cant open outlook #2

so when i first installed office 2007 on my computer a few months ago i tried
setting up my email. it didnt work and now when ever i try to open outlook it
says "Configuring Outlook Accouts" for about a minute then a window pops up
saying "The connection to Microsoft Exchange server is unavailable. Outlook
must be online or connected to complete this action" so i click "ok" and the
window poops up asking for my Microsoft exchange server and my mailbox so i
type in that info as far as i know its correct. and i get another popup
saying

"cannot open default e-mail folders. The file
C:\Users\Don\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline
folder file."

thing is i can't change anything or even say screw i just want outlook for
the calendar and contacts (which is all i really want so i can sync my phone
to it) because as i click ok on the "offline file folder" window it shuts
down outlook. I have uninstalled and cleaned the regestry and when i
reinstall it still associates the old email i originally tried setting up.....

Please help i just want to be able to back my contacts up on my computer!!!!

Don
0
Hydorn (1)

Assuming you dont have Exchange, but simply pop mail, modify the Profile via
the Mail applet in the control panel to the correct type of account

"Don Hydorn" <Don Hydorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> so when i first installed office 2007 on my computer a few months ago i
> tried
> setting up my email. it didnt work and now when ever i try to open outlook
> it
> says "Configuring Outlook Accouts" for about a minute then a window pops
> up
> saying "The connection to Microsoft Exchange server is unavailable.
> Outlook
> must be online or connected to complete this action" so i click "ok" and
> the
> window poops up asking for my Microsoft exchange server and my mailbox so
> type in that info as far as i know its correct. and i get another popup
> saying
>
> "cannot open default e-mail folders. The file
> C:\Users\Don\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline
> folder file."
>
> thing is i can't change anything or even say screw i just want outlook for
> the calendar and contacts (which is all i really want so i can sync my
> phone
> to it) because as i click ok on the "offline file folder" window it shuts
> down outlook. I have uninstalled and cleaned the regestry and when i
> reinstall it still associates the old email i originally tried setting
> up.....
>
> Please help i just want to be able to back my contacts up on my
> computer!!!!
>

> Don

0
DL
1/23/2008 5:28:58 PM
well That allowed me to  switch the default to my hotmail account so now i
can at least get outlook to open all the way but when i try to delete the
messed up exchange account it says

"you cannot delete this Outlook data file. Configuration information in the
file is being copied to your new default data file. You can delete the file
after this information is copied"

i really need to get that exchange account completely whipped out cuz it
keeps giving me the same errors as before (but now it at least allows it to
open)

"DL" wrote:

> Assuming you dont have Exchange, but simply pop mail, modify the Profile via
> the Mail applet in the control panel to the correct type of account
>
> "Don Hydorn" <Don Hydorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > so when i first installed office 2007 on my computer a few months ago i
> > tried
> > setting up my email. it didnt work and now when ever i try to open outlook
> > it
> > says "Configuring Outlook Accouts" for about a minute then a window pops
> > up
> > saying "The connection to Microsoft Exchange server is unavailable.
> > Outlook
> > must be online or connected to complete this action" so i click "ok" and
> > the
> > window poops up asking for my Microsoft exchange server and my mailbox so
> > type in that info as far as i know its correct. and i get another popup
> > saying
> >
> > "cannot open default e-mail folders. The file
> > C:\Users\Don\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline
> > folder file."
> >
> > thing is i can't change anything or even say screw i just want outlook for
> > the calendar and contacts (which is all i really want so i can sync my
> > phone
> > to it) because as i click ok on the "offline file folder" window it shuts
> > down outlook. I have uninstalled and cleaned the regestry and when i
> > reinstall it still associates the old email i originally tried setting
> > up.....
> >
> > Please help i just want to be able to back my contacts up on my
> > computer!!!!
> >

> > Don

0
DonHydorn (2)
1/23/2008 7:36:07 PM
also...

now when i sync my phone it wont let me sync my contacts off my phone onto
my computer because my phone is set to sync contacts off my exchange server
thru work. can I use outlook on my home computer to sync to my works exchange
server or do i have to be on the work network to connect to the server

sorry im new to the whole exchange server thing

0
DonHydorn (2)
1/23/2008 8:02:05 PM
I dont use Exchange;
Assuming on your home PC no exchange is involved, create a new profile and
configure the account correctly.
As to syncing; I wouldnt know whether you can use 2 different sync profiles
on your phone ie sync both home & work, it may depend on what software you
use to sync and or your phone

> also...
>
> now when i sync my phone it wont let me sync my contacts off my phone onto
> my computer because my phone is set to sync contacts off my exchange
> server
> thru work. can I use outlook on my home computer to sync to my works
> exchange
> server or do i have to be on the work network to connect to the server
>
> sorry im new to the whole exchange server thing

0
DL

Outlook 2007 crashes with Windows 7.
Outlook 7 installed with SP2. Recently upgraded Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Outlook 2007 ran without incident. Installed Microsoft's Security Essentials. Office 2007 ran. Several days ago I ran Outlook with no problem. Fifteen minutes later I tried to run Outlook and the opening window flashed on the screen and disappeared and the error message of "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window". Ran the Diagnostic Tools with no result. This does not appear to be the fault of Outlook but something else that is blocking the opening of Outl...

