Cannot import Netscape 7 Mail messages into Outlook Express

Please could anyone help me determine why this mail
importing feature does not work? I get an error message
telling me that 'not all the messages' can be imported or
that the Netscape application is in use. The message
folder names alone were imported successfully, and one one
try, I was able to select only 4 folders and imported
those without a hitch. I have not been able to reproduce
that achievement. Thank you! Shutei
0
anonymous (74721)

"Shutei" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please could anyone help me determine why this mail
> importing feature does not work? I get an error message
> telling me that 'not all the messages' can be imported or
> that the Netscape application is in use. The message
> folder names alone were imported successfully, and one one
> try, I was able to select only 4 folders and imported
> those without a hitch. I have not been able to reproduce
> that achievement. Thank you! Shutei

I don't think that any version of Outlook will import directly from Netscape
7. You need to use either Netscape 4.x (preferred because of attachment
issues) or Eudora as an intermediary.

0
me9 (928)

Two Personal Folders in Outlook 2003
I moved my .PST file from my old PC that was using Outlook 98 to my new XP driven PC that uses Office and Outlook 2003. I had to rename the .PST from PERSONAL to OUTLOOK in order to get it work. Trouble is there are two (2) PERSONAL FOLDERS in Outlook 2003 that are identical, except for different icons. One icon looks like a "house", the other looks like a "card or address file". Any suggestions on how to get rid of one of these would be greatly appreciated. I'm over my head, and Microsoft's support areas are no help. Thanks. Ben Collins If you can&#...

importing Data from access #2
I have been attempting to create a reservation planning form in excel that imports Data from an Access database and inserts that information automaticly into the correct spreed sheet and the correct cells within that worksheet. The Excel Book is made up of 12 worksheets named Jan-Dec. Each worksheet has columns labeled as each day of that month. Column 'A' is reserved for 19 rows named "room1 - room19". The data I am importing from the data base is " start date", "end date" and "room number". I am also importing " surname" which i have ...

Importing into Oulook beta
Had backup installed on outlook 2003. This transferred to Outlook Beta fine when I transferred. Used it to back-up all Outlook files. Have just re-formatted. Now........ 1. Can't install Outlook Backup from Microsoft site. - it says that Outlook isn't found on my computer. 2. If I try to import the .PST file, (not using Backup) it locks up and after that, the cursor disappears behind Outlook window. Only redemable using system restore. I want to get my folders, mail and settings back. Any ideas? Nick NOTTNICK <nmm457@bellows.org.uk.nospam> wrote: > Now........ > ...

Arranging mail in inbox does not sort properly
When trying to organize items in the inbox by importance you would expect the items after the important items to be listed in chronological order....why doesn't this happen? This is the way it happened in Outlook 98...any help is appreciated.... Go to View | Current View | Customize Current View, click the Sort button, and set your preferred sorting columns and sort order there. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:066e01c3daf3$f0e4f230$a10128...

Mail message from Word template
Hi, How can I create a new mail message from an existing Word template? Thanks. In Outlook 2003? Create a new document from the template, then choose = File | Send To | Mail Recipient --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "S. Diego" <sdiego@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:uqSCb5GRHHA.4896@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, ...

Importing Campaign Responses Data in row did not match the import
We are struggling to understand how to importing Campaign Responses using the bulk import wizard. We receive the errors: Reason: Data in row did not match the import type Reason ID: 0x8004032d Please could someone help us diagnose where the problem lies? Thanks Hi, It is very difficult to help you with just this information. We will need some more information to give you helpful suggestions. like whts are the fields, type of file, mapping to which fields and other details. Following URL may be helpful to you. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/troubleshooting/tsbulkimport.msp...

Outlook 2003 Shortcuts #6
You experienced peolple have probably heard it all before, but I can't find a solution. I have always used Outlook 2000 and like the Outlook bar. I have tried to replicate this in Outlook 2003 by using the Shortcuts option and changing the WunderBar option to 6 etc. However, the registry keeps changing itself back to 0. The second problem is that I don't see the shortcuts list in Calendar. Does anyone have any ideas please? ...

error message 2908 when installing microsoft office 2003
I recently had my computer fixed. Microsoft 2002 was installed on it. I am trying to install microsoft office 2003 and even tried to install 2007 and received this error. Error2908: Internal error has occured. It then shows a registry field. Help please to resolve this issue!!! http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929681 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED7EBB5-0944-4A82-9946-3B64C4E774F0@microsoft.com... >I recentl...

Changing sender's name in Outlook Express
The Outlook Express program for our Lodge was set up by our former secretary. HIS name appears as the sender on all email I send out. How can I change this so that our Lodge name will appear, and not any individual's name? Would appreciate an email reply to lodge99@(remove)cell2000.net as well as a posting if possible. Thanks! Mike You can change this in your account settings; Tools-> Accounts Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://com...

How import MSWorks spreadsheet to Excel
I am using Exel 2000 and want to impoort a spreadsheet from MSWorks, but I can't seem to find out how. Can't these two MS programs talk to each other? No, they can't talk to each other. It's a Microsoft marketing issue, they don't want Works to compete with Office, so you have to do a "save as" in Works. "BillAtt" wrote: > I am using Exel 2000 and want to impoort a spreadsheet from MSWorks, but I > can't seem to find out how. Can't these two MS programs talk to each other? Thank you; I think that will help me. "dlw" wrot...

Item Import in MS POS
Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS) thanks, Yes, there's an inventory import wizard that does this. It's in the manager application - the help guide will give you addl info on this. "Sachafav" wrote: > Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS) > > thanks, > ...

