Cannot send E-Mails, but can Receive them -- Outlook 2003

Okay, I'm completely baffeled by this one.  I have two Windows XP machines
(one desktop and one laptop), both with Service Pack 2 (and up to date), and
both have Outlook 2003 installed on them.  I've set them both up with the
exact same account with the exact same account configuration options; the
desktop sends and receives just as it should, the laptop can only receive.

On the Laptop, when I go into the "E-Mail Accounts" configuration screen and
click on the "Test Account Settings..." button, a dialog box comes up with
two tabs.  The first tab shows that the tasks "Establish network
connection", "Find outgoing mail server (SMTP)", "Find incoming mail server
(POP3)", and "Log onto incoming mail server (POP3)", all finished with a
"Status" of "Completed".  Unfortunately the "Send test e-mail message" shows
a completion status of "Failed".

Flipping to the "Errors" tab I see the following message:
"Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message.  Please verify the
E-mail Address field."

FWIW, the "Test Account Settings..." button works as it should on the
desktop machine.

When I attempt to send an actual E-Mail via Outlook 2003, I create the
message and click "Send", and the message immediately goes to the Outbox and
sits there.  When I click on the "Send/Receive" button, the "Outlook
Send/Receive Progress" dialog pops up and I get the following message:
"Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.com -- Sending and Receiving' reported error
(0x800CCC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted.  If this
problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service
provider (ISP).'"

Thought?

0
shipo (2)

Have you set your outgoing mail (SMTP server) to use the same authentication
credentials as your incoming mail (POP3 server)?

If you have done this already, have you tried creating a new profile for
Outlook to use?

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Shipo" wrote:

> Okay, I'm completely baffeled by this one.  I have two Windows XP machines
> (one desktop and one laptop), both with Service Pack 2 (and up to date), and
> both have Outlook 2003 installed on them.  I've set them both up with the
> exact same account with the exact same account configuration options; the
> desktop sends and receives just as it should, the laptop can only receive.
>
> On the Laptop, when I go into the "E-Mail Accounts" configuration screen and
> click on the "Test Account Settings..." button, a dialog box comes up with
> two tabs.  The first tab shows that the tasks "Establish network
> connection", "Find outgoing mail server (SMTP)", "Find incoming mail server
> (POP3)", and "Log onto incoming mail server (POP3)", all finished with a
> "Status" of "Completed".  Unfortunately the "Send test e-mail message" shows
> a completion status of "Failed".
>
> Flipping to the "Errors" tab I see the following message:
> "Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message.  Please verify the
> E-mail Address field."
>
> FWIW, the "Test Account Settings..." button works as it should on the
> desktop machine.
>
> When I attempt to send an actual E-Mail via Outlook 2003, I create the
> message and click "Send", and the message immediately goes to the Outbox and
> sits there.  When I click on the "Send/Receive" button, the "Outlook
> Send/Receive Progress" dialog pops up and I get the following message:
> "Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.com -- Sending and Receiving' reported error
> (0x800CCC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted.  If this
> problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service
> provider (ISP).'"
>
> Thought?

0
KOrland1 (1012)
2/25/2008 8:23:02 PM
Hey Kathleen, thanks for the response.  ;-)

Yes, I've got all of the SMTP and POP3 settings set correctly, and on the
"Outgoing Server" tab of the "Internet E-Mail Settings" dialog I've tried
both the "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" and "Log on the the
incoming mail server before sending mail", and both options fail in the same
way.

Regarding a new profile, no, I've not done that, and geez, I've never even
heard of that before.  Needless to say I've not even tried that.  I'm
curious, why do you think a new profile might help?

