Cannot Insert Item into a task occasionally - Outlook 2003

Occasionally, our personnel are complaining that you the Insert -->Item
button is grayed out on the menu, when you are in some tasks, and not others.
  Whay is this grayed out.  Do we need to be in a field?  I noticed that
Insert-->Object is grayed out until you click into the body of the task.
When clicking on the body of the task under certain tasks (we cannot see a
difference between them) the Insert-->Item is still grayed out.

Please advise.
0
VBJimSD (1)

This is what I have seen-

Not of the options are available if you are on the details tab as opposed to
the task tab.  And if on the task tab the object insert option is only
available if you are in the "body" of the task- where you would insert the
file.

Regards

--
Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group
"VBJimSD" <VBJimSD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Occasionally, our personnel are complaining that you the Insert -->Item
> button is grayed out on the menu, when you are in some tasks, and not
> others.
>  Whay is this grayed out.  Do we need to be in a field?  I noticed that
> Insert-->Object is grayed out until you click into the body of the task.
> When clicking on the body of the task under certain tasks (we cannot see a
> difference between them) the Insert-->Item is still grayed out.
>
> Please advise.

0
outlook3306 (110)
8/19/2005 3:50:49 AM
I started having this issue yesterday.  Could it have something to d
with archiving items?  Yesterday morning I was able to insert items i
a task and yesterday afternoon I could not.  I can insert files and
can drag and drop journal entries or emails into tasks.  I can no
insert an item from the insert menu in a task.  It is greyed out.  Doe
anyone know how to fix this

--
kenlight@msn.co
Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

0
kenlight (1)
5/9/2006 7:45:52 PM
Sorry - never seen it anywhere and can't replicate it.

Try closing Outlook, then start it up again and see if it works.

Judy Gleeson  - MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting
Canberra, Australia
www.acorntraining.com.au
When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if
applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About. Also
include the type of mail account(s) you use and any other pertinent details.
Be sure to put a concise summary of your question in the subject line, and
the full details in the body of your post.

"kenlight@msn.com" <kenlightmsn.com.27k3b9@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in
message news:kenlightmsn.com.27k3b9@NoSpamPleaze.com...

> I started having this issue yesterday.  Could it have something to do
> with archiving items?  Yesterday morning I was able to insert items in
> a task and yesterday afternoon I could not.  I can insert files and I
> can drag and drop journal entries or emails into tasks.  I can not
> insert an item from the insert menu in a task.  It is greyed out.  Does
> anyone know how to fix this?
>

> --
> kenlight@msn.com
> Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

0
judy (62)

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Insert trigger

record cash receipt by invoice line item
Great Plains should allow the option to enter one cash receipt per invoice line item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=397cb5cd-706b-4edf-b717-1f0f64a1c01e&a...

2003/newsreader (OE) not shown in view menu
I just upgraded from xp sbe to 2003 sbe. In the other versions when I clicked on view in outlook I could click on the news or view news. I can't find anyplace in outlook 2003 menu's to go to my mail? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@...

should be able to view more attributes on the item list
I would like to be able to view more options on the item list like the other attributes on the general tab. I need to be able to distinguish between color and size etc. and when going to item lookup, it is hard for me to do that when just looking at the description or lookup #. It would be nice to be able to view any of the colums on the detailed item list and choose the look of it like on the reports (the part where we can pick what fields show up on the report) or just an arrow and the ability to sort the way the columns show up in the box. Right now if I am not sure if I am choosing ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Inactive items #2
We are approaching our financial end of year and the Inventory is looking to remove items. I know if an item is marked as 'inactive' it will be removed at the YE procedure. But for a stock count when the schedules are created if an item is marked as inactive would it still appear on the scheulde. Hi, In order to be removed at year-end the item must have a type of 'Discontinued' and no quantities can remain in inventory. As for the cycle counts, if an item is marked as discontinued even if there are no quantites in inventory, it will still be included in the cycle count...

