cannot mark as private

We have an Exchange 2000 server and use Outlook XP
clients.  We are unable to mark our e-mails as private.
Is there something I need to do to enable this option?
0
anonymous (74725)

What happens when you try to set it as private? Is it greyed out?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Corey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have an Exchange 2000 server and use Outlook XP
> clients.  We are unable to mark our e-mails as private.
> Is there something I need to do to enable this option?

0
Roady
8/12/2004 12:52:22 PM
Yes, the sensitivity drop down menu is grayed out.
0
anonymous (74725)
8/12/2004 1:07:45 PM
Are you doing this on items already received? Then you cannot change the
sensitivity.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks

-----

> Yes, the sensitivity drop down menu is grayed out.

0
Roady

tick mark or what ?
Case 1 - it works the way i want it - case 2 the whole arry is written. why? 'where is my thinking going wrong'? ist's just the blank (Write-Host $i"." $...||Write-Host $i". "$...) 1. [array]$SaveLast10Decembers=@(Get-ChildItem | where-object {$_.name -match "$FileYearDecember\d{2}_\w{3}-\w{3}\.\w{3}$"}) Write-Host $i"." $SaveLast10Decembers[$SaveLast10Decembers.count-1].name "wird verschoben" | Out-File $LogFileName -append --> 1. YMAT1_20091231_SAP-JOB.txt wird verschoben 2. [array]$SaveLast10Decembers=@(Get-Chil...

Macro/Word converting double-quote marks into angle quotation marks
Hi all, I've scripted a vba macro that opens html pages in txt format and adds the following line after <BODY> (through a search and replace): <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Output.css" /> The problem I'm having is that Word or the macro (don't really know) is converting the double-quote marks into angled quotation marks (ASCII 147 and 148), which makes the line above unreadable by the browser. I've tried using Chr(34): "<BODY><link rel=" & Chr(34) & "stylesheet" & ...

How do I make a note private?
Is there a way to make a note private so only I can access it? Depends on the computer and account setup. rjk98 wrote: > Is there a way to make a note private so only I can access it? ...

Word document format marks
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I hide format marks in my Word documents. Docs show paragraph marks, tab marks, etc. They do not print when I print the document. One day I was typing and accidentally hit a key or key combo and there they were. You can simply click on the �-icon in the Standard toolbar (it looks like an inverted "P"), or, if you prefer using the keyboard, hit Cmd+8. On 30/03/10 15:52, DrJ117@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > How do I h...

Mega Newbie
MS Exchange V5.5 with Outlook 2000 clients. The size of our exchange databases seem to be growing at a serious rate. I believe that the files priv.edb and pub.edb are the user folders and public folders respectively - can someone confirm this please? Our file sizes are 1Gb for priv and 3Gb for pub. This means at least some users have a serious allocation for their user folders - total number of users approx 30! Is it possible to examine the system via exchange to find out which user's folders are taking up all the space? TIA Phil Hi There, >-----Original Message----- >MS Ex...

marking replies
I want to have an arrow, or something, on my inbox list that indicates I have replied to that email. I have it on other computers, but can't figure out how to install on this one. There already is... on the little envelope icon in the From column blue arrow => indicates forwarded purple arrow <= indicates replied to -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ADE4C9F-94F7-4FF6-8BB0-789ECE557E97@microsoft.com... > I want to have an arrow, or...

Can tick mark labels be flipped about axis?
Hi, I'm plotting a number of XY scatter charts with negative and positive numbers on both axes. These axes must intersect at their zero points and I need to display tick mark labels next to both. However, I find that these labels tend to obscure each other at the intersection. Is there a way of removing some of them near the intersection, for example by selectively setting the font color to transparent? Alternatively, can the labels be 'flipped' about their axis like the high/low setting, but having them still next to the axis insead of at the top or bottom of the chart? I tried t...

Question marks appearing where folder names should be
I have a user who has his inbox and subfolders showing question marks instead of letters. He went to china and access OWA. Since he's come back, the settings have remained in chinese. How do I restore him back to english and get rid of the question marks? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

coloured marking
Hi, I'm new in this group and hope this is the right group for my question! I have an Excel table for my diabetic values! Now I would like to see these values coloured if they pass over specified values, for example from 150-199 green colour and for more than 200 red colour. Is this possible? -- Viele Gruesse / Best regards / Serdeczne pozdrowienia Roland Thawte Web of Trust notary und/and/i CAcert assurer, Zywiec, Polen / Poland / Polska PGP-Key: http://www.biglumber.com/x/web?qs=0x2187626E Skype: roland1713 - low-priced calling over computer - http://www.skype.com/ Roland, yes it ...

how to mark outbox emails for send
I have over 2000 emails in an outbox that will not go out. New emails are sent fine. The emails that go out successfully are in bold italics for the moment they reside in the Outbox prior to being sent. The 2000 or so emails stuck in the same Outbox are all normal font. Is there a way to mark them all to be sent? Also, why would these emails have ended up in this state in the first place, that is sitting in the Outbox but not marked to send? Thanks in advance ...

Re: Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2003 incorrectly marking email from GAL as junk
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01CAE533.362FB730 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The problem still continues even with the April 13, 2010 Outlook 2007 = Junk email filter (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981433), so I am = still searching for a solution. I'll repost this question to the correct managed newsgroup = microsoft.public.outlook.general. <Mltwwlco@noemail.noemail> wrote in message news:... I installed KB978401 Description of the Office O...