Outlook.EXE error message Outlook 2000.
When I open the Address Book and scroll down to contacts it comes up fine. After I start scrolling down it locks up and gives the outlook.exe error message. What could be causing this issue? SP3 is installed. ...

business portal install #2
have installed business portal - when trying to connect I just get the error message "Service Unavailable" - any suggestions appreciated. ...

Outlook 2000 Send button
Now my send button is inactive. When I open an email message, and click reply, I cannot click the send button. ...

Default: Open to Calendar
Can I set Outlook 2003 to open to the Calendar as my default page/window? Yes. See Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options button. The setting you area after is right at the top of the dialog. "Bryan" <bryan.459@pac.bell.net> wrote in message news:C_hyf.1012$Jd.431@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... > Can I set Outlook 2003 to open to the Calendar as my default page/window? > "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message news:ul52teYGGHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Yes. See Tools > Options > Other tab >...

Cant delete any messages
Hi! My friend at work has a weird problem recently he can't delete any messages in Outlook Express the delete button doesn't work so does not the right mouse button menu delete option. When d&d the files theres a error that says "An error occurred" He works on a normal user account. Any ideas? Have your friend post in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Tell him/her to include the version of OE, the exact error message, and any other pertinent details. Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are not the same e-mail client, nor are they related in spite of the similarity of ...

CString in DLL #2
I have several DLLs that contain CString objects that were compiled with eVC++ 3.0 and eVC++ 4.0 compiler, but now I am porting them to VC++ 2005 and am getting a lot of warnings/errors class 'ATL::CStringT<BaseType,StringTraits>' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'CDSNInfo' Is the above warnings really a problem or can I safely ignore that warning? I am passing those CString objects back and borth betwen DLLs and between DLL and application programs. All that's telling you is that you need to declare your those variables with the ...

Shared Outlook 2000 Address Book (without Exchange)
I've got approximately 50 users on a network and they all use Microsoft Outlook 2000 with independent PST files and are downloading their mail from a pop server. We are currently using Microsoft Mail for out Address Book. I'm looking to get rid of Microsoft Mail and use External Email for interoffice correspondence until I get an Exchange server installed. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I could use for a Shared Address Book? I've looked into using LDAP for this but with Microsoft Outlook 2000 it will not show you a full listing by hitting the "To:" butto...

Opening a file
When I open a file in excel, it automatically opens a blank(new) file along with the file I was intending to open. Is there a setting to defeat it from doing this? Thank you. Try this first. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes required)>OK If no...

How do I put wildcards into an Outlook (v2002) rule?
Hi Is it possible to put wildcards into an Outlook2002 rule? e.g. I want all emails sent to *@lot.mydomain.com to be moved to a particular folder as soon as it is downloaded.(Where "*" means any character string you like before the "@" sign). with thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Shiperton Henethe <shiphen@yahoo.com> wrote: > e.g. I want all emails sent to *@lot.mydomain.com > to be moved to a particular folder as soon as > it is downloaded.(Where "*" means any character > string you like before the "@" sign). You can't ...

cant open file
I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my website and now out of nowhere it says cant open file tried everything and is not happening What kind of file are you trying to open? What steps are you taking? What kind of error messages are you getting? Details are important. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "arleen" <arleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B264DC25-1072-4931-B44C-7F481A13DBEE@microsoft.com... >I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my w...

set up outlook 2000- To receive/send internet mail
RE: HOME USE- NOTEBOOK How to set up the outlook 2000, i.e. pop3/smtp to receive and send email from my internet mail (....@yahoo.com) Please provide the step by step procedures to configure,i.e. the necessary fields and inforamtion that need to be entered in outlook 2000. I tried a few times, but seems it not working!!! My ISP is "STARHUB". YAHOO SERVER: pop3 ( pop.mail.yahoo.com smtp ( smtp.mail.yahoo.com) Thanks alot. Abideen Assuming you are using Outlook 2000 in Internet Mail Only mode, start here for instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

cannot open outlook 2007 in Vista
when I try to open outlook 2007, a prompt saying that register VB ScriptDLL failed. Asked me to re-install or execute Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to try register. I tried execute "Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll", then launch the outlook again. Same message prompt out again. I tried re-installed the outlook, still the same. I think it maybe the access right problem with Vista. Anyone can help suggest a solution to launch outlook from Vista ? Go to the Run item on the Start menu, and type: regsvr32 filename.ext Not regsvr32.exe. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: ht...

