Caonnot get new intsall of Outlook 2003 to open?

New install of Outlook 2003.  It tries to configure Outlook.  When it does
not it say "Your MIcrosoft Exchange Server is unavailabele".  I then try to
work offline but then it says "unable to open your default e-mail folder.
Your profile is not configured".  I cannot get into Outlook to make or setup
any of the configurations to make the program start.  Please help.  Thank you.
0
alansuan (1)

Try the initial configuration from Control Panel, Mail Icon.  Install your
mail service from there.  Make sure you know the Exchange server name (FQDN)
and your user profile name/password.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, alansuan asked:

| New install of Outlook 2003.  It tries to configure Outlook.  When it
| does not it say "Your MIcrosoft Exchange Server is unavailabele".  I
| then try to work offline but then it says "unable to open your
| default e-mail folder. Your profile is not configured".  I cannot get
| into Outlook to make or setup any of the configurations to make the
| program start.  Please help.  Thank you.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Why does Outlook keep sending a message that says QUIT?
Outlook will periocically send a e-mail to a large number of addresses that only has the word QUIT in the body of the message. Eventually, after about 10 of these e-mails, my service provider freezes my account for 24 hours. Any idea what is causing this to happen? A virus most likely, unless you are using some utility that sends automated mail. Are you 100% sure outlook is doing it? Are the messages in the outbox and/or sent folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.co...

Outlook with Windows ME
I can't delete e-mails in the "sent" file, Won't respond to delete button on tool bar, if I right click, I see the delete option but e-mail won't delete. I set up a sub-folder, I can transfer the file from "sent" to the sub-folder, then I can delete it to the Deleted folder. Is this just another "ME" issue ?? My "sent" file get's bigger every day.....HELP What version of Outlook? Have you tried creating a new personal folders file, making that one the default and then going into the sent items in the old .pst file and then deleti...

Get a jump on 2005 Taxes
I was running Money 07's tax advisor and it suggested I get a jump on the 2005 taxes. Haven't we already done those? LOL. Another thing I noticed is that Money 2007 looks really dated compared to Internet Explore 7 and Office 2007. But if it runs faster, I'd rather it look dated. If they'd actually make it work better and add some useful features for sophisticated financial management, it could look like M95 again and I'd still be happy. "SteveC" <sconklan@myyahoo.com> wrote in message news:OQaWDUTsGHA.372@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > But if i...

I am unable to find "new" under the "go" command to set up my news
I am unable to find the "new" command under the "go" on the customize standard window. I've tried resetting my commands and that does not work. "New" has never been in the "Go" menu. It's in the "File" menu. If you are talking about "News" then see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/news.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- &q...

not getting mail
help. i cant get my mail. i get the pop up that says receiving mail, but when it is complete, there is no messages. the send/receive button thinks it has already downloaded the mail. i think i have been sending mail ok, but i really am not sure if it is going through. any ideas? Is this a pop3 account? Hotmail? IMAP? View | Current View. Is Show All Messages checked? Do you have any message rules, blocked senders or spam program? Are there any new messages in Deleted Items? Send a test message to yourself. Did it show in Sent Items? Did you get it? If not, log on to you...

Outlook 2003 thesaurus tries to access office.microsoft.com
When using the Thesaurus within Outlook 2003, Outlook tries to access the Internet site office.microsoft.com. This only happens the first time the Thesaurus is used following a reboot of the PC. Thanks, Dennis Does anyone know why it does this? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >When using the Thesaurus within Outlook 2003, Outlook >tries to access the Internet site office.microsoft.com. >This only happens the first time the Thesaurus is used >following a reboot of the PC. > >Thanks, >Dennis >. > ...

Receivin error when starting outlook 97
When starting OUtlook 97, I receive an error: outlook.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I re-insatlled 97 office with the same results - any ideas? ...

attachment getting stripped off
I have Outlook 2000 and every time I origionate an email from my home computer with an attachment it gets stripped off before it gets to the addressee. I can foward emails with attachments and they stick. Any tips M are you using RTF format? if so, switch to plain text and see if it helps. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answe...