Partial download using Remote mail / Offline folders
When using Remote Mail, you can download just the message headers. I'm wondering is it possible to configure Outlook 2000 or 2002, in offline mode, to 1) download, say, the first 10 lines of an email 2) download just the email message without attachments or vice versa Thanks. -Brad Nope... it's header or everything. "Brad Lau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0fa701c39a04$f448e330$3101280a@phx.gbl... > When using Remote Mail, you can download just the message > headers. I'm wondering is it possible to configure Outlook > 20...

Import pst file from Outlook til OE 6.0?
I'm trying to import pst files from Outlook til Outlook xpress 6.0. I get the message "can not import from the MAPI client..." -- Regards Gjermund Unless you also have Outlook on that machine, you won't be able to import the PST files. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Gjermund A. Bjordal" <gjermund.bjordal@online.no> wrote in messag...

Recurring Meetings Imported from Domino
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C583A2.DFFFC8B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Background: Users were migrated from Domino R5 to Exchange 2003 SP1. Problem: When users cancel a recurring meeting that was created in = Domino and imported into Exchange each listed attendee receives multiple = copies of the cancellation, somewhere in the neighborhood of 180 copies. = This behavior is limited to meetings that were imported from Domino. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why th...

covert outlook 2003 pst to a 2002 pst
to all.. how do i convert a unicode pst file from outlook 2003 to a pst file that will be compatible with outlook 2002? thanks.. david Create a new PST file in the "Outlook 97-2002" format and copy the information into it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "david runge" <d_run_forever@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:14cc01c3df88$06f3c090$a401280a@phx.gbl... > to all.. > > how do i convert a unicode pst file from outlook 2003 to a > pst file that will be compatible with outlook 2002? > > thanks.. > > david ...

Importing SunOne Calendar Events?
Anyone have luck importing SunOne Calendar items? Our method seems to import them but then they end up with features greyed out if you want to modify them. Thanks ...

Outlook Today #7
I recently installed Office 2000 on a laptop running Windows XP Pro. I am having trouble opening the customize outlook today menu. When I open the Outlook Today Folder, the Customize Outlook Today button appears. When I click on the Customize Outlook Today Button, the menu does not appear. I reinstalled the program but that did not fix the problem. Any solutions??????????????? Thanks Bill OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 Really, is it that hard to use...

Import Historical Stock Data from Yahoo-Finance
For a long time I thought this was not possible, but I just read a post recently that makes me think that this probably IS possible. Is there a way to import data from finance.yahoo.com, into a table, if you store all stock symbols in a table, and put beginning and ending date in a form (in a couple of TextBoxes)? I know how to do this in Excel, with all stock tickers in a row, like row 4 (or whatever), and all the dates going in descending order in Column A, and each security’s historical prices under the symbols (which are in row 4, for instance). The problem in Access i...

Import into Word
We designed in Publisher XP a letterhead. We would like to import this into Word to use as a template. Can anybody pls. help? It just seems impossible for some reason to find any help on this. Thanks so much, z In Publisher, file, save as, files of type, scroll down to whatever image format you have in mind. When you import the image into Word use the graphics tools to crop or if you have saved it as a .wmf, you can ungroup it in Word and delete all the unnecessary background. Can you select the letterhead and copy/paste into Word? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:...

Outlook 2003 blocks outgoing e-mail messages that are medium to la
Outlook 2003 e-mail works fine without attachments or with small Word documents attached. However with standard size Word attachments or larger, including PDF's etc. the Send hangs with the error message #OX800CCCOF saying it can't find the outgoing e-mail server. The mail server and my ISP are working fine. I have a Linksys residential router that works. The problem occurs despite having Norton e-mail filtering turned off, parental filtering not filtering e-mail, and my Norton Personal Firewall and Windows internal firewall turned off. Is this a Windows problem, an Outlook prob...

mails cannot been displayed in OWA, but outlook is OK
Hi there are 2 accounts in our Exchange which cannot display any mails in OWA, but it's ok if you use outlook. any idea please let me know! thanks On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:31:49 +0800, "johnosn" <zqs_163@hotmail.com> wrote: >there are 2 accounts in our Exchange which cannot display any mails in OWA, >but it's ok if you use outlook. >any idea please let me know! Are they able to log in to their mailboxes using OWA? Can they see anything in their Calendar, or Contacts? Use the EMC and find the mailbox. Is it a "User Mailbox"? With...

e-mail #20
how do i set outlook 2000 to receive e-mail only from names found in the address book? "haines" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:597401c3e5be$4bbfbdf0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > how do i set outlook 2000 to receive e-mail only from > names found in the address book? You can't AFAIK - OE has a workaround for this, and Eudora does it well! ok where do I find this OE workaround? ...

Access Mail
Can anyone tell me how to access outlook mail in my office over the web. We have an exchange server but I can remember the website name. Theres no such thing as 'outlook mail' outlook is merely a app. that allows you to access yr mail from yr provider you would have to go to yr mail providers web site to see if they have web access. "Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:042701c4a752$738290f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to access outlook mail in my office > over the web. We have an exchange server but I can > re...

Zero Length Messages
My email server (mail.comcast.net) returns the following error message when I try to retrieve email from one of server account: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Dave's Mail', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Each time I attempt to retrieve email I get the same number of messages, all duplicates of earlier messages, and then the system stops with t...

Calendar display in Outlook
My computer is running XP Professional: Help Menu for Microsoft Office Outlook (2003) says, “Change the Calendar display start and end times.” I know how to change the start and end times. What I NEED to find out is how to change the "DISPLAY." A technician doing a tune-up on my computer set the display back to default configuration. I DO NOT LIKE THE DEFAULT DISPLAY. How do I change it back, or rebuild my personalized Display??? I am especially interested in showing six small conventional monthly calendars on the right side of the display, which my previous...