Best Regards,
Dale

"K. Orland" <KOrland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have you set your outgoing mail (SMTP server) to use the same
> authentication
> credentials as your incoming mail (POP3 server)?
>
> If you have done this already, have you tried creating a new profile for
> Outlook to use?
>
> --
> Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "Shipo" wrote:
>
>> Okay, I'm completely baffeled by this one.  I have two Windows XP
>> machines
>> (one desktop and one laptop), both with Service Pack 2 (and up to date),
>> and
>> both have Outlook 2003 installed on them.  I've set them both up with the
>> exact same account with the exact same account configuration options; the
>> desktop sends and receives just as it should, the laptop can only
>> receive.
>>
>> On the Laptop, when I go into the "E-Mail Accounts" configuration screen
>> and
>> click on the "Test Account Settings..." button, a dialog box comes up
>> with
>> two tabs.  The first tab shows that the tasks "Establish network
>> connection", "Find outgoing mail server (SMTP)", "Find incoming mail
>> server
>> (POP3)", and "Log onto incoming mail server (POP3)", all finished with a
>> "Status" of "Completed".  Unfortunately the "Send test e-mail message"
>> shows
>> a completion status of "Failed".
>>
>> Flipping to the "Errors" tab I see the following message:
>> "Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message.  Please verify
>> the
>> E-mail Address field."
>>
>> FWIW, the "Test Account Settings..." button works as it should on the
>> desktop machine.
>>
>> When I attempt to send an actual E-Mail via Outlook 2003, I create the
>> message and click "Send", and the message immediately goes to the Outbox
>> and
>> sits there.  When I click on the "Send/Receive" button, the "Outlook
>> Send/Receive Progress" dialog pops up and I get the following message:
>> "Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.com -- Sending and Receiving' reported error
>> (0x800CCC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted.  If this
>> problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service
>> provider (ISP).'"
>>
>> Thought?

0
shipo (2)
2/25/2008 8:41:29 PM
Sometimes there is corruption in the profile. Creating a new profile (don't
copy because it will bring the corruption over) can resolve it.

Have you checked your application event viewer for any Office-related errors?

--

"Shipo" wrote:

> [...]
> >> a completion status of "Failed".
> >>
> >> Flipping to the "Errors" tab I see the following message:
> >> "Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message.  Please verify
> >> the
> >> E-mail Address field."
> >>
> >> FWIW, the "Test Account Settings..." button works as it should on the
> >> desktop machine.
> >>
> >> When I attempt to send an actual E-Mail via Outlook 2003, I create the
> >> message and click "Send", and the message immediately goes to the Outbox
> >> and
> >> sits there.  When I click on the "Send/Receive" button, the "Outlook
> >> Send/Receive Progress" dialog pops up and I get the following message:
> >> "Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.com -- Sending and Receiving' reported error
> >> (0x800CCC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted.  If this
> >> problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service

0
KOrland1 (1012)
2/25/2008 9:08:03 PM
To add to what Kathleen has said, ensure your port settings match what =
your ISP is requesting on their web page for mail setup.  Several are =
blocking port 25 and are using an alternate port.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Shipo asked:

| Okay, I'm completely baffeled by this one.  I have two Windows XP
| machines (one desktop and one laptop), both with Service Pack 2 (and
| up to date), and both have Outlook 2003 installed on them.  I've set
| them both up with the exact same account with the exact same account
| configuration options; the desktop sends and receives just as it
| should, the laptop can only receive.=20
|=20
| On the Laptop, when I go into the "E-Mail Accounts" configuration
| screen and click on the "Test Account Settings..." button, a dialog
| box comes up with two tabs.  The first tab shows that the tasks
| "Establish network connection", "Find outgoing mail server (SMTP)",
| "Find incoming mail server (POP3)", and "Log onto incoming mail
| server (POP3)", all finished with a "Status" of "Completed".=20
| Unfortunately the "Send test e-mail message" shows a completion
| status of "Failed".=20
|=20
| Flipping to the "Errors" tab I see the following message:
| "Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message.  Please
| verify the E-mail Address field."
|=20
| FWIW, the "Test Account Settings..." button works as it should on the
| desktop machine.
|=20
| When I attempt to send an actual E-Mail via Outlook 2003, I create the
| message and click "Send", and the message immediately goes to the
| Outbox and sits there.  When I click on the "Send/Receive" button,
| the "Outlook Send/Receive Progress" dialog pops up and I get the
| following message: "Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.com -- Sending and
| Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F): 'The connection to the server
| was interrupted.  If this problem continues, contact your server
| administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'"
|=20
| Thought?
0
Milly
2/26/2008 5:04:46 AM
Hi Shipo,

