Cant delete any messages

Hi!
My friend at work has a weird problem recently he can't delete any
messages in Outlook Express the delete button doesn't work so does not
the right mouse button menu delete option. When d&d the files theres a
error that says
"An error occurred"
He works on a normal user account.
Any ideas?

Have your friend post in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Tell him/her to
include the version of OE, the exact error message, and any other pertinent
details.

Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are not the same e-mail client, nor
are they related in spite of the similarity of name. Outlook Express is a
component of Internet Explorer. Microsoft Outlook is part of Microsoft
Office, which this group supports.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx

Good luck!
--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Adam" wrote:

> Hi!
> My friend at work has a weird problem recently he can't delete any
> messages in Outlook Express the delete button doesn't work so does not
> the right mouse button menu delete option. When d&d the files theres a
> error that says
> "An error occurred"
> He works on a normal user account.
> Any ideas?

0
KOrland1 (1012)

Cant delete any messages
Hi! My friend at work has a weird problem recently he can't delete any messages in Outlook Express the delete button doesn't work so does not the right mouse button menu delete option. When d&d the files theres a error that says "An error occurred" He works on a normal user account. Any ideas? Have your friend post in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Tell him/her to include the version of OE, the exact error message, and any other pertinent details. Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are not the same e-mail client, nor are they related in spite of the similarity of ...

I am trying to print on legal size paper, i cant set size.
I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the setting. Well, it is to do with your printer driver. Are you sure that the printer supports that paper size? Perhaps you can see if there is an updated driver for the printer. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 14, 2:26=A0pm, Michele <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the > setting. =A0 ...

cant open file
I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my website and now out of nowhere it says cant open file tried everything and is not happening What kind of file are you trying to open? What steps are you taking? What kind of error messages are you getting? Details are important. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "arleen" <arleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B264DC25-1072-4931-B44C-7F481A13DBEE@microsoft.com... >I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my w...

Deleted Payroll File
In September I accidently deleted a Payroll from Jan 08 while training a new individual. I know that I need to enter manual checks to get the balances back correctly, what I dont know is do I a make the checks for the Sept date that I deleted it or for Jan. Jan payroll still shows correct but Sept. payroll reports show the wrong number because it had that delete in there. Also once I enter the manual checks is there any other ajustments that I need to make. ...

Delete Table row with first cell not empty
Hi, I need a macro to do the following: I have a table like this, starting in row 6. ] ] A B C D E 6] 1 N N N 7] 2 N N N N 8] 3 N N N N 9] 4 10]5 11] 12] 13] etc. 100] Rows 11 to 100 are empty. I want to select area A1:E100 and delete all content from table rows A9:E9 and A10:E10, because these table rows have empty cells from columns B through to E. The rows are marked by an ID number as in numbers 1 to 5 above. When cells in columns B to E are found to be empty, the content of the table row, including the row ID, must be deleted. Note, this is not deleting t...

redeploying with Click Once deletes app's desktop icon
I used to be able to deploy winform apps with click once (a few years ago) and a user's desktop icon for the app would still be there. Now when I deploy an app (VS2005) when the user clicks on his/her desktop icon to load the updated app, the desktop icon then disappears and they have to recopy it from the start menu back to their desktop. Is this a Click Once thing? Or is it something the IT people configured on the machines? If it is Click Once, is there anything to prevent this? or to ReAdd the icon back to the desktop? Thanks Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://...

Cant get Money to work
when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? In microsoft.public.money, Roaddog_tnkr wrote: >when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is >temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night >in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? What did you buy? What are you trying to install it on? On De...

HOW DO CANCEL/DELETE message from Newsgroup server??
Once email is sent, it cannot be deleted before reachign recipient's address (unless you own server at recipients' end which is extremely highly unlikely) So just as with spoken word, be careful and dont' allow emotional rushes to result in spontaneous email you may regret later. But my question is about Usenet/Newsgroups (NNTP protocol): Is there a way to cancel/delete you rown posted message, at leas tbefore any followups appear (or even after)? As you all know, most of us hate Web Forums and we remain loyal to Usenet. But I have to admit, there's ONE fea...

from exchange machine i cant telnet to 25
all machine on customer lan are connecting to exchange server to post mail. when logged into the exchange server i launch cmd prompt and "telnet 192.168.0.10 25" and cant connect to smtp service (i.e from machine that host SMTP so network routing not involved) - netstat -na shows me port 25 is listening - simple mail transfer protocol is running as a service - sending mail via outlook on this server works and also show me a log on my exchange server that it coming from this servers public ip - default smtp virtual server, outbound security set at ANON. - default smtp virtua...

How to avoid excel warning message
Hi, When calling excel file from Ms-Access it display security warning. How to programmatically supress this warning? On Oct 25, 2:35 am, Sivanand <Sivan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > When calling excel file from Ms-Access it display security warning. How to > programmatically supress this warning? If you are using a command button with a hyperlink to access your excel file, instead why not try the FollowHyperlink method by using the command button's on click event: Private Sub cmdHyperlink_Click() Application.FollowHyperlink "Hyperlink Address&quo...

delete columns based on selection
I want to highlight cells and if a certain word is found in the selection, delete the column. So I highlight the cells, press alt+f8 and run the code. ...

I deleted something then hit save
I had deleted something in excel xp and saved my file. I immediately realized what I had done and need that stuff back. is there any way to retrieve information after you've deleted it and then saved it? sincerely, nate If you don't have a backup, no, there probably isn't. If you have an Undelete program that catches files deleted from within a program (as opposed to you manually deleting them from Windows' Explorer), that would be the thing to try. The program I use, Undelete, does NOT trap that kind of deletion. On 28 Oct 2004 18:30:21 -0700, nfarley@gmail.com (nfarl...

