Cannot open attach. within outlook

I am using outlook 2000sr2 on windows NT 4.

I am getting a variety of message boxes when I open files.  Either: "<file
name> is being used by <user>.  Do you want to make a copy? (email
attachments and Word files) or "A document with the name <x> is already open.
 You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are
in different folders.  To open the second document, either close the document
that's currently open, or rename one of the documents." (Excel files).

This only occurs when I open the documents directly from email or My
computer.  I don't have a problem when I open a file through Word, Excel, etc
0
amac55 (10)

Outlook will not connect
I have just purchased a new HP computer with Vista and also Office 2007. I cannot get Outlook to work. Upon clicking on the icon I get a blue page with the message “The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.” Then a popup asking for server and mailbox info. I have filled this in and pressed ok. I get a message- “Cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.ost is not a offline folder file.” I can get no help online or anywhere else. Can you help? Many thanks, Jo...

Hyperlinks and outlook
Everytime I press a hyperlink, outlook express starts, but I want outlook 2000 to start instead, how do I change that? I already changed it on the control panel + internet options, and have it pointing to outlook 2000 but still launches outlook express. Any ideas? See if the tip in the first highlighted section of the following article works for you: http://www.slipstick.com/config/defaultmailer.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:8S5Ab.14154$...

Outlook 2000 won't start
After fighting spyware for 2 days last week, Outlook 2K has stopped running on a Win2K machine. I can see the calendar & appointments when starting, but an immediate error pops up that says "Operation Failed" then the program crashes. We've tried the inbox repair tool (no problems found), uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, command line Outlook safe mode. It still won't start. Possibly related problem: in Control Panel | Mail... we can't pull up the profile. When Mail is clicked, nothing happens, so we can't edit, delete or add a profile. Any suggesti...

email attachments 12-02-04
I'm unable to attach in photos, orshare any using msn9, but can open explorer and do that from there. It says its been blocked. How do I unblock this. I have to stop and open IE to send anyphotos what so ever. ...

Publisher 2000

Outlook Calander #3
Does anybody know if there is a way to have Outlooks calendar display the month with "full squares" for Sat and Sun just like other days of the week in the month display mode. I have a lot going on the weekends. Having Sat/Sun as one "square" makes it difficult to read. I cannot see any way to do this from the buttons menu. I am using Office Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance right click on the calendar and choose other settings - untick the compress weekend days option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNo...

opening links in outlook

Outlook Mail Editor Does Not Close When Outlook Closes
Config: WIN2K & Outlook 2K with latest service packs. Word is my email editor. When I close Outlook the WINWORD.EXE process continues to run. (There are no open email messages when I close Outlook.) If I subsequently open Word it will not to print because it says a default printer does not exist. If I stop the WINWORD.EXE process in the Task Manager before launching Word it prints fine. I couldn't find an applicable Knowledge Base article for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Geary ...

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Attaching hyperlinks in emails
When attaching files or hyperlinks to email, I select the paperclip from the toolbar, select the file, and on the insert button at the bottom right there is a drop down menu which lists Insert, Insert as text, Insert as attachment, and Insert as Hyperlink. I have another computer that lists only the first two options. How do I add the other options to this drop down list? >-----Original Message----- >There are three message formats (HTML, Rich Text and >Plain Text), "Insert as Hyperlink" is only available for >Rich Text format, when you create a new mail the for...

Receipts in Outlook 2003
Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer this. I set up Outlook to ask for a delivery receipt AND a read receipt. (Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Tracking Options | For all messages I send, request: (CHKBOX) Read Receipt/(CHKBOX) Delivery Receipt) I have a folder named "Receipts"in my Inbox, and two subfolders under "Receipts," "Delivery" and "Read." I have already created a rule for delivery receipts. I am having trouble composing a rule for read receipts. When I right-click on a delivery receipt, the "Create Rule..." selection is OK...

Outlook 2003 stops writing
when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system and interrups writing for a few seconds. The marker disappears and there is no memory of the keys used. It happens both with the built-in keyboard on my laptop as well as when I use an externa keyboard. Vista Premium. -- gunsan That is more likely to be a problem with win, or your hardware "gunsan" <gunsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D556-4482-4179-B34A-8B97BB8E7B3D@microsoft.com... > when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system > and > ...

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Outlook 2002 Spam Filter freeware?
I'm looking for Anti SPAM freeware/shareware, that acts as a plug-in to Outlook 2002 and deletes Spam from my email server, without downloading it to Outlook at all. Thus when running outlook it would interact with the Anti Spam software and receive only non-spam through it (subject to a learning process obviously!). Thanks in anticipation :) Google is your friend. However, that plug-in would not be an Outlook plug-in since Outlook has nothing to do with deleting from server prior to download, via rules or any other method. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

Outlook error codes
I would appreciate any help! Outlook 2007 refuses to startup, error messsage: catastrophic failure (0x8000FFFF) and the following: C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\ Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. error code now being displayed: 0x80040119 (is this a registry problem?) the above was the default folder and as such contains a large amount of my inaccessible data Have been unable to activate (or even locate) inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe), which I understand was installed with Outlook have neutralized spyware uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2007, to no ...

HELP!- Outlook 2002 and Windows Installer
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C48A75.535D59D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Everytime I open Outlook 2002 - the "Windows Installer" dialog box = appears. On the first instance of opening Outlook 2002 after a reboot or = cold start - the "Windows Installer" actually goes through what appears = to be the installation of a ?????. Repeated openings of Outlook 2002 = reveals the dialog box for about two seconds then it closes. This just = started. O/S: Win XP- ...