As you have explained in your  email, there is definitely nothing wrong with
the account settings or with your outlook.
the problem is with your ISP,
If your ISP is not yahoo they do not allow relaying, hence you cant send
mails using a wireless network.
If your desktop is directly connected to the modem or router, ISP can
identify that computer hence u can send mails.

"Srikanth" <srikanth-b@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Shipo,
>
> As you have explained in your  email, there is definitely nothing wrong
> with the account settings or with your outlook.
> the problem is with your ISP,
> If your ISP is not yahoo they do not allow relaying, hence you cant send
> mails using a wireless network.
> If your desktop is directly connected to the modem or router, ISP can
> identify that computer hence u can send mails.

What A LOAD OF COBBLERS! It doesn't matter in the SLIGHTEST how the OP
connects to the router....

0
gbplinux (1141)
2/26/2008 11:57:44 AM
"Shipo" <shipo@comcast.net> wrote in message

> On the Laptop, when I go into the "E-Mail Accounts" configuration screen
> and click on the "Test Account Settings..." button, a dialog box comes up
> with two tabs.  The first tab shows that the tasks "Establish network
> connection",

That's interesting - I have a laptop connected wirelessly to my router and
when I do "Test Account Settings" it NEVER says "Establish Network
Connection".
Does your laptop not automatically connect to the network on boot up?

0
gbplinux (1141)
2/26/2008 12:03:22 PM
Gordon <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

> That's interesting - I have a laptop connected wirelessly to my
> router and when I do "Test Account Settings" it NEVER says "Establish
> Network Connection".
> Does your laptop not automatically connect to the network on boot up?

You can have an on-demand network connection instead of an always-on network
connection if you configure it that way.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
> Gordon <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> That's interesting - I have a laptop connected wirelessly to my
>> router and when I do "Test Account Settings" it NEVER says "Establish
>> Network Connection".
>> Does your laptop not automatically connect to the network on boot up?
>
> You can have an on-demand network connection instead of an always-on
> network connection if you configure it that way.

I just wondered whether it might be a network problem rather than an Outlook
one....

0
gbplinux (1141)

Can you convert info from money 2000 to Money 2002?????
Can you convert info from money 2000 on a lap top to a desk top pc having Money 2002????? Generally, speaking, yes. "John" <Jsmillenaar@aol.com> wrote in message news:1cfd01c38ecc$7a19f560$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Can you convert info from money 2000 on a lap top to a > desk top pc having Money 2002????? ...

How can I share my calendar on a website?
I need to share a outlook calendar on the web. I'm doing this to manage others tasks and have them imput status on what they are working on. I know I need to enter a file protocol, followed by the path to the location where I want to save the file. I'm not that savvy with computers and have no idea how to do this! Please Help!!!! Thank you so much whoever can help. Brettina In Tools | Email Accounts, do you see a Microsoft Exchange account?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and...

Resolution to printing mail merge 4 up
Here is what I had to do in order to print postcards 4 up mail merged properly so that each name is on their own card. I am using Publisher 2003 so I don't know if this will work in other versions. Using the Tools>Mail Merge Wizard, Set up the mail merge the way you want it to appear (steps 1 thru 4). Only stop at step 4 DO NOT continue to step 5. Go to File>Print Merge At this point you can select the printer, properties etc as well as change copies per sheet and print range or all. This seems to work and will place a different name/address on each card on that page. I ...

Can I get a picture to flow with the text?
I want a picture box to flow with my text instead of the text flowing around my picture. Please help! Position the image in the text box, right-click the image, click format picture, layout tab, select inline on the drop down. The image has to be fully or partially in the text box for the inline to be active. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lnewhall" <lnewhall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9389F6E0-BB5D-4ADA-8334-39B108192240@microsoft.com... >I want a picture box to flow with my text instead of the text flowing around > my picture. Ple...

can't upload to images gallery
I can't upload from my hard drive to the image gallery, nothing happens. ...