Test message
When i set up my e-mail account and test my account, everything is completed except the last task which is 'send test message' It comes up with the message "Unable to send test message. Please check your e-mail address field" Which i have a thousand times!! Can anybody help. I use MS Outlook 2002. Thank You Do you have a different reply to address set up? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.group...

I cant send mail in Outlook
I have just installed outlook 2007 and have got a new email address, although I receive emails, I cant send any. The following message comes up in an email that says "Stystem Administrator" Message undeliverable, then the text says : Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 21/05/2008 20:04 The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: '************@Hotmail.com' on 21/05/2008 20:04 550 5.7.1 <***********@Hotmail.com>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. > I have just insta...

Printing messages
When you receive a message in either RMS Manager or POS a button should be added to be able to print the message ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=497ef5dd-13...

How to trace slow message?
I have one user that is complaining about messages taking a significant amount of time(24 hrs) to deliver. The message all have legal attachments, which consists of several doc files adding up to under 2 MB worth of data (1.6 MB max). Our Exchange server has no restrictions set for e-mail attachments that I know of. I've been trying to test the situation out but can't duplicate the problem. There are two main message priginators that work in different companies(so different sending servers). My user has trouble receiving this e-mail from either sender. I've tried t...

How to email blast when ISP limits outbound number of messages?
Diane, How can one send to 500 people if one's ISP limits messages to about 50 recipients per message? I just had someone tell me that he has to break down his email blast to his clients into groups of 25-30 or they will not send. He has almost 500 people to whom he sends a monthly update. No, he is not a spammer. These people are his legitimate clients. Gregg Hill Either break it into groups that are within the ISPs limits, get a different ISP that doesn't limit you, or use a 3rd party service that will send out your e-mail blasts for you. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Rola...

why cant i change font
i select all the text in a textbox and try to apply a font. nothing happens. that's the case with 4/5 fonts, only a few work. the same appears in both publisher 2003 and 2007. Are you creating a web page? Publisher will show 11 or so fonts when you are creating web pages. To use all the fonts, on the toolbar, Format, Font, uncheck Show only Web fonts. If above is not the issue, are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ayudameconpublisher" <ayudameconpublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BE1262A-A70B-4...

deleting a page/C#/VCD
Hi, I'm trying to delete a page programmatically but is looking for a System.int16 (short) paramter where I don;t know where to find it. I did record a macro deleting a page in MS Visio add the paramter there was a boolean. I'm really confused. Any help very much appreciated. PS: axVSDrawing.Document.Application.ActiveDocument.Pages.get_ItemU(aShape.Name) ..delete(???) Method 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.IVPage.Delete(short)' referenced without parentheses The flag you're looking for is just a boolean flag for whether you want to renumber the renaming pa...

How do I delete an email with a too large attachment?
I attached a file that was way to large for an email by mistake. Now it is trying to send it and a=has locked up my outbox. I tried to just delete it, but it won't let me. It says it has already started sending the file. Any help? Within OL, File>Offline Close OL, wait a while Restart OL Delete the msg Within OL File>Online Close OL Wait a while, restart OL See if that helps "Glenn" <Glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AA683C4-D1FD-4764-9783-29447073F38A@microsoft.com... > I attached a file that was way to large for an email...

Cant read Blue screen error
Whichever way I try to start Windows, I get the Windows XP logo but then it goes Blue screen, but then immediately reverts back to start up options screen, not giving me time to read the error codes on the BSD. Is there any way of freezing the Blue screen so I can read it please? -- Dave P "Dave" <DaveP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2403347-7A88-4B6B-9A45-18F8B535242C@microsoft.com... > Whichever way I try to start Windows, I get the Windows XP logo but then > it > goes Blue screen, but then immediately reverts back to start up o...

Why cant I ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D3DB.DE871880 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I try to copy a monthly end figures of a file=20 Why cant I copy the last row and then past it to a new excel sheet? =20 Keep in mind I am a baby at this and it took me 6 months to do a monthly = spread sheet and I have worked with it all this past 12 months entering = not building. HElp HeLp I want to make a spread sheet of these last 12 months so I can calculate = the changes from before. Can s...

delete permission
Wow...even as the admin on the CRM box, I can't take ownership of anything and delete it if it has been cancelled, won, or lost. What is the secret to being able to delete items in the database for cleanup purposes? replying to my own post...if a user screws up the pricing on a Quote and says "Won" is this product seriously not allowing me to go back in to that won quote and revise it? It was an honest mistake by the sales rep! "Bobby" wrote: > Wow...even as the admin on the CRM box, I can't take ownership of anything > and delete it if it has been c...

Cant make it work
I really need help with EXCEL. Here is what I want to do! I want it set up so I can have my credit card balances in one column, the APR in column 2, column 3 figure out minimun payment, column 4 is what i actually pay, and column 5 figure my new balance. Now my question is one is this possible? and 2 how do I go about making this happen? -- Bama_Buc ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bama_Buc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37425 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571009 ...

Cant save ite
This keeps coming up when one of my users tries to create calendar items. He can open someone elses and create them no problem but his own even from my outlook cannot be edited. I have checked the permissions, I have recreated his profile, done a repair, searched the knowledge base but to no avail. We are using outlook 2003 with exchange 5.5 (soon to be upgraded) Please help ...