Narrative Box In New Message...
Good day to all, Here's my problem. I connect to two different Web Access servers to retrieve email at times. One server is running Outlook 2000 and the other 2003. Although I have had no problems doing this in the past from my laptop, one fine day, I was unable to write narrative in the message window. If I open a "new message", "reply" or "forward", the message box opens but the narrative box is gray, has the small x on the top left and I cannot type in it. This only happens from my laptop. I don't know if it matters but I run W2K and Office 2000...

Outlook Email Contacts
Exported and imported mail from 5.5 to 2k3. Outlook 2002 shows internet email contacts' addresses as someone@somewhere.com. User likes to see qualified (underlined) names in the to: line when creating mail. Is there a way to change this behaviour for this use, or even globally? Thanks! /john john schlichting <blackhole4spam@cox.net> wrote: > Exported and imported mail from 5.5 to 2k3. Outlook 2002 > shows internet email contacts' addresses as > someone@somewhere.com. User likes to see qualified > (underlined) names in the to: line w...

How to get rid of amount in GL
I imported the general ledger from Concord, we knew we were out $.91. This balance continues to be brought forward and we were wondering is there something we can do? In Concord, we could do one sided journal entries. However, I don't think that is possible with GP. Please advise. You might try removing all the history for the particular account and then reconcile your accounts. "Jason" wrote: > I imported the general ledger from Concord, we knew we were out $.91. This > balance continues to be brought forward and we were wondering is there > something we ...

comunicate with other outlook users
Im looking for a comunication technique, to assign tasks, ank get results, between network users, using same outlook? Tried the Task Request feature already? It's still up to the recipient of the Task Request to produce some results and report its status to you ;-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "js" <js@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Why am I getting this message and what can I do about it?
This is on a SBS 2003 The database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (SBS)" has 6 megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has terminated. It looks like there is plenty of space on the Exchange Drive. Thanks, --max that event is just informing you that there is only 6 MB of "white space" or "free space" inside the database...not a problem...white space is space that is empty due to email deletions, etc. -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74771A0B-EA4D-4A4F-A718-D1435F647A67...

slow to open and constantly get not responding message
brand new computer with 2 anti virus programs and a firewall windows live mail just seems to be garbage is there something wrong or are these results normal What is the complete error message? Are you running 2 active AV programs and 2 active firewalls? Don't do that. 1 AV. 1 firewall. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "hachita" <hachita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B333FF4-AF05-4668-9953-DAF3CDDFB070@microsoft.com... > brand new computer with 2 anti virus programs and a firewall window...

CRM Desktop Client and Outlook 2007
Hi, The CRM Desktop Client from Outook Setup does not accept Outlook 2007 as a valid Outlook version. How can I install this client? Is there a different client for Outlook 2007 available? Bets regards, Markus Markus, There is a compatibility release coming out for Outlook/Office2007. With RTM for Office happening just last week, we should expect CRM release in the near future. For More info please check here: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/08/30/730678.aspx Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:12:41 +0100, "Markus Broy" <broy@datawebservices_...

Connect Exchjange 2003 to Internet to Get Incoming Mail
Hi All, I have Exchange 2003, I use it internaly in my LAN but I do not have any real IP to publish it, so I can Send from my client - outlook - that is configured with my Exchange Server 2003, but of course I cannot receive from Internet via my Exchange Server. So, I have to configure my mail client using POP3 to collect my Incoming e-mails from outside server that's of my ISP or open Web Interface of this web server to get my incoming mail messages. So, I'd like to configure my Exchange Server to collect these incoming messages and all of my clients only be configured with the ...

