Cannot start Outlook 2003 #2

Error messeage: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.
Unable to open the Outlook Window.  The set of folders
could not be opened.
0
anonymous (74717)

Starting up on start-up help!

outlook screen resolution
I've managed to change the resolution of ,y outlook screen and don't know how to get it back. Everything is magnified rt now and I hate it. The resolution of the sys is set to 1024x768. What do I do? This is not an Outlook issue. Navigate to the display icon in control panel. Double-click that for display settings. The Settings tab is where screen resolution control usually resides. "HB" <HB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A36BAFF-F35F-4DDC-8B9C-0EA33C6B74CD@microsoft.com... > I've managed to change the resolution of ,y outlook screen and...

Printing category colours in Outlook Calendar
Hi I use category colours in my calendar and until I upgraded to outlook 2007 was able to print out my daily and weekly calendars with all my different appointments and events in colour on my HP Photosmart 2575 printer. Now I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 the calendars don't print in colour, nor do they indicate whether an appointment is "Busy" time or free. It's not that the printer isn't getting the colours, nor is it that the categories have somehow been lost, because in the bottom right of each blank rectangle for the appointment is a little square ...

Pivot Table DataFields are appended with a '2', why?
My pivot tables work fine for a while, then when I refresh them , sometimes a number 2 is added to some of the field entries why? Are the field names duplicated? Does the source range have more than one column with a given header, or is a field used multiple times in an area of the pivot table? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ SunshineX wrote: > My pivot tables work fine for a while, > then when I refresh them , > sometimes a number 2 is added to some of the field entries...

how to import outlook express inbox files to outlook
I am changing over from using outlook express to outlook. I want to be able to access, in outlook, the files and folders from O EXP. Can anyone tell me how this can be done File > Import and Export > Internet Mail and Addresses... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Br Nathan" <BrNathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAEF90B0-255B-45A1-BA91-DA86A39F8C2E@microsoft.com... >I am changing over from using outlook express to outlook. I want to be able > to access, in outlook, the files and folders from O EXP. Can anyone tell > me > how this can...

Problems with OWA 2003
Hi all, perhaps someone can help me here. Our users publish information on Public Folders directly from Office Apps using "File/Send to/Exchange Folder..." option on the menu. This saves the ..doc or .xls file directly on the public folder and not as an attachment (as might happen when you use "Post" from Outlook and attach your file). The problem comes when someone tries to download the file via OWA, the error "403 Forbidden" appears on the screen. If I "Post" a file as an attachment. I can download it without any trouble. Any help will be appreciat...

Need advice to start off a project
Hello! I have never really used Excel much but I have had an idea which could make some of the work I do a lot easier. I know Excel is powerful but I don't know the best way to approach it so can anyone out there help me? I make visits to places and record what kind of visit it was on a spreadsheet with the values in each cell being the date. At the bottom there is a summary box which shows, on each date, how many visits I made of each type. At the moment this is done manually but I am sure it can be done automatically only how? On a different sheet I would then like to have a summary of...

Help with adding Background music to email using Outlook 2003
Can anybody tell me how to add background music to emails using Outlook 2003. I know you can do it in Outlook Express, but is there a way to do it in Outlook? Thanks please email me thanks staple502@yahoo.com Actually it might be good to post the answer here so that everybody can see.. thanks again. "nk" <staple502@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c1deqv$3eb$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > Can anybody tell me how to add background music to emails using Outlook > 2003. I know you can do it in Outlook Express, but is there a way to do it > in Outlook? Thanks ...

OWA 2003 after upgrade
Hi Wonder if someone can help please? I've recently in-place upgraded our Exchange 2000 standard installation to Exchange 2003 SP2. This resides on a Windows 2000 SP4 standard server. No problems with the upgrade. Everything working fine and dandy. I can access OWA fine, however, it will only display the basic interface and not the premium interface (i.e. no reading pane etc.). This is for both http and https access. I've tried this from various clients inside and outside the LAN and all using web clients IE6 or above. I performed a similar upgrade in a lab environment first a...

outlook express #148
Is it possible to recover deleted email messages in outlook express? Any help would be greatly appreciated. "Jeff McIsaac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ab01c3e9a9$c3507280$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to recover deleted email messages in > outlook express? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you've emptied the Trash folder, I would say impossible unless you have a backup. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program d...

Cannot start Outlook 2002
My computer is usualy connected to an MS Exchange server at work. However I'd like to use Outlook at home with another e-mail account. When I try to start Outlook I get an error message : Cannot connect to exchange server. So I click work offline. Then, get another error message: Cannot start Outlook. Could not open information store. The the program quits. Anyone know a work around? Thanks. Create a new profile for your home account. Then set Outlook to prompt for profile. Select your home profile and Outlook will not try to connect to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Outlook "Insufficient system resources to complete the requested service" with attachments
Hi gurus In Outlook I am getting "Insufficient system resources to complete the requested service" with any attachments. Can send using the Send To in Word etc. NT4 SP6 Outlook 2000. Only Outlook running. Thanks to 1 n all Juliet x ...

Issue with Excel 2003
I have found that when I import information into Excel 2003, Hyphens ar not converted to a longer type symbol (almost like 2 hypen widths). I've seen it in Microsoft Access 2003 also. How can I get hyphens t remain as hyphens. For example, if I type a hyphen it shows up as -. But here's a copy of what gets imported �. as you can see it's wider. This gets annoying especially when I use Access and what to type i something for a query. Can you help me -- Good Intention ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Good Intentions's Profile: http://ww...

