Cannot open .msg attachments

Hi team

I have run into a weird problem i can open all kinds of attachments except
..msg and when i double click on the attachment i get an Error Message the
messaging interface was not found please restart outlook but even after
doing all those things it does not want to work i have registered ole32.dll
using the regsvr32 command but still i am not sure why this is happening can
you guide me on this one please

thanks for all your help

Santosh.R

0
Santoshrm (5)

Are these msg-files you've created yourself or did you receive them? In case
of the last; can you succesfully open you own? Also post your version of
Outlook.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

"Santosh" <Santoshrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi team
>
> I have run into a weird problem i can open all kinds of attachments except
> .msg and when i double click on the attachment i get an Error Message the
> messaging interface was not found please restart outlook but even after
> doing all those things it does not want to work i have registered
> ole32.dll
> using the regsvr32 command but still i am not sure why this is happening
> can
> you guide me on this one please
>
> thanks for all your help
>
> Santosh.R

0
Roady
2/21/2005 8:21:14 AM
well these are the mails that i have got from within my own organization and
the version of outlook that i am using is 2003 with service pack 1 does it
have to do something with registering of some DLL's

Thanks for all your help

Santosh.R
message news:u3Jin4%23FFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Are these msg-files you've created yourself or did you receive them? In
> case of the last; can you succesfully open you own? Also post your version
> of Outlook.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
> --
>
> "Santosh" <Santoshrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi team
>>
>> I have run into a weird problem i can open all kinds of attachments
>> except
>> .msg and when i double click on the attachment i get an Error Message the
>> messaging interface was not found please restart outlook but even after
>> doing all those things it does not want to work i have registered
>> ole32.dll
>> using the regsvr32 command but still i am not sure why this is happening
>> can
>> you guide me on this one please
>>
>> thanks for all your help
>>
>> Santosh.R

0
Santoshrm (5)
2/21/2005 8:43:13 AM
Don't think so at the moment but you could always try a Detect and Repair.
Are these messages from Outlook 2003 clients as well? Is there anything
logged to the Event Viewer?

--

> well these are the mails that i have got from within my own organization
> and the version of outlook that i am using is 2003 with service pack 1
> does it have to do something with registering of some DLL's
>
> Thanks for all your help
>
> Santosh.R
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:u3Jin4%23FFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Are these msg-files you've created yourself or did you receive them? In
>> case of the last; can you succesfully open you own? Also post your
>> version of Outlook.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>> --
>>
>> "Santosh" <Santoshrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi team
>>>
>>> I have run into a weird problem i can open all kinds of attachments
>>> except
>>> .msg and when i double click on the attachment i get an Error Message
>>> the
>>> messaging interface was not found please restart outlook but even after
>>> doing all those things it does not want to work i have registered
>>> ole32.dll
>>> using the regsvr32 command but still i am not sure why this is happening
>>> can
>>> you guide me on this one please
>>>
>>> thanks for all your help
>>>
>>> Santosh.R

0
Roady
2/21/2005 8:57:58 AM
i guess all the clients are outlook 2003 i mean around 90 % of them are on
outlook 2003 and even if i send the user and E-Mail it still wont open up
any ideas what might have been wrong..

Thanks for your help

Santosh.R
message news:%23f$uIN$FFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Don't think so at the moment but you could always try a Detect and Repair.
> Are these messages from Outlook 2003 clients as well? Is there anything
> logged to the Event Viewer?
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
> --
>
> "Santosh" <Santoshrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> well these are the mails that i have got from within my own organization
>> and the version of outlook that i am using is 2003 with service pack 1
>> does it have to do something with registering of some DLL's
>>
>> Thanks for all your help
>>
>> Santosh.R
>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>> in message news:u3Jin4%23FFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> Are these msg-files you've created yourself or did you receive them? In
>>> case of the last; can you succesfully open you own? Also post your
>>> version of Outlook.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>>
>>> Tips of the month:
>>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>> --
>>>
>>> "Santosh" <Santoshrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Santoshrm (5)
2/21/2005 9:06:25 AM
Can you succesfully open msg-files you've created yourself?

