Cannot start Microsoft Outlook #3

I get the message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook". I've
reinstalled Office 2000 and still get the same message.
Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74721)

1) try running scanpst.exe on your Personal Folder

2) try renaming outcmd.dat to .old and restart Outlook. All the Toolbars
will reset then. This is quite a common problem with Outlook . The default
location for this file is:
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook

3) try recreating the profile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles

4) try running Outlook with the /safe switch from your Start-> Run window.
When this works run Help-> Detect and Repair

5) try disabling individual add-ons in Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button
Advanced E-mail Options...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get the message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook". I've
> reinstalled Office 2000 and still get the same message.
> Any ideas?

0
Roady

Outlook 2007 incoming email font being changed
Incoming emails from a particular contact show as readable text in autopreview display, but when I open them they are converted to symbol font. Attempts at changing the symbols to, say, arial make the text even less readable by causing all characters to appear as small squares. This happens with one sender only. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Outlook only downloads headers in email, not full message
New computer, first time with Outlook 07. Email messages only download as headers initially. The rest of the message, i.e. the body of the message and any attachments, don't download unless I hit "Send/Receive" again. How do I make it so that I don't have to hit Send/Receive in order to get the whole message. I've already gone into Tools > Send/Receive > Send-Receive Settings and made adjustments there as per Outlook Help, but that didn't fix the problem. Outlook\Tools\Options\Mail Setup\Send/Receive\Edit\Folder Options and set it up there making sur...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 07-19-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:43:49 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 08:47:06 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:34:41 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 579 Total No. of Characters...: 1402608 Total Volume..............: 1369 Messages Per Day..........: 82.7 Characters Per Day........: 200372.6 Average Daily Volume......: 195 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Using images in microsoft publisher to create flyers
Are you able to use images in microsoft publisher to create flyers and distribute those flyers via mail? Thanks in advance Sure... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tou.aspx See the EULA If you have a valid license to Office, you can use the clips: Personal items Business items, under the following restrictions: 1. The clip should not be used as a part of your logo. 2. If you are selling an item which depicts the clip, the clip cannot be the primary value of the item ( you cannot sell a clipart collection or sell a book of just clipart, etc) -- Paul Ballou MVP Office --...

Starting up on start-up help!

Check out this security update from the Microsoft Corp.
--raadzbbqithpnp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pmxpzueoeva"; type="multipart/alternative" --pmxpzueoeva Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vaklcirho" --vaklcirho Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prot...

Help with adding Background music to email using Outlook 2003
Can anybody tell me how to add background music to emails using Outlook 2003. I know you can do it in Outlook Express, but is there a way to do it in Outlook? Thanks please email me thanks staple502@yahoo.com Actually it might be good to post the answer here so that everybody can see.. thanks again. "nk" <staple502@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c1deqv$3eb$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > Can anybody tell me how to add background music to emails using Outlook > 2003. I know you can do it in Outlook Express, but is there a way to do it > in Outlook? Thanks ...

Need advice to start off a project
Hello! I have never really used Excel much but I have had an idea which could make some of the work I do a lot easier. I know Excel is powerful but I don't know the best way to approach it so can anyone out there help me? I make visits to places and record what kind of visit it was on a spreadsheet with the values in each cell being the date. At the bottom there is a summary box which shows, on each date, how many visits I made of each type. At the moment this is done manually but I am sure it can be done automatically only how? On a different sheet I would then like to have a summary of...

outlook express #148
Is it possible to recover deleted email messages in outlook express? Any help would be greatly appreciated. "Jeff McIsaac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ab01c3e9a9$c3507280$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to recover deleted email messages in > outlook express? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you've emptied the Trash folder, I would say impossible unless you have a backup. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program d...

Outlook "Insufficient system resources to complete the requested service" with attachments
Hi gurus In Outlook I am getting "Insufficient system resources to complete the requested service" with any attachments. Can send using the Send To in Word etc. NT4 SP6 Outlook 2000. Only Outlook running. Thanks to 1 n all Juliet x ...

Missing Attachments in Outlook 2007/Outlook 2010 Beta.
Hi, We are experiencing a missing attachment issue in Outlook 2007/Outlook 2010 beta from Outlook 2003. These attachments are in messages forwarded as attachments and received via our Exchange 2010 installation. The attachments *are* visible from Outlook WebApp. In Outlook 2007/2010 the message has no paperclip icon, yet the message is of the correct size. From my rather long investigation, it appears that these certain messages from Outlook 2003 include a Content-ID header, which is typically used for referencing embedded attachments, such as inline JPGs for HTML pages. ...

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
Hi, I have Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3. Everytime I go to Microsoft Updates and attempt to download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1, I get an error message....DOWNLOAD HAS FAILED. What could the problem be? Thank you for any assistance you can give me. Me to, Anybody?? "moon4707" <moon4707@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5286C7B5-9AB1-478C-A5EE-8F315A9EAB11@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3. Everytime I go to Microsoft > Updates and attempt to download Microsoft .NET Framewo...

Cannot start Outlook 2002
My computer is usualy connected to an MS Exchange server at work. However I'd like to use Outlook at home with another e-mail account. When I try to start Outlook I get an error message : Cannot connect to exchange server. So I click work offline. Then, get another error message: Cannot start Outlook. Could not open information store. The the program quits. Anyone know a work around? Thanks. Create a new profile for your home account. Then set Outlook to prompt for profile. Select your home profile and Outlook will not try to connect to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Microsoft Money 98
When I back up my Money file (2.1 MB) on a 700 MB CD (by overwriting, of course) it uses up an additional 16 MBs., even though I only add one of two extra transactions. This does not occur backing up other files. It is no big problem, as the CDs are not expensive, but I'm curious as to the reason for this. Any answers? the 16Mb might be the session closing data which is written when writing a CD. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use ...

