Cannot import send/receive dates for emails stored in Access (.mdb) file

I have some mdb (Access format) database files with thousands of emails
extracted from couple of Yahoo groups forums.  I'd like to import these
into my Outlook 2003 PST so that I can search and read them offline.

The mdb files contain all the fields necessary for a proper email
import, including

from_name
from_email
subject
receive_date
receive_time
message (HTML format)

When I use the Outlook "Import and Export Wizard", selecting Access
file type, etc., all appears fine.  However, after the import
completes, in Outlook there is no date information populated under
either sent or received date.

If I use the "map custom fields" button on the import wizard, all of
the import file fields are shown correctly on the left hand "from" side
(as listed above) but on the right hand "to" side I only see the
following Outlook fields to map to:

subject
body
from/to/cc/bcc (name)
from/to/cc/bcc (address)
from/to/cc/bcc (type)
billing information
categories
importance
mileage
sensitivity

For whatever reason, THERE IS NO DATE FIELD to map to.

I can map date to something like "billing information" but that doesn't
help much

I appreciate any help or advice you can provide!

Thanks,

John

Could any of the experts here recommend a subgroup that might be able
to answer this?

Thanks,

John

JohnSoPA <internet@thinkapex.com> wrote:

> Could any of the experts here recommend a subgroup that might be able
> to answer this?

Importing doesn't handle date fields, as far as I know.  At best the date
will be set to the date of the import.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Importing messages #6

Remote VPN access to Exchange
We have a user who is remotely connecting to our network via VPN through a Cisco PIX firewall. She can access network resources no problem, but when she tries to configure Outlook using our Exchange server, it keeps asking for authentication. Using her windows account information does not work. How do we get past this? Thanks. Is she actually authenicating in the domain or is she using cached credentials? It seems unusual that authentication would work for network resources for not for Exchange. What type of network resources is she asking and is she actually logging onto the domain...

Import and export

Importing data

Email signature
In Outlook 2002 SP-2 I am having trouble setting my email signiture format. Every time I set the font and paragraph format in the options window and then go to a new email form, the signature comes up in Helvetica with auto spaces between the lines. I have to reset the font and line spacing with each email. I am using word as my email editor. I have gone through all the steps to create a signature many times, always with the same results. I have even set the normal template in Word to the same settings, this has no effect on the email. Are you sure your emails aren't being s...

Cannot Send of Receive
How dinfo?o I find our my smtp & pop3 "Joe" <jftodd@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:u3Zl2MF8KHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How dinfo?o I find our my smtp & pop3 Follow the settings described here http://vermontel.com/setup-outlook-express They are for Outlook Express, but Windows Mail uses the same settings. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx ...

Outlook 2003
We have a small office of just six users who are all on Office 2003. When the Message settings on a message are set to an Importance of Low or High, the recipient gets the message with a Normal Importance. The same thing is happening with the sensitivity settings. However, when using my personal laptop, these settings work on both sending and receiving, using the same network connection as the machines in the office. Any ideas? ...

Run a macro on a fixed date cycle
Hi Is there a way to run a macro - "Update_Me" - on a fixed date, say the first of every month? Thanks in advance Steve Steve, There's no way to do waht you want without opening the workbook on that day. If we assum you open the workbook everyday, the ideal way to achieve ehat you want is to create ans 'Auto_exec' macro that performs a check on the date, and then either exits doing nothing, or runs your update macro, depending on the result of the date check. Depending how volatile your source data is you may need to add some validation and safety checks to en...

Send from Distribution Group
Hi, I have setup a distribution group with certain users as members of, so all emails with the email address for the dist group goes to these users. When I send from on one of the members' PCs and select the distribution group as the from field, it returns an email back saying this user 'doesnt have permission to send from this user'. I can change this sort of permission on AD users by selecting the users to allow mails to be send on behalf of, but nothing in Dist groups. If I give the user admin rights to the network then they can send from the dist group. But they cant h...