--

>i guess all the clients are outlook 2003 i mean around 90 % of them are on
>outlook 2003 and even if i send the user and E-Mail it still wont open up
>any ideas what might have been wrong..
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Santosh.R
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:%23f$uIN$FFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Don't think so at the moment but you could always try a Detect and
>> Repair. Are these messages from Outlook 2003 clients as well? Is there
>> anything logged to the Event Viewer?
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>> --
>>
>> "Santosh" <Santoshrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> well these are the mails that i have got from within my own organization
>>> and the version of outlook that i am using is 2003 with service pack 1
>>> does it have to do something with registering of some DLL's
>>>
>>> Thanks for all your help
>>>
>>> Santosh.R
>>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>>> in message news:u3Jin4%23FFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

0
Roady
2/21/2005 10:56:34 AM
yes i can open all the mails that i saved as .msg

Thanks & Regards,
Santosh.R
message news:OWImZPAGFHA.2572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Can you succesfully open msg-files you've created yourself?
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
> --
>
> "Santosh" <Santoshrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>i guess all the clients are outlook 2003 i mean around 90 % of them are on
>>outlook 2003 and even if i send the user and E-Mail it still wont open up
>>any ideas what might have been wrong..
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>>
>> Santosh.R
>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>> in message news:%23f$uIN$FFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> Don't think so at the moment but you could always try a Detect and
>>> Repair. Are these messages from Outlook 2003 clients as well? Is there
>>> anything logged to the Event Viewer?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>>
>>> Tips of the month:
>>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>> --
>>>
>>> "Santosh" <Santoshrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Santoshrm (5)
2/22/2005 8:51:05 AM
i  guess the issue is now resolved i uninstalled office 2003 aand deleted
the Microsoft Office folder in which it was installed and then reinstalled
office with service pack 1 and now i guess it started working but one thing
is that i wont know why that issue happened and i will be in kept in dark

Anyways thanks for all your help team

Santosh.R

> yes i can open all the mails that i saved as .msg
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Santosh.R
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:OWImZPAGFHA.2572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Can you succesfully open msg-files you've created yourself?
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>> --
>>
>> "Santosh" <Santoshrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>i guess all the clients are outlook 2003 i mean around 90 % of them are
>>>on outlook 2003 and even if i send the user and E-Mail it still wont open
>>>up any ideas what might have been wrong..
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help
>>>
>>> Santosh.R
>>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>>> in message news:%23f$uIN$FFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

0
Santoshrm (5)
2/22/2005 12:57:14 PM
Sounds like you were working in a mixture of UNICODE and ANSI files. Outlook
2003 uses UNICODE while previous versions used ANSI.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
>i  guess the issue is now resolved i uninstalled office 2003 aand deleted
>the Microsoft Office folder in which it was installed and then reinstalled
>office with service pack 1 and now i guess it started working but one thing
>is that i wont know why that issue happened and i will be in kept in dark
>
> Anyways thanks for all your help team
>
> Santosh.R
>

> "Santosh" <Santoshrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> yes i can open all the mails that i saved as .msg
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Santosh.R
>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>> in message news:OWImZPAGFHA.2572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> Can you succesfully open msg-files you've created yourself?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>>
>>> Tips of the month:
>>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>> --
>>>
>>> "Santosh" <Santoshrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Roady
2/22/2005 4:55:35 PM
I have a similar issue. I using Outlook 2003 and recently I cannot ope
msg attachments. Other attachments, word, excel, etc work fine. I hav
tried creating a new profile, detect and repair and re-installin
Office (including Outlook 2003). I continue the get the same error
Messaging Interface Returned an Unknown Error � I can save the attache
message file to my desktop and then can open. This applies for html o
plain text formatted message. Any ideas would be much appreciated
Thanks, Da

--
Dan4337Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces

0
Dan4337
6/3/2005 5:44:30 PM
From a previous post - I have a similar issue. I using Outlook 2003 and
recently I cannot open
msg attachments. Other attachments, word, excel, etc work fine. I have
tried creating a new profile, detect and repair and re-installing
Office (including Outlook 2003). I continue the get the same error –
Messaging Interface Returned an Unknown Error … I can save the attached
message file to my desktop and then can open. This applies for html or
plain text formatted message. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Dan

I am experiencing the same problem, I'll try uninstalling and re-installing
Office next week.

