the old sheet is still there (eve though it is). Like ...

Emails disappearing from Inbox
A friend is using Outlook 2000. She says that when she replies to an email, the reply is in the Sent mail but the original email disappears from the Inbox. Could there be a reason for this? I cannot think of an Option for this but I have a different version. Many thanks Lots of reasons. Any filter on the view could do this. Since the icon changes when you reply, see if "Sort by icon" is selected for this view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ChrisB" <chris@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:d02lur$mdu$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... >A friend is using O...

pagination for Office 2007
I need to break my ms into two sections - the "front material" and the main body for paging purposes. But when I do, the first three pages of the text duplicate themselves. -- purfer Perhaps you are using Word? After the "front material" insert a Section Break. purfer wrote: > I need to break my ms into two sections - the "front material" and the main > body for paging purposes. But when I do, the first three pages of the text > duplicate themselves. ...

Highlighting tasks with specific Category and grouping by Category
Hi, I am having troubles highlighting tasks that contain a specific Category in Tasks view that groups tasks by Category, for tasks that have multiple categories. HERE IS THE IDEA: I am organizing my tasks by category. Tasks can have multiple categories. I separate them by @Context type tags and Project type tasks, such that my task can have Category="@Work, ProjectX". In the view view window I sort tasks by category. So, tags that have > 1, will appear in multiple categories. Each project will have a number of tasks, but only a few will have @ type of context cate...

installing Office 2004 for macs
I can not install Office 2004 on my new MacBook. Whenever I put the CD in, the computer just puts it out again with nothing appearing on the screen. I tried it on another Mac and it works, but for some reason my computer won't read it. The same thing happened with a printer that I bought yesterday--y computer would not read the CDs (but I could download the driver from the internet) while they worked on my other Mac. My computer reads all DVDs and CDs...does anyone have any ideas as to how to make this work? Thanks for ANY help! Hi, I think you've provided the answer in your own...

upgrade error
I'm upgrading from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. The OS are WindowsXP and Windows 2000. Running the setup file from our server. When I click setup the following error appears: Error "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system". Have verified that English is the language selected in the package. Any help will be apprecaited ...

Fonts disappearing
I have made a few simple (non-web) documents in publisher using standard fonts available in the drop down list. Occasionally, I'll go back to a file and the font will now say unavailable / unknown. When I check the drop down list, it just says missing for those fonts. I'll have other documents using those same fonts that will stay fine. These are typically different versions of the same documents, so nothing else is different. Those files will never get their fonts back. I can recreate a new document with those fonts that may work for a little, but then it goes again. It&...

message was received blank, the content disappeared
(I posted this on Exchange group, but i feel it may be useful to post it in here as well) Dear all, Here is the weird situation- Users A, B and C are all from the same company, one of my clients. This morning, A sent an email to both B and C - B received it okay, but C received it with a blank message body. Both B and C are laptop users using Outlook 2003 cache mode, they were both out of the office at the moment. I used OWA to check all 3 users mailboxes - A did send the message with something in the content - B did receive the message with the correct content - C did receive the message,...

Disappearing from my inbox
Working with XP home edition and outlook 2002. Whenever I reply to an email or forward one from my inbox, it disappears from my inbox. I can find it in the sent Items section but without any attachements. Why is this happening and where do they go? How can I keep the emails in the inbox until I am ready to do something else with them? Thank you John You must have a view applied to your Folder. This one sounds like "Sort by Icon." The icon changes immediately after you reply or forward a message, so your message drops to the end of the list. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] &qu...

Upgrading
I want to upgrade from Microsoft Money Financial Suite OEM Edition Version 11.0 to latest version but on trying to open the money file in Microsoft Money 2007 I get the following error message: File was created by an incompatible version Question 1: As the old version was pre-loaded into the Computer when I bought it in India, I don't know which country US/Canada/UK/Australia this software belongs to. So how can I confirm which country is it for? Question 2: And, how can I upgrade it to a version of Money from US or UK. -- Kapil ...

Next version of Office for Mac

Groove 2007 problems after upgrade from 3.1.
I've just gone through the very painful process of upgrading to Groove 2007 from version 3.1. A whole day lost trying to make it work again when it was fine before. But it is still not working correctly. Only some of my contacts are showing as online. I've gone through the "delete the contact"/"send a message"/"add the contact" process as suggested in the knowledgebase but no success. I can even send messages to the ones who appear offline, but when they reply I do not receive them. Amy ideas? Tony. There is a specific group for gro...

Object Library Not Registered
Excel 2000 has recently started giving me the following error message when I open it (without opening any Excel files): "Object library not registered". If I click OK, Excel opens up with no problem. Not sure what has suddenly caused this -- any thoughts, anyone? Thank you, ~Brenda Brenda, Close Excel, then go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /unregserver Then, in the same Run dialog, Excel.exe /regserver Finally, open Excel normally. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com &q...

Categories and Sub-Categories
In Money 2004, when inputing a transaction, I was able to tab/view thourgh a category and sub-category box with ease. I was able to set it up via tools, now in 2005, I can not. Does anyone know how to change the view in the account registor so I can view both Category and sub category when inputing transaction so I don't have to deal with the drop down menu? For better clarity, it inputting Payto, Category, split, Job expenses and meno. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC474924-4407-4FAE-BCD8-...