Not Receiving Email from Some Known Senders
Hi. I just got a new home PC from Dell. I am using Outlook 2003. I am also running McAfee Security Center. I am not receiving email from some senders that I know. They are not going to my Junk Email folder or my McAfee Anti-Spam folder. One sender whose email I am not receiving is my husbands. He is getting a message back from his postmaster that says "Delivery is delayed to these recipients...This message has not been delivered. Microsoft Exchange will continue to try delivering the message on your behalf." Even he sends an email to a distribution list and I am in the ...

excel 97 xml import

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

how do i send an e-newsletter to a specific category?
how do i send an e-newsletter to a specific category? Terry <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i send an e-newsletter to a specific category? Open your Contacts, arrange by category, select the category you want, and click Actions>New Message to Contact. Include your newsletter in the message. -- Brian Tillman I have created a publisher e-newsletter, how do I email to a specific category? "Terry" wrote: > how do i send an e-newsletter to a specific category? Terry <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a publishe...

Hiding tasks with due dates in the distant future
I'd like to display only my tasks for the next month or so. How can I filter out those that are in the distant future or recurring tasks that won't be due until next year or the year after? Hi, Goto the Tasks folder. Goto the Customize current view. Click on the Filter Button. Goto the Advanced Tab. Under define more criteria, clickon the Feilds and then select All Task Feilds and then select Due Date. Then under the condition Select Between and then in the Value enter the range of dates ( say 3/8/2004 and 3/10/2004 ). Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Ambe...

OWA Access denied to domain users Exchange 2000
Hi I have set up a new virtual directory to access the mail from OWA for the domain abc.com. When I type the OWA URL I get the prompt. I try user A@abc.com and it works. Then I try user B@abc.com and it denies access. I am at a loss to understand why some users in the domain can log in to OWA and some users can't. I'd appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks & Regards Any help? soup_or_power@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi > I have set up a new virtual directory to access the mail from OWA for > the domain abc.com. When I type the OWA URL I get the prompt. I try > user A@abc...

Cannot send internet mail... HELP!!!
I have a new install of Windows 2003 with a 120 day version of Exchange 2003.I can recieve email from any domain but I can only send mail internaly. The machine is public, no firewall. I have no DNS errors. I can connect via telnet to my mail server at home as well as connect via telnet from my home server to the 2003 server. the mail stuck in the queue say "The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt." I have spent a week trying to get this fixed. All my experince is with 5.5 and this is making want to stick with that. Any hlep would be greatly appreciated. ...

Emailing worksheets in body
When I try to send a worksheet in the body of an email, i only gets options to mail recipient (for review) and mail recipient (as attachment), I no longer can just send an email with the worksheet in the body. How can I change this. I also just installed Adobe Professional 6.0 which has review features to it, I don't know if that affected my Excel or not. ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mm/dd/yyyy
how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mmddyyy I have rows of dates displayed as yyyymmdd (ie 20100131) I want them displayed as regular dates (ie 01/31/2010) If it's a column of cells... Select the column Data|text to columns (in xl2003 menus) choose fixed width, but don't have any delimiter lines Choose Date (ymd) This will convert the data to dates. Now you can format the ranyge the way you like. Datahead wrote: > > how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mmddyyy > > I have rows of dates displayed as yyyymmdd (ie 20100131) > > I wan...

Send/receive function
I've just installed Office Pro 2003 on my computer that is running XP Pro. I've set up my outlook to get my earthlink e-mail. When I press send/receive I get the error message "The operation failed. The object could not be found. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I am also having simular problems I have a imap drive and my personal folders. The microsoft site fix is to remove the profile and recreate. I have done this a number of times even starting from scratch but the problem is still persistant. I have friends with this exact set up who have ...

Concurrent access to private data
Hi, maybe it's a simple problem for most of you, but I can't find an easy way to quite simple problem, let me describe: Let's have this code: public ClassToChange() { ... //some other methods internal List<AnyDataClass> LockAndGetData() { Monitor.Enter(cs); return data; } internal Unlock() { Monitor.Exit(cs); } private object cs = new object(); private List<AnyDataClass> data = new List<AnyDataClass>(); } public class Editor { public Editor(ClassToChange editedObject) { this.editedObject = editedObject; } ...

Can't open highlighted link contained within an email message
When I receive an email and there is a link highlighted within the email, I can't click on the link and have it open. When I click on the link, nothing happens. Any ideas? ...

Investmnet transactions by tx date vs. settlement date?
When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon the settlement date rather than the transaction date. This can confuse me as the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes seems like more). Is there a way to set the default to record and track transactions by the trade date rather than the date the trade settles? In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote: >When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon >the settlement date rather than the transaction date. This can confuse me as >the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes s...