cannot receive mail, delete mail, or send mail. get an error message.

Now I know why I switch between Outlook Express and
Outlook: Both cease to function at one point in time. In
Outlook 2000, I cannot receive mail; I cannot delete mail;
I cannot use the calendar function. Here are the messages:
When I click receive mail, I get:
C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst
could not be accessed.access denied.
and:
(Account:'incoming.verizon.net',PPO3server:'incoming.verizo
n.net',error number:0x800040116).

I cannot delete. I get the following
message:C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook
..pst could not be accessed.access denied.

When I try to delete reminder, I get:Cannot turn off
reminder.You may be reminded again.The file
C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst
could not be accessed.access denied.

What can I do?  I followed OL2000 and downloaded
pst2gb.exe, which didn't do anything because my file size
was under 2gb. The fix and repair yielded no need to
repair when I scanned.

How do I fix or reinstall Outlook 2000?  My mail does
download from the server in Outlook Express.  I have
Verizon DSL and a Wireless Access Point Router. Windows
OS: Millenneum.
0
anonymous (74717)

dhicks <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Now I know why I switch between Outlook Express and
> Outlook: Both cease to function at one point in time. In
> Outlook 2000, I cannot receive mail; I cannot delete mail;
> I cannot use the calendar function. Here are the messages:
> When I click receive mail, I get:
> C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst
> could not be accessed.access denied.

Exit Outlook.  Make sure it's really gone by examining your process list
with Task Manager.  You can also reboot your computer and hold down the
Shift key (either left or right) while you log in to prevent anything in
your Startup folder from running.  This should assure that nothing has that
file open.  Now, try to examine the properties of the file (right-click,
choose "Properties". Can you see them all?  Is the file read/write?  It
should be.  Now try to copy the file to another folder.  If you are
successful, open Control Panel and the Mail applet.  Select your profile and
click "Properties".  Locate the "Personal Folders" service and remove it.
Next, click Add and choose "Personal Folders".  When asked for the location
of the file, browse to the folder where you copyied the PST file in the
prior step.  Click OK and Finish as appropriate until you're back to your
desktop.  Start Outlook.  Can you see your folders now?  If not, create an
entire new profile in Control Panel/Mail and perform the aforementioned
steps of adding the personal folders.  You'll also need to recreate your POP
account.  One of these efforts should reestablish proper access to your pst
file.  If not, I'm stumped.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc
How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Thanks kuotaiyi wrote: > How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? > > anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make > the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. > > Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Out of curiousity, do you mean highlight it to the person receiving the email or highlight to the person sending ...

How to delete some sample CRM Data
I created some test data as Quota, Order, Product. And now CRM doesn't allow me to delete some of them because of they became read only data. Is there any way to delete active or closed quota, Order etc, and products that in used? If I delete the user account who is own the records that I want to delete, what happened? Any help appreciated. If you are working into a development or test environment then use SQL to clear the database. Is the faster way... If anything stop to work after this, reinstall the CRM. :D []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "gulsah.safsoy@teknoko...

Outlook 2003: Mail "Favorite Folders" changes lost after quitting / restarting
I'm using Office Outlook 2003 on Win XP. Can somebody please help me fix this problem? A few days back I realized I could customize the Favorite Folders area on the Mail navigation pane. So I removed a couple folders and added a couple, it life was good for a few days -- Outlook remembered my changes from session to session. Starting yesterday, however, Outlook forgot my changes and has reverted back to its original list of Favorite Folders. Also now, when I add / delete Favorite Folders, it remembers them only until I quit Outlook. When I restart it after quitting, the Fav...

Cannot open Windows mail 02-28-10
I have been running IE8 vista on my Dell xps 630i using CA anti virus, the problem is every now and again when i click on the Windows mail icon i get a message telling me that there is another instance of mail running shut it down and reboot, I have done this I also have done the clean boot but it keeps happening, any suggestions? It is not a Windows Mail problem. You need to figure out what program is doing that to it "pcjones" <pcjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:287C4A5C-85C6-4C29-A9A9-6EF9ADD79BC1@microsoft.com... >I have been ru...

Mail Merge #2
In Publisher 2002 is it possible to print a roster of Mail Merge data base records showing multiple entries per page? I'm essentially looking to print a phone book type list with Able, Ann (222) 222-2222 on the first line, Brown, Bob (333) 333-3333 on the second line and so on. Any help would be appreciated. Not difficult at all if you make a custom size small in height label the width of the page. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Plugin running on deletion of a record
I'm having some problems with a plugin which runs whenever a custom entity is deleted. The plug-in code itself seems to work fine, but after it steps out of the plugin, I get a "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it", and the record itself doesn't get deleted. Within the plugin, I do access the record itself to get some information that is not passed in the message. It might be that the entity is not properly released. Do you guys know what's the proper way to release the dynamicentity? (I tried to set it to null,...