Sending mail from remote location

PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?
I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as tables? Charles Belo...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

how do i make subcolumbs with in a columb with 2003 excell
? I don't know what you mean by "subcolumns", but it doesn't sound like anything supported by Excel. Perhaps you could provide an explanation and example of exactly what you are looking for. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2008 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email on web site) "jsm" <jsm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BA7A1F4-8A0A-4544-9F5F-450FFA28114E@microsoft.com... >? ...

e-mail attached files: asks for administrator approval? my lapto
In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with anyone else???? -- retired jwb "jwb" <jwb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:843441C1-CC67-4F0C-90D3-6D8D1BA20347@microsoft.com... > In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for > administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with > anyone else???? Since you don't state the exact error message. I can only guess, but I guess this: http://www...

can't download pop3 email
This is my error message Task Receiving reported error 0x800CCC0F The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or your ISP The server responded +OK How do I fix this? What did your ISP say? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, M Pond <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group: | This is my error mes...

Send and Recieve Fix

mail size restriction
how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and ims You can set restrictions on the IMS,. Local user restrictions in 5.5 are a bit more tricky. However, by forcing messages through the MTA and applying the limits on the MTA, you can accomplish that as well. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value : No Local Delivery Type: DWORD Value: 0x1 Test of course! On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:37:43 -0700, "jameel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

How detemine how many toolbars can be fit on a Frame row?
Hello, I have several toolbars that I'd like to display on as few "frame rows" as possible. Since the User may change display resolution I can't hardcode which toolbars should be displayed on a row and I therefore need to calculate how many will fit at runtime. To do this I get the size in screen units of the Frame that holds the toobars and then, for each toolbar, I get the size (again in screen units) of the toolbar and use that to calculate how much "space is remaining" on the row. If there's enough room left I add the toolbar to the row and if not I star...

Unable to send?

Good practise
THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange box.Thank you craig >I suggest applying Exchange SP2, editing registry to allow DB size to >accommodate your storage needs and increasing storage limits. >After all, .psts are kept on the server too, taking space. Message in >.pst needs the same or more disk space than in Exchange DB. Also the >same message sent to many recipients stored in Exchange DB...

Can the "calander", and "calander in mailbox" be sync'd to have the same info in it?
Hello All Can the "calander", and "calander in mailbox" be sync'd to have the same info in it? My problem is that when I recieve an appt. in the "calendar in mailbox", my handheld, sync's the info from the "caledar" instead of the "calander in mailbox". Any help is greatly appreciated! MMJII Any particular reason you're not using your mailbox as your default delivery location? "MMJII" <MMJII@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eW1wQPHjFHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello All > Can the "calander...

Can I print 2 A5 side by side on A4 landscape
Using Publisher , how can i produce two identical A5 text layouts , side-by-side on a sheet of A4 landscape paper Setup your printer first, select A4. In page setup select custom, landscape, input 14.8cm width and 20.997cm height. The dialogue on the page setup will say "Prints 2 copies per sheet, 2 columns of 1." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Molly" <Molly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E49428-863F-4657-92FE-0263BBA164C2@microsoft.com... > Using Publisher , how c...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Clicking on new mail notification does not open email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I finally upgraded from WLM 2 to 3 (14.0.8089.0726) this afternoon (Win = XP SP2). When I get a new mail notification via Messenger and click on = it the email does not open. I have to go to the inbox to open it. Any = ideas? Kevin ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTY...

Forwarding Mail to an external Address
I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that distribution group, to an external email address. Is this possible? I tried to set up the rule, but could not get it to work. Thanks On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:17:01 -0700, RayRedSoxFan <RayRedSoxFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a >rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that >distribution group, to an external email address. Is this p...

Send Do Not Send

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003