3-tier stacked bar chart
Hello - I work for a police department and need to create a stacked bar chart for homicide victims and suspects by race and gender. The chart would be separated into victims on the left and suspects on the right. Within each, there would 3 bars: Black, White, Asian. Within each of those three bars is male/female. Does anyone know how to enter that data into an excel spreadsheet??? Any help appreciated! Hi, Try this data in range A1:D7. Create a stacked column plotting Series in Rows. You will then need to format the 6 series as appropriate. Victim Suspect Black Male 1 1 Female 1 1 ...

Microsoft Exchange offline address book #2
I have been getting a lot of calls about errors that our Outlook 2003 users have been getting. Here are the errors: Microsoft Exchange offline address book 0X8004010F and Microsoft Exchange server reported error (0x8004010F): The operation failed. An object could not be found. We are running a Windows Server 2003 AD domain and Exchange 5.5 SP4. We have not migrated to Exchange 2003 but are working towards it. Exchange 2003 has not been installed yet. I have googled the errors and searched on Microsoft's website and all the information I come up with relates to Exchange 2000/2003....

Outlook 2003 insert file dialog will not display as list
Hi I have a strange problem with some users on Outlook 2003 (SP3) on Windows XP (SP2). When clicking the paper clip icon to insert a file, the resulting dialog box will not allow you to display the files as the 'list' or 'details' view. If you select either of these, the files are displayed as icons, despite the drop down box confirming that the files should be displayed in list form. This is not a problem for every user, but for those that have this issue, it is not apparent on any other Office product installed on their systems. Has anyone seen this before and have or su...

microsoft office upload center
Hello, In the icon tray there is an orange circle with an arrow in it. It says microsoft office upload center. How can I shut this off? There is no exit or close anywhere. on the menu item or dialog. thanks It can't be disabled entirely, but you can tell Windows to hide the icon and its notification pop-ups. 1. Right-click your task bar. 2. Choose "Properties". 3. Select the "Taskbar" tab. 4. In the "Notification Area" section, click the "Customize" button. 5. For "Microsoft Office Document Cache", choose "Hide Ico...

This broke my microsoft money!
Business at the speed of thought is now online! One thing before we begin: I would just like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this priceless and totally valuable report. I know you're very busy and I want you to know straight off that I VALUE YOUR TIME. So let's start now... (now find your freedom in this page!) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- People are shocked when at the beginning I recommend, 'DON'T BELIEVE A WORD I SAY.' Why would I suggest that? Because I can only come from my own experien...

outlook 2000 profiles
Hi When anyone change computer I have to manuly create a new outlook profile on the new machine. Is there any way that I can do this with a script or a logonscript? ...

Outlook XP "Send and receive, operation failed"
Hello, Every time I hit Send and receive button, it gives me the message that "operation failed". But infect, the operation didn't failed. Any Idea what could cause this problem? Thanks pls exit out of Outlook. goto your task manager & check if more than one instance of OUTLOOK.EXE is running. if yes, kill all instances & start Outlook again. also, try starting outlook in safe mode (press 'shift' while starting Outlook) & check if "send/receive" produces this error. you can do a detect-repair in outlook after this & check for you...

my blackberry won't sync with my Outlook
I just installed Outlook 2007 on my computer. I am unable to sync my contacts, calendar, tasks etc. to my blackberry using the blackberry desktop manager. When i try to configuer the intellisync portion of the desktop manager it does not give me the option of selecting my Outlook. The only options I get is yahoo, and ASCII importer/exporter I suggest see if this Blackberry 101 series helps you in any shape or form: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-setup-your-blackberry-sync-outlook hth "CigarStoreIndian" <CigarStoreIndian@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Word 2007 and Microsoft Updates
There was an automatic update applied to my Vista 64 bit system, probably on 2/10 or 2/11. Word stopped working. If I wanted a word count it stopped responding, if I wanted to change the list for a Word merge operation it stopped responding, if I tried to open a document it would stop responding. I have restored my system to 2/9 and everything worked again. Last night Vista updated and Word was broken again. I've restored to 2/9 but I can't find any other discussion about the problems the update created. Any other users having the same problem? I have turned off a...

Scheduling visibility by integrating with Outlook
While 1.2 has some "ties" to Outlook, the relationship leaves a lot to be desired. With our need for accurate time tracking/reporting comes the need to have visibility into different schedules. Right now, we have to use both applications in order to determine which technician to schedule for an issue. Changes to schedules should be visible from either application, Outlook or CRM. For example, a call comes in to my help desk. Tech A assists on the phone, entering his notes as he talks. It develops that he needs to send a technician out to fix the issue. Tech A should be able t...

Beer/Wine/Liquor retailers Beware-Microsoft RMS won't meet your ne
I purchased Micrsoft RMS to upgrade my old POS system. This has been a disaster. First, RMS is not really designed to handle case/pack properly. So called work around using Matrix, parent-child relationship are tidious and create a lot of unnecessary records. Here is the letter I sent to Microsoft: Dear Microsoft Dynamics I would like to express my utter disappointment with Microsoft Retail Management System. I own a large liquor store in Colorado. I purchased Microsoft Retail Management package (three licenses) after reading your website about how your product can help my s...