Index Outlook PST but hide results from Start Button?
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 Professional. I would like to index my Outlook PST so that I can use instant search from within Outlook, but I do not want the results to appear if I search using the Start Button (the Outlook file is personnal and password protected; the user account is for general use). Does anyone know a way to hide results from the Start Button search without removing the PST from the search index? Thanks, Nigel You can limit this via the Start Menu and Taskbar Group Policies on Windows itself. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] C...

Excel 2003 + macro
I want to place some code at the start of my macro. If D34 = no then a message box "Your printer code doesnt match" end macro else yes run the macro. Please help. Hi, Like this Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") If UCase(sht.Range("D34")) = "NO" Then MsgBox ("Your printer code doesn't match") Exit Sub End If 'Yuor code -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Neil Holden&q...

Outlook Grant Request:
The Honorable Microsoft : I want applying a grant of Outlook software request, if I can have a full version of Microsoft Outlook with stationery functions. I need having Office Professional 2003 with Outlook for my nomination requests. If I could have Microsoft Outlook for my personal needs with stuffs. Please help me to get these products to be mailing address. Please reply this question, I need to hear from there for my preparation job included Outlook request: David Johnson ...

Outlook custom form error
I made some changes to the Account and Contact forms, published them and all works fine via the web however now when I try to open a CRM linked Contact form I receive an error stating that Outlook cannot find the custom form and will use the standard form. I've gone Offline and back Online but no joy. Has anyone experienced this problem before? ...

How to get the main frame window from a doc class?
Hi, there, I have a SDI application, and would like to create a working thread when loading the doc class. To send message to the main frame window to show what is going on, I have to wrap the main frame window's pointer or handler to the working thread. I used following code to wrap the pointer: BOOL CMyDoc::OnNewDocument() { THREADPARMS* ptp = new THREADPARMS; ptp->hWnd = ::AfxGetMainWnd(); //* AfxBeginThread(Get_Init_Rects, ptp); } ptp->hWnd is a CWnd* data. It get always NULL here. I tried to use CMainFrame* pWnd = (CMainFrame*)AfxGetMainWnd(); // failed, get ...

Getting started-adjustments to cleared transactions
Just installed Essentials. I have entered transactions into the adjustments as instructed. Checked the box to the left to show them as cleared and they just sit there, they dont move to cleared transactions so that they can be given a category in the boxes below adjustments! The opening balance shows but only in the accounts list, not on the actual account. I know i am missing the obvious but what? Help please. "Essentials" (or MEss) is very primitive and almost nobody who posts here uses it. What you want to do may not even be possible with MEss. "Tony" <Ton...

Reconfiguring an Exchange 2003 Server
Can some one shed some light for me please? I’m in the process of preparing my self to reconfigure an Exchange 2003 member server, in my site, because, the way the hard drives RAID was configure, I fill it compromised the data on a disaster recovery and also affect the server performance. Presently the information store, public information store and transaction logs are store in a RAID 5 configuration. If the RAID is lost, we can jeopardize extensive amount of client messages and I don’t want that to happen. I want to reconfigure the same server and restore the data back into. Can som...

Import address from Outlook Express to outlook 2000
In moving from outlook express to outlook I imported my address book. the main folder "contacts" imported but the subfolders under contacts did not come over. My Express address book is named Bill.wa~ instead of default.wa~ and is found in /windows/applications/microsoft/address book. In this folder are both default and Bill. I also noticed that there is no option to make subfolders under contacts in outlook 2000 which is what I did in express...that didn't important. Can someone tell me what to do to be able to use my outlook express address book with outlook 2000....

new server build and transfering server settings and msdb
Hi, I have just created a brand new sql server 2008 sp1 server. This server is simply to replace another sql server 2008 sp1 server - the only difference will be that the new server will have a different name that fits in with our naming standard better. my question is how do a transfer all of the server settings from the old server to the new server? what I mean by this is if I run sp_configure on the new server I want get exatly the same values as when I run sp_configure on the old server. also, I have re-attached the msdb from the old server to the new server so all jo...