Missing Attachments in Outlook 2007/Outlook 2010 Beta.
Hi, We are experiencing a missing attachment issue in Outlook 2007/Outlook 2010 beta from Outlook 2003. These attachments are in messages forwarded as attachments and received via our Exchange 2010 installation. The attachments *are* visible from Outlook WebApp. In Outlook 2007/2010 the message has no paperclip icon, yet the message is of the correct size. From my rather long investigation, it appears that these certain messages from Outlook 2003 include a Content-ID header, which is typically used for referencing embedded attachments, such as inline JPGs for HTML pages. ...

Outlook Archive Feature
Outlook 2003 SP3 with patches up to date. I did a manual archiving of my Exchange 2003 mailbox with the following settings: * Select Inbox * Archive items older than 1/1/2008 * Check the box that says: Include items with "Do not AutoArchive" checked Items in my Inbox and sub-folders under Inbox are all dated January 1, 2007 to current date. There is nothing older than 2007. Archive ran for several minutes, then stopped. The final result is a 120MB PST file (this is the archive PST). So I went back to my Exchange mailbox to be sure that all 2007 items are gone (archived to PST...

Word 2003
Hello! I am working on a Word 2003 template with the following: - the page header includes the following fields: { IF {NUMPAGES \* MERGEFORMAT } = 1 “” { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } \* MERGEFORMAT } - the body has a FORMTEXT form field plus a table of FORMTEXT form fields - the footer has {FILENAME} and {SAVEDATE} - the body has no specific sections defined I worked on similar templates about 10 yrs. ago and got around the field and form field refresh/update problems by flipping to a print preview then back to force both the page and file info fields to refresh. That was a very ta...

Exchange Services Do not Start After a Restart #2
I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service do not start after a restart. System Attendand tries to start shuts down unexpectedly. I can go to services right after logging in and start the services and they start with no problem. Right before the error that service did not start, I get this warning: "A service process other than the one launched by the Service Control Manager connected when starting the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service. The Service Control Manager launched process 2448 and process 3688 connected instead. Note that if this se...

Animation of .gif in Outlook
Sorry this is a repost, I first accidentally posted under another Subject without realizing it, apologies. I am using Vista Home Premium, Office 2007. If I include a .gif in an email there is no animation, not before I send it, nor when it is in the Sent folder. Friends tell me they receive it animated but I used to be able to see the animation before I sent it with XP and Office 2003. Is there a setting I am overlooking that should be checked in order for it to do this ? TIA Sheena Outlook 2007 does not support animated gifs. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://...

Exchange 2003 truncating SMTP data
Hello: We recently discovered a problem with our Exchange 2003 server (Service Pack 1). When composing outgoing messages that are delivered via SMTP to any outside server (i.e. Yahoo mail, etc), messages that have a "." (dot) on a single line by itself are being truncated at the dot. Obviously because the dot is the end data character for SMTP. With further testing this problem only happens when sending out a message from our Exchange server to an external server by SMTP. I have tried both HTML and Plain Text and it is truncated with both formats. Inbound messages work fine and t...

how to check if a number has no more than 2 decimal digits
I need to do some input validation so to check if a value has no more than 2 decimal digits. So 14.12 is valid but 14.123 is not. I have tried doing a check like this: If Int(inval * 100) <> inval * 100 Then but this gets a rounding error with certain values like 2.22. If I subtract one side above from the other I get a difference on the order of 10^-21. So I tried rounding the numbers to do a test like this: If Round(Int(inval * 100), 10) <> Round(inval * 100, 10) Then and this does something weird like rounding Round(Int(0.29 * 100), 10) to 28. ...

Purchase Outlook 2003
Where can I purchase Outlook 2003? I've tried Staples but they only carry Version 2002. Thank you. try Amazon.com or other online stores. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=3...

how do i set up outlook notifiy me of emails with out opening it
i am trying to find out how to configure my outlook to run in the notification area but not have the hole program running and it tell me i have an email. It does that on my computer at work but it doesnt do that on my personal computer it only does this if i have outlook open already If you're using a POP3 server for your mail there are a number of free small POP3 checkers that will tell you that there's mail waiting to be retreived. "Donald Wyman" <Donald Wyman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9863E305-7C09-4ABA-BBF7-A105C162EB7E@microsoft.com......

Outlook Mapisp32
Can not delete messages or receive messages To fix log off Outlook go on line and delete all inbox messages i.e.. comcast.net or send all messages to another account delete messages in trash can, log off, then go to Outlook. ...

Macro or Lookup? Not sure where to start.
I have created two worksheets: 1) Auction Items Item# Table# Location# ItemDescription WinBid are the headers of the data. 2) Bidders Bidder# FirstName LastName I would like to be able to create a macro or something that will allow me to enter the item#, bidder# and winning bid price and have a sheet filled with. ie. Item# 2 (Handcrafted Table) Bidder# 12 (John Doe) Winning Bid $250 Can excel pull from two sheets and created another sheet with all the final details? I am a little new to excel (version 2000) it is the only tool/application available to us at this time. If anyone can poi...

How to see what Outlook is actually dialing?
Is there a way to see what numbers Outlook is actually dialing? I am trying to trouble shoot Outlook dialing my calling card (long distance within my area code). The dialing rules appear correct as far as I can tell, but I would like to see what Outlook is really dialing. I am using Outlook2000 on Win2000. Thank you. ...