Line Width #2
Line width in Excel 2007 has increased. A .50 line in Excel 2007 seems as "thick" as 1.25 width in Excel 2003. Can anyone explain or help reduce the width? Forms become very difficult to read when the width is so heavy. Thanks. In XL2003 I using the Drawing tool to make a line In XL2007 I used Insert | Shapes to insert a line Each I formatted to have a width of 1 pt I printed the two worksheets on the same printer (HP LaserJet 1200) I cannot see any difference in their width with a 4X magnifying glass Tell us more about your comparison best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microso...

Label for imported Outlook holidays
Hello all, Exchange 2003 SP2/Outlook 2003. We modified the outlook.hol file so that it contains the days our company will be closed in 2009. The file has been copied on each user's workstation, and each user has to importe the holidays in his/ her Outlook. Question is : is it possible to add a label during the import ? Or to change the status/create a custom status ? In this way we could easily see in the weekly/monthly view which days are off, without needing to modify each item individually. Thanks ! Luuke you can't create a custom status. users would need to add a label to th...

Opening a 2003 document in 2007
I have a form document that was created in 2003. When people try to open the document in 2007, they see all the formating markups and have to go through a somewhat lengthy process every time they open the document to be able to see/print the document without markups, but then the form functions are lost. I've been told that there is no way to fix this, that 2003 and 2007 "don't talk." Surely there is something that can be done so the 2007 users can open the document and use the protected form without going through these steps: Review tab: Tracking: Show Mar...

I am trying to print on legal size paper, i cant set size.
I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the setting. Well, it is to do with your printer driver. Are you sure that the printer supports that paper size? Perhaps you can see if there is an updated driver for the printer. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 14, 2:26=A0pm, Michele <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the > setting. =A0 ...

Customize Outlook Today Won't Work
When I click on the icon "Customize Outlook Today" on my Outlook Today page, nothing happens. Normally I should be taken to a page where I can change the layout or theme of my Outlook Today page. I have Outlook 2000 on a maching running Windows XP Professional. According to Article 820575, you would have had to install critical update 813489 (Q813489) for this problem to occur. I'm having same problem --Customize outlook today link doesn't work but i've installed only sp1, Q810847, Q813951, Q818529, AND Q330994 for Microsoft Internet Explorer. Would it still ...

Client Safety Options #2
I get a Client Safety Options error when importing OLAP Cube into Excel - Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to be issued to the data source. Please help. ...

Sync Microsoft Money Reminders to Outlook
Is it possible to synchronize the Microsoft Money Reminders (current version) with Microsoft Outlook and have those reminders populate automatically? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Thorin wrote: >Is it possible to synchronize the Microsoft Money Reminders (current version) >with Microsoft Outlook and have those reminders populate automatically? No, Money does not have that ability. ...

Outlook 2000 Freezes while Opening
Outlook freezes while in the process of opening - sometimes it will open, but it usually takes 10-15 minutes... Any ideas???? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly Staples [MVP...

I can't open outlook
When I'm logg on on my account I can't open the MSOutlook but if I logg on like a guest then I can. Where is the problem? milostef <milostef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I'm logg on on my account I can't open the MSOutlook What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2007 won't download messages
Error code is X80004005 If I disable Norton AV it works. Need the AV, so what choice would I have? Disable email scanning in Norton? thans in advance for any help. Yep, remove the E-mail scanning Add-in. computerchallengedcc wrote: > Error code is X80004005 > > If I disable Norton AV it works. Need the AV, so what choice would I have? > Disable email scanning in Norton? > thans in advance for any help. ...

Outlook Pocket Contact Synchronizer
I have downloaded Outlook Pocket contact Synchronizer 1.2 and starting running it. It appears to hang up on one category and doesn't move. It has stayed there for about 10 minutes and there is only about 20 contacts in that file so I don't think it should take that long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I get it to complete the task? Thanks in advance for your help ...

Formulas not calculating #2
Hello, i avea quick question. i have formulas in cells. such as this in cell C1: =IF(A1="","",A1&"/ "&B1) but when i put a value in A1 it does not evaluate. i have to go into C1 and hit enter. then it evaluates. is there a setting in excel that i need to set? thanks, Hi goto 'Tools - Options - Calculate' and ebale 'Automatic Calculation' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany greg wrote: > Hello, > i avea quick question. > i have formulas in cells. such as this in cell C1: > =IF(A1="","",A1&...