CANNOT READ EMAIL

I am able to retrieve email from my POP server using
Outlook Express, but I am unable to view the message
contents.  It simply appears blank.

This happened after I removed all the .dbx files from the
Outlook Express folder and attempted to replace them with
the ones that I had saved from my old computer.  The same
problem occurred with the old files; I was able to see
the messages with the sender and subject, but not able to
view the message contents.  Now I can't read ANY of my
messages.

If anyone can tell me how to fix this problem and to
restore the contents of my old messages, I would be
greatly appreciative.

Thanks, Brian Gates
0
suprbrian (1)

Brian Gates <suprbrian@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am able to retrieve email from my POP server using
> Outlook Express, but I am unable to view the message
> contents.  It simply appears blank.

1) Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup.
2) Try this: and a command line prompt, enter REGSVR32 INETCOMM.DLL
--
Brian Tillman
0

How to send a form to my email address
I am trying to create a form in my website which I would like the page of content send to my email address. I use "Insert"-"Form Control" to build a page of the content. I added the "Submit" button to send the form content to my email address. However, when I published the website, and click the submit button, there are error message for it as: "The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons: 1. You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded)...

Exch 5.5
I have set up the IMC's Message Filtering to disable a previous employee from sending mail from his home email address in to our server. I am now being asked to block internal users with accounts on our server from sending out to this users home email address. Is there a way to block outbound email to one email address? We are running Sybari Antigen on our server but I can't see of a way to do this with that application either. ...

Reading .wks file

How do I change the default location when saving Email attachment
When saving an Excel file that I opened from an Email attachment, I want to be able to change the default file folder to save the file in. In Outlook, I am able to change only the default file folder for attachments that are not yet opened. Once the file is opened in Excel (or Word), the default folder is still the original folder name. So far, I have not been able to find a way to change this default folder name. I don't think you can change this behavior for just email attachments. But Jim Rech posted this: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_fr...

External emails off
Hi, Environmet: 1 - 2-node cluster running Win Server 2k3 EE as DC and SQL DB. 2 - ISA 2004 SE server with Allow All Outbound connections from internal to External and proper SMTP and SMTPS rules. 3 - Exchnage 2003 EE. 4 - 50 users on XP Pro SP1. 5 - No AV. Problem: Up to 10 days back, everything went fine and dandy. Then, some sudden unknown problem happened that stoped users to send external emails. After several attemtps, Exchange server was fully formatted and re-installed on the same previous exchange configuration that existed in the AD. Now, external world is completely off. No ...

error attaching file to email
Getting the error: File Upload Failure There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file. Check the path and try again. The file is a pdf, about 74 KB. Any ideas?? ...

File won't open as read only

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Who is the recipient for Case Email Templates?
Hi If we use the email template to send an email in a Workflow Rule for a case, who's the recipient for the email? I understand we cannot select the recipient when an email template is used in a workflow but does it send to the email addr in the Account Email field or to the email address of the Primary Contact for the Account? My testing seems to say it sent to the Primary Contact. Is there any way to make it send to the email address in the Account record? Thnks, Jeffrey Au CORCEL SYSTEMS SDN BHD, www.corcelsystems.com We design and develop business-led database-driven web applica...

lost email folder in winmail
I have winmail and had an additional folder in it to receive another family member's email. That folder is no longer there. Any ideas of how or where I could find it? Its not in my recycling bin. I have done searches and found nothing. If the missing folder is not in your Deleted Items folder, then try a manual run of the message store compaction. Go to Tools, Options,=20 Advanced, Maintenance, and change the "100" runs to 1. Close Windows = Mail, which will then prompt you to allow a compaction; do so, and let it = complete. When you reopen Windows Live Mail, be...

Accessing an email account programmatically
Hello, We have Exchange 2K (moving soon to 2003) that serves all our users - about 1500. I need to access a particular email account programmatically for one of my applications so that I can get emails and respond based on certain biz logic. Understandably the Excahnge admin is hesistant in letting me do anything "fancy". What options do I have to be able to access one or more email accounts programmatically and what if any are risks associated with each of those methods. Any pointers to whitepapers discussing these would also be helpful. TIA, Sanjay. I can't provide you wi...

reading confirmation

Junk emails
I keep receiving messages with attachements to them. I receive many maessage from people I do no know and Outlook blocks them. It is has if somebody had access to an address book and sends email to everybody. How can we stop that You can't stop it since it is virus activity on a machine other than your own. You can download SpamBayes and use it to start filtering these mails. You don't say what version of Outlook you are using but 2003 does a pretty good job of filtering these mails for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discus...

Exchange 2003 email filtering
I received a request to begin blocking all non-business related emails. If possible I would like to use some type of whitelist and have the ability to apply the setting based on some type of group membership. Any suggestions? Thanks. Adam Choose one of many antispam products. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598308BA-F410-4C60-B063-2AB31D709EFC@microsoft.com... >I received a request to begin blocking all non-business related emails. If > possi...

The memory could not be "read".

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Email Text in Reports
Does anyone know how I can get the Email Text (Activity Description for an Email) to display nicely in a Report or Advanced Find? As it is currently (with all the HTML tags) it is totaly useless. I saw a "suggestion" posted from 2006 to which Microsoft replied that they would look into it, but I am running CRM 4.0 and I can't seem to find that setting. Thanks. Hi, Unfortunately that feature didn't make it into CRM 4.0. What you can do, is to create a new attribute on the email entity and using a callout populate that field with the same value as the body text, but t...

Unable to send email-merge from publisher 2007
I am using Vista, publisher 2007, Outlook 2007. outlook is set as default email pgm (all defaults selected). I prepare a merged email, but when I try to send it, I get the message "0 of 1 message(s) sent to outbox. Check your email client to ensure these e-mails are sent". nothing seems to get to Outlook. Any help would be greatly appreciated! You might get some insight from these articles. Create a mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP012330501033.aspx Tips for preparing your e-mail mailing list http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA012189451033.as...

Outlook not marking read emails as read
Hi - We have 1 computer that is doing the oddest thing, anytime the customer reads the last email in his box, exit's out of email and then comes back in, that email is now marked as unread - it's the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. I uninstalled office XP, rebooted, then reinstalled and applied the 2 service packs, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and was wondering if anybody out there has any thoughts on what to do.... thanks! Gerri Urban gurban@ci.broomfield.co.us ...

trouble with contacts defaulting to business fax instead of email
i need help desperately... i work with a win2k pro o/s and have recently upgraded to office xp and outlook xp with limited success. i run outlook as web mail client with mail serving hosted by an external isp. i have configured a local .pst file to contain my mail box items and for delivery. all my old contacts have been imported in to the new .pst file, and it contains inexcess of 500 contacts - some with email addresses, some with business faxes, some with both. when i start a new mail and try to address it, outlook only looks up the contacts who have a business fax number,...

Limiting Outgoing email to a particular domain