New email moved in Deleted items folder
Hi, After we activated a rule to transfert new e-mail to another mailbox all new e-mail were automatically moved to the deleted items folder. We had used this rule before with no problem. I first deactivate the rule and e-mail are still going to deleted items. I've also tried to delete the rule but still have the problem. It's an Exchange 2007 user mailbox and we are using Outlook 2007 on client side. Line Open Outlook with the /cleanrules switch to deactivate all rules both client and server side. You may have rules in conflict. "LM" <LM@discussio...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

password protect mail box?
is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? All Exchange mailboxes are password protected. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185139E2-6838-414B-BE94-2B7311278D8A@microsoft.com... > is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:44:02 -0700, "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? Isnt this mailbox associated with an AD account already?...

how do I block incoming messages with non-US charactersets?
I have been getting so much spam from Russia and Asia that I want to block all emails with non-US character sets. How do I do that? I have been getting so much spam from USA, Canada, Australia and Western Europe that I want to block all emails with non-cyrilliccharacter sets. How do I do that? "John Brahy" <johnbrahy@community.nospam> wrote in message news:exlO6fFPFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I have been getting so much spam from Russia and Asia that I want to > block all emails with non-US character sets. How do I do that? Your message is very discriminatin...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

new mail, automatically email adres
Hello, I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's When i send new mail, automatically when i type the first letters of the recipient, the email adres is visible? Can i delete this list or put it off? Thank you, Uncheck the "Suggest names when completing the To, CC and BCC fields" box here: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced Email Options "wvdp" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:%23eAANoXqFHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's > When i send new mail, automatica...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

Pre-formatted E-mails for Attachments
We're using Outlook 2003. If a user is in My Documents, right clicks on a Word Document (for instance), chooses Send To, E-Mail, a preformatted E-mail appears on the screen. Is there anyway we can change the Template for that E-mail? TIA, JohnK John F Kappler, you wrote on Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:10:44 GMT: > We're using Outlook 2003. > > If a user is in My Documents, right clicks on a Word Document (for > instance), chooses Send To, E-Mail, a preformatted E-mail appears on > the screen. > > Is there anyway we can change the Template for that E-mail? You can...

Downloading mail issues
Greetings all, I have a couple of machines connected to a Domain and they are not using PST files, so all their mail resides on the server. When they open outlook, they can see the messages, but when they try to open them, it seems to either take forever for the message to open or it causes outlook to give the "Not Responding" message. I am reloading Outlook as I cannot think of anything else to do, but wanted to know if anyone encountered this before and if so, is there a solution to this. They were initially using Cache Exchange but we have since turned that off. I als...

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...

How do I get drop-down list that includes, eg top10
I've seen a drop down list on an excel speardsheet that includes top10, all, blanks, sort ascending and also adds to the list everything entered in the column below. I can create a basic dropdown with data > validation, but how do I include these other features? Thanks RichardHouse;672332 Wrote: > I've seen a drop down list on an excel speardsheet that includes top10, all, > blanks, sort ascending and also adds to the list everything entered in the > column below. > > I can create a basic dropdown with data > validation, but how do I inc...

IE 8 stops getting started on my indows Vista
All the sudden (maybe after some incorrect clicking of some unknow prompt..), I cann't start IE any more on my Vista. I open Task manager, and Application tab doesn't have IE while Process tab does. I used my other computer (XP) to download IE 8 and the tried to reinsyall on my Vista, it compalins that the version being installed is older than the one on my Vista. In another word, i couldn't even restore it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! "Frank Wu" <FrankWu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6191D08-11BD-4BAC-8D7E-56E...

How do I get hyperlinks, from previous version of excel, to work .
Since I have upgraded to a new computer, and Excel 2003, I cannot get my existing hyperlinks to work. Additionally, I can create hyperlinks, but when I click on them, I get a message that states that the specified file cannot be opened. ...

Cant send emails 06-04-10
I get the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'free movies', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E How do I fix it so I can get emails. ...

10x Conflict Message from Public Folder Store
Hi We have received 5+ duplicate messages (some with attached duplicate messages) in our public folder store. In addition 10 conflict messages sent to the public folder and all active directory users on the network. The source of the original message is legit (one of our printers informing the toner is low). Multiple edits have been made to "Event:BLACK TONER LOW". The conflicting edits have been attached to a conflict message in "Enquiry". I have disabled the printer from sending emails and have sent a test email to the public folder which arrived without problem. Wh...