Exch 2003 Crashes
(Long post, please bear with me and read it all.) I've been working with MS PSS for about 15 hours so far on this and they're unable to help. I've been talking to both the Exchange and IIS groups. Nothing found here on the NG or Google, so I thought I'd post fresh. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!! I have a Win2003 (standard) DC with Exch 2003 (standard) on it. It also has Veritas BackupExec 9.0, Sybari Antigen 7.5, and Symantec NAV Corporate 8.1. NAV is only scanning the web directory - not the Exchange directories. This machine is a new Dell PowerEdge 2650 with 3 drives in RAID...

Installing Office 2003 is a mess
I purchased Office 2003 on disk and I installed it on my old XP machine. When I used the same disk to install Office 2003 on my new Vista machine, I was taken by surprise when I was asked if I wanted Office 2007. I said yes, thinking that it was a free update for Vista. Now I have the following 3 problems, of which I have solved only the first one: 1. When I open a Word file by double-clicking in Explorer, the file opens under Office 2007 and asks if I want to install it, which I do not. I solved this problem by first opening Word 2003 with the icon on the desktop and now ...

record cash receipt by line item
Great Plains should give an option to record cash receipt per line item on an invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=29790378-1040-4f47-90f1-65567d808f0c&...

2003
When I look at the draft folder there is no way (I ca find) to get the Reading Pane. Under Views|Reading pane the choices (right/bottom/off) are grayed out. If it right click and select other settings I can pick the right or bottom radio button but when I hit OK it does to change the view. Help. Thanks That's by design. No reading pane in the Drafts folder. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm &quo...

Exchane 2003: OMA doesn't work
I upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003. The server is still running Win2k When I try to access OMA (with IE or PocketPC), I get an error: There is a configuration issue with Outlook(R) Mobile Access. Please contact your administrator. When I check the event log there's the error message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeOMA Event Category: (1000) Event ID: 1511 Description: Reading the Internet Information Services metabase for the Microsoft(R) Exchange default domain at node /LM/W3SVC/1/root/OMA failed with error -2147024891 Where could be the problem? I had a look at the meta...

Inactive Items
We have several dormant items which we dont want to delete since we might activate those in the future. These items by the way have historical data but no current inventory, allocated, on order, returned or in use quantities. Kindly advise what is the best way to prevent the users from accidentally adding transactions to these items. Thank you. Change the Item Type in Cards>> Inventory>> Item to "Discontinued", this will warn the user that this item is discontinued on Receiving and will not allow the Sales. Mak sure not to select "Remove Discont...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

Exchange 2003 Database Size vs Free Space
I am running Exchange 2003 Standard Edition SP2 We currently have approximately 100 mailboxes priv1.edb is 14.4GB priv1.stm is 8.8GB I did, quite some time ago update the registry to increase the database size limit to 75GB. Event ID 1221 reports only 220mb of free space. I suspected it was misreporting the free space because my backups were running at the same time the maint (online defrag) was running. I changed my backup to run outside of the maint. window but it's still reporting the same amount of free space. Am I reading this wrong? It looks like I'm ou...

Taxes on SO should auto apply Taxes to an Item
Regarding RMS V 1.3 - I think that SO Manager should hold the Tax Info on a per location basis, then have the option to select the default tax on a per location basis. This would lend for creating an item in HQ Manager and assigning it as 'Taxable' or 'Non Taxable', but not having to assign one locations Items Tax. Then when the item is issued to locations via a 'Worksheet Style 250: Update Inventory - Items', it will just straight assign the appropriate default Sales Tax, thereby elevating the need to issue a 'Worksheet Style 320: Adjust Item Sales Tax' ...

Inbox Email is automatically being moved to Deleted Items
Help - A number of important emails keep getting automatically moved to Deleted Items. I have not set up any rules like this. Is there some setting I can change to ensure this doesn't happen try opening outlook using the resetfolders switch. If you don't know how to do this, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

incorrect balance on main checking -Money 2003
When I open my main checking account the balance is incorrect. On the home page it is correct and when listed at the bottom of bills and deposits it is correct but when I open the account I have lost $3700??? Please help! In microsoft.public.money, matt wrote: >When I open my main checking account the balance is >incorrect. On the home page it is correct and when >listed at the bottom of bills and deposits it is correct >but when I open the account I have lost $3700??? Please >help! Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the...

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point