"Dan4337" wrote:

> I have a similar issue. I using Outlook 2003 and recently I cannot open
> msg attachments. Other attachments, word, excel, etc work fine. I have
> tried creating a new profile, detect and repair and re-installing
> Office (including Outlook 2003). I continue the get the same error –
> Messaging Interface Returned an Unknown Error … I can save the attached
> message file to my desktop and then can open. This applies for html or
> plain text formatted message. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
> Thanks, Dan
>

> --
> Dan4337Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

0
Tomh2104 (2)

email attachments 12-02-04
I'm unable to attach in photos, orshare any using msn9, but can open explorer and do that from there. It says its been blocked. How do I unblock this. I have to stop and open IE to send anyphotos what so ever. ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Attaching hyperlinks in emails
When attaching files or hyperlinks to email, I select the paperclip from the toolbar, select the file, and on the insert button at the bottom right there is a drop down menu which lists Insert, Insert as text, Insert as attachment, and Insert as Hyperlink. I have another computer that lists only the first two options. How do I add the other options to this drop down list? >-----Original Message----- >There are three message formats (HTML, Rich Text and >Plain Text), "Insert as Hyperlink" is only available for >Rich Text format, when you create a new mail the for...

Need an open house sign in sheet

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

Need Help with error msg Microsoft Visual C+ + Runtime library
Hello, I need help. I have been reading for a while and I cant seem to find my solution. I had the home based windows program that came with my computer, I have now installed Windows XP. Everything works fine expect for Outlook. I don't know much about computers. So please speak English when you reply. Here is my problem. I double click on the New icon and I get these error messages. 1st Unable to open default email folders. Could not open the item. Try again. (Ok) 2nd Would you like to open your default file system folders instead. (Yes or No) I click Yes 3rd Msg is a Mi...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...

Open File IF Not Opened
Goodmorning! I was looking for someone who could tell me how I could make a Macro Appliction open files only when there not opened. When a file is allready opened it should be left at alone. When a file is being opened, this file should be granted the opportunity to update it's pivot tables and carry out any external links. I hope someone has the answer! Thanks in advance! Here's some code that might help. It tests whether a file is open: if it is it activates it, otherwise it opens the file. If IsWindowOpen(lStr_FileName) Then Windows(lStr_FileName).Activate ...

Money: Err Msg: Path Has Not Been Properly Set Up
please help.... Microsoft Money. The path is not properly set up in the registry or has been moved after running Money's Setup. Please re-install Money. Otherwise, Money may not be able to run properly. re-instal wont help deleting registry entry dasn.t help. windowx xp sp2 Ms Money 97 (v.5.0) .. Are you using an administrator account to run the software? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://registe...

i have a pps file that i cant open what do i need to open it with
i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what do i need to open them with???? Certainly not Excel. Those are PowerPoint files. You can download a PP viewer from here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en Note instructions for download and installation. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:44:02 -0700, Marty <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what >do i need to open them with??...

Cant open investment center money 2001 deluxe
Two possibly related problems. Error from bank that holds investments -- money says internet connection error "OFXIE12029" When I try to open investments center or click on portfolio money crashes. I have tried the knowledge base fix for corrupt accounts but since the first instruction is to open the investing center or click on portfolio I am stuck. BTW -- does Bill Gates care? Someone had this error the other day, and it was due to their bank blocking their IP address. See also http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312818 A connection error to the bank. ...