Flag, Envelopw, and question mark
What does the foag, envelope or question mark signify when they appear in the ahead of the entry in the register? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, DaddyBob wrote: >What does the foag, envelope or question mark signify when they appear in the >ahead of the entry in the register? See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#S6 ...

mark up
need to mark up 16800 items by 15% column e is my net and need column f with new prices Hi, in column F enter =E2*1.15 copy formula down you can have a cell where you enter the markup % like A1, then have F calculate it using =E2*(1+A1) in A1 you will enter 15 "arKwelder" wrote: > need to mark up 16800 items by 15% column e is my net and need column f > with new prices opps you will enter 0.15 instead of 15 "Eduardo" wrote: > Hi, > in column F enter > > =E2*1.15 > > copy formula down > > yo...

cutting marks
Hi. I have designed some compliments slips for work, and i have set it up in publisher so that it prints 3 copies on a page. Can anyone tell me how i can print off the marks to show where each on starts and ends (basically to cut across) Thanks alot Angel_1 wrote: > Hi. I have designed some compliments slips for work, and > i have set it up in publisher so that it prints 3 copies > on a page. Can anyone tell me how i can print off the > marks to show where each on starts and ends (basically to > cut across) > Thanks alot =================================== Insert a d...

I just received this from Mark Joyner. Everyone on the Internet
I just received this from Mark Joyner. Everyone on the Internet needs to read this, and you should forward this to your friends, as well. I tried this "Manuscript" he refers to myself and it was, without a doubt, the most profound experience of my business life. I'm still shaking from reading it. I feel like a fog has been lifted from my eyes! Anyway, here's the letter he sent me about it: =============== Dear Subscriber, If I could show you one simple technique that in 5 minutes would increase your Internet sales by 32% would you do it? What if I had a collection of...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Re: foreign language accent marks
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:10:45 -0400, Jeff Zeitlin <msforums@freelancetraveller.com> wrote: > >On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 08:13:49 +0100, Dominic Payer <dcp@dcp.fsv.co.uk> >wrote: > >>Find Character Map in your Windows Accessories/Tools menu and note and >>remember the Alt+numeric sequence for the accented characters you need >>in the fonts you use. >> >>The numbers in the sequences must be entered on the right hand numeric >>keypad not the numeric keys above the keyboard letters. > >This is not going to always be possi...

Private EDB file
Hi, I am working with a client that has SBS2003 and is using Exchange 2003. There are 14 mailboxes with a total size of 4.5GB. When I look at the file size of the private edb, it is at 17GB. Why is there such a discrepancy and what can I do to shrink the size of the edb, so that I don't run into size limit problems. Thanks, Tom you need to perform offline defragmentation on the databases to also take a look at this site for updates SBS http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/downloads/presp1.mspx http://consultusa.us/index.php?itemid=19 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192...

Marking spam
I have just reinstalled Outlook 2007 and activated spam filters, set to "Low." Now I am finding that much of my email--some of it not spam--is marked SPAM. This wasn't happening before. How do I shut it off? Joe Parsons Do you mean the word SPAM is actually in the subject or elsewhere in the mail item? If so, that's another program or your providers server doing that. "jmparsons3" <jmparsons3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8f3a5fae-a5cc-4868-97f0-618feefa1eb1@y33g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > I have just reinstalled Outlook 2007 and activated spam ...

How do I delete the page return markings and paragraph markings
My document has the markings showing page return, paragraph, tabs etc. for some reason I cannot figure out to delete these from the document. Hello Marge, I am guessing that this post is related to Microsoft Word, not Microsoft Project ? In Word 2003 and earlier: On the Standard toolbar to the left of zoom % drop down, click the "Show/ Hide paragraph mark" button. In Word 2007: On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group click the "Show / Hide paragraph mark" button to the right of the Sort button. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. J...

what is 'tick mark' in corner of cell ?
I just exported some data from Access to Excel. There is a little 'tick mark' in the upper left corner of some cells. Anybody know what that is? thanks for any help. This indicates that Excel has found a potential problem with the value or formula in the cell. Most likely in your case, it is that a number is being stored as text. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Will" <Will@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:eHQ1g.3$5b2.2@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... >I just exported some data from Acces...

Marking emails "private"
What does marking an email "private" limit a user from do to that email? the recipient can't edit email, users who have access to calendar or contacts folders (on exchange server) can't see those items marked private. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://w...

mark email like DONE-after turning off my computer-mark will dissa
I have Outlook(2007) synchronized with Hotmail by Outlook connector. If i mark email with red flag everythink is OK. But if I change red flag to DONE. After I turn off outlook, turn off my computer, the mark DONE will dissapear! And the email is red - It looks like the email is marked as red flag...But I marked it like done before......can anyone help PLEASE. I cant work like this? ...

Water mark?
I placed the word "draft" as a watermark on my newsletter. How do I remove the watermark? Hrbob wrote: > I placed the word "draft" as a watermark on my newsletter. How do I > remove the watermark? The opposite way to the way you added it - delete it from the master page. If you don't know how to access the master page - well RTFH. -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. In Word, I assume you are using Word, format, background, click Printed Watermark, click No watermark... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office...

How do I insert a check mark into a cell?
Is there a way to insert a checkmark into a cell in an Excel spreadsheet? I have not been able to find an ANSI character code for check mark...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Mark Charleston Mark, Format the cell as Wingdings. Then hold down the Alt key and type "0252" on the numeric keyboard and press the Enter key. John Mark Charleston wrote: > Is there a way to insert a checkmark into a cell in an > Excel spreadsheet? I have not been able to find an ANSI > character code for check mark...any suggestions would be > greatly appreciated. ...